Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West (21922 Views)

Kenneth Omeruo And Super Falcons Star, Asisat Oshoala Spotted Together In UK / Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request / Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by xtervaganza(m): 9:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
Princecalm:
even without a world cup Kahn was consistent for his team before capping it with a world cup bronze medal,but Valdes is yet to taste how it feels to play in the World cup.
let's not get it mixed up

Kahn is 500 times better than valdes (I hope you're not getting me wrong)

My point is; Kahn would prefer to win a word cup being on the bench than not winning it at all
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by Princecalm(m): 9:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
xtervaganza:
let's not get it mixed up

Kahn is 500 times better than valdes (I hope you're not getting me wrong)

My point is; Kahn would prefer to win a word cup being on the bench than not winning it at all
y not who does not like easy things.
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by bastien: 9:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
Guykhena:

Only in Nigeria football,so called 'legends' discourages the upcoming ones,,
I disagree with this.

Paul Schools,Charaghar, Campbell etc have been criticizing the England national team players before and after the world cup
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by MeGaStReEt: 10:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
We have a big problem in this Country. If you criticize people albeit constructively, they say you are hating. Why would Taribo West, a living legend hate on upcoming footballers they don't even play for a decent side yet.

If you decide to keep mute and not say anything, they say you are clueless and don't have anything positive to contribute.

What Taribo said is the truth, and he is not trying to discourage the youngsters, If they (Omeruo / Oboabona) are intelligent enough, they would take the positive from the words of a living legend and work on themselves.

Despite winning the Nations Cup, Oboabona and Omeruo are still poor defenders. They are poor and defends like 5 years old kids.

I am with Taribo on this one. No sentiment, say it as it is. WE NEED BETTER DEFENDERS.

1 Like

Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by pomide(m): 12:04am On Oct 20, 2014
am beginning to think so too
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by hayzed2: 5:37am On Oct 20, 2014
xtervaganza:
we were comparing achievements from national team......read from the beginning and stop hopping like a castrated chimpazee

So whats all ur crying all about now, digressing from the main topic shows how immature you are, only someone with a brain tumor like you ,will be asked; Is messi a barcelona player And you will answer the question like a fool that ; (1) Messi would have been an arsenal player if arsene wenger have made a good decision 12years ago or u may say ; (2) ronaldo is better than neymar. Tell me how does the respond answer the main question, useless guy with useless opinion.
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by adconline(m): 6:07am On Oct 20, 2014
Princecalm:
u mean the Taribo that only played four times in a season while at Milan
He played 73 game for Auxere in France, 44 games for Inter Milan and won UEFA cup. Just compare him to any other those guys you are talking about.
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by ElFenomeno1: 8:31am On Oct 20, 2014
abatically:
Both of them are overrated.

I agree.....

The cant read the game, dont work together effectively and technically they are below par!
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by lorRhyMeZ: 9:03am On Oct 20, 2014
blemon44:

What then do you expect Fabio Canavaro of Italy to say?

Same thing taribo west is saying..
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by azaino: 10:18am On Oct 20, 2014
Taribo is very correct, these defenders are something else, they get tired easily and look unserious during matches
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by Wheellz(m): 11:40am On Oct 20, 2014
MeGaStReEt:
We have a big problem in this Country. If you criticize people albeit constructively, they say you are hating. Why would Taribo West, a living legend hate on upcoming footballers they don't even play for a decent side yet.

If you decide to keep mute and not say anything, they say you are clueless and don't have anything positive to contribute.

What Taribo said is the truth, and he is not trying to discourage the youngsters, If they (Omeruo / Oboabona) are intelligent enough, they would take the positive from the words of a living legend and work on themselves.

Despite winning the Nations Cup, Oboabona and Omeruo are still poor defenders. They are poor and defends like 5 years old kids.

I am with Taribo on this one. No sentiment, say it as it is. WE NEED BETTER DEFENDERS.
WELL SAID.
D PPL COMMENTING ON DIS Mata r SO CLUELESS ND ANNOYING.
SM LFT D MAIN POINT ND STRTD TALKING KAHN ND VALDEZ STORY.

TARIBO REFERRIN TO OMERUO ND OBOABONA'S DISPLAY IN D QUALIFIERS AS AMATUER ND CALLS FR COMPETITION. DIS MEANS DEY SHLD UP DIA GAME R DIA DISPLAY BRINGS SECOND TOT. DIS TARIBOR'S PLIGHT WAS ONLY FR D QUALIFIERS WHICH WE ALL SAW D GOALS DAT CLD V BIN SAVED. HE DIDNT SAY ALL GAMES INCLUDIN D CONCLUDED NATIONS CUP.

ALL U GUYS DO IS TO TINK LYK ........ GOD HLP U GUYS ND UR UNDERSTNDING.
TARIBOR WAS A GREAT PLAYA WAS AMNG D EAGLES DAT MD US 5TH IN FUTBALL RANKING WE VNT MD TOP TEN TILL NW.
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by blemon44(m): 11:42am On Oct 20, 2014
lorRhyMeZ:

Same thing taribo west is saying..

