Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,666 members, 7,955,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:14 AM

Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin (2148 Views)

Buhari May Spend One Term In Office, ‘president Already Has A Successor In Mind’ / Buhari's One-term Pledge Tears APC Leaders Apart / Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by etunoman76(m): 6:03am On Oct 20, 2014
A chief of the All Progressives Congress, Rotimi Fashakin, said a former Head of State and presidential aspirant, Maj-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) has pledged to serve only one term of four years if he emerged as President in 2015.

Fashakin, who was the national publicity secretary of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change, told our correspondent on Sunday that Buhari would do for Nigeria what the late Nelson Mandela did for South Africa.

He said the motive behind Buhari’s fourth shot at the presidency was his desire to rescue Nigeria from corruption, stabilise it and then hand over to a younger person, who has the capacity to lead the country.

He said, “Gen. Muhammadu Buhari would do a term of four years then hand the power over to somebody younger. You can take that to the bank. He is going to be the stabilising factor in Nigeria. Nigeria needs a strong leader like Buhari, who is in the mould of Mandela, who stabilised South Africa.

“That is what Buhari is going to do and four years are enough for him to do that. After stabilising the nation, he will hand over to somebody younger, whom he would have groomed. This is why we are asking Nigerians to give Buhari a chance. He has the capacity, temperament and courage to rescue and stabilise this country. Just four years of Buhari, Nigeria will not remain the same.”

Fashakin added it would be a disservice to the entire nation if Buhari is denied the chance of governing the country in 2015.

He also said there was no doubt that Buhari would defeat President Goodluck Jonathan during the February 14, 2015 presidential election, adding that most of those who voted for Jonathan in 2011 would vote for Buhari in 2015.

Fashakin noted that there was still the possibility of Buhari’s emergence as APC’s consensus presidential candidate.

He said, “In article 20 of the APC constitution, consensus is the most preferred way of choosing our leaders because in consensus all interests are considered. That is democracy. It’s a welcome development that we are working towards a consensus.

“We pray that the best will happen in that scenario so that Nigerians can be given the benefit of enjoying a new lease of life come 2015.”

http://www.punchng.com/politics/buharill-serve-one-term-like-mandela-fashakin/
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 20, 2014
Believe this and you will believe anything

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 20, 2014
The usual people will soon be here trying to divide the people of nigeria along religious lines, stating we shouldn't vote for 2 credible combination because they are both muslims, as if it's a religious leader we are voting for.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by ramaju: 6:09am On Oct 20, 2014
Coming from a man who said he won't contest any more. Can this man be trusted?

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by gebest: 6:12am On Oct 20, 2014
U people should stop decieving us, that was what Jonathan said before, when they tast power the thing will over sweet them to the extent after 8yrs they ll stil want a tenor elongation. So u people shud stop decieving us.
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by sammieguze(m): 6:13am On Oct 20, 2014
Na so them dey tok. Make them reach there now, stori go change
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by jeffizy(m): 6:15am On Oct 20, 2014
We were made to believe Jonathan was gonna be in for just one term too.
Now, Nigerians are wiser.

Issue is not about single or double term. What we want now is a nation that works.
A country with light and water.
Where the police will not be threatening the citizens they were employed to sustain.
A Nigeria where people will not sell their votes for a pot pottage.

This is not too much to ask for. Or is it?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by Deiok(m): 6:15am On Oct 20, 2014
You trust him or not is not the issue here, what matter is to give him the chance to realy prove himself.
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by Deiok(m): 6:17am On Oct 20, 2014
jeffizy:
Believed Jonathan was gonna be in for just one term too.
Now, Nigerians are wiser.

This is not jonathan.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by davdandam(m): 6:24am On Oct 20, 2014
Even if na 5mins I won't vote for him

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by Raiders: 6:29am On Oct 20, 2014
The same man that pledged not to contested after 2011 elections. I don't trust a politician

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 20, 2014
Sai Buhari even if he asks for 1minute to rule, I shall give him whole-heartedly.

Sai APC
Sai Buhari
Sai Fashola
Sai Nigerians for the real CHANGE...

Jonathan must just go next year...enough is now fully enough.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 20, 2014
gebest:
U people should stop decieving us, that was what Jonathan said before, when they tast power the thing will over sweet them to the extent after 8yrs they ll stil want a tenor elongation. So u people shud stop decieving us.

