Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (207651 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 2:33pm On Oct 26, 2014
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
Gombs, I strongly believe Lobeez is SirJohn. Use that insanely intelligent techy mind of yours to prove my hypothesis right grin

As for the Public rebuke crew. Maybe you should start by telling us how Eve had sex with a serpent. And if you believe she didn't, why not publicly rebuke the oaf that mouthed off such gross inanity?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
[size=20pt]CHAPTER 8: TWENTY-FOUR PRINCIPLES FROM THE EPISTLES REGARDING MONEY, GIVING, AND RECEIVING[/size]

I am a great advocate of the New Testament, especially the Epistles. Throughout my years in the ministry, I've tried to keep every Bible I've ever used. One was destroyed by mildew in storage, but I have all the others. If you examined all those Bibles, you would notice that the pages in the back where the Epistles are found are worn much more than the rest.

Don't misunderstand me. I read and teach the entire Bible— from cover to cover. But many years ago I discovered that the Epistles (or letters from the Apostles) spoke to me in a direct and pointed way. They were written to Christians—and that includes me! [/b]So I decided to live in and by the Epistles.

The Old Testament was all the Bible there was for centuries. It was the Bible Jesus quoted from in His ministry. [b] The Old Testament is valuable to me because it teaches me about God, the early history of the world, and how God dealt with His chosen people, the Jews. It contains the Law and the Prophets, the Psalms and Proverbs. I appreciate the Old Testament and benefit from it, but it was not written to me.

The four Gospels are tremendous, recording the ministry and teachings of Jesus. By reading the Gospel accounts, I know about the birth of our Lord, His travels, His miracles, His teachings, His prayers, His death and resurrection. The Gospels present the plan of salvation and Christ's Great Commission to evangelize the world. I love the Gospels, but they were written for me, not to me.

The Acts of the Apostles is a detailed history of the Early Church. It talks about the first believers receiving the baptism in the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost and how churches were established throughout the known world. But again, Acts was written for me, not to me.
But when I read the Epistles, I find that they are letters written to the Church—to people who are born-again believers, trying to live their daily lives according to the teachings of the Lord. These letters provide specific teachings I need to understand—guidance, direction, and correction I can use in my own situations.

Many times as I read them I get the feeling that the author,moved upon by the inspiration of the Holy Ghost, looked down through the centuries and saw me struggling to find my way and said, "Go this direction! Follow this example."

Just to be sure we understand that the Epistles are addressed to us, several of the Apostles emphasized that they were writing to a wider audience than the original addressees. For example, in First Corinthians 1:2, Paul addressed a letter saying, "Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to he saints, WITH ALL THAT IN EVERY PLACE CALL UPON THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD. . . ." That "all in every place" includes you and me.

In his letter "to the saints at Ephesus," Paul also included, "... and to the faithful in Christ Jesus" (Eph. 1:1) . Thank God, I'm trying to be faithful, aren't you? So this letter is written to me.
The Apostle James addressed his letter, ". . . to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad . . . " (James 1:1).
And Peter addressed one of his letters ". . . to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 1:1).

So to me, the Epistles are a little bit extra special. I feel as though their teaching has great relevance to us today who are members of the Body of Christ. I've always found the teaching of the Epistles to be right to the point, clear, and unmistakable.
In this chapter, I have included twenty-four principles from the Epistles that relate to out general topic of money, giving, and prosperity. What the Apostles have to say is so plain that it requires very little commentary, so most of the text that follows
is Scripture. And sometimes I compare two or more versions or translations of the same passage.

[size=20pt] 1. Believers are not able to give anything to God that did not originate with God.[/size]

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
—Romans 11:33-35

Montgomery's translation of verse 35 says, "Who has first given to Him, So as to receive payment in return?"
This makes it clear that we are not to demand that God give us what we want. God in His graciousness has already provided everything for us.
The Old Testament tells how David wanted to see a house, or temple, built for God and how he collected a generous offering from his personal wealth and from the prosperity of the people of Israel. They amassed an enormous amount of gold, silver, precious stones, and other materials needed for the task. Then David prayed this eloquent prayer:

Thine, O Lord, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: FOR ALL THAT IS IN THE HEAVEN AND IN THE EARTH IS THINE; thine is the kingdom, O Lord, and thou art exalted as head above all. Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all. Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name. But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly after this sort? FOR ALL THINGS COME OF THEE, AND OF THINE OWN HAVE WE GIVEN THEE. . . . O LORD OUR GOD, ALL THIS STORE THAT WE HAVE PREPARED TO BUILD THEE AN HOUSE FOR THINE HOLY NAME COMETH OF THINE OWN HAND, AND IS ALL THINE OWN.

