Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again (2093 Views)

Presidency May Remove Jega This Week..... Saharareporters / Presidency Denies Alleged Plot To Remove Jega / Presidency Can’t Remove Jega - APC Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Franchise21(m): 8:55am On Mar 03, 2015
‎President Goodluck Jonathan has reassured Nigerians and the international community that he has no plan to sack the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Attahiru Jega, ahead of Nigeria’s general elections slated for March 28 and April 11.
Mr. Jonathan’s reassurance came amid speculation that the Federal Government, through the office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation, is plotting to send Mr. Jega on terminal leave before the elections.
Mr. Jega’s tenure ends in June but there are cl‎aims the administration plans to send him on a three-month pre-disengagement leave before the election.
The speculation were fuelled by allegations by the opposition All Progressives Congress and the anti-Jega posturing of the Peoples Democratic Party as well as groups and individuals rooting for Mr. Jonathan.
Last Thursday, senators of the APC, led by George Akume, said they had reliable Intelligence that Mr. Jega would be asked to proceed on pre-retirement leave this week through a letter that would emanate from the office of the Head of Service of the Federation.
But speaking on Monday in an interview with Aljazeera, Mr. Jonathan dispelled the speculation.
The president said INEC is a sensitive and important institution and that removing its chairman arbitrarily would spark public outcry.
“Except somebody is insinuating that the Chairman has done something wrong. You cannot change an officer, except the person has done something wrong,” Mr. Jonathan said in response to a question on Mr. Jega.
He continued, “Government, whether at the federal or state level, president or governor, does not wake up and change somebody, especially somebody like the INEC Chairman, except that person has done something wrong.
“INEC is a very sensitive body. For me to change INEC Chairman Nigerians will ask questions. So, you cannot wake up and change INEC Chairman.”
He added that he had never discussed with “any human being on earth about changing INEC Chairman”‎.
While the PDP has alleged an unholy link between the APC and the INEC boss, Mr. Jonathan’s presidential campaign has outrighly accused Mr. Jega of involvement in “grand conspiratorial alliance” with the opposition party for “electioneering permutations” and deliberately skewed distribution of permanent voter cards against states believed to be PDP strongholds.
Mr. Jega has strongly rejected the al‎legations.
Mr. Jonathan has in the past repeatedly committed to free and fair polls‎, devoid of any form of violence.
But his campaign has been especiall‎y critical of INEC of late, accusing it of partisanship, and opposing the use of card readers in the elections.
INEC plans to use the card readers to accredit ‎ voters on election day to check multiple voting and voting by proxy.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/177822-‎no-plan-to-remove-jega-preside‎nt-jonathan-says-again.html
Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 03, 2015
I actually wish I cared
Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Franchise21(m): 8:59am On Mar 03, 2015
Jega should be allowed to conduct the election. Lobatan!!!

2 Likes

Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Skako(m): 9:05am On Mar 03, 2015
Na lie u cann't be trust jorr

that is how u lie say u go give us good electricity

NEVER AGAIN in aso rock GEJ

4 Likes

Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Franchise21(m): 9:13am On Mar 03, 2015
Removing Jega will only amount to plot to rig d election by d ruling party

3 Likes

Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 03, 2015
The President has again said he has no plan to remove Prof Attahiru Jega. I think the opposition party should stop the unwanton allegation against the President. They should focus on their campaign to appeal to electorate(which will be unssuccessful anyway). As for the President, we should give him the benefit of doubt. One thing is sure, election will come and go, and the winner(Goodluck Jonathan) will be inaugurated on May 29.

2 Likes

Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by shadelek(m): 9:17am On Mar 03, 2015
APC again.... Wait ooo, no be that man without waec result wan contest? And we get DJ wey get MSc.. This country sha, wonders shall never end
Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Franchise21(m): 9:24am On Mar 03, 2015
barcanista:
The President has again said he has no plan to remove Prof Attahiru Jega. I thing the opposition party should stop the unwanton allegation against the President. They should focus on their campaign to appeal to electorate(which will be unssuccessful anyway). As for the President, we should give him the benefit of doubt. One thing is sure, election will come and go and the winner(Goodluck Jonathan) will be inaugurated in May29.
The PDP man himself

4 Likes

Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Franchise21(m): 9:24am On Mar 03, 2015
shadelek:

U miss road?

