Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (207700 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 2:50am On Oct 26, 2014
Bidam:
The devil also quotes the bible.
Ask Jesus when he was tempted in the wilderness.
I know a counterfeits masquerading as "angel of light" when i see them.
Good morn. Mr. 'Serpent sleeping with eve heretic'.
You've remembered your ancestry and have been itching to spew that out. Right?
What happened? Had you outgrown your old skin?
Peele. Aggression comes with skin shedding.
It didn't take you that long to grovel from down the dust you are in
You seem to know so much about the devil. I wonder why, like as if I don't already know
I wouldn't stoop down to your level, not even to help you up from the dirt you are in
Go and feed on other dust. I am God's property, don't mess with me

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 2:55am On Oct 26, 2014
BabaGnoni:

It grieves the heart, especially when Image123 has the cheek to always say none of these fakeries and detestable acts happen locally

To be honest, I don't know how all these self confessed & so-called WoFs on NL get to peacefully sleep at night, knowing all these extremely wicked things carried out here. Cruel acts committed whilst faking healing, staging healing or pretending to heal

This is bad, not good at all, a lot are going to be taken in by this now. SMH

i just noticed this, unfortunately not many were taken in as you predicted. You accused me as always saying none of these fakeries and detestable acts happen locally. Please point out one or two places i so said. i'm alive and here oh.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 2:59am On Oct 26, 2014
Image123:
i just noticed this, unfortunately not many were taken in as you predicted.
You accused me as always saying none of these fakeries and detestable acts happen locally.
Please point out one or two places i so said. i'm alive and here oh.
Your wish is my command siree. Soon come. OK
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 3:00am On Oct 26, 2014
BabaGnoni:

Can see you learned from the best. Also good to see you noticed distracting the thread

You should also see the discrepancy in what you wrote. Jesus is the best na.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 3:02am On Oct 26, 2014
BabaGnoni:

Your wish is my command siree. Soon come. OK

2:59am October 26. Your time starts, lol.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 3:02am On Oct 26, 2014
Image123:
*distinguishing features you say?
i've NEVER seen this (LAUGHTER) in Nigeria, not even in recent times or as a distinguishing feature in foreign supposedly WOF meetings.
Is there no WOF movement in Nigeria
?
Is Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Oyakhilome, Adeboye etc WOF?
Name callers anybody?

Image123:
So i re-read and it seems tman does not know what he is saying. The word "THESE" is plural.
That means it refers to more than one. That means you are not talking or specific on laughter.
To further cement this, he said
" a distinguishing feature of the meetings of many well known WoF preachers".
Hopefully, you know the meaning of 'distinguishing feature'. The meetingS of MANY WELL KNOWN preacherS.
Yet no well known preacher in Nigeria mentioned or deemed fit by you. You claim to have one private one in Ibadan anyway
Can we safely conclude that those preachers i named are not WOF? To think you fellows have being itching to name names.
Don' t disappoint ohhh. Also, kindly be clear on who these wannabes are.
Is it Adeboye, or Oyedepo, or Kumuyi, or Oyakhilome, or who? Try to be as specific as you've been fighting to be.

Image123:
Revelation 2:24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

The obsession with F7, a thing very rarely seen shows again that nothing much is to be gained from here. Next.

Image123:

lol, in all of God's grace, i probably made sense of the passage by His Holy Spirit long time ago. You're one funny bunch.

Still hoping to read the relevance of this thread to the everyday christian here in Nigeria.
All the reference to fossils and almost dead men or largely unknown are AT BEST beating about the bush with a capital A on aimless.

Image123:
Gnoni, i've seen your posts to me (goes for drumb and Nora too) as regards Dr Lake. i'm sorry i could only skim through them saving me the temptation to waste time and resources rebutting them. Don't worry drumb, i'll still read the Nora pdf, already downloaded it sef, i guess that is what Nora pasted abi?
It's not my style to discuss people in absentia, though when i really wanted you guys to relate your WOF talks to contemporary men around us, you all strangely shied away, preferring to discuss relics and largely unknown people to the audience.
On Lake, i told someone already, i've heard him myself and believe him above what the critics have to say. One thing you'll need to learn is that even the best men have 'formidable' critics and further links against them. From Jesus to Spurgeon to Kumuyi to Wigglesworth. Take this link for instance against Paul, i would not even advice you to read it, the whole world lies in wickedness. https://www.nairaland.com/1874144/real-apostle-paul