—1 Chronicles 29:11-14,16

Remember, too, that in First Corinthians 10:26 and 28, Paul declares that the "earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof."
Both the Old and New Testaments recognize God as the Creator and Possessor of all things. Having given God something does not entitle one to arrogantly demand that God do something in return. Rather, giving is to be done worshipfully, recognizing that whatever we give to God was originally created by Him and then given to us. Therefore, the proper attitude for giving is one of worship and gratitude.

[size=20pt] 2. Some believers operate in a special grace of giving. [/size] *** Gbam (We aint just showing off)

Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: HE THAT GIVETH, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that showeth mercy, with cheerfulness.
—Romans 12:6-8

These are not ministerial offices like those listed in Ephesians chapter 4. Rather, they are simply special inclinations found in certain believers based on "extra grace" in a given area. For example, all believers are called upon by God to be merciful, but some have an extra grace in this area.
Some believers are given special grace and abound especially in the area of giving. But this does not excuse other believers from their basic responsibility of giving.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 3:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
[size=20pt] 3. Believers are called upon to be diligent in business. [/size]

Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord.
—Romans 12:11

Montgomery's translation of this verse reads, "In your diligence be free from sloth. . . ."
While the Apostle Paul touches on this important topic, the Book of Proverbs is full of admonitions that apply to every believer. Believers cannot expect to prosper if they are not diligent and responsible in discharging their duties in life.

[size=20pt] 4. Believers are called upon to be responsible toward their financial obligations. [/size]

For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very dung. Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. OWE NO MAN ANY THING, BUT TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER: FOR HE THAT LOVETH ANOTHER HATH FULFILLED THE LAW.
—Romans 13:6-8

Weymouth's translation of verse 8 says, "Leave no debt unpaid except the standing debt of mutual love."

[size=20pt] 5. Believers have a duty to minister financially to those who have spiritually blessed them. [/size]

But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints. For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem. It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.
—Romans 15:25-27

Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
—Galatians 6:6

The Phillips translation of Galatians 6:6 says, "The man under Christian instruction should be willing to contribute toward the livelihood of his teacher."

[size=20pt] 6. Ministers have a right to be supported financially by their work in the ministry. [/size]

Have we not power [the right] to eat and to drink? Have we not power [the right] to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas? Or I only and Barnabas, have not we power
[the right] to forbear working? Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock? Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also? For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? Or saith he it altogether for our sokes? For our sokes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope. If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things? [The Williams version of this verse says,
"If we have sown the spiritual seed for you, is it too great for us to reap a material support from you?"] If others be partakers of this power [right] over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power [right]; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ. Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the dungs of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained mat they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel. But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.
—1 Corinthians 9:4-15

Notice that Paul stresses that ministers have the right to be supported financially . Even though in one particular circumstance Paul chose to forfeit this right rather than be accused of abusing that right, he makes a point that he and other ministers deserve to be supported.

Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine. For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.
—1 Timothy 5:17,18

The Williams version of verse 17 says, "Elders who do their duties well should be considered as deserving twice the salary they get, especially those who keep on toiling in preaching and teaching."

[size=20pt] 7. Love must motivate the believer's giving. [/size]

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
—1 Corinthians 13:3

The Modern Language translation says, "And though I give all my belongings to feed the hungry and surrender my body to be burned, but I have no love, I am not in the least benefited."

[size=20pt] 8. Christians should practice consistent and systematic giving. [/size]

Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God has prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
—1 Corinthians 16:1,2

Verse 2, according to the Norlie translation, stresses that each person's giving should be ". . . according to his financial ability."
The Living Bible says "The amount depends on how much the Lord has helped you earn."

[size=20pt] 9. Giving is a "grace" that can be exercised in the midst of challenging circumstances. Giving is reflective of a life given to God and is rooted in the Person and example of the Lord Jesus Christ. [/size] *** this is why we sow seeds when we are confronted with difficult situations. ***

Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia; How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liber' ality. For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves; Praying us with much entreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.

And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God. Insomuch that we desired Titus, that as he had begun, so he would also finish in you the same grace also. Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also. I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love. For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

—2 Corinthians 8:1-9

Verse 2 in The New English Bible reads, "The troubles they have been through have tried them hard, yet in all this they have been so exuberantly happy that from the depths of their poverty they have shown themselves lavishly open-handed."