Go sleep joor
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by lorRhyMeZ: 11:56am On Oct 20, 2014
blemon44:

Go sleep joor

Make U go die jare!
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by Princecalm(m): 2:49pm On Oct 20, 2014
adconline:

He played 73 game for Auxere in France, 44 games for Inter Milan and won UEFA cup. Just compare him to any other those guys you are talking about.
in a span of how many years
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by azaino: 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
hayzed2:
Criticizing this young guys is not the way forward, atleast before Taribo West will make a comment like this one, I expected him to have scouted better players in those position to back up his amateurish opinion. #1NIGERIA smiley

Criticism is never a bad thing, critics brings the best in any player, taribo was not just criticizing the defenders, he was saying the whole truth, almost all Nigerians have seen it. So, Taribo voicing out what is already vivid is a nice move
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by azaino: 3:17pm On Oct 20, 2014
Princecalm:
omeruo has achieved almost everything west has achieved in Country level

Are you sure you know who Taribo west is ? Who is kenneth Omeruo to be compared with Taribo
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by azaino: 3:27pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ologunjude:
Toribo is right. But my only concern is that why complain now Since you noticed this for some time now. You and keshi don't talk? I wonder o.

With what you said, it is obvious that you don't know who Keshi is. Garba Lawal tried to relate with keshi but, he turned around and labelled lawal a saboteur
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by azaino: 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
Swagztv:
Mr. West,i agree dat u wer a gud defenda during ur days,but instead of publicly labelling d 1st choice pair of central defenda's we av @hand now "AMATEUR" wudnt it av bin beta 2 encourage dem 2 step up dier game? Since loosing form in football is sometin dat almost happens 2 any1 @ some point in ur career! But 4 me i tink i rada have Amateur's in my team who wins me Afcon gold dan world classes who kips on loosing finals!! My shaaaa

Talking out of point, wht is wrong with correcting someone who erred, call a spade a spade, and a hoe a hoe. What taribo wanted from Them is be competitive and determined
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by azaino: 4:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
Suarezilla:
I thought I was the only one that was concerned about those pair. They aren't compactible atall and they tend to fail to track back opponents. Most times they leave the very center they defend and allow strikers to even take a pose for the camera before slotting the ball into our net...I recommend new faces and stiff competition for both.
You are so much on point, maximum competition is needed at that defense.
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by azaino: 4:11pm On Oct 20, 2014
danbrowndmf:
taribo west using style to sick for Nigeria coach job,bros no way 4u. dt was how he lebel yobo as an amateaur den, buh b4 we knw yobo turn to be solid rock for nigeria back THEN.

It is obvious that Yobo picked up and became strong then out of the critics, that is the work of criticism
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by azaino: 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
opes:
Taribo was not part of 1994 WC team and Argentina didnt score any penalty against Nigeria at USA 94
It was a free kick, a very quick one
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by azaino: 4:47pm On Oct 20, 2014
aridude:

talking rubbish.... are these not the same boys who won the nations cup for us??... the whole team is out of shape stop crucifying the poor guys.

That they won the afcon doesn't make them infallible, are you even watching their matches at all, or you just feel like opposing Taribo? I don't know why Nigerians detest critics like Ebola, they will rather choose to pray or praise someone doing wrong instead of criticizing the person to bring out the best in him/her
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by xtervaganza(m): 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
hayzed2:

So whats all ur crying all about now, digressing from the main topic shows how immature you are, only someone with a brain tumor like you ,will be asked; Is messi a barcelona player And you will answer the question like a fool that ; (1) Messi would have been an arsenal player if arsene wenger have made a good decision 12years ago or u may say ; (2) ronaldo is better than neymar. Tell me how does the respond answer the main question, useless guy with useless opinion.
calm down, kid. You're wetting your panties

And did u just mention messi? Yeah you're exactly what he called Wellington

You're a son of a b1tch
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by Princecalm(m): 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
azaino:

Are you sure you know who Taribo west is ? Who is kenneth Omeruo to be compared with Taribo
so tell me what Taribo has achieved Omeruo hasn't at country level
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by hayzed2: 7:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
xtervaganza:
calm down, kid. You're wetting your panties

And did u just mention messi? Yeah you're exactly what he called Wellington

You're a son of a b1tch

Fool, I don't have your time
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by hayzed2: 7:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
azaino:

Criticism is never a bad thing, critics brings the best in any player, taribo was not just criticizing the defenders, he was saying the whole truth, almost all Nigerians have seen it. So, Taribo voicing out what is already vivid is a nice move

How would this change the motive of the player, when he is not a nairalander smiley
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by xtervaganza(m): 9:25pm On Oct 20, 2014
hayzed2:

Fool, I don't have your time
son of a b1tch grin
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by Mopiket(m): 6:17am On Oct 21, 2014
true talk by Taribo West. both are not ripe enough for the role given to them. they shd find alternative for their replacement. maybe they can b use as substitute if they can improve.
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by hayzed2: 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
xtervaganza:
son of a b1tch grin

fool, go and tell ur dad that ur mum is a bitch... Idiot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Simone Biles Becomes Most Decorated Female Gymnast In History / Ghana Vs Algeria: AFCON 2015 (1 - 0) ON 23rd January 2015 / Olusoji Fasuba Celebrates His 36th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.