Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:59 AM

Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? (39872 Views)

Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To / Which Is D Best African Country To Get Employment / African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Pavore9: 10:27am On Nov 04, 2014
cutieme:
@ pavore9 please what can one do to make a living there?
Been too busy to update my blog, most Nigerians especially lgbos are into business importing hair extensions, spare parts etc from Nigeria to Kenya.
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
Is it easy to get an SA business permit? Last I read you need about 5million rands grin grin for a foreigner to open a business.....or which visas are y'all talking about?
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 05, 2014
iykbethany:

You got it all wrong, the reason i mentioned power cuts and terrorists was because these are the excuses many people give as their main purpose of leaving Nigeria. As far as you confirmed there are terrorists and power cuts in Kenya thats all.
There are Power cuts in Every country.However,Nigeria takes the cake when it comes to power cuts.Kenya experiences 45 blackouts averaging 2 hours each every year.Very few people use generators in Kenya. Nigeria has places that get only 8 to 15 hours of power daily And tthat is normal for them.Even our worst rationing program in 2000-2001 we got 18 hours of power weekdays and a full 24 hours on weekends.We have never gotten such a power rationing program ever Again.Lagos,there is an estate where a friend of mine complained of a week long power blackout.DAFAQ I will not start on Central and Northern Nigeria...
As for Terrorists, Jeez,The US had the Boston Bombers,the UK has Al Qaeda Cells and shooting Jews is a pastime in France while Russia has a Chechen Insurrection.The entire EU is quaking over Syrian Jihadi returnees. In short,Even the west has terrorists.How they handle them is what matters.Nigeria has a very poor record of handling terrorism . Weekly Church bombings Thousands dead Nigeria is in the same league as Pakistan in bombings!!!
Keny has had 3 church bombings in its entire history.One in Nairobi,One in Garissa and One in Mombasa.Nigeria... Well. I lost count. Some places it teems going to worship is a death wish!!

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by justwise(m): 9:32am On Nov 05, 2014
GERALD710:

There are Power cuts in Every country.However,Nigeria takes the cake when it comes to power cuts.Kenya experiences 45 blackouts averaging 2 hours each every year.Very few people use generators in Kenya. Nigeria has places that get only 8 to 15 hours of power daily And tthat is normal for them.Even our worst rationing program in 2000-2001 we got 18 hours of power weekdays and a full 24 hours on weekends.We have never gotten such a power rationing program ever Again.Lagos,there is an estate where a friend of mine complained of a week long power blackout.DAFAQ I will not start on Central and Northern Nigeria...
As for Terrorists, Jeez,The US had the Boston Bombers,the UK has Al Qaeda Cells and shooting Jews is a pastime in France while Russia has a Chechen Insurrection.The entire EU is quaking over Syrian Jihadi returnees. In short,Even the west has terrorists.How they handle them is what matters.Nigeria has a very poor record of handling terrorism . Weekly Church bombings Thousands dead Nigeria is in the same league as Pakistan in bombings!!!
Keny has had 3 church bombings in its entire history.One in Nairobi,One in Garissa and One in Mombasa.Nigeria... Well. I lost count. Some places it teems going to worship is a death wish!!

Both countries are not safe, there is no point counting number of terrorist attacks, by the way you missed the west gate terrorist attack in Kenya, how was it handled?
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by iykbethany(m): 5:42am On Nov 06, 2014
justwise:

Both countries are not safe, there is no point counting number of terrorist attacks, by the way you missed the west gate terrorist attack in Kenya, how was it handled?

Thats the problem with Africans, We fell happy to paint other people black just to look good. I have couple of friends in Kenya and have been there, no need to continue the argument. There are terrorists and power cuts in both countries, it does not matter which terror group is stronger or weaker. Even the Kenya government knows that security challenges is scaring potential tourists away.
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by suxes2005(m): 8:28am On Nov 06, 2014
iykbethany:

Thats the problem with Africans, We fell happy to paint other people black just to look good. I have couple of friends in Kenya and have been there, no need to continue the argument. There are terrorists and power cuts in both countries, it does not matter which terror group is stronger or weaker. Even the Kenya government knows that security challenges is scaring potential tourists away.

Tourists can easily go to Kenya unlike Nigeria.

The situation here is getting worse day by day.

Just yesterday, another sh*t happened again!

Leave the issue of bombing and others please, let's focus
on the good side of both countries.