[size=20pt][b] 10. God wants all of us to do our part and to "carry our weight" in giving. [b][/size] *** that's why i said it is not always fun giving, but we have to

But try an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that mere may be equality: As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.
—2 Corinthians 8:14,15

In this passage, Paul is specifically addressing the issue of prosperous Christians helping struggling Christians, but the concept of equality has other applications also. God wants everyone in the Church to do his or her part. Unfortunately, in many churches, a faithful few carry the financial load while others (who are able to give) are freeloaders. Because of different income levels, people might give different amounts, but God wants members of the church to have equal commitment. *** for those who think only the rich should give, everyone has something to give. ***

[size=20pt] 11. Ministers should be ethical and above reproach in their handling of church finances. [b][/size]

Avoiding this, that no man should blame us in this abundance which is administered by us: Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men.
—2 Corinthians 8:20,21

In The New English Bible, verse 20 says, "We want to guard against any criticism of our handling of this generous gift." And in the New International Version, verse 21 reads, "For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of men."

[size=20pt][b] 12. Paul clearly teaches the law of sowing and reaping.
[/size] *** for those against seed sowing, who thinks pastors are being enriched***

But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly [sorrowfully], or of necessity [under compulsion]: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work.
—2 Corinthians 9:6-8

In The Twentieth Century New Testament, verse 8 says, "God has power to shower all kinds of blessings upon you, so that, having, under all circumstances and on all occasions, all that you can need, you may be able to shower all kinds of benefits upon others."
There are other scriptures that teach this law of sowing and reaping.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; hut he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
—Galatians 6:7-9
Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction. Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning GIVING AND RECEIVING, but ye only. For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God. But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
—Philippians 4:14-19

[size=20pt] 13. Paul sought people's hearts, not their money. [/size]

Behold, the third time I am ready to come to you; and I will not be burdensome to you: FOR I SEEK NOT YOURS, BUT YOU: for the children ought not to lay up for the parents, hut the parents for the children. And I will very gladly spend and he spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved. But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless, being crafty, I caught you with guile. Did I make a gain of you by any of them whom I sent unto you? I desired Titus, and with him I sent a brother. Did Titus make a gain of you? walked we not in the same spirit? walked we not in the same steps?
—2 Corinthians 12:14-18

[size=20pt] 14. Paul was eager to give to the poor. [/size]

And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision. Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward [eager] to do.
—Galatians 2:9,10

[size=20pt] 15. Paul and John encouraged Christian charity among the brethren. [/size]

As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
—Galatians 6:10

But whoso ham this world's good, and seem his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
—1 John 3:17,18

[size=20pt] 16. Paul exemplified and taught a strong work ethic. [/size]

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
—Ephesians 4:28

Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.
—Ephesians 6:5-8

Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God: And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
—Colossians 3:22-24

For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God.
—1 Thessalonians 2:9

. . . study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your hands, as we commanded you; That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.

—1 Thessalonians 4:11,12

Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you: Not because we have not power [the right], but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that IF ANY WOULD NOT WORK, NEITHER SHOULD HE EAT. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busy-bodies . Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.
—2 Thessalonians 3:8-12

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 3:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
[size=20pt] 17. Paul advocated contentment and denounced covetousness. [/size]

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
—Philippians 4:11-13

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
—Hebrews 13:5

This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous. . . . Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre.
—1 Timothy 3:1-3,8

For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre.
—Titus 1:7

The lie of covetousness is: "If only I had more money," or "If only I had such and such, I would be happy." But contentment says, "Because of Jesus Christ, I am happy no matter what the circumstances."

[size=20pt] 18. Paul stressed the individual's responsibility to provide for his family.[/size]

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
—1 Timothy 5:8

[size=20pt] 19. Believers are not to love or trust in money. [/size]

Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. . . .

Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
—1 Timothy 6:5-10,17-19

[size=20pt] 20. Believers in the Early Church considered their material possessions of much less value than their faith. [/size]

But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions; Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used. For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.
—Hebrews 10:32-34

The Williams translation of verse 34 says, ". . . and cheerfully submitted to the violent seizure of your property, for you knew that you had in yourselves and in heaven one that was lasting."

[size=20pt] 21. Believers were strongly warned against favoritism and partiality based on wealth. [/size]

My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:

Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts? Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him? But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats? Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?
—James 2:1-7

[size=20pt] 22. Exploitation of the poor by the rich is condemned. [/size]

Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten. Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall he a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth. Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter. Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he
doth not resist you.
—James 5:1-6

[size=20pt] 23. "Making merchandise" of the saints by ministers is condemned. [/size]

And many shall follow their pernicious [highly injurious or destructive] ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned [not genuine] words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
—2 Peter 2:2,3

The Phillips translation of verse 2 says, "Many will follow their pernicious teaching and thereby bring discredit on the way of truth."
Notice some other translations of verse 3:

"Motivated by greed, they will exploit you with their counterfeit arguments" (Modem Language).
"In their covetousness they will try to make you a source of profit by their fabrications" (The Twentieth Century New Testament).
"In their greed they will exploit you with messages manufactured by themselves" (Williams).
"These teachers in their greed will tell you anything to get hold of your money" (TLB).
Second Peter chapter 2 records another passage regarding this issue.

