Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? (7742 Views)

Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States / Anambra Fingered As Having The Most Backward And Primitive Community In The SE / The Most Backward State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Solowande(m): 8:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
i have been to many states in nigeria. states like ondo, osun, ekiti even kwara are backward. but d state i go carry hand give 4 backward na ebonyi, d way d governor old na so things 4 dere old. kogi dey learn
Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:37pm On Oct 18, 2014
valmunich:
Abia sad

Abia is not backward at all. its just under a bad leader

4 Likes

Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Exjoker(m): 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
Another e-battle thread...I just siddon de look
Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
[size=18pt]Is Lagos a yorubaland, do you think am ignorant of what am saying, am from Osun so dont bandy Lagos development here because everybody knows how it was developed, lets talk about our core Yoruba states[/size] undecided undecided undecided

Mention:

@Bolded... Sorry, have you been to Lagos before?? Island precisely?
Come and see High rise buildings littered everywhere and you are here calling 3,4,5,6 storeys

1 Like

Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
check my state here, am from Ede in Osun State
https://www.nairaland.com/1855876/pictures-oyo-osun-state

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Explicit01: 8:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
Most people don't understand what backwardness is. Abia isn't a backward state, it just has dilapidated infrastructures which can be fixed, backward states in nigeria are the likes of ebonyi, kogi, ekiti, kebbi, jigawa, taraba etc

3 Likes

Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by timawoku(m): 8:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
Borno state tops my chart! Followed by gombe and jigawa
Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Mention(m): 9:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
BuddahMonk:
[size=18pt]Is Lagos a yorubaland, do you think am ignorant of what am saying, am from Osun so dont bandy Lagos development here because everybody knows how it was developed, lets talk about our core Yoruba states[/size] undecided undecided undecided

I guess Lagos z an hausa land since it ain't a yoruba land

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by duni04(m): 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
BuddahMonk:

you're a very sick person.

2 Likes

Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Amacaco: 9:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
As I read the various comments, I wonder the basis of such comparisons. States that were created in 1967, 1976, 1987, are used to compare with states that were created in 1991 and 1996 with little or no take-off grants. Even South East states that have been neglected since after the war by the Federal Government are being compared to those states that have been benefiting from Federal presence and patronage. If we look at developments in the South East, most of the infrastructure were provided by the people themselves through community development and self-help efforts. That is why most rural communities in Igboland are well developed as they have all the basic amenities which are not seen in many states. More than 95% of all the communities in Ebonyi State have electricity and therefore should not be in the list.

1 Like

Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by ebankole1(m): 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
Mention:

I guess Lagos z an hausa land since it ain't a yoruba land

Heheh
Nah Igbos don't mind his Akpu bombom ke

2 Likes

Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by ebankole1(m): 9:27pm On Oct 18, 2014
grin

Abia
And

Eboyin

And

kogi

kissAbia
And

Eboyin

And

kogi
Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by ebankole1(m): 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2014
tongue

dorrrrhhhh

Someone is hurt
Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by remsonik(f): 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2014
Ebonyi. Abia would ve been a very lovely state but the governor is so wicked. I can't see any developmental work being done there.
Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Kingspin(m): 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2014
TribalEAST:
the above is the characteristic of ibos- they abandon their own problems and talk about other people's. Abia state is there begging for redemption, yet this ibo man feels now is the time to ridicule osun. Well, thanks for reminding our governors what their duty should be.
Name your most backward state pls..
Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by destante(f): 9:45pm On Oct 18, 2014
valmunich:
Abia sad
have u been to some northern states to know this?

2 Likes

Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by kettykin: 9:46pm On Oct 18, 2014
BuddahMonk:
Lol am from Osun State, its only a phool that will compare us with Abia State, Aba yes is neglected but the number of brank branches in Azikiwe, Asa, and Faulks road alone outnumbered that of all bank branches in Ekiti and my state Osun combined.

The number of 3,4;5;6 storey buildings in Umungasi and Ogbor Hill Aba alone beat the ones in the entire yorubaland combined.