Image123:
Perhaps, we may hastily conclude too that your mouth was shut all the while you didn't post here as drumb? The thread lost impetus since like forever. Also, hanging all the perceived ills of Christianity on WOF don't make it WOF. For one, i saw no hope whatsoever on the thread when you and co seriously shied away from any point blanks preferring rather to discuss the dead and largely unknown.
^^^
Ghen-ghen delivered at 2:03am October 26
- I dont know why you put the wrong time up there, the time was 2:02am and not yet 2:59am October 26.

"Please point out one or two places i so said. i'm alive and here oh" by Image123

Is that not you in BOLD?

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 3:09am On Oct 26, 2014
Image123:
You should also see the discrepancy in what you wrote. Jesus is the best na.
As you like it.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 4:44am On Oct 26, 2014
BabaGnoni:

^^^
Ghen-ghen delivered at 2:03am October 26
- I dont know why you put the wrong time up there, the time was 2:02am and not yet 2:59am October 26.

"Please point out one or two places i so said. i'm alive and here oh" by Image123

Is that not you in BOLD?

Your time is wrong, are you in Sierra Leone?
You delivered zero. None of those my posts say NONE of these fakeries and detestable acts happen locally. You understand English i'm sure?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:26am On Oct 26, 2014
Image123:

You delivered zero. None of those my posts say NONE of these fakeries and detestable acts happen locally. You understand English i'm sure?

Certainly, reading and comprehension skills is a deficiency with some folks here. Image, you were really waiting? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 26, 2014
BabaGnoni:

You've remembered your ancestry and have been itching to spew that out. Right?
What happened? Had you outgrown your old skin?
Peele. Aggression comes with skin shedding.
It didn't take you that long to grovel from down the dust you are in
You seem to know so much about the devil. I wonder why, like as if I don't already know
I wouldn't stoop down to your level, not even to help you up from the dirt you are in
Go and feed on other dust. I am God's property, don't mess with me
Deal with the book, rather than derailing the thread further with you and your cohorts.

@Gombs, no mind me jare, i just want to put this funny bloke where he belongs.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 7:44am On Oct 26, 2014
Bidam:
Deal with the book, rather than derailing the thread further with you and your cohorts.

Ok then, let's see again a few things from the book:

First it should be noted that these are Hagin's views. The Bible still stands as the supreme authority

I want to home in on this:
"There are a number of teachings and practices in the Church today, particularly among Charismatic groups, that can lead to misunderstandings and hurtful problems. Many times, these errors are the result of people taking a Bible verse, or part of a verse, out of context or by carrying an application too far. Sometimes there has been an overzealous attempt to make a New Testament application of some Old Testament phrase or technicality that absolutely does not apply. Taken to the extreme, these teachings can become abuses and false practices."

Chapter one 
Determine in your heart to put spiritual things first and to esteem earthly things lightly. Put God first, even before your own self. You'll be blessed spiritually, physically, and in every way—you and your family as well.

Do WoF congregations put spiritual things first? By the way, what are the spiritual things they should put first? What are the earthly things they should esteem lightly?

Where in reality are their emphasis?

Chapter two
After the Lord showed me this, He said, "Whatever you need, you just claim it."
Does anywhere in the Bible, particularly the NT, corroborate this?
At the end of this chapter what 'AUTHORITY IN THE AREA OF FINANCES' can we glean from the NT regarding the Christian?

Angels Are Ministering Spirits - under whose authority? How did Jesus use them? How did Paul and other apostles use them? Any scriptural backing?

WAS JESUS POOR?
What kind of offering did the parents present at his dedication? (Luke 2:24, Leviticus 12:8

"For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sokes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich."
- 2 Corinthians 8:9
So 'poor' and 'poverty' here are not talking about material lack (it has to do with something spiritual?) yet 'rich' in the same text refers to abundant physical provisions and prosperity? Whao! 

Again, and it needs repeating, Jesus' ministry is like no one else'. His ministry was unique. 