But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children: Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.
—2 Peter 2:1246

[size=20pt] 24. God wants His children to prosper. [/size]

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
—3 John 2

Weymouth's translation of this verse says, "Dearly loved one, I pray that you may in all respects prosper and keep well."
The Twentieth Century New Testament says, "Dear friend, I pray that all may be well with you and that you may have good health."
As I mentioned in Chapter 1 of this book, some people have argued that the phrase "that thou mayest prosper" does not refer to financial prosperity.

According to both Wuest's Word Studies in the New Testament and Robertson's Word Pictures in the New Testament, the Greek word translated "prospereth" is "euodoo," which means a good road or a good journey. So at the very least, the phrase meant to have a good and prosperous journey.

No one can have a good and prosperous journey if he is broke, lacking, in poverty, and in want every step of the way. Wouldn't the wish for someone to have a prosperous journey include his having enough resources to travel safely and comfortably?

Besides, the word translated "prosper" here is the same Greek word Paul used in First Corinthians 16:2 where he instructed the believers to set aside some money each week "as God hath prospered him." So the word prosper can certainly and without doubt be used—and is used—in reference to financial prosperity.

I believe this verse clearly means that God wants His children to prosper materially, physically, and spiritually.
I pray these Bible principles selected from the Epistles will be helpful and encouraging to you. I urge you to study them carefully and refer to them often. Remember, the Epistles were written to you!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nlMediator: 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
vooks:
@BabaGnoni,
Thank you for warning me. I salute these 'gorilla' tactics since they prove something. If they were goDs, they would dispatch curses on us 'enemies of the truth'. But they know that's BS and it don't work outside the four corners of their prayer closet.
I had a refreshing debate with a WOFer who tried to convince me that Doctors treats but God heals hence medical science is compatible with divine-health utopia. I needed how satanists and pagans get well in hospitals without ANY healing faith and whether faith was necessary for medical science 'miracles'. She blew a fuse cheesy grin

So, what's your point? The view of that WOFer represents WOF? Look, if you want to have a real debate on what's the WOF stance on anything, go to what the leaders have written or said consistently about it. Is it that you attackers are not sufficiently informed about WOF or you read the materials, understand it and still choose mischief? The other time, one of you here was attacking WOF because a girl wrote checks without money in her account to back it - the same thing WOF leaders are against. You guys need to up your game big time. If these are your best shots, we might as well call it a day.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 3:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
trustman:

What is/are the name(s) of the angel(s) assigned to you?

A perfect blueprint for half witted questions. What's the name of the Holy Spirit with you?

How do you give them orders?

Hagin gave you an example. Go read! Let me give you a hint "...Ministering spirits, go make it happen... "

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
[quote author=WinsomeX post=27467279]

Don't mind him and his demonic practices. So what's the difference btw you and the white garment people who names angels?

Do you also have reading issues? Where did I name angels o! What's wrong with you all lately?

That scriptures he quoted clearly stated that angels are "sent to care" or "sent to serve" God's people. The question Gombs should answer is who is doing the sending?

I send my angels on errands...spiritual errands, don't get seizures now!

God or the saint?

Both. God is the boss that sends us all, my angels are ministering to me. Simple
[KJV] Hebrews 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
Now, I hate to use greek on you, since english is a challenge already, but, for sakes of others, the word ministering is from the greek leitourgikos (Phonetic: li-toorg-ik-os'l) relating to the performance of service, employed in ministering

Minister on the other hand is from the greek Transliteration: diakonia (Phonetic: dee-ak-on-ee'-ah) meaning service, ministering, especially of those who execute the commands of others

If you still want to be contentious, fine!

I hope we won't have to resort to another "rebuke before elders" sort of debate to understand that it is God that sends angels to care for saints by his sovereign will and not us calling angels as if we are practising metaphysics or occultism.

