Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) (5939 Views)

Buhari Asked El-Rufai To Write Leaked Memo At Daura Meeting - Omojuwa, Authority / El-Rufai To Demolish 40 Churches, 3500 Houses, 16 Schools / "Buhari You Are Expired And Perpetually Unelectable" - El Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by Nobody: 1:20am On Mar 19, 2015
[size=15pt]ELRUFAI'S 2010 ADVICE TO BUHARI "YOU ARE EXPIRED, GO AND RETIRE"[/size]

Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has asked former military rulers, Generals Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB) and Muhammadu Buhari, to quit the 2011 presidential race.

Speaking with Daily Sun in Abuja at the Leadership independence conference organized by the Leadership Newspaper on Nigeria at 50, El-Rufai canvassed the enthronement of a new generation of leaders.

“I have great respect for President Babangida. I think he has done a lot for Nigeria. You won’t take that from him. He has made his mistakes like every human being, but people like President Babangida and General Buhari should just disappear. They should give way to a new set of people with new ideas. Young people preferably,” El-Rufai said.

El-Rufai said the whole world is now being ruled by young people and wondered why old blood should continue to rule Nigeria. “Obama is 48 and Cameron is 43 for God’s sake. So, why are we recycling leaders that ruled this country very well or very badly 25 years ago?,” he queried.

El-Rufai said: “I was 25 years old when Buhari and Babangida were Heads of State and I am now 50 and they still want to be Head of State. I don’t understand that. I don’t understand that at all and I call on the young people of Nigeria to take their future into their hands and ensure that in the next election, they vote for a new generation of leaders.

“I think that we will not make progress until we break the link from the past and just move on. 70 per cent of Nigerians are below the age of 40. Many of these young people, the next generation, as they are called, are on internet services such as Facebook and twitter, using Blackberry and if you ask any of these people running for presidency, they will think that Blackberry is a fruit. So, we have to move away from there and stop thinking that this leadership thing is all about us or all about individuals.

We must put the future of the country at heart and give way to a new generation of leadership.”
While declaring that the nation had something to celebrate for remaining united as one country despite fighting a civil war, El-Rufai, however, said there was a lot to reflect about. “As we look towards the next 50 years, I think the principal issue in Nigeria has been the failure of leadership. We have not made the progress that our human and natural resources entitled us to make and it is all because we have failed leaders,” he noted.

On the forthcoming elections, El-Rufai said the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) would ensure credible elections in 2011. “I have personal confidence in Prof. Attahiru Jega. He is a man of great integrity. He is an honest man, who could not be bought at any price and for that reason, we are all hopeful that he will ensure free and fair elections,” he said.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/elrufai-s-2010-advice-to-buhari-you-are-expired-go-and-retire

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by Nobody: 1:21am On Mar 19, 2015
Oct 4, 2010
[size=15pt]El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Perpetually Unelectable[/size]
The attention of Mallam Nasir El-Rufai has been drawn to statements from Generals Muhammadu Buhari and Ibrahim Babangida purporting to be responses to the advice he gave both men to retire.

Since Babangida libelled whole generations of Nigerian youth as being unfit for leadership, age has become an issue in the coming elections. While it is true that neither youth nor age supplies wisdom on their own, it makes sense to ask those who have been recurring decimals in our country’s sorry history to leave the stage. That is all El-Rufai asked of these men who seem to think that their failure to do their best for Nigeria when they had the chance qualifies them for a return to office. Our people surely deserve better.

El-Rufai is amazed that General Buhari cannot debate this matter without scurrying to the gutter, making claims that are baseless and unsupported by any facts. Mallam El-Rufai’s tenure as FCT minister was a period of stellar performance in remaking our federal capital. Despite the difficult decisions that had to be taken to restore Abuja, Mallam El-Rufai continues to receive deserved praise and recognition for his achievements in restoring the Abuja master plan, introducing Nigeria’s first computerised land registry and helping thousands of Nigerians achieve their dreams of home ownership in the federal capital. Buhari is perhaps one of a tiny few blinded by their prejudice from recognising the quality of El Rufai’s service.