On the one hand Hagin said: "The idea that God wants His children poor, having no material things, is totally unscriptural."
Then he went on to say: "In short, material wealth can be connected to the blessings of God or it can be totally disconnected from the blessings of God. Certainly, financial prosperity is not an infallible gauge of a person's spirituality. 

How many WoF devotees today actually go all out to:
"Interpret the Word of God Correctly

Please understand that I am not trying to be cynical, nor am I trying to take away anyone's faith concerning God meeting his needs. But I believe it is important that we be realistic and sound in what we teach. We must "rightly divide" the Word of God and carefully seek the truth in interpreting the Scriptures."

When the issue of Logos and Rhema comes up or like even came up severally in this Hagin's book 'the spirit said' or 'the Lord told me' where lies the objective interpretation of God's word?

Do WoF advocates truly believe this:
"Overemphasizing or adding to what the Bible actually teaches invariably does more harm than good." ?

Hagin said:
"Making a New Testament application of Old Testament technicalities violates every principle of Bible interpretation, especially when there isn't a single New Testament usage of the word "firstfruits" in the context in which it is being preached by some ministers."
But he and other WoF advocates fail to use this same mindset to look at the issue of Tithing. Why, one may ask, is this so?

How many WoF devotees will agree with this:
"Another crucially important issue is that ministers should never suggest or lead people to believe that prosperity means conspicuous, lavish wealth. It simply is not true that everyone who has faith for prosperity will live in a palace, drive a luxurious car, and dress in expensive, designer-label clothes.
Prosperity is relative. For some people, being able to pay their bills and provide the basic comforts of life for their families would be a great blessing—a definite step up. "

Hope these are enough food for thought for now on the book. BTW, those crying wolf over the derailing of the thread should also NOTE that when they veer off into comments on other people's thread in this same thread they are doing the same thing they accuse others of.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 7:56am On Oct 26, 2014
^^
I was about replying you concisely, but when I saw you doubted angels are miniistering spirits under the authority of a believer in Christ Jesus! Even though Hagin gave you scriprures? I didn't want to continue the use of greek words to explain somethings, because folks are having trouble understanding english already... I just decided to let you wallow in your ignorance! Oh! How I wish God will open your eyes to see how angels assigned to you await instructions from you, but guess what? He never will, till you understand why angels are angels.

But why is it that most of you have reading and comprehension problems? I must say Drummaboy and Kunle looks a bit sharper than the rest, who seem irredeemably dim witted.

I don dey go church.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 8:25am On Oct 26, 2014
Image123:

Have it your way. As you wish, however your insinuations are up there in black and white (e.g. i've NEVER seen this (LAUGHTER) in Nigeria) for all to read

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 8:30am On Oct 26, 2014
Bidam:

First he started the goading and spoiling for a fight. Bringing on the thread unrelated things.
Now slyly pretending not to want to derail the thread further.
This is no gentleman but one lacking integrity.
Someone pained and having a score to settle
hence the "Good morn. Mr. 'Serpent sleeping with eve heretic" comment
Playing your favorite remark card as usual, always, especially out of desperation.
I doff my hat to you SMH

@trustman, are you minding them, people read and know who instigated etc

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 26, 2014
Gombs:
^^
Oh! How I wish God will open your eyes to see how angels assigned to you await instructions from you

Do you mind sharing with us where you got this idea?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 11:13am On Oct 26, 2014
Image123 is pettiness incarnate. She tried to blackmail Goshen by digging a 2006 thread and reminding him that she now knows him

BabaGnoni:

First he started the goading and spoiling for a fight. Bringing on the thread unrelated things.
Now slyly pretending not to want to derail the thread further.
This is no gentleman but one lacking integrity.
Someone pained and having a score to settle
hence the "Good morn. Mr. 'Serpent sleeping with eve heretic" comment
Playing your favorite remark card as usual, always, especially out of desperation.
I doff my hat to you SMH

@trustman, are you minding them, people read and know who instigated etc
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 11:18am On Oct 26, 2014
Lobeez:

Do you mind sharing with us where you got this idea?

[NLT] Hebrews 1:14 Therefore, angels are only servants —spirits sent to care for people who will inherit salvation.

