Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? (10491 Views)

Ladies ; Would You leave Your Husband In A Place Like This (photo) / What Is Wrong To Marry From A Polygamous Family?? / Polygamous Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by babygirlfl: 5:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
MissMeiya:

If you saw what she bolded, you would understand her comment. Stop being defensive.

She said being polygamous doesn't stop mean from cheating. I.e. monogamous cheating men will still cheat in a polygamous marriage. Notice her use of the word "still".

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Now let's put all of this in perspective. If I open up a thread titled: Guys, would you consider marrying into a polyandrous home? What sort of reaction do you think such a thread would elicit?

More importantly, what would be my real reason for opening up such a thread?

Actually I'd just put my opinion on such thread and move on. No big deal. It remains my opinion on such an issue. Why you're bent on derailing is what I don't understand.

I said i never knew that some women would willingly go into polygamous homes and wanted to know if there are other ladies like her. So what's the fuss?

EfemenaXY:

Okay. So answer my question then.
Is she Muslim? Or from an Islamic background? Surely you should know the answer to that, seeing as she's your colleague, yes?

Nope she's not from a Muslim background. Dad is from Edo state and to the best of my knowledge, not a Muslim.,

9 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
tintingz:
and why did you bring religion into this?

The first thing can comes to your mind about the lady op is talking about is that she's from a Muslim background?

My neighbor here is a Christian and a polygamous man in his marriage.

Nigeria culture is into polygamy why not ask questions about that?

Exactly. I wonder why she'd have an issue with the thread. I just wanted opinions and views on this.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by EfemenaXY: 6:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
tintingz:
and why did you bring religion into this?

The first thing can comes to your mind about the lady op is talking about is that she's from a Muslim background?

My neighbor here is a Christian and a polygamous man in his marriage.

Nigeria culture is into polygamy why not ask questions about that?

And that shows I explicitly stated that only Muslims are polygamous?

Still waiting for how you drew your conclusion about me being biased about Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by babygirlfl: 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
tintingz:

The lady the op talked about said something about knowing who her husband is sleeping with, she never said polygamous men don't cheat.

Have the last word. I don't go back and forth

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by tintingz(m): 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
Mintayo:

I think i understand the angle you are coming from. I will like d Op to answer the question too.

he will be defensive because he is a muslim,he believes in polygamy!
So Muslims are the only people into polygamy?

Where's this traditionalist guy macof, he believes in polygamy. let him come. grin

coogar is not a Muslim waiting for him. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by EfemenaXY: 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
masonkz:

Exactly. I wonder why she'd have an issue with the thread. I just wanted opinions and views on this.

What makes you think I've got an issue with the thread.

I asked you a question about your colleague. Why won't you answer it?
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by adebisicutie: 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

What makes you think I've got an issue with the thread.

I asked you a question about your colleague. Why won't you answer it?

You are derailing the thread. The OP asked a simple question, answer and move on instead of accusing him of having a hidden agenda. You are the only bringing religion into this discussion

11 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
#ThreadDerailed

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by EfemenaXY: 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
masonkz:

I said i never knew that some women would willignly go into polygamous homes and wanted to know if there are other ladies like her. So what's the fuss?

You live in Nigeria.

You're surrounded by people practicing polygamy.

Why don't you start by asking them? Or better still, finish your conversation with that colleague of yours by asking her more indepth questions about her choice? Must you bring every single thought that crosses your mind onto Nairaland?
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

You live in Nigeria.

Why don't you start by asking them? Or better still, finish your conversation with that colleague of yours by asking her more indepth questions about her choice? Must you bring every single thought that crosses your mind onto Nairaland?

LAWD HAVE MERCY. I'M DONE!

Sorry if I touched a nerve or something. Apparently you're looking at this issue from another perspective.

@bolded, yes! I reserve every right to do so. And you have the right to either comment or not comment.

GOOD DAY!

14 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

You live in Nigeria.

*stare*

Lady, you are clearly crazy. Go and take your meds.

Masonkz don't even reply.

Nonsensical attention-seeker.

14 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by tintingz(m): 6:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

And that shows I explicitly stated that only Muslims are polygamous?

Still waiting for how you drew your conclusion about me being biased about Muslims.

If you are not biased about this...

Then why did you think the lady op is talking about must be a Muslim?

Why did you mention "Muslim"?

7 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by EfemenaXY: 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
MissMeiya:

*stare*

Lady, you are clearly crazy. Go and take your meds.

Masonkz don't even reply.

Nonsensical attention-seeker.

Really?

Takes one to know one, doesn't it?

Attention seeker you say? And yet you get high from quoting me? Listen. This is a public forum and I post as I want, when I want, where I want. You don't have to quote me let alone respond to my posts do you? Or do you get 0rgasm!c shudders when you see my name/posts? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by tintingz(m): 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
masonkz:

She's being biased.

Don't reply her, she's already derailing this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by EfemenaXY: 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
tintingz:
If you are not biased about this...

Then why did you think the lady op is talking about must be a Muslim?

Why did you mention "Muslim"?

Do Muslims practice polygamy or not?
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by EfemenaXY: 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
tintingz:
She's being biased.

