Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,562 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate (5280 Views)

FG Lines Up El-rufai, 4 Other Witnesses Against Bukola Saraki (vanguard) / Senate Presidency: Tinubu’s Camp Backs Akume, Amaechi, Others Push For Saraki / Senate Presidency: Tinubu’s Camp Backs Akume, Amaechi, Others Push For Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by fairheven: 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2014
ratiken:

It could have been a 20milli margin if the goats and cows up north were barred from voting. The margin this time will be like 25mill as the era of free and fair election is here.
Do u sincerely belif that your Jonathan could have won the election without the "power of incumbency"?if for example we ask him to vacate power and contest as ordinary citizen,like Buhari and co.,do u honestly think he wud be returned? cool cool I know u will allow sentiment to beclowd your judgement..but we know the truth : cool
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by ratiken(m): 12:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
fairheven:

Do u sincerely belif that your Jonathan could have won the election without the "power of incumbency"?if for example we ask him to vacate power and contest as ordinary citizen,like Buhari and co.,do u honestly think he wud be returned? cool cool I know u will allow sentiment to beclowd your judgement..but we know the truth : cool

Next time, don't bother asking if you already knew the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by LeStylo: 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
Oshiomhole/Rochas or NOTHING! APC can't afford to get this wrong!

Fashola is ostensibly omitted because of the general sensitivity to a Muslim/Muslim ticket.

Amaechi is a rabble-rouser!
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by nduchucks: 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
Gullible Nigerians will believe anything the same way they believed that Sanusi's brother was named Emir of Kano when PDP agents planted the story in Vanguard a few months ago.

Nwanne, this story is false.
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by Freest(m): 1:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
I took a loan to buy my nomination form- Muhammadu Buhari.

The APC on its own bought the nomination form for Buhari. -John Oyegun, APC Chairman.

I personally bought the nomination form for Buhari- Timipre Sylva

we have gathered money to buy Buhari's nomination form- ACF

we will buy Buhari's nomination form- Katsina state govt.

so these pathetic liars want to preside over the affairs of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by GODDYGEE91(m): 1:35pm On Oct 20, 2014
By the way is Buhari de consensus candidate 4 APC, there shd just calm down n wait after de primaries there choose who so eva der deem fit. But 4 me dos listed candidate can not tak APC 2 anywhr ooo, Oshiomole wud be a beta alternative.
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 20, 2014
mikeson12:

Just like Tinubu,Buhari isn't as wise as you think he is.I guess this news must have dealt you guys a deadly blow,get well soon!
that's what you PDP intend, but I shoved the news off the moment I saw it came from PDP's media arm, vanguard newspaper.
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by fairheven: 2:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
ratiken:

Next time, don't bother asking if you already knew the truth.
Yea...the truth is always bitter...Jonathan can not win election even in bayalsa if he were not a sitting president cool

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by ratiken(m): 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
fairheven:

Yea...the truth is always bitter...Jonathan can not win election even in bayalsa if he were not a sitting president cool

Now why the blabbing? who asked if truth was bitter or not? Let me repeat, next time dont ask the question if you already have the answers.

Someone must be paying you guys for being dumb.... am on quest to find that person cos you lot are proudly dumb.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by drnoel: 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ayed44:
Associates of All Progressives Congress, APC leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu are lining up three possible running mates for Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd) should the former head of state prevail in the forthcoming presidential nomination convention of the party.

The synergy between Team Buhari and the Tinubu camp was formally brought to public light last Wednesday when many of Tinubu’s political associates, including his wife, Senator Oluremi Tinubu got prominent presence at Buhari’s public declaration for the presidency in Abuja.

The three prospective running mates, according to Vanguard sources are Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, a former commissioner in Lagos State, Senator Ajayi Borofice presently representing Ondo North in the Senate and Mr. Wale Edun, a former commissioner in Lagos State.

Two other choices in the consideration of Team Buhari, the immediate past governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi and another former governor of Ekiti State, Otunba Niyi Adebayo were said to have been taken off the radar by the Asiwaju forces on account of political differences.

The intrigues in the relationship between Dr. Fayemi and Tinubu reached a crescendo last week when Tinubu absented himself from the commissioning of the Ekiti State Government Liaison House in Lagos.

