Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:22 AM

Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" (1597 Views)

El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) / Buhari is perpetually Unelectable -El Rufai / El Rufai Says Buhari Is Perpetually Unelectable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 18, 2014
Why Buhari remains "perpetually unelectable" .

This essay is not a political noise making to defame the candidiacy of Buhari nor is it a sentimental judgement of a Pen pusher, rather it is an objective analyses of a concerned Nigerian.

I must beging at once by noting that if truly APC want to achieve their only objective to which all other objective is almost non existent, which is to capture the Presidency "by fire by force" , they must reconsider their stand about Buhari with the following reasons.

First, Buhari is not a national figure but rather a northern figure.
Saved in the context of Nigerian politics, the greatest undoing of a politician is to be perceived as a mouthpiece, an advocate or the sparehead of the sentiments of a particular region or religion.

Without doubt, Buhari is presently the most popular politician in the north.
He achieved that feat by playing on Northerners emotion and championing their religion sentiments.
He dedicated himself to the cause of the Northern aristocracy and the "full practice of Sharia laws in Nigeria" as he was quoted in 2001.
Like a bushfire, his popularity in the north steadily rise. But fortunately or unfortunately, he fell into the philosophical situation of Achillism. A situation where one's glory is yet one's doom.
The more he became popular in the north, the less he become in the South. The more appealing he appear to muslims the less he appear to christians.
It. Is apparent that he did not take cognisant of Southern fear of northern aristocrats dominating them, and the fear of islamising Nigeria by the everly suspicious christian populace.
He kept on making "unpolitical" statements, and committing various blunders somewhat deluded into believing that northern muslims alone can enthrone him.
He was quoted in 2011 as saying "muslims ought to by conscience vote for muslim".
Worst yet, he was recently quoted as saying on CNN "if what happened in 2011 happen in 2015, by the grace of Allah, the dog and the baboon will all be soaked in blood".
All this does not only depict his sectarian sentiments, but also shows his desperation to rule Nigerian at whatever cost.
While his desperation will alienate him from people like myself and others who know what Civilwar entails, his sectarian politics will alienate him from the Southern masses as well as northern christians.
As it will remain a joke that Dokubo Asari can rule Nigeria, so it will for Buhari, because they both have a similar sectarian personality.

I have also watched in disbelief how my fellow Nigerians have fall into illusion about the man "Buhari".
They simply cannot differentiate a tyrant from a disciplinarian.
Andy they simply can not see his self acclaimed righteousness as a mere political stunt to emotionally affect the masses just like Jonathan did with his "I have no shoe " campaign in 2011.

His decree 2 gave him and Idiagbon power to detain anybody as long as he wished. His decree 4 abolished press freedom even if you are publicating the naked truth. And many other repressive decrees, as well as his WAI, an avenue used to impose military way of life on "bloody civilians" as he often called the masses. Now, can we call all that "discipline" ?
Was he not part of the notoriously corrupt Abacha government ?
Or have you not stood to wonder with all his "i never steal kobo" cheap talks, his campaign is yet financed largely with the shady wealths of Bola Tinubu a notorious Lagos god father ?
To borrow a sentence from the recent article of Elites of changes, "be not deceived fellow country men" !

Lastly, there is no doubt that any intellect in Nigeria who is willing to vote for Buhari is actually doing that out of no option, because he neither have the vision nor the brainstorming technicalities to tackle the 21st century challenges of a country. He does not know more than "I never steal kobo", which there is every tendency might become a looting government, just like Jonathan does know more than "i dont have a shoe" in 2011, but now wearing over size shoes and even trampling the masses beneath those shoes.
Buhari also demonstrated his lack of vision and definite policy map during his candidiacy declaration when over 60% of what he said was about "rescuing power from PDP". For what purpose ? He failed to mention, except the usual "I will create job, I will build road" that any fool can come out to say.

Indeed, it is important that I lay down Pen on this topic by saying, I doubt if there is anybody in Nigeria who wishes to see Jonathan Out of Asorock as much as I do. But the simple fact is Buhari cannot defeat Jonathan. No, not with his current sectarian personality.
On that note, I will look forward to seeing APC fielding libral politicians with a national outlook like : Kwankwaso and Okorocha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by ola6: 11:35am On Oct 18, 2014
We all know this. Its only the paid e-touts that will deny this truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 18, 2014
The APC sh1t slinging chimps will soon ravage this thread with their ape cacaphony

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 18, 2014
Kwankwaso/okorocha? grin grin. It's so funny when your enemy offers you bottled water when he knows you have a well in your backyard. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 18, 2014
TribalEAST:
Kwankwaso/okorocha? grin grin. It's so funny when your enemy offers you bottled water when he knows you have a well in your backyard. grin

can u pls explain further
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by ddddon(m): 12:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
following
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by Orunto: 1:10pm On Oct 18, 2014
Every assessment you made about GMB is correct. Welldone! Buhari is a Dictator. He has never been trained in Democracy. He can be trained and when we do so, the world will respect us more. I suggest we organise a GEJ/GMB TICKET. If GMB serves just for 4 years as VP to GEJ, by 2019, he will be more matured like a good wine, better educated and more democratic. He should withdraw his money now and lie low in Training under PDP till 2019 when he may be allowed to succeed GEJ.
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by MisterLongman(m): 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2014
GMB might not be the best but as far am I'm concerned he is better by far than the rest ( presidential aspirants)...
One thing I can't agree with is the mention of kwankwaso or okorocha candidacy...... Bad market
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 18, 2014
MisterLongman:
GMB might not be the best but as far am I'm concerned he is better by far than the rest ( presidential aspirants)...
One thing I can't agree with is the mention of kwankwaso or okorocha candidacy...... Bad market

