Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,022 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. (971 Views)

Is This A Reason Why African Leaders Are Power-drunk? Pics / Why I Will Vote for GEJ / Nigeria Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan "Shehu Shagari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by Explicit01: 9:33am On Oct 18, 2014
Please I need a reason why I should vote for buhari based on his achievements and his performance when he was the head of state. Please don't give me a reason based on GEJ's performance, I need to know what makes buhari an outstanding candidate. THANKS
Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by madmadu(m): 9:50am On Oct 18, 2014
you shouldn't.
Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by drauj(m): 9:52am On Oct 18, 2014
For your own good and ur children.

1 Like

Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by AccraMan(m): 9:53am On Oct 18, 2014
He will save nigerians from the CLUELESS one!
Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 18, 2014
I have several reasons to give you...but I won't because you will never accept.

Vote for GEJ and let those that believe in GMB also vote for him.

6 Likes

Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by Explicit01: 10:04am On Oct 18, 2014
ilugunboy:
I have several reasons to give you...but I won't because you will never accept.

Vote for GEJ and let those that believe in GMB also vote for him.
you should cos I don't understand why he's hyped. What are his political achievements and how are we sure he's not one of these deceptive politicians?
Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 18, 2014
Vote for BUHARI?

If you told me in 1985 after IBB overthrew this despot that in 2014 he will be a major contender with young people advocating for this old fark, I would have told you to go back and sleep in order to finish your dream.
Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 18, 2014
Mi992cR6Fzg/Ua3cJwU0WrI/AAAAAAAAidw/FyPl-xKu7Yg/s400/buhari.jpg[/img]
ECONOMY
Inherited a dwindling economy,
1. Paid of $50m loan within few days of assumption and cleared the country's debt
2. Reduced Inflation from 23% to 3.21% within 20months.
3. Nigeria's GDP by Purchasing Power Parity was $941.2, it Grew by 8.56 %
3. Refused to devalue the Naira
4. curbing imports of needless goods, curtailing oil theft and using counter trade policy to barter seized illegally bunkered crude oil for needful goods like machineries, enabling it to export above its OPEC quota.
5. Under Buhari, Hoarded Goods were Sold at prices below market.

CORRUPTION:
1. Senator Sabo Bakin Zuwo, The Civilian Governor of Kano State was jailed for 300Years because $4.5 million was said to be found "stacked up" in Zuwo's home when it was searched by the new military government. He died in 1989
2. Vice President Alex Ekwueme was jailed of corruption. Stockpiles of money ranged from $56,000 found at his home
3. Fmr Bendel Governor Ambrose Alli was jailed for 100years for misappropriating funds belonging to Bendel State to the tune of N983,000. The Money was meant for road project but he donated it to his Party. He was later freed when Sir Gabriel Igbenedion paid fine to the Government.
4. A total of 4000 exGovernment officials submitted themselves to be tried for Corruption.Over 600 were Jailed Convicted and Jailed.
5. Many High profile Government officials, Businessmen, foreigners were jailed for one corrupt practice or the other.
6. Political office Holders, Businessmen, Contractors, civil servants and many others shunned corruption like a Plague

INSURGENCY
1. Maitatsine Group founded by Maitatsine Marwa, a Koranic scholar, rejected the hadith and the sunnah and regarded the reading of any other book but the Koran as paganism raised its head in 1979 during the Administration of President Shehu Shagari after he was contained by the Murtala and Obasanjo Administrations. Maitatsine spoke against the use of radios, watches, bicycles, cars and the possession of more money than necessary. Churches, Market, Police Formations, Government buildings etc was attacked leaving over FIVE thousand dead btw 1979 and 1981 (including Maitatsine).The Group moved to Kano, Borno, Kaduna, Gombe and environs. Over 4,000 people died(65% were insurgents). Buhari Crushed the Insurgency COMPLETELY within 16months. The 2i/c fled to Cameroon and was arrested in 2004.

OTHER SECURITY
1. There was high rate of armed robbery during Shagari's regime. Buhari stepped it, brought an end to armed robbery.
2. Introduced NURTW to checkmate "One Chance" and subsequently brought law and order.
3. Drug traffikers were executed.

PETROLEUM INFRASTRUCTURE
1. As NNPC Chairman, He was the man that Initiated and signed the construction contract of the existing Warri and Kaduna refineries. Two of the ONLY 3 Refineries In Nigeria. As at that time, Nigeria had just 1 Refinery-Portharcourt Refinery, established in 1965.

THE PRESS
He Instituted decree 2 and Decree 4 that was aimed at gaging the Press and Banned street protests. This is his only low but he was honest in his actions.

N/B: I deliberately refused to including Road Projects and others so as not to make it too bulky and boring.

4 Likes

Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 18, 2014
^^^^^^^

He will tell you those achievements are lies.

2 Likes

Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 18, 2014
The only reason yorubas want Buhari is because they feel threatened by an Ibo dominated government and an emerging Niger Delta.

It has nothing to do with fighting corruption because Buhari is no saint and also because if you guys wanted to fight corruption you will identify that crook Tinubu as the personification of Corruption and you will fight him first.

Charity begins at home.
Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by emmalexabl(m): 10:15am On Oct 18, 2014
Please vote for BUHARI come 2015!!

He (buhari) lost in 2011 and here we are still battling with the monster he created...BOKOHARAM !!
All in the name of making the country UNGOVERNABLE for GEJ.

Am only afraid of the terror he (Buhari), wud be unleashing on innocent Nigerians come 2015.

He might be bringing ISIS to 9ja if he lose this election ooooooo !!
Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 18, 2014
[quote author=barcanista post=27243223][/quote]Awesome. 21 Gun salute
With GMB our Arm forces will have better funding and weaponry

2 Likes 1 Share

ilugunboy:
^^^^^^^

He will tell you those achievements are lies.

stop shilling.

Buhari's govenrment was the worst!
Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by BrosPeter: 10:24am On Oct 18, 2014
Explicit01:
Please I need a reason why I should vote for buhari based on his achievements and his performance when he was the head of state. Please don't give me a reason based on GEJ's performance, I need to know what makes buhari an outstanding candidate. THANKS

Couldn't think of any reason in 2011 and still can't think of a reason to vote a known jihadist.
Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 18, 2014
omenka:
Have you shared this in the romance an sexuality sections yet?? If you haven't then you are not really good at spamming. We don read am here do. Go share it elsewhere so others can read and be informed.

Irritating piece of shiit.

shatap!

You ape p1ss sh1t shiller calling another poster a spammer is the height of hypocrisy
Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by Safari29: 10:38am On Oct 18, 2014
change, cluelessness, insecurity, discipline curruptions dem flenti
Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 18, 2014
Safari29:
change, cluelessness, insecurity, discipline curruptions dem flenti

NAH LIE!

This is the reason you lazy jealous osogbo touts want Buhari

RevDesmondJuju:
The only reason yorubas want Buhari is because they feel threatened by an Ibo dominated government and an emerging Niger Delta.
It has nothing to do with fighting corruption because Buhari is no saint and also because if you guys wanted to fight corruption you will identify that crook Tinubu as the personification of Corruption and you will fight him first.
Charity begins at home.
Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 18, 2014
Re: Give Me A Reason Why I Should Vote For Buhari. by Safari29: 12:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
RevDesmondJuju:

NAH LIE!

This is the reason you lazy jealous osogbo touts want Buhari

ok

(1) (Reply)

A Nairaland User "Musiwa"was Mentioned In A Wikipedia Article About Yemoja / This Pothole Is Africa / Why Ndigbo Has Greater Advantage In Apc,and Tinubu Love For Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.