That same prejudice accounts for the baseless claims of corruption Buhari levels against El Rufai. The fact is that Mallam El-Rufai served Nigeria with integrity and has never been convicted of any corrupt act. He is boldly contesting the false charges which the Yar’Adua government filed against him in court. It is strange that a Buhari who protests when unproven claims of N2.5 billion (about US $3billion in those days!) missing oil funds are levelled against him can gleefully elevate similar claims into facts when it concerns another. How would Buhari feel if the corruption allegations made against him by Group Captain Usman Jibrin, then a board member of PTF, are today reported as if they were proven facts? So much for “corrupt background” and “shoddy performance”.

Mallam El-Rufai wishes to remind General Buhari that he has remained perpetually unelectable because his record as military head of state, and afterwards, is a warning that many Nigerians have wisely heeded. His insensitivity to Nigeria’s diversity and his parochial focus are already well-known. In 1984, Buhari allowed 53 suitcases belonging to his ADC’s father to enter Nigeria unchecked at a time the country was exchanging old currency for new. Against all canons of legal decency, he used retroactive laws to execute three young men for drug-peddling after they were convicted by a military tribunal and not regular courts of law. Buhari was so high handed that he gave himself and his officials immunity even from truthful reporting. That obnoxious Decree 4, against which truth was no defence, was used to jail journalists and attempt to cow the media as a whole. That tyrannical legislation shows the essence of his intolerance. These are facts of recent history.

The story of counter-trade and import licensing, the cornerstone of Buhari’s stone-age economic strategy and those whose interests it served, is a tale for another day.

Mallam El-Rufai respects both Generals Buhari and Babangida as elder statesmen. He believes their age, experience and guidance may contribute to the success of any future government. El-Rufai however believes that it is time for a new generation of leaders with new thinking and wholesome democratic attitude to move our nation forward. The vicious response by the Buhari camp to a simple statement that their almost-70 principal should retire is proof enough that a Buhari, the new Democrat, tolerant of views different from his own, is yet to evolve. And that is sad, for his fledgling party and its leadership. Buhari and his cohorts may wish to reflect that it will take more than attacks on personalities to become electable. Having seen his version of discipline, Nigerians are not likely to cherish an encore. But they will welcome an engagement with the issues and problems of everyday life that have hobbled the peoples of this land.

Muyiwa Adekeye

http://saharareporters.com/2010/10/04/el-rufai-buhari-should-stick-facts

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by jerryunit48: 1:23am On Mar 19, 2015
Can you imagine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by jerryunit48: 1:24am On Mar 19, 2015
Jesus am the first to comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by Nobody: 1:31am On Mar 19, 2015
My advice to APC is that they should cease from using FFK's or any ex-APC Chieftains words as basis to legitimise their failure bound political hopes. We all have records of their own pasts and their words against each other when they were yet strange bed-fellows.

We know what Yerima, ANPP and others said of Buhari. Digging up those does not amount to issues but APC should face issues and stop blackmails.

Everybody is guaranteed under the constitution the inalienable right to association and speech. APC should grow up and face Issues

Sai Goodluck >>>2019

btw: Quoting barcanista from now till May 29, 2015 will not change the opinion of El Rufai on Buhari before their new found romance.

1 Like

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by garrix8: 1:35am On Mar 19, 2015

4 Likes

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by vicadex07(m): 1:37am On Mar 19, 2015
grin
Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by Nobody: 1:38am On Mar 19, 2015

3 Likes

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by omenka(m): 1:38am On Mar 19, 2015

The death certificate of the PDP will be issued
February 15 or February 16 2015, while the
Official Celebration will hold May 29, 2015, led
by the Incoming President Muhammadu Buhari
and supervised by the incoming ruling Party APC
- Barcanista (December 2014)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by Nobody: 1:42am On Mar 19, 2015
Two Events to Happen this 2015.General Buhari Will Be Inaugurated In May and FC
Barcelona will be crowned European Champion in June.

Barcanista
January 2015

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by Nobody: 1:42am On Mar 19, 2015
sir, even you become 70 and that same set of government of while you were 25 are the ones to tackle insecurity and corruption in this nation....we will still vote him in.
We once hoped on your points by electing a young and so called educated one and he is a total flop!! we are going back!!