Don't reply her, she's already derailing this thread.

Yeah?

Is it possible to have an argument with oneself, Mr Tintingz?

Hmmm?
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by tintingz(m): 6:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

You live in Nigeria.

[size=14pt]Must you comment in this thread?[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by tintingz(m): 6:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
People with their biased mind.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by delishpot: 6:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

More like you're trying to instigate a religious fight on a holy day.

Is your colleague Muslim? If she is or comes from an Islamic background, that should more than answer your question. For some, it's a way of life and if that's how they as adults choose to live their lives, then you'd do best to respect them for it.

There are cultures out there that also practice Polyandry. Would that "surprise" you too?

Live and let live, abeg.

You are right. My only problem is, most women that choose to be second wives or extra wives, never think about the first wife o. They say they dont mind marrying a man that is married already as if their being the next wife is just between them and the man. As if it doesnt affect the first wife in any way.
And then, after they enter the mans house, they become angry if he decides to bring another new wife after them.
Even women in Islam will be happier if their husbands have eyes only for them. The women do not like sharing their men but their religion make them not have a say in affairs of the home. They can only pray and wish he will marry only them or only two wives. Because if they stand against his having another, they will be seen as bad wives and not good role models for young muslim girls who should not oppose a man.

6 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
Tgirl4real , RoyalRoy, seun . You guys should please clean up the thread as someone is derailing.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by EfemenaXY: 6:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
tintingz:
[size=14pt]Must you comment in this thread?[/size]

angry angry angry

Must you quote me?

Why are you actively derailing this thread?

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by tintingz(m): 6:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Do Muslims practice polygamy or not?
Do traditionalist practice polygamy or not?

Do Jews practice polygamy or not?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by tintingz(m): 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

angry angry angry

Must you quote me?

And why must you show your anger? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by EfemenaXY: 6:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
tintingz:
And why must you show your anger?

Who says I'm angry? Over what?

Are you angry, Tintingz?

tintingz:
Do traditionalist practice polygamy or not?

Do Jews practice polygamy or not?

***Yawns...***

Remind me what your point(s) is / are ...was / were again.

Actually, never mind.

***Thread Unfollowed!***
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by tintingz(m): 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Who says I'm angry? Over what?

Are you angry, Tintingz?

Am I angry?

Who shows, expressed this emoticon below?

EfemenaXY:

angry angry angry

Must you quote me?

***Yawns...***

Remind me what your point(s) is / are ...was / were again.

Actually, never mind.

***Thread Unfollowed!***
Thank you, at least we will read reasonable, unbiased post in this thread. smiley
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
@masonkz, dont misinterpret efemena's posts and questions.
Maybe u r not a regular poster here and we know what always follow after a heated arguments on polygamy especially as patterns muslim.
Severally some folks have hv been banned for airing their views about polygamy in this section cos i tell u, it must become a heated argument in a matter of minutes if care is not taken.

Some people deliberately avoid threads like this cos they r always banned from mods from other sections(biased banning anyway) for airing their views.

So pls, i respect u(i read ur posts sometimes and i am even commenting cos of u), majority of family section nairalanders know Efemena is being careful and warning others to be careful too. We perfectly understands her worry. Efe is as innocent as a dove(i can attest to that)
No vex.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
@topic, no, i can't. I'm a human being, not property.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
moca:
Maybe u r not a regular poster here and we know what always follow after a heated arguments on polygamy especially as patterns muslim.
Severally some folks have hv been banned for airing their views about polygamy in this section cos i tell u, it must become a heated argument in a matter of minutes if care is not taken.

Some people deliberately avoid threads like this cos they r always banned from mods from other sections(biased banning anyway) for airing their views.

So pls, i respect u(i read ur posts sometimes and i am even commenting cos of u), majority of family section nairalanders know Efemena is being careful and warning others to be careful too. We perfectly understands her worry. Efe is as innocent as a dove(i can attest to that)
No vex.
Thanks.

Alright. Thank you for that.

As you can see, I meant no harm. I never even brought religion into it, neither did other posters, until she came. So there was just no need for the pre-emptive. She was obviously doing the same thing she might have been warning people of: creating heated argument.

Thanks though.

Mods, tgirl4real and royalroy, can this be moved to the FP please. I would like more views on this.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by tintingz(m): 7:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
moca:

No vex.
Thanks.
So what if the op stated that the lady he was talking is a Muslim.

What do you think will or would have happened in this thread?

I remember a thread where a Muslim lady gave her view on polygamous marriage, because she's a Muslim are view was not welcomed by biased people in this family section.

If you read comments in that thread, you will be surprised...that thread was later closed.

So my question is why did Efe mention "Muslim" or drag religion into this thread discussion instead of her going straight to the answer like other ladies did in this thread?

6 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by tintingz(m): 7:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
Chiamaka01:
@topic, no, i can't. I'm a human being, not property.
...But you will collect bride price and change your maiden name huh?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
tintingz:
...But you will collect bride price and change you maiden name huh?

My dad will collect the bride-price because it's our culture. I'm not changing my maiden name, ever.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Married But Bored And Lonely??, Meet Other Married People Here / Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog / What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.