Here in Nigeria, I can drink my beer anytime of the day,
walk freely (albeit in some areas) and enjoy the fresh air

But speaking of power cut, that's the main thing that piss
me off in this country and my son won't allow me to work
at home smiley

~ Sheyi
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by iraycom: 12:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
how is the cost like getting residence permit since that is what will give one freedom there
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
Burkina faso
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 07, 2014
justwise:

Westgate had 67 casualties and is the only large scale terrorist attack we have had in 14 years.
It was highly publicised as the victims originated from a dozen nations,Most of them Western.
Less than 50 people have died from Terror attacks in Kenya since then(Am excluding Mpeketoni which is still ambiguous whether it was terror related or tribal but al count it in later)
On the other hand more than 1000 people have died in Terror attacks on magnitudes several times greater than Westgate in 2014 in Nigeria alone.Since No Westerner died in them,they are not publicised
Let us Compare
TERROR ATTACKS IN KENYA 2014-PRESENT
April 2014 .6 People die in an explosion in the Somali Populated area of Eastleigh.
April 2014.4 people die in a grenade attack in Pangani,Nairobi.
May 2014.Bus bombing on Thika Highway kills 3 people injures a dozen.
May 2014.Mombasa attack kills 2 people.
June 2014 .Mombasa grenade attack .Nobody dies.2 Injured.
Gikomba Market attack in Nairobi.10 dead.
Mpeketoni Attacks:48 people killed ,allegedly by Al Shabaab.
No of Casualties=73 people killed. Attacks save for Mpeketoni all occured in Low Income areas(Mombasa) and predominantly Immigrant areas(Nairobi).
9 attacks recorded in North Eastern this year.Zero deaths. 16 injuries
Now Move over to Nigeria..
TERROR ATTACKS IN NIGERIA JAN 2014-PRESENT
14 Jan.Maidiguri Bombings.31 dead
26Jan Kawuri attacks 45 dead
11 February Kodunga attacks 23 dead
16 February Ighze Massacre 106 dead
25Feb.Federal Govt College Attack 29 teenage boys dead.
14April 2014.ChibokKidnapping 16 dead.
14 April.Nyanya Bombings Abuja.90 dead.
1May Nyanya Bombing Part 2. 19dead.
5 May Gamboru-Ngala Attacks.336 dead.
13May Menari-Garawa attacks.60 dead.
18May.Kano Suicide attack.5 dead.
20 May Jos Twin Bombings.118 dead.
1 June. Mubi Football field attack.40 dead.
2June.Gwoza Attack.200 dead.
From June.The Nigerian Millitary started going to war with Boko Haram.So I'll list Civilian casualties from Boko Haram attacks only.
29 May to 5 June. 6 attacks ,506 dead in border areas of Borno and Cameroon.
6-19 June. 6 attacks,50dead.Central Borno State
20 June -3 July.6 attacks .205 dead .Boko Haram retaliation.Borno and Adamawa
4July-10 July.4 attacks 11 killed.Northern Borno.
11 August.28 dead.97 boys kidnapped.Borno state.
29 October. Boko Haram take over Ubi in Borno and Mubi in Adamawa.Death toll unknown.
TOTAL Casualties = 1,998 dead.
Attacks.60% in Borno but several other areas including Plateau,Abuja,Kano,Adamawa also affected.Note that have not included the recent bombings in Gombe and the likes.
Since you all like singing 'Westgate' about Kenya.I can count at least 6 attacks above that had at least twice the casualties of Westgate in Nigeria this year alone.
Nigeria is the literal Hotbed of Terrorism.Do you know Somalia has had fewer attacks and Casualties from Al Shabaab than NigeriaSomalia.A nation with no sense of government.In terms of Worldwide terror attacks and Casualties.Nigeria comes 4thafter Iraq Pakistan and Libya and above Syria(where only attacks from Islammist groups like ISIS. and Al Nusra are counted as Terror attacks)Afghanistan,Somalia,Egypt,Tunisia,Yemen, Lebanon etc.Kenya is not even in the top10
On the Global Terrorism Index.Nigeria is ranked 7th ranked with Iraq, Pakistan,Afghanistan,India,Yemen and Somalia being ranked higher.
Kenya is No.17 with the likes of Sri Lanka,Turkey,Israel and Norway around Kenya.
You simply cannot compare the level of Terrorism in Kenya and Nigeria.Kenya is calm in Comparison!!
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 07, 2014
iykbethany:

Kenya has an Insecurity problem in Eastern Nairobi and the counties surrounding Nairobi.Insecurity is also rife in Northern and North Eastern Kenya where banditry and clan clashes are common. Thus.Insecurity is a major problem in parts of Kenya.I fully agree.
Terrorism however is not Insecurity. Read above comment.
HOWEVER
Western Nairobi(where I currently redide),the city of Mombasa(where I am from),Eldoret city,The northern part of Central Kenya,Much of Maasailand,Ukambani,South Coast,The Central Rift around Molo have almost Non existent crime.
In South Coast,shopkeepers leave their shops open,go for lunch and come back and find everything intact. Nobody ever steals anything in Kwale
In Ukambani,Charcoal sellers leave their charcoal on the roadside and no vehicle stops to pick it up(though this is due to Kambas being heavily associated with Witchcraft).
In my Home city of Mombasa,Mutual respect prevails. Coastal Arab,Swahili and Coastal African dominated estates record like 4 crimes a year usually domestic disputes.Crime is so low,its boring .In fact,we used to get excited when a rare bank robbery (perpetuated by Non Coastals) occured.Only in estates with Upcountry communities do you hear of robberies,muggings and the likes.Funny enough,even in Upcountry populated estates, Murders and Carjackings so common in Nairobi's Eastlands do not happen in Mombasa.
Central Kenya,the area around Nairobi as mentioned is generallyUnsafe aka Kiambu's low income areas like Githurai 45 and even rural Kiambu and Kiambaa .But even here,Upper and Middle Income estates in towns like Limuru,Kiambu West and Thika are 100% safe.In Thika even the slums are safe.They only rob you with their glares.On the other hand Nyandarua ,Nyeri and Kirinyaga in Central Kenyahave been 100% safe since Mungiki died in 2008.The men are to busy getting drunk to do any crime.
Um.I have never heard of crime in places like Kajiado town in Maasailand .Or Konza.Or Kisaju and Isinya in Kajiado.However parts of Maasailand bordering. Nairobi and settled by Non Maasais have cases of robberies.Again,If you live in a Slum,obviously crime is high.If you live in a Middle income or Upper Income area,Crime is low or Non existent in those areas.
So in parts of Kenya,Insecurity is an issue.Mainly in slum and Lower income areas.It is not an issue for most parts of the Country or for Middle or Upper Income areas.
Tertorism is not a major issue.In case nobody noticed.We assasinate Radical Muslims in Kenya .And last year Police invaded and thrashed radical youth in a Mosque in Muslim majority Mombasa.The likes of Buhari in Nigeria,would have either been assasinated in a "Carjacking" incident or tortured killed then body dumped in Tsavo National Park by NSIS.4Radical preachers have already suffered that fate.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 5:13am On Nov 07, 2014
GERALD710:

There are power cuts in Kenya....
Kenya has the lowest number of Power Cuts in Eastern Africa.Do check your facts.
Terrorists are superior...
Jeez!!Nigeria has weekly Church bombings in the North!!! Al Shabaab is not even a local terror group but from Somalia
They have managed to pull off only one. major terror attack:Westgate.All other attacks except 2 in Mombasa and 1 in Garissa did not have more than 5 casualties and have been confined to North Eastern Kenya which unlike. your North,is sparsely populated.Compare with the THOUSANDS Boko Haram has killed to date.Last I checked,the Nyanya bombings killed more people than Westgate.But since Westgate had American,Canadian,British casualties
,it got more coverage.
GERALD710 i have noticed that you attack Nigeria at the slightest opportunity you have as if Kenya is any better. All the problems you highlight about Nigeria, your country too is facing the same, the difference lies on the scale of these problems. Please just do me a favour and watch these videos
Abuja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4rfKfRLR2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dalLJTVKm7w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7H_Wv_X1_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHSku2NEfQU
Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fab3wvXSJSU
I will not come here and dismiss some of what you say as false but the exaggeration and assumptions are what i cannot accept especially when you have never set your foot in our country.
Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by justwise(m): 10:10am On Nov 07, 2014
GERALD710:

