Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? (10492 Views)

Ladies ; Would You leave Your Husband In A Place Like This (photo) / What Is Wrong To Marry From A Polygamous Family?? / Polygamous Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by tintingz(m): 9:33am On Oct 20, 2014
Chiamaka01:

Dealer? Like seriously? You don't see anything denigrating in this comment?
Sorry if it sound so but you are aware that this is what happen in Nigeria, you said it yourself that your father will be the one to collect the bride price and so ofcos he's the one to give you out.

Sorry I'm not denigrating anyone here, I'm just stating the things that happen in Nigeria.

Chiamaka01:

You stylishly told me that since a woman's kinsmen would be paid the
bride-price, her husband will impose his will on her. That the woman has no say since she is being 'sold' from her dad to her hubby.
is it not you that stylish called other women properties? and I pointed out the hypocrisy about your post.

you even said you are human being, so those in polygamous marriage are not humans right?
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 20, 2014
[quote
author=tintingz post=27293343]
is it not you that stylish called other women properties? and I pointed
out the hypocrisy about your post.

you even said you are human being, so those in polygamous marriage are
not humans right?[/quote]
Yes, i did. Maybe the adjective i used was harsh but i was trying to pass across a message.
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 20, 2014
Chiamaka01:

Yes, i did. Maybe the adjective i used was harsh but i was trying to pass across a message.

I still don't have any respect for women in polygamous marriages in this modern era and i'll explain why i referred to them as 'property', if you tell me what you think of men in polyandrous marriages. @tintingz
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by shizzle11(m): 10:52am On Oct 20, 2014
Chiamaka01:

I still don't have any respect for women in polygamous marriages in this modern era and i'll explain why i referred to them as 'property', if you tell me what you think of men in polyandrous marriages. @tintingz
you still blatantly refer to women in polygamous marriages as 'properties' without feeling its denigrating, yet you find it offensive when you are refered to as 'property'. Such hypocrisy....such double standard #sighs

Woman take the wool off your eye first....lol

NB: Make no mistake, i am anti-polygamy cool

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by tintingz(m): 12:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
Chiamaka01:

now see who is denigrating... you said women in polygamous marriage are not human but properties?

well these women don't need your respect as some are living happily in their marriage, there are happy polygamous marriage and monogamous marriage doesn't guarantee a happy marriage.

about men in polyandry marriage, these men choose to be in that marriage settings same goes to women in polygyny marriage and if you think they are properties then accept that you are one as well because these women are paid bride price like yours will be paid too, you will even change your maiden name. smiley

through out my posts i didn't denigrate anyone instead you were the denigrating your fellow humans(women), if you read my posts you will see that i am pointing out the hypocrisy in your posts.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Godmystrength: 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2014
NO i won't
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ofcourse, I will consider. Infact, it has been my life long dream. I will like to be the fourth and the youngest of all the wives though. undecided
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by 1miccza: 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2014
EfemenaXY:

On the contrary, I am calm.

I suspect he knows her religious background and she's probably Muslim. So if he knows that, then why the very unintelligent question?

What's his hidden Agenda?

that's why he said you were looking for drama,all you need to do is answer the op's harmless question capisce?

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by bukatyne(f): 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
tintingz:
I'm raised in polygamous home, I didn't see any hell there.

There are hell in monogamous home too, stop the shii.

The irony part of your post is that we can see women preferring/go into polygamous marriage.

And the irony of your post is that women prefer to be no 2 et al to a already married man

No first wife (there are exceptions though) wants to share he husband with no 2 et al cool
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 21, 2014
[quote
author=shizzle11 post=27295246]you still blatantly refer to women in
polygamous marriages as 'properties' without feeling its denigrating,
yet you find it offensive when you are refered to as 'property'. Such
hypocrisy....such double standard #sighs

Woman take the wool off your eye first....lol

NB: Make no mistake, i am anti-polygamy cool[/quote]

I'm just saying the bitter truth. They're the ones objectifying themselves. Enough derailing.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
Tintingz,
I never said that people in polygamous marriages can't be happy. A woman that decides to marry a married man has already objectified herself, i'm just stating the obvious bitter truth.
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
[quote
author=Chiamaka01 post=27324978]Tintingz,
I never said that people in polygamous marriages can't be happy. A woman
that decides to marry a married man has already objectified herself,
i'm just stating the obvious bitter truth.[/quote]

Lol @i am one too'. I'm not going to go there because that issue has been overflogged. I am not anybody's property. Speak for your four wives, abeg.
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by omostar: 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2014
I am from a polygamous family and I do like it now. I suppose there might have been problems initially but we the children are now so close , you won't know we have different mums. On if I can be a second wife or if I can accept my husband marry another wife, then I will say it depends on the situation.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by tintingz(m): 3:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
Chiamaka01:

Lol @i am one too'. I'm not going to go there because that issue has been overflogged. I am not anybody's property. Speak for your four wives, abeg.
Maybe you will be my forth wife. grin
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 21, 2014
tintingz:
Maybe you will be my forth wife. grin

God forbid. Tufiakwa.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by tintingz(m): 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
bukatyne:

And the irony of your post is that women prefer to be no 2 et al to a already married man

No first wife (there are exceptions though) wants to share he husband with no 2 et al cool

some will.
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by tintingz(m): 6:58pm On Oct 21, 2014
Chiamaka01:

God forbid. Tufiakwa.
That's what you will say. grin
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by soonest(f): 10:14am On Oct 22, 2014
Different polygamy threads already exist and have been over flogged na! Una no they tire?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Sagamite(m): 1:27pm On Nov 27, 2014
missberrypop5:
No, i won't stand sharing my man with a fellow woman. And i wouldn't dare dating a married man talk more of marrying a man who already has a wife.

You are missing out.
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Sagamite(m): 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
suregurl:
No woman will willingly say she want to marry from a polygamous family[b][/b]. What supposed to be for one will be shared by two/more in polygamous marriage/family.... Still waiting for the elders/experienced to comment.....

The ones that did it have a gun to their heads? undecided
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Sagamite(m): 1:38pm On Nov 27, 2014
Chiamaka01:
@topic, no, i can't. I'm a human being, not property.

How does polygamy make you a property?

Is it not prevention of polygamy that actually makes someone a property? grin
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2014
Sagamite:

How does polygamy make you a property?
Is it not prevention of polygamy that actually makes someone a property? grin

Marriage is a contract between two people, not acccumulation of women by a man.
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Sagamite(m): 2:05pm On Nov 27, 2014
Chiamaka01:

Marriage is a contract between two people, not acccumulation of women by a man.

Which kin contract?

Where did you see that?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 27, 2014
Sagamite:

Which kin contract?
Where did you see that?

Okay, fine. How would you rather define marriage?
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Sagamite(m): 2:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
Chiamaka01:

Okay, fine. How would you rather define marriage?

My definition of marriage is my business with whoever I engage in one with. Just the way your definition of marriage is your business with whoever you engage in one with.

You don't and can't define mine for me, and I don't and can't define yours for you, except you are marrying me. That would make you the luckiest woman on Earth by the way.

Marriage by law is merely a mating association registered with the local authorities because it has some value in the society's configuration, based on the values that local host society desires.

Beyond that (registration), it should not be the business of the authorities how the parties in it decide to enjoy it as long as no physical restraints or violence is used.

All that "marriage is a contract" is just meaningless platitudes you have heard.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2014
[quote
author=Sagamite post=28391870]

My definition of marriage is my business with whoever I engage in one
with. Just the way your definition of marriage is your business with
whoever I engage in one with.

You don't and can't define mine for me, and I don't and can't define
yours for you
, except you are marrying me. That would make you the
luckiest woman on Earth by the way.
All that "marriage is a contract" is just meaningless platitudes you
have heard.
[/quote]

You're contradicting yourself.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Sagamite(m): 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
Chiamaka01:

You're contradicting yourself.

How am I contradicting myself?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Sagamite(m): 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2014
Chiamaka01:

Hmm, my dad can answer that.
Yes, i won't. My husband can't decide that because i am not a sex slave. He will see reason with me. He's not narrow-minded as the men you surround yourself with.

You are not a sex slave but you insist you have to be bought since it is "your culture"? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 27, 2014
Sagamite:

How am I contradicting myself?

You said earlier that none of us can define marriage for the other, but you call my definition, "meaningless"? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Sagamite(m): 2:41pm On Nov 27, 2014
Chiamaka01:

You said earlier that none of us can define marriage for the other, but you call my definition, "meaningless"? undecided

I said your definition was meaningless based on the general applicability you initially claimed it was.

That was why I called it a meaningless platitude.

If you choose to define your marriage as that, then that is your business.

Another meaningless platitude people use is "marriage should be for life". The only "life" I know is the type they give in American courts for gruesome murder. Even in the UK, Life means like 15-30 years only.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2014
Sagamite:

You are not a sex slave but you insist you have to be bought since it is "your culture"? undecided

The payment of bride-price is a marriage rite, i'm not surprised people like you see it as a business deal. undecided
Re: Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? by Sagamite(m): 2:52pm On Nov 27, 2014
Chiamaka01:

The payment of bride-price is a marriage rite, i'm not surprised people like you see it as a business deal. undecided

What is a marriage rite? Why is it necessary?

Why don't you see polygamy and taking your husband surname as a "rite" too?

Abi your culture never had those?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Married But Bored And Lonely??, Meet Other Married People Here / Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog / What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.