1 Like

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by omenka(m): 1:43am On Mar 19, 2015

If you will open your heart and mind, you will
realise that there are countless number of
Aspirants that are not just better than the
President Jonathan but are light years above him when it comes to effective administration
- Barcanista (November 2014)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by omenka(m): 1:49am On Mar 19, 2015

Bros, I am very passionate about the need for
Change which the amiable General represent. It
is not about Buhari, it is about a man with the
character, passion, and personality of what we
all seek at this point of our nationwood. It is
about bringing the incorruptible and highly
disciplined Muhammadu Buhari to clean the rot
in the economy and restore our security. He was
there for 20 months, he did it. In four years
beginning from 2015, he will do it again. This
man is not corrupt and has never represented
the corrupt elite. Sai Buhari 2015

Btw: #Proudly Ijaw
- Barcansta (Novenber 2014)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by garrix8: 1:51am On Mar 19, 2015
barcanista:
2015 Presidential Election Result: Buhari is Declared Winner, Jonathan, Mark, others mourn..

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Fp_4Uu2rop4/U2dwW_viJoI/AAAAAAAAxjU/PWaaOymCoo4/s1600/Dame+Patience+Jonathan+weep_tonynwajeipost.jpg[/img]

~Barcanista 2014

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by omenka(m): 1:54am On Mar 19, 2015

He is the man of the people. Honest Generals
love him, even the corrupt IBB and Brutal
Abacha respects him.

Integrity is value.

To All those TANs, Jonathanians, PDP apologists
(Ngwakwe mogidi phockphockman brownlord
descartes etc) Obasanjo have this to say to you
"All what PDP is saying of Buhari being
fundamentalist is mere hot lies. They just
fear let‘s go to jail “

To All those that believes in GMB, the
Progressives (Omenka egift obiagelli berem
rawani mynd44 etc) and the Patriots, Jonathan
have this to say to you...

“Gen. Muhammadu Buhari was a true
patriot, respected former head of state &
elder statesman & a nationalist.“
- Barcanista (October 2014)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 19, 2015
OBASANJO’S LETTER: Femi Fani
Kayode Blasts President Jonathan, READ What He Said

www.naij.com/54132.html

Outspoken former Aviation Minister, Femi
Falana-Kayode is in the news again this
time it’s about his response to former
President Obasanjo’s open letter to
President Jonathan.

In the open letter the Angry Ex-president,
Olusegun Obasanjo accused the President
Jonathan of taking actions calculated at
destroying Nigeria.

Read what Femi Fani Kayode had to say about
the letter below
“OBJ has finally closed GEJ’s chapter
with his letter. Jonathan is finished-
mark my words. Abati should shut up
and let his boss speak for himself on this
one.

The Ebora Owu has spoken and the
issues that he has raised are too serious
to be ignored or to be responded to with
amatuerish and cheeky insults and slurs
from a mere staff of the Presidency.

The President should find the courage to
personally answer the charges and
address the message rather than get his
aides to attack the messenger. As Baba
said, Jonathan is “bleeding Nigeria to
death”. It is time for change.
God used Obasanjo to put Jonathan in
power and, by His grace, He will use that
same Obasanjo to remove him.”

2 Likes

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 19, 2015
"Femi Fani Kayode is my boy. Provide him food, he will eat and then sing for you. He’s a smart boy"
– General Olusegun Obasanjo (rtd)"

"Barcanista is a kid. Provide him food, he will eat and then sing for you. He is a smart boy"

-Neyoor 2015.

Barcanista is apparently synonymous to FFK.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 19, 2015
"Femi Fani Kayode is my boy. Provide him food, he will eat and then sing for you. He’s a smart boy"
– General Olusegun Obasanjo (rtd)"

Barcanista is a kid. Provide him food, he will eat and then sing for you. He is a smart boy
-Neyoor 2015

2 Likes

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by omenka(m): 2:02am On Mar 19, 2015

Jonathan is clueless and a fraudster. The people
behind this are Tony Aninih aka Mr Fix it, Amadu
Ali and co. If you look the history of these men
especially Aninih you go fear fear. APC dem
supposed to have seen through the scheme
- Barcanista (February 2015!!)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by omenka(m): 2:08am On Mar 19, 2015
This would be the first and indeed last time I'd post on your thread since you became a "transformer" for reasons best known to both of us.