1 Like

Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by superstar1(m): 9:27am On Mar 03, 2015
barcanista:
The President has again said he has no plan to remove Prof Attahiru Jega. I thing the opposition party should stop the unwanton allegation against the President. They should focus on their campaign to appeal to electorate(which will be unssuccessful anyway). As for the President, we should give him the benefit of doubt. One thing is sure, election will come and go and the winner(Goodluck Jonathan) will be inaugurated in May29.

The same lying president told the international community that Feb 14 was sacrosanct.

He told us he was not aware of the postponement until it was implemented.

How are we sure he will not be aware again, till Jega is removed?

6 Likes

Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 03, 2015
superstar1:

The same lying president told the international community that Feb 14 was sacrosanct.

Jonathan told John Kerry that May 29 Handover date is sacrosanct. February 14 was set by INEC(not Jonathan nor the constitution) and the shift was made by INEC(of course based on advice/pressure/whatever).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Patewo: 9:31am On Mar 03, 2015
Believe this devilish liar at your own peril.

Is this not the same man who openly lied on CNN?

GEJ's words cannot be trusted. He is a certified liar.

2 Likes

Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Franchise21(m): 9:32am On Mar 03, 2015
superstar1:

Nigerian politics is filled wiv lies. So let's watch n see
Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 03, 2015
Franchise21:
The PDP man himself
My brother...

1 Like

Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Franchise21(m): 9:35am On Mar 03, 2015
barcanista:
Jonathan told John Kerry that May 29 Handover date is sacrosanct. February 14 was set by INEC(not Jonathan nor the constitution) and the shift was made by INEC(of course based on advice/pressure/whatever).
It was shifted by INEC cos of d pressure from FG

1 Like

Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Noviolence2015: 9:35am On Mar 03, 2015
Franchise21:
‎President Goodluck Jonathan has reassured Nigerians and the international community that he has no plan to sack the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Attahiru Jega, ahead of Nigeria’s general elections slated for March 28 and April 11.
Mr. Jonathan’s reassurance came amid speculation that the Federal Government, through the office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation, is plotting to send Mr. Jega on terminal leave before the elections.
Mr. Jega’s tenure ends in June but there are cl‎aims the administration plans to send him on a three-month pre-disengagement leave before the election.
The speculation were fuelled by allegations by the opposition All Progressives Congress and the anti-Jega posturing of the Peoples Democratic Party as well as groups and individuals rooting for Mr. Jonathan.
Last Thursday, senators of the APC, led by George Akume, said they had reliable Intelligence that Mr. Jega would be asked to proceed on pre-retirement leave this week through a letter that would emanate from the office of the Head of Service of the Federation.
But speaking on Monday in an interview with Aljazeera, Mr. Jonathan dispelled the speculation.
The president said INEC is a sensitive and important institution and that removing its chairman arbitrarily would spark public outcry.
“Except somebody is insinuating that the Chairman has done something wrong. You cannot change an officer, except the person has done something wrong,” Mr. Jonathan said in response to a question on Mr. Jega.
He continued, “Government, whether at the federal or state level, president or governor, does not wake up and change somebody, especially somebody like the INEC Chairman, except that person has done something wrong.
“INEC is a very sensitive body. For me to change INEC Chairman Nigerians will ask questions. So, you cannot wake up and change INEC Chairman.”
He added that he had never discussed with “any human being on earth about changing INEC Chairman”‎.
While the PDP has alleged an unholy link between the APC and the INEC boss, Mr. Jonathan’s presidential campaign has outrighly accused Mr. Jega of involvement in “grand conspiratorial alliance” with the opposition party for “electioneering permutations” and deliberately skewed distribution of permanent voter cards against states believed to be PDP strongholds.
Mr. Jega has strongly rejected the al‎legations.
Mr. Jonathan has in the past repeatedly committed to free and fair polls‎, devoid of any form of violence.
But his campaign has been especiall‎y critical of INEC of late, accusing it of partisanship, and opposing the use of card readers in the elections.
INEC plans to use the card readers to accredit ‎ voters on election day to check multiple voting and voting by proxy.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/177822-‎no-plan-to-remove-jega-preside‎nt-jonathan-says-again.html