It's not an idea, it's in the good book. Read it and help your ignorance. If servants care for someone, it means they take instructions from the one they care for. Eg, the servants of GEJ who take care of him, who do you think give the other institutions? Now, God is the big boss, he can send them to instruct us. Eg if God sends Gabriel to me, my angels would have to stand down. It's called hierarchy. Go study

I love this translation

What are all the angels? They are spirits sent to serve those who are going to receive salvation.

Why was this possible? Simple

Romans 8:17
Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 11:21am On Oct 26, 2014
vooks:
Image123 is pettiness incarnate. She tried to blackmail Goshen by digging a 2006 thread and reminding him that she now knows him

Are you sure you are ok?
undecided

1. Image is not a she
2. If it's the post I made for him to correct, about his addresses and phone number, then, I am most certain, more than ever, that you have reading and comprehension disability.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 11:29am On Oct 26, 2014
Gombs:
Are you sure you are ok?
undecided

1. Image is not a she
2. If it's the post I made for him to correct, about his addresses and phone number, then, I am most certain, more than ever, that you have reading and comprehension disability.

^^^
a private message (i.e. PM) would have served the purpose

@vooks, don't know why, sometimes they use underhand tactics.
Sneaky and dishonestly, like the one done on Goshen360 or Bidam's own, in order to gain advantage(s)

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 11:34am On Oct 26, 2014
My bad and apologies to image123. A PM could have done the job don't you think so?
You was trying to draw attention to Goshen's private details by pretending to care.
I read from trustman that you went for DrummaBoy with everything you got. In fact I see some negroes mocking Winsomex calling him aka DrummaBoy

The only thing you can mentor me on is being thick and blind whenever I approach painful truth.

PS: What is Hagin's stand on firstfruits?

Gombs:

Are you sure you are ok?
undecided

1. Image is not a she

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 11:38am On Oct 26, 2014
BabaGnoni:

^^^

@vooks, don't know why, sometimes they use underhand tactics, dishonestly, like Bidam or et al, in order to gain an advantage

Excuse me! A pm? Really? Reading and comprehension problems has been persistent in your camp. If for threads past, vooks still think image123 is feminine or that he was too in a haste to criticise, that he forgot I made the post, then, my friend Babagnoni, I think common sense has failed you too.

I should PM him abi? Now public rebuke did not sound ok as you lot advocate? I was waiting for this moment for someone to remotely him private correction, and here you are, meek and pious. I did not rebuke him, not correct him, I simply wanted to show how reading and comprehension has been in deficiency in your camp. Call the to order, send them a PM.

Thanks. Happy Sunday. wink

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 11:41am On Oct 26, 2014
@BabaGnoni,

Thank you for warning me. I salute these 'gorilla' tactics since they prove something. If they were goDs, they would dispatch curses on us 'enemies of the truth'. But they know that's BS and it don't work outside the four corners of their prayer closet.

I had a refreshing debate with a WOFer who tried to convince me that Doctors treats but God heals hence medical science is compatible with divine-health utopia. I needed how satanists and pagans get well in hospitals without ANY healing faith and whether faith was necessary for medical science 'miracles'. She blew a fuse cheesy grin

BabaGnoni:

^^^

@vooks, don't know why, sometimes they use underhand tactics, dishonestly, like the one done on Goshen360 or Bidam's own, in order to gain advantage(s)

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 11:48am On Oct 26, 2014
You are a A CERTIFIED full-blown board idio.t for comparing a PM to a private rebuke.
The purpose of warning him is to prevent the existing public information (error) from leaking and be used against him. You did exactly opposite by reminding all of his publicly available confidential details,something you could have avoided by a simple PM

Am all for the most stress free rebuke while your camp has created all imaginable barriers to correcting your goDs including NEVER correcting them, limiting rebuking them to 'leaders' and so forth. I will remind you that Oyaks is divorcing NOW but many in his circles saw it coming and couldn't do nothing because of is very doctrine

Gombs:

Excuse me! A pm? Really? Reading and comprehension problems has been persistent in your camp. If for threads past, vooks still think image123 is feminine or that he was too in a haste to criticise, that he forgot I made the post, then, my friend Babagnoni, I think common sense has failed you too.