Moral of my posts- Those who live in glass house don't throw stones.

Don't bother responding to this and don't even bother mailing me because I won't get the mail. The e-mail account has been deactivated.

Goodnight and have a lovely time on your thread.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by garrix8: 3:01am On Mar 19, 2015
barcanista:
Jonathan is only deceiving himself. While I applaud the ending of Boko Haram insurgency, I have to acknowlege the insincerity of this government.
Sep 2010- Boko Haram struck.... Jonathan did nothing.
2011_ BH keep striking, Jonathan did nothing
2012- BH continued, Jonathan did nothing. He even said he can't use military against them because they are his siblings.
2013- BH keep striking and killing, JEG remembered to declare State of Emergency. Even at that, BH keep gaining ground.
2014- BH keeeeeeeeeeep killing. A total of 25,000 Nigerians were killed in all these unwanton and barbaric attacks.
2015- As election approaches GEJ remembers to do what he was expected to do since 2010.

I welcome their deceptive rescue move, I appreciate this effort but We shall kick them out come March 28. Sai Buhari!

Barcanista, February 2015

1 Like

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by garrix8: 3:05am On Mar 19, 2015
barcanista:
Thank you OP. Some people seriously wish to re-write history but they will always be shamed. The integrity of Gen Muhammadu Buhari can never be questioned. That's a fact!

barcanista:
The Summary of the matter is that Nigerians are tired of Jonathan. We can't wait to see him humiliated at the polls and kicked out of Aso Rock.
Give
Me
Buhari

barcanista:
This is bad. Fellow Nigerians we should not be deterred. Our PVC is our power, together we shall return Muhammadu Buhari to power.

barcanista:
Bro, there is no way GEJ can remain in power beyond May 29. If he tries anything unconstitutional, we will bring him down

barcanista:
The truth is that Ijaw Best 11 are yet to occupy positions in government. The PDP always bring mediocres forward and shout "Ijaw".
Check out the list...
Alamesiegha was a flop though still did a little.
Jonathan was the worst CEO in Bayelsa
Timpre Sylva was a mediocre governor, and was even stoned.
Dickson is a confused man!
It's no different in Rivers and Delta States. Imagine, Asari and Tompolo are the ones speaking for the riverine people when we have credible and visionary men and women.

Barcanista 2015... Pre-Protection era.

4 Likes

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by centmichael101(m): 4:07am On Mar 19, 2015
Change oo change change buhari
Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by Mynd44: 5:25am On Mar 19, 2015
Lmao....

Barcanista, this is quite interesting.

your friends have sufficiently proven that El Rufai can as well change his mind like you have done. Plus I will tell you as I have done countless times, This election is not about Buhari or the APC. it is a lot of Nigerians expressing their frustrations against a government that has institutionalized corruption, divided them along ethnic lines, totally inefficient in protecting them, saw the crash of the Nigerian economy and showing off how much they really don't care.

I have said once that elections are not won by the opposition but lost by the incumbent.

None of you have actually talked about how GEJ intends to win the North espeecially the North West.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 19, 2015
Mynd44:
Lmao....

Barcanista, this is quite interesting.

your friends have sufficiently proven that El Rufai can as well change his mind like you have done.
Well, the fact is El Rufai wasn't disposed to GMB before now and said lots of things more than 4years ago. Like everyone else, he has had a change of mind (which I believe should be respected). The APC should act civil and extend such to non APC Chieftains.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by Mynd44: 7:02am On Mar 19, 2015
barcanista:
Well, the fact is El Rufai wasn't disposed to GMB before now and said lots of things more than 4years ago. Like everyone else, he has had a change of mind (which I believe should be respected). The APC should act civil and extend such to non APC Chieftains.
If xyz insults me and I look away does that give abc the right to do the same?

What El Rufai said was careless and it should be reproached and not used to to defend the madness that Fayose and FFK has been going around saying.