Westgate had 67 casualties and is the only large scale terrorist attack we have had in 14 years.
It was highly publicised as the victims originated from a dozen nations,Most of them Western.
Less than 50 people have died from Terror attacks in Kenya since then(Am excluding Mpeketoni which is still ambiguous whether it was terror related or tribal but al count it in later)
On the other hand more than 1000 people have died in Terror attacks on magnitudes several times greater than Westgate in 2014 in Nigeria alone.Since No Westerner died in them,they are not publicised
Let us Compare
TERROR ATTACKS IN KENYA 2014-PRESENT
April 2014 .6 People die in an explosion in the Somali Populated area of Eastleigh.
April 2014.4 people die in a grenade attack in Pangani,Nairobi.
May 2014.Bus bombing on Thika Highway kills 3 people injures a dozen.
May 2014.Mombasa attack kills 2 people.
June 2014 .Mombasa grenade attack .Nobody dies.2 Injured.
Gikomba Market attack in Nairobi.10 dead.
Mpeketoni Attacks:48 people killed ,allegedly by Al Shabaab.
No of Casualties=73 people killed. Attacks save for Mpeketoni all occured in Low Income areas(Mombasa) and predominantly Immigrant areas(Nairobi).
9 attacks recorded in North Eastern this year.Zero deaths. 16 injuries
Now Move over to Nigeria..
TERROR ATTACKS IN NIGERIA JAN 2014-PRESENT
14 Jan.Maidiguri Bombings.31 dead
26Jan Kawuri attacks 45 dead
11 February Kodunga attacks 23 dead
16 February Ighze Massacre 106 dead
25Feb.Federal Govt College Attack 29 teenage boys dead.
14April 2014.ChibokKidnapping 16 dead.
14 April.Nyanya Bombings Abuja.90 dead.
1May Nyanya Bombing Part 2. 19dead.
5 May Gamboru-Ngala Attacks.336 dead.
13May Menari-Garawa attacks.60 dead.
18May.Kano Suicide attack.5 dead.
20 May Jos Twin Bombings.118 dead.
1 June. Mubi Football field attack.40 dead.
2June.Gwoza Attack.200 dead.
From June.The Nigerian Millitary started going to war with Boko Haram.So I'll list Civilian casualties from Boko Haram attacks only.
29 May to 5 June. 6 attacks ,506 dead in border areas of Borno and Cameroon.
6-19 June. 6 attacks,50dead.Central Borno State
20 June -3 July.6 attacks .205 dead .Boko Haram retaliation.Borno and Adamawa
4July-10 July.4 attacks 11 killed.Northern Borno.
11 August.28 dead.97 boys kidnapped.Borno state.
29 October. Boko Haram take over Ubi in Borno and Mubi in Adamawa.Death toll unknown.
TOTAL Casualties = 1,998 dead.
Attacks.60% in Borno but several other areas including Plateau,Abuja,Kano,Adamawa also affected.Note that have not included the recent bombings in Gombe and the likes.
Since you all like singing 'Westgate' about Kenya.I can count at least 6 attacks above that had at least twice the casualties of Westgate in Nigeria this year alone.
Nigeria is the literal Hotbed of Terrorism.Do you know Somalia has had fewer attacks and Casualties from Al Shabaab than NigeriaSomalia.A nation with no sense of government.In terms of Worldwide terror attacks and Casualties.Nigeria comes 4thafter Iraq Pakistan and Libya and above Syria(where only attacks from Islammist groups like ISIS. and Al Nusra are counted as Terror attacks)Afghanistan,Somalia,Egypt,Tunisia,Yemen, Lebanon etc.Kenya is not even in the top10
On the Global Terrorism Index.Nigeria is ranked 7th ranked with Iraq, Pakistan,Afghanistan,India,Yemen and Somalia being ranked higher.
Kenya is No.17 with the likes of Sri Lanka,Turkey,Israel and Norway around Kenya.
You simply cannot compare the level of Terrorism in Kenya and Nigeria.Kenya is calm in Comparison!!

This will my last post to you regarding this.

Your memory about Kenya and her history with terrorism seems to be very very poor.

Kenya has been experiencing terrorist attack even before the word terrorist is heard anywhere in Nigeria.

In 1998 US embassy was bombed and 224 killed.

In 2002 paradise hotel owned by an Israelis was attacked and 80 people killed.

Nigeria and Kenya are not safe simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 08, 2014
SavedbyYaweh:

GERALD710 i have noticed that you attack Nigeria at the slightest opportunity you have as if Kenya is any better. All the problems you highlight about Nigeria, your country too is facing the same, the difference lies on the scale of these problems. Please just do me a favour and watch these videos
Abuja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4rfKfRLR2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dalLJTVKm7w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7H_Wv_X1_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHSku2NEfQU
Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fab3wvXSJSU
I will not come here and dismiss some of what you say as false but the exaggeration and assumptions are what i cannot accept especially when you have never set your foot in our country.
Shalom

