Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Nigeria Owes You Huge Debt Of Gratitude, Jonathan Tells Gowon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Owes You Huge Debt Of Gratitude, Jonathan Tells Gowon (946 Views)

I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari / Jonathan: Nigeria Owes Obasanjo Debt Of Gratitude / Nigeria Owes Obasanjo For His Foresight, Says Pdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Owes You Huge Debt Of Gratitude, Jonathan Tells Gowon by Ayekotoo(m): 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2014
Abuja – President Goodluck Jonathan says the.nation will remain grateful to former Head of State Gen. Yakubu Gowon for “successfully managing and guiding it through an unfortunate civil war’’.
Jonathan said this in Abuja on Saturday in a
congratulatory letter he wrote to Gowon to
celebrate his 80th birthday coming up on
Sunday.
In the letter, signed by the Special Adviser to the
President on Media and Publicity, Dr Reuben
Abati, Jonathan described the celebrant as a
worthy, steadfast and iconic feature of Nigerian
history.
The president said the country came out of the
war even stronger and more united.
“As you deservedly celebrate this noteworthy
anniversary on Oct. 19, I join your family,
friends, protégés and well-wishers in celebrating
you.
“I also thank Almighty God for the unique and
richly fulfilled life He has blessed you with in
these past 80 years.
“Over the years, you have continued to use your
exalted position to engender bridges of love and
harmony across the country.
“You have never failed to avail successive
governments of your wise counsel.
“You continue to also demonstrate your
unwavering faith and willingness to partner with
us in our quest to bequeath to our collective
posterity, a nation of which we can all be proud.
“Nigeria owes you a huge debt of gratitude,” the
president said.
While wishing Gowon a happy 80th birthday
celebrations, Jonathan also prayed that God
would continue to bless, guide and protect him.
(NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/nigeria-will-remain-grateful-gowon-jonathan-2/
Re: Nigeria Owes You Huge Debt Of Gratitude, Jonathan Tells Gowon by Ayekotoo(m): 9:45pm On Oct 18, 2014
I want to use this opportunity to also congratulate the former head of state Gen. Yakubu Gowon on his 80th birthday anniversary.
One Nigeria till the Oil dries up!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Owes You Huge Debt Of Gratitude, Jonathan Tells Gowon by PaulSteve: 9:46pm On Oct 18, 2014
And what do Nigerians owe him (GEJ)? Flogging,votes or booting?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Owes You Huge Debt Of Gratitude, Jonathan Tells Gowon by iamtheprincipal: 10:46pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sure GEJ;
We owe him for sharing our oil blocks to his cronies.
We owe him for killing the igbos in their millions during the civil war.
We owe him for the marginalization of the Igbos in the Nigerian State of today.
We owe him for ceding the land mass occupied by the Igbos of Eastern Nigeria to other geopolitical zones, causing a deficit in land mass which is the only geopolical zone with five (5) States in Nigeria.
We owe him for his undue promotion from Lieutenant. Colonel to General.
We owe him for being so daft at the 1967 Aburi accord.
We do owe him alot me...
RUBBISH!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Owes You Huge Debt Of Gratitude, Jonathan Tells Gowon by enoqueen: 10:49pm On Oct 18, 2014
SOMEBODY HELP ME OOOO.
Re: Nigeria Owes You Huge Debt Of Gratitude, Jonathan Tells Gowon by Sloan: 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
iamtheprincipal:
Sure GEJ;
We owe him for ceding the land mass occupied by the Igbos of Eastern Nigeria to other geopolitical zones, causing a deficit in land mass which is the only geopolical zone with five (5) States in Nigeria.
We do owe him alot me...
RUBBISH!

An ibo loser must surely cry at this post so I am not surprised. Blame your useless cowardly Ojukwu for all the ibos used as canon fodder. Congrats Gowon for a job well done!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Owes You Huge Debt Of Gratitude, Jonathan Tells Gowon by iamtheprincipal: 10:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sloan:

An ibo loser must surely cry at this post so I am not surprised. Blame your useless cowardly Ojukwu for all the ibos used as canon fodder. Congrats Gowon for a job well done!

I would choose not to battle words with you.
Re: Nigeria Owes You Huge Debt Of Gratitude, Jonathan Tells Gowon by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 18, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan says the.nation will remain grateful to former Head of State Gen. Yakubu Gowon for “successfully managing and guiding it through an unfortunate civil war’

Thank You Mr. President, I am not your fan but as a fellow Izon, I salute you. Yakubu Gowon remains a hero in Nigeria for successfully crushing the Biafran Insurgency
Re: Nigeria Owes You Huge Debt Of Gratitude, Jonathan Tells Gowon by oduaboy1: 11:01pm On Oct 18, 2014
iamtheprincipal:
Sure GEJ;
We do owe him alot me...
RUBBISH!
When did SS oil block become yiiibo's own.Thief.You can go and die!!!
Re: Nigeria Owes You Huge Debt Of Gratitude, Jonathan Tells Gowon by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 18, 2014
iamtheprincipal:
Sure GEJ;
We do owe him alot me...
RUBBISH!
Our Oil block? Which Oil block? The one in Nnewi or Aba? Or the one in Onitsha or Enugu?
Re: Nigeria Owes You Huge Debt Of Gratitude, Jonathan Tells Gowon by iamtheprincipal: 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2014
oduaboy1:
When did SS oil block become yiiibo's own.Thief.You can go and die!!!

Go and ask your high school history teacher or university GST102 Lecturer if you attended any?
Re: Nigeria Owes You Huge Debt Of Gratitude, Jonathan Tells Gowon by oduaboy1: 11:08pm On Oct 18, 2014
iamtheprincipal:

Go and ask your high school history teacher or university GST102 Lecturer if you attended any?
Ole,thief answer my question grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Owes You Huge Debt Of Gratitude, Jonathan Tells Gowon by iamtheprincipal: 11:16pm On Oct 18, 2014
oduaboy1:
Ole,thief answer my question grin grin grin grin

The height of ignorance in display.
Re: Nigeria Owes You Huge Debt Of Gratitude, Jonathan Tells Gowon by macof(m): 11:32pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sloan:

Why can't ur likes do Without Igbo-Yoruba bashing?. Here you have started first prompting attacks against the Yoruba
People like u should be locked up

(1) (Reply)

Muhammadu Buhari: Running For President With An Anti-corruption Bank Loan - / Gunmen Free 144 Inmates, Kill One In Koton-karfi Kogi Prison / INEC To Jail Presidential Aspirants Who Spend More Than 1billion On Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.