aiiit so wats ur plan ??
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by MisterLongman(m): 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2014
abiodunalasa:

aiiit so wats ur plan ??
What plan are you talking about..... I fully support GMB.... Kwankwaso, atiku and co don't stand a chance against GEJ..... Politics is a game of numbers
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by MisterLongman(m): 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2014
Orunto:
Every assessment you made about GMB is correct. Welldone! Buhari is a Dictator. He has never been trained in Democracy. He can be trained and when we do so, the world will respect us more. I suggest we organise a GEJ/GMB TICKET. If GMB serves just for 4 years as VP to GEJ, by 2019, he will be more matured like a good wine, better educated and more democratic. He should withdraw his money now and lie low in Training under PDP till 2019 when he may be allowed to succeed GEJ.
Are you joking or something.... It's not even possible in your wildest....... I can sense panic in your comment..... Barcanista con see wetin my eye dey see ooo
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
The same propaganda recycling itself. For posterity sake... I will leave this quote from a thread
barcanista:
2. 2015 ‘ILL BE BLOODY…- Buhari( Literally interpreted by the media IF JONATHAN WINS)
WHAT DID HE ACTUALLY SAY?
“God willing, by 2015, something will happen. They either conduct a free and fair election or they go a very disgraceful way.

WHAT DID HE MEAN:
DO NOT RIG ELECTION. If you do, you will be booted out disgracefully either through
1. Popular protest (IBB 1993)/2012 Subsidy Protest
2. the Court/Tribunal or
3. International backed kicking( Like what happened to Laurent Gbagbo of Cote d'Voire in 2011 whch Nigeria under Jonathan backed the kicked-out of the incumbent that rigged himself).
FACT:
Election rigging is worse than terrorism and treason.
DID HE MEAN WELL?
Emphatic Yes if we are sincere.

3. DOGS AND BABOON WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD{"za a yi kare jini biri jinni"}

WHAT DID HE SAY:
"za a yi kare jini biri jinni" is an Hausa Idiom,
what GMB said was “If what happened in 2011 (alleged rigging) should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God,"za a yi kare jini biri jinni"

WHAT WAS REPORTED?
Buhari Promised Bloodshed IF he lose.
WHAT DID HE ACTUALLY MEAN
In Hausa, when you tell your contender that za a yi kare jini biri jinni, it simply means the battle will be fierce. In the case of Buhari, he was promising his supporters from Niger State that 2015 elections will be fierce politically; or put in another way, the PDP wIll not have it easy. Simple. That shouldn't be interpreted literally.
Eg.
Obj said in 2007 that "The PDP will capture Lagos. The election will be a do-or-die affair"... What he actually mean is similar to what Buhari said, "The election will be fierce and won't be an easy ride for AC in Lagos"

Other examples: "The Chicken has come home to roost"... "It is raining cat and dog"... "Jesus is the Lamb that was slain" It doesn't mean Jesus is an animal that was killed.
See more here https://www.nairaland.com/1908873/infamous-statements-attributed-falsely-general
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2014
MisterLongman:

Are you joking or something.... It's not even possible in your wildest....... I can sense panic in your comment..... Barcanista con see wetin my eye dey see ooo
pdp and her agents have been running helter skelter since gmb declared officially.
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by MisterLongman(m): 6:27pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:
pdp and her agents have been running helter skelter since gmb declared officially.
To say that I'm surprised at his reasoning is an understatement
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:
The same propaganda recycling itself. For posterity sake... I will leave this quote from a thread

See more here https://www.nairaland.com/1908873/infamous-statements-attributed-falsely-general

Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by jamace(m): 6:53pm On Oct 18, 2014
Has Buhari like minds in the judiciary and legislature or he is coming for a one man show? Just asking because he claimed that he single handedly borrowed money to buy his nomination form which was beyond his financial capability. Is he coming to single handedly change Nigeria? Maybe he could do it the Chairman Mau style in China.
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
abiodunalasa:

take hrt
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by Manazz(m): 7:40pm On Oct 18, 2014
Do these people really have nothing better to do than to keep making countless articles every time Buhari decides to contest for the Presidency
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by Descartes: 7:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
Manazz:
Do these people really have nothing better to do than to keep making countless articles every time Buhari decides to contest for the Presidency

I don't really see anyone making threads about Atiku, and i bet you wont see any about Kwankwaso (maybe a little) but anytime Buhari is mentioned then you'll start to see all the articles, threads on forums blabbing about how he is a bigot/unelectable/ or whatever. And its really no secret that its all meant to keep gullible people from Voting Buhari because they must know all their crap wont stop him getting votes from reasonable people.
It is called propaganda !!!
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
Manazz:

I don't really see anyone making threads about Atiku, and i bet you wont see any about Kwankwaso (maybe a little) but anytime Buhari is mentioned then you'll start to see all the articles, threads on forums blabbing about how he is a bigot/unelectable/ or whatever. And its really no secret that its all meant to keep gullible people from Voting Buhari because they must know all their crap wont stop him getting votes from reasonable people.

eyah, this sum up ur experience in Nigerian politics
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:
take hrt

no, am just pitying you sir .... Cos u are not even aware of your own ignorance cry
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by nigerianvenom(m): 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
Buhari the coup plotter.
Re: Why Buhari Remains "Perpetually Unelectable" by size38: 10:11pm On Oct 18, 2014
Buhari is electable and we will elect him to power come 2015. This is because GEJ and PDP f**k up and their perpetual failure in power since 1999 till date has made him more electable than the incumbent GEJ and the PDP.

(1) (Reply)

We Are Going To Reject The Results Of This E-voting Between GEJ And Buhari / Can PDP Force Speaker Aminu Tambuwal To Resign? -Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / Sambo, Ihedioha, Others In Closed-door Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.