I should PM him abi? Now public rebuke did not sound ok as you lot advocate? I was waiting for this moment for someone to remotely him private correction, and here you are, meek and pious. I did not rebuke him, not correct him, I simply wanted to show how reading and comprehension has been in deficiency in your camp. Call the to order, send them a PM.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 11:52am On Oct 26, 2014
Gombs:

Excuse me! A pm? Really? Reading and comprehension problems has been persistent in your camp.
If for threads past, vooks still think image123 is feminine or that he was too in a haste to criticise, that he forgot I made the post, then, my friend Babagnoni, I think common sense has failed you too.

I should PM him abi? Now public rebuke did not sound ok as you lot advocate? I was waiting for this moment for someone to remotely him private correction, and here you are, meek and pious.
I did not rebuke him, not correct him, I simply wanted to show how reading and comprehension has been in deficiency in your camp.
Call the to order, send them a PM.

Some great length you went to simply what to show or prove a point. What an effort.
No one is fooled, yall usual way of doing things, especially, when on the receiving end, is to launch covert attacks
- the Goshen360 one and Bidam's remark, done out of desperation, are examples

Thanks. Happy Sunday and let's move on. wink

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 11:58am On Oct 26, 2014
vooks:

My bad and apologies to image123. A PM could have done the job don't you think so?

A PM? How pathetic! So now, public rebuke was not palatable? Now, if Paul rebuked Peter thus as you guys thought he did, Peter would have moaned as you are already. Meeeehn, I was waiting for this example.

Next time, I would send a PM cheesy

You was trying to draw attention to Goshen's private details by pretending to care.

Quit being cynical. If I didn't care, I'd have not brought it up, if I had malicious intentions, I'd have done alot with those details, but I didn't, was it a crime to let him know of his details on a public forum? Even as I put the link here in a hidden format, even recommended a solution? It was only known to those who'd click? Na wa o

I read from trustman that you went for DrummaBoy with everything you got. In fact I see some negroes mocking Winsomex calling him aka DrummaBoy

Me? Heheheheheh, Drummaboy had a blog na, every body could easily know. I don't poach for memebers details and put it here, else, I know alot of you all full names and occupation, from nora to christembassey to Goshen to Pastorkun to shedemidemi etc. Don’t make me put you on my radar. wink

The only thing you can mentor me on is being thick and blind whenever I approach painful truth.

Eyaa... grin

PS: What is Hagin's stand on firstfruits?

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 12:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
vooks:
You are a A CERTIFIED full-blown board idio.t for comparing a PM to a private rebuke.
The purpose of warning him is to prevent the existing public information (error) from leaking and be used against him. You did exactly opposite by reminding all of his publicly available confidential details,something you could have avoided by a simple PM

Am all for the most stress free rebuke while your camp has created all imaginable barriers to correcting your goDs including NEVER correcting them, limiting rebuking them to 'leaders' and so forth. I will remind you that Oyaks is divorcing NOW but many in his circles saw it coming and couldn't do nothing because of is very doctrine

grin grin grin
He doesn't know what P in PM means! Dear Lord!

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
BabaGnoni:

Some great length you went to simply what to show or prove a point. What an effort.
No one is fooled, yall usual way of doing things, especially, when on the receiving end, is to launch covert attacks
- the Goshen360 one and Bidam's remark, done out of desperation, are examples

Thanks. Happy Sunday and let's move on. wink

Aii, let's move on! But may God’s curse be on me if I had any malicious intentions for drawing Goshen' attention to that thread. Covert attacks! Hillarious

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 12:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
Gombs:
A PM? How pathetic! So now, public rebuke was not palatable?
Now, if Paul rebuked Peter thus as you guys thought he did, Peter would have moaned as you are already.
Meeeehn, I was waiting for this example.