Oh Please!!!I have been to Jos. Abuja, Kano and Calabar.
I know for a fact Nigeria is overhyped!!!
Or is it you do not like hearing the truth coz I have never posted any lies on this forum.
I critisise every country,Including Kenya and South Africa .The difference is;Kenyans and South Africans never hype their qualities.Even qualities that are far above Nigeria.
But Nigerians,the way you hype things you would think the country is in the Star Wars level of development.
For example: Calabar was so Praised that when I came last,that was my target destunation.
Only to find Mombasa is cleaner,preetier and more organised
#Unimpressed.# Letdown
Dude .Even the Economist Cnn Forbes rankings always rank Nairobi higher than any city in Nigeria and Mombasa above Lagos!!
Oh.The Youtube videos.
I have seen better.In fact.I am looking at better scenery(The Nairobi Aboretum with a Vervet monkey combing through my hair and feeding from my hand) right now!!
There is an entire thread dedicated to Nairobi and Kenya at large here on Nairaland.
Do check it and compare.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 08, 2014
justwise:

This will my last post to you regarding this.

Your memory about Kenya and her history with terrorism seems to be very very poor.

Kenya has been experiencing terrorist attack even before the word terrorist is heard anywhere in Nigeria.

In 1998 US embassy was bombed and 224 killed.

In 2002 paradise hotel owned by an Israelis was attacked and 80 people killed.

Nigeria and Kenya are not safe simple.
Did you read my statement in the previous Comment
...In 14 years!!!
First of all.Unti 2012.No Kenyan had perpetuated Terrorist attacks against Kenyans.
To date.No Kenyan organisation has perpertuated terrorist attacks against Kenyans.
The 1998 US Embassy Bombings was perpetuated by Al Qaeda targeticng Americans.Kenyans just happened to be in the way.
Same to 2003 in which the targets were. Israelis .Not Kenyans.
Heck.We had a terror bombing by Palestinians on Kenyan Jews at the Norfolk Hotel in 1980.
In all the above cases the targets were foreigners.Not Kenyans.Except the US bombing,Kenyan casualties were low in the 1980 and 2003 bombings.
Kenyans became targets of Al Shabaab (Which is a SOMALI organisation) after we invaded Somalia.
And even then,Only 2 attacks by Al shabaab have sustained casualties more than 10.Westgate and Mpeketoni.
Now to Nigeria.
You have had Sectarian Cleansing of Christians in Nigeria using terror tactics long before Boko Haram.Or even our US Embassy Bombings in
The only reason you did and do not call it terrorism is the perpetual fear of the Northerners in Nigeria.
The mass murder of Christians in Kaduna in 2000 for simply opposing Sharia Law is an example.Al Shabaab does the exact thing in Somalia.So does ISIS in Syria.But in Nigeria it was called 'Clashes'
Or the ongoing attacks by Fulani herdsmen on Berom farmers in Plateau,Tiv farmers in Taraba,Christians in Adamawa Baluchi and Yobe.
Al Shabaab did the same thing in Mpeketoni and we called it a terrorist attack.It was once
Fulani herders do it every week across the Middle Belt but the Nigerian media calls them 'Gunmen'
Sanitising Terror and Sectarian Cleansing.I see.
If Muslims were to attempt Sectarian cleansing in Kenya,they would face the wrath of a nation that is 80% Christian.
In 2006,the Somalis of Eastleigh experienced just that.
Plus.100% of all terror attacks in Nigeria have involved Nigerians bombing/gunning down/slaughtering Nigerians. Boko Haram is a Nigerian terror group.Full of Hausas Fulanis and Kanuris.
Al Shabaab is not a Kenyan organisation. It is from Somalia.From a peak of 10%in mid 2012 Kenyans are no longer in Al Shabaab due to accusations (quite true) of spying for Amisom.
Our Millitary was the one that turned the tide against Al Shabaab.Managing to drive them from our border areas to Central Somalia.Something Ugandans and Burundians have been unable to do in their areas of control(Mogadishu still gets bombings while Kismayu has not had a single incident since We captured it)
All Kenyan hostages have been recaptured.
Nigeria's millitary on the other hand had even its barracks captured by Boko Haram. To this day ,there are girls hidden in a forest and the millitary cannot dare go in.
Even worse,Boko Haram actually has an 'Caliphate'within Nigeria,Controlling towns across Borno and Adamawa.
Al Shabaab has never ever controlled Kenyan territory.
So if you are comparing Terrorism in Kenya and Nigeria.
Please Weep.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2014
GERALD710:

Oh Please!!!I have been to Jos. Abuja, Kano and Calabar.
I know for a fact Nigeria is overhyped!!!
Or is it you do not like hearing the truth coz I have never posted any lies on this forum.
I critisise every country,Including Kenya and South Africa .The difference is;Kenyans and South Africans never hype their qualities.Even qualities that are far above Nigeria.
But Nigerians,the way you hype things you would think the country is in the Star Wars level of development.
For example: Calabar was so Praised that when I came last,that was my target destunation.
Only to find Mombasa is cleaner,preetier and more organised
#Unimpressed.# Letdown
Dude .Even the Economist Cnn Forbes rankings always rank Nairobi higher than any city in Nigeria and Mombasa above Lagos!!
Oh.The Youtube videos.
I have seen better.In fact.I am looking at better scenery(The Nairobi Aboretum with a Vervet monkey combing through my hair and feeding from my hand) right now!!
There is an entire thread dedicated to Nairobi and Kenya at large here on Nairaland.
Do check it and compare.
Stories that touch, have checked that out and i can only say that nairobi is better organized than lagos, sorry it does not come close to Abuja and besides the last time i checked who and where was Nigeria being hyped and i want to see where u criticized kenya and sa on this forum. thanks
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 08, 2014
SavedbyYaweh:

Stories that touch, have checked that out and i can only say that nairobi is better organized than lagos, sorry it does not come close to Abuja and besides the last time i checked who and where was Nigeria being hyped and i want to see where u criticized kenya and sa on this forum. thanks
On this very thread I have mentioned how Insecurity is a problem in parts of Kenya.
In another thread on South Africa I criticised the Black on White racism that occurs in South Africa.
Happy now?

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
SavedbyYaweh:

You do know Nairobi is listed in the Prime Residential Index Rankings since 2011 right??Nairobi is the only African city in the top ten.In the top 20 the only other city is Cape Town, So No, Abuja is far behind Nairobi especially when it comes to Quality housing for the Middle Class(Trust me, I compared) ,Estate ordeliness( half the residential estates in Abuja have no tarmac or carbopaving. Mombasa has its SLUMS carbopaved while Nairobi, at least the Middle class zones are all tarmacked.
Not to insult Abuja, but Aesthetically ,Abuja is bland.Nairobi has always been a melting pot, having started as a European settlement and with a large Asian community to this day. Even in Modern times, Nairobi buildings incorporate African, European and Asian styles giving them a unique and stylish look. Large areas of Abuja are mono concrete housing blocks with similar designs , even in upper income areas. Visit Karen in Nairobi, you would think you are in Rural England(Ok, most residents there are Britons ,the super wealthy and Politicians but the Karen plains have middle class gated communities here and there).
In Kenya, Large houses come with large acres of land. There are laws that zone the minimum amount of land per residential zone and house size.Thus You cannot build a 9 bedroomed Mansion on a 1/4 acre such that the balconies are almost going beyond the perimeter Wall or you have a balcony almost touching your neighbours!!(A common phenomenon I saw in Abuja.Impressively large houses, squeezed on small pieces of Land).In Karen, Benhard, Parts of Woodley, Old Muthaiga, Roselyn, The mininmum acarage is 5 acres in Woodley to 10 acres in Karen, You get to have your own mini forest (and for some, riverbeds with clear water and small fish) passing through your compound. If you have a quarter acre, build a 4 bedroomed house not more than 3 floors and thats that!!! Or build a luxury apartment blocks which are becoming the dominant features of Nairobi(I am currently in Westlands, Where apartments come with a spa,gym, swimming pool, 24 hour security, green space areas Tarmacked roads all the way to the main highways etc etc)
Abuja also does not seem to value greenery. Look at EVERY photo of Nairobi(bar slums and parts of Eastlands) and notice the green lushness even at the heart of the CBD!!! Nairobi is one of the few cities that has urban forests covering tens to hundreds of acres(Aboretum, City Park , Karura Forest, Ngong Road Forest) that even have wildlife.(I have a friendly vervet monkey in Aboretum that likes Scones) in them, Our surburbs in Western Nairobi look like forests if you stand from a tall building!!! We evenv have a National Park in the city's boundaries and 3 National Reserves(Kitengela,Malili Ranch and some Wildlife zone near Ongata Rongai)and another National Park(Ol Donyo Sabuk) within the Nairobi Metropolitan area!!! Abuja's Middle class consists of high gates with the entire interior carbopaved with few or no trees in some areas. Really?? Cosidering that many Nigerian tribes come from a Forest zone, I would expect Tree and Greenery lovers . Apparently not.
The Kenyan Coast is ranked also on the Prime Residential Index.And I fully concur. Luxury apartments in my native home city of Mombasa and Malindi are top class!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by iykbethany(m): 12:29am On Nov 09, 2014
GERALD710:

You do know Nairobi is listed in the Prime Residential Index Rankings since 2011 right??Nairobi is the only African city in the top ten.In the top 20 the only other city is Cape Town, So No, Abuja is far behind Nairobi especially when it comes to Quality housing for the Middle Class(Trust me, I compared) ,Estate ordeliness( half the residential estates in Abuja have no tarmac or carbopaving. Mombasa has its SLUMS carbopaved while Nairobi, at least the Middle class zones are all tarmacked.
Not to insult Abuja, but Aesthetically ,Abuja is bland.Nairobi has always been a melting pot, having started as a European settlement and with a large Asian community to this day. Even in Modern times, Nairobi buildings incorporate African, European and Asian styles giving them a unique and stylish look. Large areas of Abuja are mono concrete housing blocks with similar designs , even in upper income areas. Visit Karen in Nairobi, you would think you are in Rural England(Ok, most residents there are Britons ,the super wealthy and Politicians but the Karen plains have middle class gated communities here and there).
In Kenya, Large houses come with large acres of land. There are laws that zone the minimum amount of land per residential zone and house size.Thus You cannot build a 9 bedroomed Mansion on a 1/4 acre such that the balconies are almost going beyond the perimeter Wall or you have a balcony almost touching your neighbours!!(A common phenomenon I saw in Abuja.Impressively large houses, squeezed on small pieces of Land).In Karen, Benhard, Parts of Woodley, Old Muthaiga, Roselyn, The mininmum acarage is 5 acres in Woodley to 10 acres in Karen, You get to have your own mini forest (and for some, riverbeds with clear water and small fish) passing through your compound. If you have a quarter acre, build a 4 bedroomed house not more than 3 floors and thats that!!! Or build a luxury apartment blocks which are becoming the dominant features of Nairobi(I am currently in Westlands, Where apartments come with a spa,gym, swimming pool, 24 hour security, green space areas Tarmacked roads all the way to the main highways etc etc)
Abuja also does not seem to value greenery. Look at EVERY photo of Nairobi(bar slums and parts of Eastlands) and notice the green lushness even at the heart of the CBD!!! Nairobi is one of the few cities that has urban forests covering tens to hundreds of acres(Aboretum, City Park , Karura Forest, Ngong Road Forest) that even have wildlife.(I have a friendly vervet monkey in Aboretum that likes Scones) in them, Our surburbs in Western Nairobi look like forests if you stand from a tall building!!! We evenv have a National Park in the city's boundaries and 3 National Reserves(Kitengela,Malili Ranch and some Wildlife zone near Ongata Rongai)and another National Park(Ol Donyo Sabuk) within the Nairobi Metropolitan area!!! Abuja's Middle class consists of high gates with the entire interior carbopaved with few or no trees in some areas. Really?? Cosidering that many Nigerian tribes come from a Forest zone, I would expect Tree and Greenery lovers . Apparently not.
The Kenyan Coast is ranked also on the Prime Residential Index.And I fully concur. Luxury apartments in my native home city of Mombasa and Malindi are top class!!!!

Truth be told, money cant buy class. What am I saying? Nairobi is finer and more beautiful than Abuja. Any Nigerian that visits kenya can confirm this fact. I am not part of the people that lie bc it is my country.

The only point i wanted to clear is this; There are power cuts and terrorism in Kenya. If you want to talk about beautiful cities, no West African city is as fine as Nairobi.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 09, 2014
GERALD710:

Sorry bros all these ones you are writing are just epistles, and i am seriously doubting u have visited abuja. please which abuja estates are you talking abt? name them and ok is abj that does not have Aboretum or greenery, i no fit laff. from the pictures i have seen so far both from skyscrapercity and here, i still stand by my words, nairobi is more organised and neater than lagos but for abuja, it does not come close.
Shalom
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by An0nimus: 9:07am On Nov 09, 2014
iykbethany:

Truth be told, money cant buy class. What am I saying? Nairobi is finer and more beautiful than Abuja. Any Nigerian that visits kenya can confirm this fact. I am not part of the people that lie bc it is my country.

The only point i wanted to clear is this; There are power cuts and terrorism in Kenya. If you want to talk about beautiful cities, no West African city is as fine as Nairobi.