These people are actually causing more chances of insecurity if we consider that Fayose actually brought dead former leaders into the mix.

But typical of Nigerians we don't condemn it but try to defend it by saying "xyz has done it once so it is allowed".

you peoplr are so smart

2 Likes

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by PapiWata: 7:11am On Mar 19, 2015
Mynd44:
Lmao....

None of you have actually talked about how GEJ intends to win the North espeecially the North West.

The Republic of Sharialand is actually of ZERO interest to the rest of of the civilized world, since that Caliphate is ASSUMED to be the future domain over which terror gang leader Boko Buhari will preside for the rest of his pointless life.

1 Like

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 19, 2015
Mynd44:

If xyz insults me and I look away does that give abc the right to do the same?

What El Rufai said was careless and it should be reproached and not used to to defend the madness that Fayose and FFK has been going around saying.

These people are actually causing more chances of insecurity if we consider that Fayose actually brought dead former leaders into the mix.

But typical of Nigerians we don't condemn it but try to defend it by saying "xyz has done it once so it is allowed".

you peoplr are so smart
My position is simple, that FFK decamped to GEJ camp is no justification for APC to use his words to campaign, when people like El rufai and other APC Chieftains had said things against Buhari. If we are to use words of exAssociates as justification for our campaign, trust me APC will be worst hit. El Rufai position wasn't careless! I don't want to go deep into merit of his release though. We have seen how APC Chieftains notably Fayemi praised Fayose in the past. Should we start to use it as a campaign line? Have you forgot how Fayemi sang to high heaven the praises of Fayose in 2009? What about what Amaechi said of APC? should we start digging them?

1 Like

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by Alphaoscar: 7:14am On Mar 19, 2015
barcanista:
[size=15pt]ELRUFAI'S 2010 ADVICE TO BUHARI "YOU ARE EXPIRED, GO AND RETIRE"[/size]

You have said the worst against GEJ that you are now running after now.

Going this route will only expose you to further ridicule. Like I said with when I comment on your issue the day you notify NL of your decision to jump the ship that you are entitled and free to support whoever you wish afterall nobody is paying you to support GMB on this forum but your afterward conducts left a very sour taste on some of us because I personally was expecting you to go about your thing with much more maturity.

You don't expect to continue enjoying great respect of your former comrades when you not only abandon them when they least expected but you immediately turn yourself to an enemy by opening an offensive thread against what some of them have known you to be a champion of.

I am still ashamed of Gbawe , you yourself and some people's other pro-APC's guys conduct on that particular day but you also went all the way to justify their accusations against the fact that you betrayed them. The accusations might be wrong or right but atleast it can still be said that the pro-APC guys have not threatened your live to the point of you wanting to abandon NL again and they have not splashed your personal detailed on the forum like your current Friends to you then.

I still restate the fact that you are free to support whoever you feel without anybody attacking your personality and I hope you also don't take some of the comments personally cos that is what NL politics is all about.

2 Likes

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 19, 2015
Alphaoscar:

You have said the worst against GEJ that you are now running after now.
My guy, my position is that APC and their followers should respect people's incumbent political position and not attempt to use their words as a blackmail tool. read my backup comment
barcanista:
My advice to APC is that they should cease from using FFK's or any ex-APC Chieftains words as basis to legitimise their failure bound political hopes. We all have records of their own pasts and their words against each other when they were yet strange bed-fellows.
We know what Yerima, ANPP and others said of Buhari. Digging up those does not amount to issues but APC should face issues and stop blackmails.
Everybody is guaranteed under the constitution the inalienable right to association and speech. APC should grow up and face Issues
Sai Goodluck >>>2019
btw: Quoting barcanista from now till May 29, 2015 will not change the opinion of El Rufai on Buhari before their new found romance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai To Buhari: You Are Old, Expired And Perpetually Unelectable(2010) by dridowu: 7:18am On Mar 19, 2015
The only thing i see here is "Chameleon" meaning the same way El-Rufai change is also the same way people on Nairaland change .
Anyway No Time For Story

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] / See What I Saw On Facebook,nigerians Are Not Smiling, / BREAKING: APC Changes It's NEXT LEVEL Logo (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.