On the scheduled day of the commissioning, the APC leader was said to have become invisible, sources close to the development told Vanguard, a fact that seemed to underline the increasing political disconnect between the once close men.

The projection of the three men, Borofice, Osinbajo and Edun by the Tinubu camp follows the rejection by the mainstream of the party of a Muslim-Muslim ticket that would have seen a Buhari- Tinubu ticket.

Sources say that Tinubu may have lately withdrawn himself to that fact and is now believed to be preparing himself to position his own man to be a possible number two man for the country.

The consideration of Osinbajo Vanguard learnt is based on the twin factors of his relatively clean character and respect in the Christian community. Osinbajo, who served as attorney general and commissioner for justice in the Tinubu cabinet has won a respectable image as a senior pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God.

He is said to be fairly close to Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the general overseer of the RCCG. Those rooting for him say that positioning him on the ticket would balance any insinuation on the country drifting towards an Islamic path as some critics of Buhari have sought to assert.

The consideration of Senator Borofice, it was learnt, was aimed at strategically breaking up the hold of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in the Ekiti/Ondo axis, where the PDP is presently known to have set its foothold.

“By bringing out Borofice, who is about the only APC senator elected official in the Ekiti/Ondo axis, we can push for presence in the two states given that the PDP is in control of those two states,” a close associate of Tinubu said at the weekend.

Edun, who is reported to be the third person under consideration served as commissioner of finance for the two terms Governor Tinubu between 1999 and 2007 and he is said to be in position to bring relative youth to a presidency under Buhari’s watch.

“Our consideration of Edun is on the need of young blood given that Buhari is now of age and would need, young savvy men to keep him in track,” a source said.

Both Osinbajo and Borofice were acclaimed at Buhari’s declaration. Edun’s presence at the event could not be confirmed at press time. One other prospective nominee, Senator Olurunnimbe Mamora Vanguard learnt was like Dr. Fayemi not being favourably considered by the Tinubu camp ostensibly because of his independent trait, which reportedly came to fore in the testy days leading to Governor Babatunde Fashola’s certification of a second term ticket in 2011. Mamora was also present at Buhari’s event.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/tinubus-camp-lines-three-men-buharis-running-mate/
Be deceiving urself. Did u see Tinubu on the podium when Buhari declared his intentions. Watch as magic will happen come 2015.
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by Blakyclyde(m): 2:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
kokoA:
Southeast will never vote APC even if you wake Ojukwu (God bless his soul) up from the dead to become Buhari's running mate.. No need to waste that slot. Buhari even has more supporters in South south than East. I support a very popular yoruba man being paired with Buhari. Fashola would have just done it but for the religion thing.. If getting a suitable yoruba candidate isn't possible then Ameachi or Oshionmole should be chosen.

Fashola would be a very good choice, but Oshiomole? The man is not ready to vacate his seat at the Edo state government house to chase a VP ticket in which there's no guarantee that the party is going to win the election.

Canvassing support for Oshio What position would you give him if the presidential election was won by the PDP?
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by kokoA(m): 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2014
Blakyclyde:

Fashola would be a very good choice, but Oshiomole? The man is not ready to vacate his seat at the Edo state government house to chase a VP ticket in which there's no guarantee that the party is going to win the election.

Canvassing support for Oshio What position would you give him if the presidential election was won by the PDP?
gunning for VP will not affect his seat as a governor. He can be a governor and still vie for VP. He doesn't have to resign to run as VP, just like Kwankwanso is the governor of Kano and presidential aspirant in APC, correct me if I'm wrong. Ngige was/is a senator before and after he lost the governotorial election.
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by Blakyclyde(m): 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2014
kokoA:
gunning for VP will not affect his seat as a governor. He can be a governor and still vie for VP. He doesn't have to resign to run as VP, just like Kwankwanso is the governor of Kano and presidential aspirant in APC, correct me if I'm wrong. Ngige was/is a senator before and after he lost the governotorial election.

If that is the case, I wonder what kind of dubious constitution we're operating on.
The 1999 constitution was designed to choke us, while the bigwigs get away with what ever!

Imagine a sitting senator contest of governorship, loses and goes back to the national assembly...!