Well said man. Well said.

Its ok for a Nigerian who hasn't travelled out before to defend his country but I think those who have won't do any unnecessary over hyping especially regarding infrastructure and general aesthetics. Heck, Nigerians go to Ghana every time and tell us at home that its paradise. Yes Nigerians not Ghanaians. I've read NLers in other African countries say boldly that we at home don't know how fast the world is moving and are quick to praise where they're currently located.

This now begs the question of Nigerians over hyping Nigeria where they are.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
An0nimus:

Its ok for a Nigerian who hasn't travelled out before to defend his country but I think those who have won't do any unnecessary over hyping especially regarding infrastructure and general aesthetics. Heck, Nigerians go to Ghana every time and tell us at home that its paradise. Yes Nigerians not Ghanaians. I've read NLers in other African countries say boldly that we at home don't know how fast the world is moving and are quick to praise where they're currently located.

Check out your Railaway section. Does Nigeria have an Electric train??In Lagos , that is.Because someone was trying to pull that off recently using photoshopped pictures. While I am aware of the Lagos Mass Transit will incclude electric trains. But I also know it has been delayed and the trains to be used are the H5 series(And not a photoshopped Eurostar with a Nigerian flag on it).
There are Power cuts in every country in the world. What Nigeria has is not power cuts but a permanent state of Power rationing. Because what Nigerians consider 'Normal' power cuts is worse than our worst power rationing in History between 2000 and 2001. If you visit some of our forums, many Kenyans wonder why every Nigerian who visits mentions we have no generators. Because as much as Kenya Power just loves switching off power just as FOX is airing the Walking Dead, we are sure the blackout doesn't last longer than 2 hours unless a storm was responsible. In Kenya, owning a Generator is just showing off how you cannot last 15 minutes without power!
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Pavore9: 7:26am On Nov 10, 2014
l was born and raised in Lagos though had opportunities to be in other parts of Nigeria & now living in Nairobi, though no where is paradise but l prefer Nairobi any day because of its greenery, steady power supply (fewer cuts) cheaper internet etc

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by cutieme(m): 7:37am On Nov 10, 2014
@pavore9,pls update your blog and tell us more,thanks
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Pavore9: 7:52am On Nov 10, 2014
cutieme:
@pavore9,pls update your blog and tell us more,thanks
Ok bros, l will do that tonight.
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by An0nimus: 2:15am On Nov 11, 2014
GERALD710:

Check out your Railaway section. Does Nigeria have an Electric train??In Lagos , that is.Because someone was trying to pull that off recently using photoshopped pictures. While I am aware of the Lagos Mass Transit will incclude electric trains. But I also know it has been delayed and the trains to be used are the H5 series(And not a photoshopped Eurostar with a Nigerian flag on it).
There are Power cuts in every country in the world. What Nigeria has is not power cuts but a permanent state of Power rationing. Because what Nigerians consider 'Normal' power cuts is worse than our worst power rationing in History between 2000 and 2001. If you visit some of our forums, many Kenyans wonder why every Nigerian who visits mentions we have no generators. Because as much as Kenya Power just loves switching off power just as FOX is airing the Walking Dead, we are sure the blackout doesn't last longer than 2 hours unless a storm was responsible. In Kenya, owning a Generator is just showing off how you cannot last 15 minutes without power!

Seems you're more interested in saying your country is better off than understanding my point. I rest my case.
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by cutieme(m): 5:35am On Nov 11, 2014
@pavore9 still waiting for the updates of your blog o,thanks
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Pavore9: 5:58am On Nov 11, 2014
cutieme:
@pavore9 still waiting for the updates of your blog o,thanks
Bros, l remembered u this morning! l was a bit down health-wise but be certain l will do it tonight.
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by cutieme(m): 6:13am On Nov 11, 2014
OK,thanks@pavore9
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Bifwoli: 7:27am On Nov 11, 2014
An0nimus:

Even going by independent sources on other broader measures,Nigeria scores lower in Human Development Index than both Kenya and Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by justwise(m): 7:33am On Nov 11, 2014
@GERALD710

Please enough of this long episode, you are derailing this thread with your line of argument.
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 11, 2014
ok guys!, give us more updates about SA and kenya, @pavore9, more updates please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

30 Years After, Father And Son Are Southwest Pilots / Luanda, Angola - The 'African Miami' (pics) / Ogun: Dangote Truck Set Ablaze For Crushing Okada Rider, Passenger To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.