Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Frsc Ambush-a True Story - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frsc Ambush-a True Story (861 Views)

Troops Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists Escaping Sambisa Forest (PHOTOS) / How Two Soldiers Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush / Alleged AIT Ban: The True Story From An AIT Staff, Lara Wise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Frsc Ambush-a True Story by Immatex(m): 9:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
The FRSC Ambush
This is a true life account of a seemingly ambush situation on me by men of the Federal Road Safety Corp.
I am a legally licensed road user. I work for a Multi-national corporation and I use a company issued vehicle just about 8-months old. My vehicle was in perfect appearance and working condition.
Only yesterday, 18th October, for official reasons I was travelling to Aba from Okigwe through the Enugu-Umuahia road. Shortly after entering the Umuahia area and not far from the NNPC Maga station before tower as I approached from Okigwe, I noticed a Dangote truck badly slighted in one side likely to fall due to bad road and heavy flour load.
I was a little distracted as my assistant in my vehicle pointed to the road mishap scene. As it was bent corner of the road, just at the bad spot where a building wrongly painted in police colours, I didn’t notice the presence of a detachment of FRSC marshals nor their patrol van on time. Naturally I was slowing down due to the Truck I took a few seconds to observe and the fact that I was approaching a very bad spot on the road. So it was rather very shocking to see 3 marshals brandishing sticks and planks on the road. I stopped and gesticulated to them asking them what was happening, all I saw was more men taking positions round my vehicle threatening to smash my wind-screen, side-mirrors and head-lamps. After about 2mins of shock, I cleared out of the road and opened my door. The marshals – team lead and driver rushed me. One hitting my left leg with sticks the other removed my seat-belt and attempted removing my car key. They further dragged me out of my vehicle and continued molesting me demanding I surrender my cars and license. I was speechless and perplexed at the way and manner these men treated me like a man convicted of terrorism.
I asked them what my offence was. They alleged that I attempted to commit a hit and run on a road marshal. I denied and continue to denial that accusation because a vehicle at a slow speed of 20-30km/h cannot kill a man in a very bad spot of the Enugu-Umuahia road. After refusing to surrender my license, I gave my license to the team leader who promised to make me beg him or my car impounded and taken to the office. I asked him to take my car to the office as I will never beg him for molesting and harassing me. After spending close to an hour there, he issued me a ticket for obstruction when I never made a single vehicle reduce speed nor stop to wait for me.
Even with my license in the hands of these touts in uniform, I will pay no fine. I must say that I will seek revenge by all means possible on this these set of road marshals who are only extortioners in uniform. The names of the two men who God will not forgive for causing me body injuries and embarrassment are J. Issac-team lead and M. Kanu-patrol van driver. They are men from the Umuahia Asaba street office of FRSC. They will see no good until they pay for their crime.
Re: Frsc Ambush-a True Story by Immatex(m): 9:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
I will be glad to receive help on how to go about bringing these men to justice and in getting back my driving license. counting on your comments

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Oshomole Ticket Or Fashola Rochas Ticket. / Your Favourite Politician Catchphrase"" / Delta State Gov. Uduaghan His Casting Vote – PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.