Which kyn greed bi dat?
Abi na only dem waka come?
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by omoalaro: 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2014
Blakyclyde:

But why are the prospective vice presidents from the South-West?

So many questions than answers.

If you choose Pope as VP from the south east, as long as the party is APC, people from that region will not vote for him. They will call him Alhaji Pope. South East should not benefit from what they did not work for. Politics is a game of numbers. You got it?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by kokoA(m): 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
Blakyclyde:

If that is the case, I wonder what kind of dubious constitution we're operating on.
The 1999 constitution was designed to choke us, while the bigwigs get away with what ever!

Imagine a sitting senator contest of governorship, loses and goes back to the national assembly...!

Which kyn greed bi dat?
constitution of politicians, by politicians and for politicians.
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by Blakyclyde(m): 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
kokoA:
constitution of politicians, by politicians and for politicians.

Abe Lincoln would cringe and choke in his grave when he hears that definition.

But I wonder what he'd do when he finds out that the definition has its roots in Naija Area!
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by wordcat(m): 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
gregg2:
[size=20pt]What about Alhaji Ameachi?[/size]

They need someone who can Borrow Office frm Buhari in 2016
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by Blackfire(m): 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
masseratti:
are you from sw?most of us won't vote Gej again,take that to the Bank.

i will.
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by bigass(f): 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
Blakyclyde:

Which kyn greed bi dat?
Senator John McCain was a presidential candidate in 2008 against Obama he is still a serving senator. You can't hold 2 political post but you can vie for another while still in one.
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
TribalEAST:
As expected, PDP's vanguard news comes with lies. We all know buhari can't take the risk of fielding an unpopular SWesterner as VP.
I wonder were the get there false info
GMB will choice his VP
We may all be surprise
When he reveals the person

Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by Omimah: 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
TribalEAST:
As expected, PDP's vanguard news comes with lies. We all know buhari can't take the risk of fielding an unpopular SWesterner as VP.
When I saw the title, I immediately scrolled down to know the source. Lo and behold it's Vanguard. I immediately discarded it.
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by Drizhystc(m): 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2014
undeniableGrace:
Buhari/Oshomhole combination. MY CANDID ADVICE TO APC STALWARTS.
exactly....perfect combo
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
fairheven:

"10million vote margin"?do you honestly think that election was a true reflection a "free and Fair"election?

The 2011 presidential election was the freest and fairest in Nigeria's electoral history, even more so than the acclaimed June 12, 1993 election.
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by Blakyclyde(m): 8:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
bigass:

Senator John McCain was a presidential candidate in 2008 against Obama he is still a serving senator. You can't hold 2 political post but you can vie for another while still in one.

Is that how it should be?
This is plain greed! It shouldn't be because the 1999 constitution was American-styled we should copy even the defects of the ''copied''.

I just dey rap my own sha. Wetin consyn legislooters and law to scrap office grab
Lobatan.
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by Caseless: 9:24pm On Oct 20, 2014
Pdp and their paid writers/journalist should allow us field buhari and fashola pls.
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by fairheven: 9:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
ratiken:

Now why the blabbing? who asked if truth was bitter or not? Let me repeat, next time dont ask the question if you already have the answers.

Someone must be paying you guys for being dumb.... am on quest to find that person cos you lot are proudly dumb.
I can't lower myself to an undignified level,by insulting you the way you did..the only claim for relevance,for some of you is insult and vulgarity,that's why you can hardly make a cogent point without dishing out one...gudluck to you and cohorts cool
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by whitecat2: 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
Tinubu couldn't have been at the buhari declaration when there are other candidates. It won't be wise for him to be accused of showing favoritism.
drnoel:

Be deceiving urself. Did u see Tinubu on the podium when Buhari declared his intentions. Watch as magic will happen come 2015.
Re: Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate by major466(m): 10:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
egopersonified:
I laugh APC in etsako, abeg let me look for my pdp membership card becos these people never serious.
Good move. APC has no plans for youth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Taking Over Uyo On Thursday / Jidenna-the Nigerian Born American Recording Artist / "We Want War, Our Head Has Been Killed"- Situation At Fasoranti’s House, Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.