The annual production output of one factory in Aba will take Ekiti State 17years to accomplish Osun State 24years to do so. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

its only a phool that will be mentioning Abia and Osun State in the development index.

Am from Ede Osun State but i was born in Aba, let the truth be told

Osun state has the most developed agricultural sector , they have millions of hectares of marijuana and india hemp which NDLEA had to employ bulldozers to destroy

2 Likes

Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by GODDYGEE91(m): 9:51pm On Oct 18, 2014
BuddahMonk:
Lol....OP visit my state of Osun and her sister Ekiti State

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

AM FROM OSUN STATE, ARAGAGBASHOLA FAILED US

my broda these 2 state u r mentioning are so under developed. Even whr there call township is made up of ancient 1880 buildings with poor roads. Osun state is even worse wen it comes 2 abject poverty. But I think Ogbeni has tried.
Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by valmunich(m): 9:58pm On Oct 18, 2014
destante:
have u been to some northern states to know this?
How should I know the condition of the Northern States?
I'm talking about places I've been to

Have you been to the whole of the Northern States you
Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by GODDYGEE91(m): 9:58pm On Oct 18, 2014
BuddahMonk:
Lol am from Osun State, its only a phool that will compare us with Abia State, Aba yes is neglected but the number of brank branches in Azikiwe, Asa, and Faulks road alone outnumbered that of all bank branches in Ekiti and my state Osun combined.

The number of 3,4;5;6 storey buildings in Umungasi and Ogbor Hill Aba alone beat the ones in the entire yorubaland combined.

The annual production output of one factory in Aba will take Ekiti State 17years to accomplish Osun State 24years to do so. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

its only a phool that will be mentioning Abia and Osun State in the development index.

Am from Ede Osun State but i was born in Aba, let the truth be told

my broda u r saying the truth ooo. I av ben in osun state 4 d past 2yrs. Its so under developed even 2 see clean water is a big problem. I cuk with well, bath with it but drink pure water, poverty 2 is high ooo.

1 Like

Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by destante(f): 10:04pm On Oct 18, 2014
valmunich:

How should I know the condition of the Northern States?
I'm talking about places I've been to

Have you been to the whole of the Northern States you
then you can't know for sure which is the worst. And Yess I have been to some, although in a very long time.
Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by GODDYGEE91(m): 10:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
1.Kogi 2. Kebbi 3. Benue 4. Ekiti 5. Osun.

But As poor as Osun state is now, I can tell u dat 4 de past 2yrs I av stayed here, Osun state remains de best state wen it comes 2 consistent n steady power supply. Hmmm but poverty deh wela ooo with beggars evrywhr.

3 Likes

Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by valmunich(m): 10:08pm On Oct 18, 2014
destante:
then you can't know for sure which is the worst. And Yess I have been to some, although in a very long time.
The OP wrote ....in your opinion sad
Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Explicit01: 10:08pm On Oct 18, 2014
GODDYGEE91:
1.Kogi 2. Kebbi 3. Benue 4. Ekiti 5. Osun.

But As poor as Osun state is now, I can tell u dat 4 de past 2yrs I av stayed here, Osun state remains de best state wen it comes 2 consistent n steady power supply. Hmmm but poverty deh wela ooo with beggars evrywhr.
yeah, cos the distribution hqt of PHCN is @ osogbo.
Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by gebest: 10:13pm On Oct 18, 2014
Ondo state, because MIMIKO is a thief.
Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by chumakk: 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
Those states around lagos are backward. they are just slowing down lagos full development. think what will happen if ota is like lagos...
Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by destante(f): 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
valmunich:

The OP wrote ....in your opinion sad
ehn i was trying to make you see an alternate opinion tongue
Re: What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by size38: 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
My observation here is that; majority of the states mentioned here are PDP states. So where is the Transformation Agenda and fresh Air the PDP and their supporters always talk about?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dismiss Election Rigging Video - Abia State Government / Adebowale Yemi And His Hatchetman's Job On Bichi - Lateef Olaleye / Shendam Bridge In Plateau State Collapses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.