You are gradually getting worse than your former moniker

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2014
[quote author=mbaemeka post=27467937]
Gombs, I strongly believe Lobeez is SirJohn. Use that insanely intelligent techy mind of yours to prove my hypothesis right grin

Ummm, I doubt, SirJohn seems way smarter than Lobeez, I can tell alot from one's writings, but now you've mentioned it, I'd set to work. wink

As for the Public rebuke crew. Maybe you should start by telling us how Eve had sex with a serpent. And if you believe she didn't, why not publicly rebuke the oaf that mouthed off such gross inanity?

It's hilarious how whoever came up with that idea, came about it. I'm interested in that now, any links?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2014
BabaGnoni:

Some great length you went to simply what to show or prove a point. What an effort.
No one is fooled, yall usual way of doing things, especially, when on the receiving end, is to launch covert attacks
- the Goshen360 one and Bidam's remark, done out of desperation, are examples

Thanks. Happy Sunday and let's move on. wink

@ Gombs, vooks and BabaGnoni,

What post did Gombs drew my attention to an old thread? U tried going back on the pages but can't find non. Can anyone point me to it so I can address it.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 3:57pm On Oct 26, 2014
Gombs:

Do you also have reading issues? Where did I name angels o! What's wrong with you all lately?

Did I say you named angels? I said you are looking more like white garment people. They call angles names, while you send them on errands. Both of you are embarking on extra scriptural practices that no one sent you. It is called OCCULTISM. That's the similarity btw you and white garment folks!

Gombs:

I send my angels on errands...spiritual errands, don't get seizures now!

I have given you my own advice; you can continue, it doesn't add anything or subtract from me.

Anyway why can't you send angels on assignments? Are you not goDs?

Gombs:

Both. God is the boss that sends us all, my angels are ministering to me. Simple

That scripture didn't say both. It said "sent to care" for saints. How will saints send angels to care for themselves? The context clearly shows that it is God doing the sending.

Gombs:

You are gradually getting worse than your former moniker

I hope you will one day get over this your obsession with monickers and face issues without getting unnecessarily distracted.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
Gombs:

[NLT] Hebrews 1:14 Therefore, angels are only servants —spirits sent to care for people who will inherit salvation.

It's not an idea, it's in the good book. Read it and help your ignorance. If servants care for someone, it means they take instructions from the one they care for. Eg, the servants of GEJ who take care of him, who do you think give the other institutions? Now, God is the big boss, he can send them to instruct us. Eg if God sends Gabriel to me, my angels would have to stand down. It's called hierarchy. Go study

I love this translation

What are all the angels? They are spirits sent to serve those who are going to receive salvation.

Why was this possible? Simple

Romans 8:17
Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

SMH undecided
Now you get to the point where you had to give examples and what!!! NO Examples from the good book grin grin
So who's the ignorant one huh!

So tell me what kind of instructions do Christians give to angels, examples from the good book please wink

While you are at it, you may also want to check out some commentaries.
here's one from one of your favourite commentaries:

Pulpit Commentary:
Verse 14. - Are they not all, etc.? A final expression, adduced in contrast, of the position and office of the angels, as seen above. The A.V. suggests the idea, not conveyed by the Greek, of guardian angels. The more correct translation is, Are they not all ministering (λειτουργικὰ) spirits, for service (εἰς διακονίαν) sent forth, on account of those who are to (διὰ τοὺς μέλλοντας) inherit salvation? The allusion is generally to their office of subordinate ministration in furtherance of the Divine purposes of human salvation; the continuance of such office being denoted by the present participle, αποστελλόμενα.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 4:04pm On Oct 26, 2014
Goshen360:

@ Gombs, vooks and BabaGnoni,

What post did Gombs drew my attention to an old thread? U tried going back on the pages but can't find non. Can anyone point me to it so I can address it.

Gombs:

Your opinion is duly noted. Goshen your attention is needed here o

Please click here and tell them mods to do something about it, that's if it's necessary

Stumbled over it online, I now know what you look like sha. Cheers

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2014
Gombs:

Ummm, I doubt, SirJohn seems way smarter than Lobeez, I can tell alot from one's writings, but now you've mentioned it, I'd set to work.

grin grin It's quite baffling the way you get easily carried away with your own hype. Nora, DrummaBoy, PastorKun and even Christemmbassey have at one time or the other put their details in various posts on NL. You don't ned to be techy or whatever to know it. You only need to be observant. I know when you got your Job with your bank, the day you did your medical etc. I know the name of your bank and if it was important, i could decipher who you are from our interactions on here and my association with your church in Jos and i could get the branch you work with too. Ditto for some of your friends on here. The difference is of what use will your personal details be to me? and what will i gain from spreading them?