Oga where do you stand? Don't sit on the fence...
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by PassingShot(m): 6:33am On Oct 20, 2014
chukwudi44:
Believe this and you will believe anything

Don't believe this and you will not believe anything.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 20, 2014
davdandam:
Even if na 5mins I won't vote for him

Where do you stand? Please don't sit on the wet fence...we need change, can't you see the handwriting on the walls, even in Aso Rock.
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 20, 2014
sammieguze:
Na so them dey tok. Make them reach there now, stori go change

You mean like JonaTAN?
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 20, 2014
Deiok:
You trust him or not is not the issue here, what matter is to give him the chance to realy prove himself.

Please take one portion of unripe plantain and warm tea to start your day jare.
Sai Buhari...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by davdandam(m): 6:36am On Oct 20, 2014
Keneking:

Where do you stand? Please don't sit on the wet fence...we need change, can't you see the handwriting on the walls, even in Aso Rock.
Yes I can see the handwriting. ...but this thing dey like printed letterings o and it's on Zuma rock also grin Nigerians and figures of speech sha I'd rather vote for all parties in my ballot paper and render it useless than vote apc.
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by sammieguze(m): 6:40am On Oct 20, 2014
cheesy

No be for my mouth you hear am o

Keneking:

You mean like JonaTAN?
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by 1stola: 6:45am On Oct 20, 2014
Yes we can!
I believe this man.
Sai Buhari/Fashola 2015 to 2019
and
Fashola/Donald Duke or Rochas or Kwankaso or Oshiomole or you or me. 2019 to 2023.
There is hope Nigeria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by Gboliwe: 6:59am On Oct 20, 2014
Awusa na utah (igbo saying)
No be today yansh begin dey for back (pidgin version)

Sad truth is, the bloodletting rtd and very tired general won't be getting even half a tenure. The moment he realises that, the better for him.

Isn't it ironical that this mumu actually wants us to believe he believes in the youth (younger person) yet cannot relinquish this fairytale position for one now?

The last time was tears, this time you will wail hail stone. Ajo madu.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by TeamSimple(m): 7:08am On Oct 20, 2014
Buhari from 2015 - 2019.
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by ogaofficer(m): 7:18am On Oct 20, 2014
Deiok:
guy man, uve said it all.
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by Omimah: 7:26am On Oct 20, 2014
GEJ till 2015.
GMB till 2019.
BRF from 2019 - 2027.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by harrwix(m): 7:39am On Oct 20, 2014
the truth is that most nigerian are confused on whether Jonathan or the Gen

IMO I still think Jonathan is the man for the job until the Gen can prove beyond doubt not just a one term ish.
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 20, 2014
If Buhari can perform a lot in 20months, I am absolutely sure that he'll perform excellently in 4 years. As for another term, only time will tell
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 20, 2014
1stola:
Yes we can!
I believe this man.
Sai Buhari/Fashola 2015 to 2019
and
Fashola/Donald Duke or Rochas or Kwankaso or Oshiomole or you or me. 2019 to 2023.
There is hope Nigeria.
which donald duke?
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by dridowu: 7:51am On Oct 20, 2014
One Term ? This one na story for gods
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by Arch1: 7:57am On Oct 20, 2014
Politricks
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by egift(m): 8:23am On Oct 20, 2014
I expect that 4 years is enough to make a lasting impact. I hope Buhari makes this official once he gets the APC ticket. I will like a Nigeria Contract kind of guarantee.

Nigeria, better days ahead.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by darne(m): 8:51am On Oct 20, 2014
All Hail The General - I Believe this man, everyone wants to be Respected world wide just like Mandela, I don't think GMB is messing around!!!
Re: Buhari Has Pledged To Serve One Term Like Mandela — Fashakin by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 20, 2014
Pretending to be Mandela aren't you Buhari? Sorry you are not and can never be Mandela. You are Buhari the religious bigot. You are Buhari the coupist. You are Buhari the boko haram sympathizer and supporter. You are Buhari the serial election loser. You are Buhari the lier. That's what you are and not Mandela.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch Amaechi On Focus Nigeria, Live On Ait. / How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? / ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.