Next time, I would send a PM cheesy

Quit being cynical. If I didn't care, I'd have not brought it up, if I had malicious intentions, I'd have done alot with those details, but I didn't, was it a crime to let him know of his details on a public forum? Even as I put the link here in a hidden format, only known to those who'd click? Na wa o

Me? Heheheheheh, Drummaboy had a blog na, every body could easily know. I don't poach for memebers details and put it here, else, I know alot of you all full names and occupation, from nora to christembassey to Goshen to shedemidemi etc. Don’t make me put you on my radar. wink

Eyaa... grin
grin grin

^^^
Listen to yourself...
Everyone knew about those details, obviously you only recently knew.
The chap himself knows it's out there. It doesn't bother him which is why he left it as it is
The chap's details aren't harming anyone, the chap wasn't scamming anyone with the details.
Obviously there is an ulterior motive for doing this and hiding behind "Paul rebuked Peter" made it more enticing to go ahead
Why you bothered to splash the link on this thread for a wider public consumption and what you were trying to achieve doing that, no one will really know
Even added insult to injury, by gloating that you now know how the chap looks like

- which obviously is incorrect, as the chap is not featured at all on the thread

The state of your heart and mind is worrisome for you to think and say "I'd have done a lot with those details, but I didn't, was it a crime to let him know of his details on a public forum?"

Check yourself or rein yourself in, before it is too late because this your remark "I know a lot of you, all full names and occupation, from nora to christembassey to Goshen to shedemidemi etc. Don’t make me put you on my radar" is crazy and frightening

The evil smug grinning at the end is sickening too.

PS: Yeah, let's go back to the candy store, and have another Midas Touch treat. You're keeping us waiting. Chop chop.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
^^
Now, at least, I laughed heartily. You have a fantastic sense of humour. Yeah, I'm on the midas book now. In the pipeline!

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 2:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
Gombs:
^^
I was about replying you concisely, but when I saw you doubted angels are miniistering spirits under the authority of a believer in Christ Jesus! Even though Hagin gave you scriprures? I didn't want to continue the use of greek words to explain somethings, because folks are having trouble understanding english already... I just decided to let you wallow in your ignorance! Oh! How I wish God will open your eyes to see how angels assigned to you await instructions from you, but guess what? He never will, till you understand why angels are angels.

But why is it that most of you have reading and comprehension problems? I must say Drummaboy and Kunle looks a bit sharper than the rest, who seem irredeemably dim witted.

I don dey go church.
What is/are the name(s) of the angel(s) assigned to you?
How do you give them orders?

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 26, 2014
Gombs:

[NLT] Hebrews 1:14 Therefore, angels are only servants —spirits sent to care for people who will inherit salvation.

It's not an idea, it's in the good book. Read it and help your ignorance. If servants care for someone, it means they take instructions from the one they care for. Eg, the servants of GEJ who take care of him, who do you think give the other institutions? Now, God is the big boss, he can send them to instruct us. Eg if God sends Gabriel to me, my angels would have to stand down. It's called hierarchy. Go study

I love this translation

What are all the angels? They are spirits sent to serve those who are going to receive salvation.

Why was this possible? Simple

Romans 8:17
Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

SMH undecided
Now you get to the point where you had to give examples and what!!! NO Examples from the good book grin grin
So who's the ignorant one huh!

So tell me what kind of instructions do Christians give to angels, examples from the good book please wink

While you are at it, you may also want to check out some commentaries.
here's one from one of your favourite commentaries:

Pulpit Commentary:
Verse 14. - Are they not all, etc.? A final expression, adduced in contrast, of the position and office of the angels, as seen above. The A.V. suggests the idea, not conveyed by the Greek, of guardian angels. The more correct translation is, Are they not all ministering (λειτουργικὰ) spirits, for service (εἰς διακονίαν) sent forth, on account of those who are to (διὰ τοὺς μέλλοντας) inherit salvation? The allusion is generally to their office of subordinate ministration in furtherance of the Divine purposes of human salvation; the continuance of such office being denoted by the present participle, αποστελλόμενα.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 2:33pm On Oct 26, 2014
trustman:

What is/are the name(s) of the angel(s) assigned to you?
How do you give them orders?

Don't mind him and his demonic practices. So what's the difference btw you and the white garment people who names angels?

That scriptures he quoted clearly stated that angels are "sent to care" or "sent to serve" God's people. The question Gombs should answer is who is doing the sending? God or the saint? I hope we won't have to resort to another "rebuke before elders" sort of debate to understand that it is God that sends angels to care for saints by his sovereign will and not us calling angels as if we are practising metaphysics or occultism.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.