For instance i got Christemmbassey's phone no from a post he made on NL and we've been chatting since then. I know Nora's daughter is a health volunteer somewhere in Africa because she mentioned it and her job too. We all know DrummaBoy's history because he tried to be very open when he was seeking the truth to some questions bugging him and people thought he was a fake. We all know Kun's own because he never hid them here. I'm sure you have some about me too because i reveal somethings about myself here too.

Pls anybody can get any info you need about anybody. Keep digging if you so wish but it's very cheap to be painting a picture of an Edward Snowden.

They went on an ugly digging spree in politics section sometime ago and it wasn't pretty. pls don't start that race here. We might get angry at each other here but we are not mad. We don't have to pose a security threat to someone else because they diasagree with us and were open enough to leave some personal details here. You might be descending into a stalker. like BabaGnoni said, rein in before it becomes something else.

8 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
WinsomeX:

Thanks WinsomeX. That thread was about a family business I started BEFORE coming to the States. It's an old thread back then. I don't know Gombs intension but I don't think he meant it for evil because someone replied that old thread asking me a question which I just saw it anyway today.

But Gombs statement that he doesn't know what I look like, maybe he still think I'm that old farmer that now lives in the States grin grin grin. God had blessed and raised me beyond my very own thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2014
mbaemeka:

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
Candour:
grin grin It's quite baffling the way you get easily carried away with your own hype. Nora, DrummaBoy, PastorKun and even Christemmbassey have at one time or the other put their details in various posts on NL. You don't ned to be techy or whatever to know it. You only need to be observant. I know when you got your Job with your bank, the day you did your medical etc. I know the name of your bank and if it was important, i could decipher who you are from our interactions on here and my association with your church in Jos and i could get the branch you work with too. Ditto for some of your friends on here. The difference is of what use will your personal details be to me? and what will i gain from spreading them?

I Don't work with Diamond Bank anymore, I moved on to something more profitable! Bankers dey try sha, that na suffer suffer job, not that I'm saying it's bad.. I am not in Jos, I work away from there... my parents are there though, would go see them by December, meehn, Jtown! cheesy

If only you knew how I got some details, if only you knew! For example, unlike you, I never went through Goshen's posts, I simply stumbled on it on google while searching for grass cutters! undecided

For instance i got Christemmbassey's phone no from a post he made on NL and we've been chatting since then. I know Nora's daughter is a health volunteer somewhere in Africa because she mentioned it and her job too. We all know DrummaBoy's history because he tried to be very open when he was seeking the truth to some questions bugging him and people thought he was a fake. We all know Kun's own because he never hid them here. I'm sure you have some about me too because i reveal somethings about myself here too.

Pls anybody can get any info you need about anybody. Keep digging if you so wish but it's very cheap to be painting a picture of an Edward Snowden.

Your opinion is noted!
They went on an ugly digging spree in politics section sometime ago and it wasn't pretty. pls don't start that race here. We might get angry at each other here but we are not mad. We don't have to pose a security threat to someone else because they diasagree with us and were open enough to leave some personal details here. You might be descending into a stalker. like BabaGnoni said, rein in before it becomes something else.

Can we get back to the book?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 4:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
Gombs:

I Don't work with Diamond Bank anymore, I moved on to something more profitable! Bankers dey try sha, that na suffer suffer job, not that I'm saying it's bad.. I am not in Jos, I work away from there... my parents are there though, would go see them by December, meehn, Jtown! cheesy

If only you knew how I got some details, if only you knew! For example, unlike you, I never went through Goshen's posts, I simply stumbled on it on google while searching for grass cutters! undecided

Of course banking na suffer suffer Job. Na the money no allow person complain but even the money is chicken feed when you get else where as i found out myself. Thank God for you

Any how you found out makes no difference my bro. Just chill

Your opinion is noted!

good

after you bro

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2014
Gombs:
^^
I was about replying you concisely, but when I saw you doubted angels are miniistering spirits under the authority of a believer in Christ Jesus! Even though Hagin gave you scriprures? I didn't want to continue the use of greek words to explain somethings, because folks are having trouble understanding english already... I just decided to let you wallow in your ignorance! Oh! How I wish God will open your eyes to see how angels assigned to you await instructions from you, but guess what? He never will, till you understand why angels are angels.

But why is it that most of you have reading and comprehension problems? I must say Drummaboy and Kunle looks a bit sharper than the rest, who seem irredeemably dim witted.

I don dey go church.
Amazing!!
Just because of one area of "doubt" you want to let me "wallow" in ignorance?