My President has spoken. I trust his judgment but please Jega where is my PVC?
Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Franchise21(m): 9:36am On Mar 03, 2015
barcanista:
My brother...
Hope u re serzly praying for ur brother @GEJ?
Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 03, 2015
Franchise21:
Nigerian politics is filled wiv lies. So let's watch n see
Jonathan said he won't sack Jega, some people are calling him liar and devil. If he had said he will remove Jega, the same people would have tagged him dictator. If he had kept quiet, they will call him clueless. I don't know what some people want Jonathan to do. One thing I know is that Jonathan Will Be re-elected by the good people of Nigeria irrespective of tribe and religion
Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Franchise21(m): 9:38am On Mar 03, 2015
Noviolence2015:

My President has spoken. I trust his judgment but please Jega where is my PVC?
Na Jega hold ur PVC? Go to INEC office n claim urs

1 Like

Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 03, 2015
IsaAbubakaAzeez:

Chief imam barcanista have spoken

May Allah bless you bro Insha'Allah

amin...And bless you too my brother...

1 Like

Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Franchise21(m): 9:39am On Mar 03, 2015
barcanista:
Jonathan said he won't sack Jega, some people are calling him liar and devil. If he had said he will remove Jega, the same people would have tagged him dictator. If he had kept quiet, they will call him clueless. I don't know what some people want Jonathan to do. One thing I know is that Jonathan Will Be re-elected by the good people of Nigeria irrespective of tribe and religion
Only U=5 Million votes
Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 03, 2015
Franchise21:
Hope u re serzly praying for ur brother @GEJ?
Of course I'm praying for my President that he lead us in the right path, because if he succeeds as President, Nigerian succeeds as a country and the masses succeed as a people. We all will benefit as citizens and residents. I also pray for him as a brothe to succeed, because if he succeed, the Ijaw tribe and Southern Nigeria becomes proud of their son and our contribution to the development of Nigeria through an illustrious son will be acknowledged by all. I also pray for him to succeed as a human because I will want the same if I'm in a position of authority.

Note: My "succeed" does not mean political aspiration but success as a President. Also, my support for GEJ has nothing to do with tribe or religion

1 Like

Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 03, 2015
Franchise21:
Only U=5 Million votes
You just said it grin
Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Franchise21(m): 9:52am On Mar 03, 2015
barcanista:
Of course I'm praying for my President that he lead us in the right path, because if he succeeds as President, Nigerian succeeds as a country and the masses succeed as a people. We all will benefit as citizens and residents. I also pray for him as a brothe to succeed, because if he succeed, the Ijaw tribe and Southern Nigeria becomes proud of their son and our contribution to the development of Nigeria through an illustrious son will be acknowledged by all. I also pray for him to succeed as a human because I will want the same if I'm in a position of authority.

Note: My "succeed" does not mean political aspiration but success as a President. Also, my support for GEJ has nothing to do with tribe or religion
Seems u re from Niger Delta?
Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 03, 2015
Franchise21:
Seems u re from Niger Delta?
Of course yes! But... It is not my reason of aligning with PDP
Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Franchise21(m): 9:57am On Mar 03, 2015
barcanista:
Of course yes! But... It is not my reason of aligning with PDP
Now I know. Thought as much!
Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 03, 2015
Big lies from the stable of GEJ and MUAZU

1 Like

Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by superstar1(m): 10:16am On Mar 03, 2015
barcanista:

He told the whole world the election will not be shifted.

Look for another lie to defend him.

2 Likes

Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by shadelek(m): 10:19am On Mar 03, 2015
Franchise21:
U miss road?
Alright
Re: ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again by PassingShot(m): 10:45am On Mar 03, 2015
barcanista:

I just have to reply this.

People call Jonathan what they call him because of his antecedents.

Did Jonathan say that Feb 14 and 28 elections will not be postponed or not? What happened after that promise?

Jonathan it was who convened COS meeting to table the reasons why the elections needed to be postpone using security as the main excuse. Few days after, it was same Jonathan who, during the last media chat said he was not consulted by the security chiefs before they decided to postpone the elections.

The fact is that all sensible Nigerians don't trust him anymore. And once a man has lost the trust factor, people have a genuine right not to believe him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confirmed Election Results direct from INEC - INEC / List Of Killings Of Church Members By Boko Harem & All Supporter APC Buhari etc / Photo Of Late Gen. Sanni Abacha A Day Before He Died.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.