I take it that you have seen a 'CONVENIENT REASON' to avoid the issues again.
One of yours talked about derailing the thread and called for going back to the book.
I did and now what do we find? A flimsy excuse to run away!
Out of a dozen issues i presented only one is making you 'take cover'!
So simply because i appear to have a divergent view to you (as if it is the first time)
you want to 'use' that as a reason not to FACE REALITY.

Did you see my first few words? The Word of God is the ultimate authority on any issue.
And that word must be the rightly divided word. Now, use your Greek on that passage Hagin
quoted and see for yourself what it comes to.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2014
Gombs:

Your opinion is noted!

It's okay brother. We might disagree but you still be my boy.... grin grin grin. God lift people in life and many are experiencing such. You, me and many here and around the world are evidence of such. It's good to hear you moving higher in life too. Homecoming for me, next year, hopefully we'll meet.

If you want any help or information on Grasscutter farming, I still get anointing for that area o. grin. I can be of help anytime if you don't mind anyway.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
Candour:

Wow... you don't say Candour. How did the matter at politics get resolved? Politics sha... only second to religion section. There was a time we had issues with one chap called Beef before the 2011 elections. We were almost threatning to assassinate each other o. By that time I said to myself "o to ge" (it's enough).

Now, Beef is a big boy in Abuja ... chai!

lol.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 6:33pm On Oct 26, 2014
Am not here to mother you nor offer free comprehension courses sir!

That's a typical inconsistency on WOFers. Always rationalizing their acts when reality shatters their utopia.They don't take medicines because 'by His stripes we are healed' BUT when they do, Jesus is healing them through the medium of pagan medical doctors cheesy

nlMediator:

So, what's your point? The view of that WOFer represents WOF? Look, if you want to have a real debate on what's the WOF stance on anything, go to what the leaders have written or said consistently about it. Is it that you attackers are not sufficiently informed about WOF or you read the materials, understand it and still choose mischief? The other time, one of you here was attacking WOF because a girl wrote checks without money in her account to back it - the same thing WOF leaders are against. You guys need to up your game big time. If these are your best shots, we might as well call it a day.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 6:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
goD mbaemeka before whom Christ must kneel and BEG to take home lest he lives forever,
Using your heightened spiritual gifts, please discern vooks cheesy

Who said Eve had sex with the serpent?

And I noted you could not withstand my wisdom in dividing Galatians 2:14. May be like Jehovah's witnesses you can consult with your higher-ups. That is their last line of defense when cornered.
mbaemeka:

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 7:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
vooks:

Don't mind them o. It is Bidam's invention which he uses to accuse BabaGnoni when he runs out of gas to prosecute his position on any thread. He has been asked time without number to provide the said quote and he has not been able to.

Unfortunately, mbaemeka has caught the bug.

4 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2014
Interesting goDs these are.
1. Digressing (Gombs)
2. Intimidation and blackmail (Gombs again)
3. Playing dumb like Gombs on First-fruits. (Mbaemeka is far more intelligent, won't comment grin)

Human traditions are powerful; they'd defend them with their very lives but I can see troubled consciences beneath the fake bravado

WinsomeX:

Don't mind them o. It is Bidam's invention which he uses to accuse BabaGnoni when he runs out of gas to prosecute his position on any thread. He has been asked time without number to provide the said quote and he has not been able to.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2014
vooks:
goD mbaemeka before whom Christ must kneel and BEG to take home lest he lives forever,
Using your heightened spiritual gifts, please discern vooks cheesy
And I noted you could not withstand my wisdom in dividing Galatians 2:14. May be like Jehovah's witnesses you can consult with your higher-ups. That is their last line of defense when cornered.

My dear, it is the same sweeping delusion all around. Those who see past their noses let the issue rest. The one's with the all too often dumb points kept clutching and I kept wondering if they could actually read. How do I explain the "Paul rebuked Peter in Galatia" to "Yes, I meant Antioch but he wrote it to the Galatians" to "Paul rebuked Peter in front of them all" (them all meaning a drove of people) and when spotted out it mutates to "Paul rebuked Peter in front of Jewish leaders" as though that was not the point that I had been trying to communicate with my very post on the issue. What even makes it worse is that he had the temerity to ask me for my source when I basically summarised Acts 10-15.

If there is a point you want to pass with the Galatians 2:14 reference please be vivid with it while we compare it with all you started with and what I have said all through. Maybe you would finally learn something.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 7:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
[quote author=Gombs post=27468762][/quote]

If they're different people I will be greatly surprised. I have been on NL since the 2007s albeit as a guest. Both men have the same stories and facts almost to the Tee. I know what I'm saying grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
WinsomeX:

No need to play the devil's advocate. Let the culprit deny the "accusations" if they are unsubstantiated along with the one about the Tower of Babel being mythical and many other out-of-thought gaffs and goofs.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 8:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
goD mbaemeka,
Start by showing WHEN/WHERE I said Paul rebuked Peter in Galatia. Paste it

If you have anything on my debunking of your 'private rebuke infont of leaders' nonsensical and obviously regurgitated theory please respond to that post.

Posted verbatim. They told me repetition is for emphasis
vooks:
Needless diatribe. And you are not honest enough to quote your sources but I wouldn't be surprised to find that you are regurgitating verbatim the very guys you are defending cheesy

THEM ALL I have simply identified as ALL those who joined Peter in the hypocrisy.
And are you sure we have Paul's rebuke in its entirety?

Here are all imaginable renderings of verse 14
[url]https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Galatians%202:14[/url]

None come close to propping your phoney theories. You can't possibly use pronoun 'them' or 'they' severally in one sentence and FORCE the second,third....'them' to refer to anything EARLIER than the first. Logic 101. Examples of this.

Acts 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

Acts 2:3 .And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them

Here is mbaemeka' warped illogic (brackets are his);
Galatians 2:14 (NKJV) | In Context | Whole Chapter

14 But when I saw that they (Peter and other Jews) were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them (the visiting Jews)all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews?

Do you see how little to no sense that would make? What would drive the reader to conclude that THEM should b identified not with the immediate THEY but with an earlier THEM? Is that logical even by Nigerian Pidgin?

And do you note how many groups have just been mentioned just before verse 14 in v13 and 13? We have the following
1. Them of the Circumcision
2. Gentiles
3. Certain from James
4. Other Jews
What criteria would a reader use to pick 3. and ignore the rest as being referred by the THEM of verse 14?

I like Young's Literal Translation
Galatians 2:14 (YLT) | In Context | Whole Chapter

14 But when I saw that they are not walking uprightly to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before all, `If thou, being a Jew, in the manner of the nations dost live, and not in the manner of the Jews, how the nations dost thou compel to Judaize?

Peter was rebuked BEFORE everyone. If Paul was more discrete with the rebuke,don't you think he would have resisted divulging this rebuke including the very words he used to the whole world? Supposing mbaemeka deems himself a leader enough to rebuke Oyaks. He does just that very privately in presence of other leaders avoiding the rank and file of the Body of Christ, the babes and fetuses grin. Then he broadcasts the rebuke and the occasion to the whole world. Does that not defeat the very purpose of being discrete in the first place?

mbaemeka:

My dear, it is the same sweeping delusion all around. Those who see past their noses let the issue rest. The one's with the all too often dumb points kept clutching and I kept wondering if they could actually read. How do I explain the "Paul rebuked Peter in Galatia" to "Yes, I meant Antioch but he wrote it to the Galatians" to "Paul rebuked Peter in front of them all" (them all meaning a drove of people) and when spotted out it mutates to "Paul rebuked Peter in front of Jewish leaders" as though that was not the point that I had been trying to communicate with my very post on the issue. What even makes it worse is that he had the temerity to ask me for my source when I basically summarised Acts 10-15.

If there is a point you want to pass with the Galatians 2:14 reference please be vivid with it while we compare it with all you started with and what I have said all through. Maybe you would finally learn something.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 8:10pm On Oct 26, 2014
And of course for consistency sake no names nor threads will be produced grin grin

mbaemeka:

No need to play the devil's advocate. Let the culprit deny the "accusations" if they are unsubstantiated along with the one about the Tower of Babel being mythical and many other out-of-thought gaffs and goofs.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 8:20pm On Oct 26, 2014
mbaemeka:

He has done so time without number. It is you and Bidam that have become hard of hearing. Just provide the said quote or allow us to rest.

Very soon you people will be crying foul, saying someone is derailing a Hagin thread with WoF discusses. When you people introduce Eve and serpent to such a thread, one cannot call it DERAILing anymore. It is DELUSION.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
WinsomeX:

He has done so time without number. It is you and Bidam that have become hard of hearing. Just provide the said quote or allow us to rest.

Very soon you people will be crying foul, saying someone is derailing a Hagin thread with WoF discusses. When you people introduce Eve and serpent to such a thread, one cannot call it DERAILing anymore. It is DELUSION.

And to think that I tried to take them back to the book and none of them till now has been able respond to it. This was after all the 'Lets get back to the book' cry.
Instead of getting back it's to look for 'stealth technology' to search out information about others or a resort to issues that will cause digression from the matter at hand.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 211
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.