Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? (39274 Views)

Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To / Which Is D Best African Country To Get Employment / African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by cutieme(m): 6:05am On Nov 14, 2014
@pavore9,thanks for the good work so far,but pls don't be grieved, can u tell us little about Rwanda,heard it's also a nice destination,thanks
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Pavore9: 6:42am On Nov 14, 2014
@cutieme, Rwanda is a small country o! Population is half of Lagos but about 6 times the land area of Lagos. l do not know the day to day life there but l know Nigerians who are there are mostly into business, importing stuff from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by cutieme(m): 6:47am On Nov 14, 2014
@pavore9,thanks for the info,you are a good man.Pls can u help in inquiring from any of the Nigerians there about life generally over there?or maybe link me up with any good one I could talk to,thanks.
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by suxes2005(m): 7:27am On Nov 15, 2014
Pavore9:
@cutieme, Rwanda is a small country o! Population is half of Lagos but about 6 times the land area of Lagos. l do not know the day to day life there but l know Nigerians who are there are mostly into business, importing stuff from Nigeria.

I guess you're too busy to update the blog.

Your last post lacks some substance unlike earlier posts.

You tried to cover too many things in it.

Speaking of earning a living.

Try update the blog please.

~ Sheyi
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by khaynoni(m): 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2014
Is there no way one can get a resident permit in these two countries (SA and Kenya) legally. I'm planning to start a new life away from home after my nysc. Your advice is welcomed.
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2014
khaynoni:
Is there no way one can get a resident permit in these two countries (SA and Kenya) legally. I'm planning to start a new life away from home after my nysc. Your advice is welcomed.

There are more than 40,000 White people living in Kenya who are not Kenyan, they have bought land and build cool houses and are living with there families, with their kids going to local schools or local international schools that teach the British curricular . these are just whites alone. If you get a visa in kenya, automatically you can stay for six months - But i heard it was reduced to 3 months (You can renew after 3 months), if you can get a job or have some form of income (i.e. if your job earns you more than $21,000 per year) then you can get a work permitt and live there as long as you earn(Ha! as long as you earn).There is an extensive range of work/residence permits that cover everyone from short-term assignees to retirees and international students. You can also choose to apply for citizenship, provided you have a good source of income, you will qualify so fast before you could even know how to sing the national anthem. Or you can just choose to Join the 21,000 stateless people wholive in Kenya.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2014
Pavore9:
Been too busy to update my blog, most Nigerians especially lgbos are into business importing hair extensions, spare parts etc from Nigeria to Kenya.

Thats really not accurate, most Nigerians come to kenya mainly for investment or enterprenual opportunities to make a quick bux, either because the have the capital or because kenyas havent yet ventured into opportunities that might be saturated or already vibrant in Nigeria. Most of Kenyas and Africas Imports which come through sea come from China and India both of which are closer to Kenya than Nigeria.
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Pavore9: 3:48pm On Nov 15, 2014
@denisfidha, l believe u know River road area very well, do ur investigation & find out if hair extensions are not also coming in from Nigeria, if u are a Nigerian u should know where Nigerians go and pick up their goods from Lagos at Mwibi road.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 15, 2014
moneyhungry:

I swear to God, you will enjoy freelancing in south Africa. 24/7 electricity, swift internet service, nice (but expensive) housing, nice weather, hot (ass bigger than nicki's for real) & cheap girls, cheap food (chicken, apples, ice cream, alchohol)... etc.
you gotta love SA.

South Africa is more matured and sophisticated, the train there may arrive on time (am guessing) compared to Kenya. But in Kenya, the train....... well, there isn't much of one, the new rail has just started to be constructed. Anyway, The biggest single geothermal turbine in the world has added an additional 140mw to the National grid and an additional 5000mw is expected by 2018. So not electricity outages nowadays, except for Kenya-Power-company repairing of replacing old outdated electric post or transformers. Internet services especially in Nairobi is just as swift as in johannesburg or pretoria or any city in SA, infact the average internet speed of Kenya is higher than that of SA or Egypt which are considered more developed infrastructure-wise. Fiber optic is now beginning to be connected to single private houses at in the nice suburbs of the city as the roll out moves to other big towns across kenya. Whether is just nice as in south Africa, nice beaches, nice night clubs.Have nothing against SA, just making my case. The only thing that is a let down, is security in the poor average suburbs, you know... the places that average hustling kenyans live, but I guess that is a phenomenon around the world(the rich 1% vs poor 99% ) in kenya its actually (The rich 20% vs The poor 80%) so since you have enough money to wan't to migrate and live off in a cool place in africa, you probably in the top 10% category
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2014
Pavore9:
@denisfidha, l believe u know River road area very well, do ur investigation & find out if hair extensions are not also coming in from Nigeria, if u are a Nigerian u should know where Nigerians go and pick up their goods from Lagos at Mwibi road.
You might be right, about the hair thing, I once hard a man complain about Nigerian weaves. I though he meant he meant, Kenyan women copying how Nigerian women wear weaves, now I realize he might have meant Nigerian weaves Literally- as in they come from Nigeria.
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by suxes2005(m): 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2014
Y'all left this place.

Come on in and let's keep educating ourselves

~ Sheyi
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2014
suxes2005:
Y'all left this place.

Come on in and let's keep educating ourselves

~ Sheyi

OK can you start by wish visa an entrepreneur needs to get into SA
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by suxes2005(m): 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
Donxavier:

OK can you start by wish visa an entrepreneur needs to get into SA

Google

Educating ourselves should be about first hand 'personal' info
about a particular country.

I've been to SA but dunno about 'trep visa.

~ Sheyi
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Numerouuuno: 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2014
suxes2005:

~ Sheyi
i sent you a PM sir
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by suxes2005(m): 7:23am On Nov 20, 2014
Numerouuuno:

i sent you a PM sir

You keep sending me PM upon PM.

Just ask your questions and stop sending me the PM

~ Sheyi
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Ogborokiri(m): 8:04am On Nov 21, 2014
Oga pavore hw much will it cost me to come over and settle there
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 21, 2014
suxes2005:

Google

Educating ourselves should be about first hand 'personal' info
about a particular country.

I've been to SA but dunno about 'trep visa.

~ Sheyi

So what ways of migration are people talking about on this thread. To emigrate, entry legally into country of desire is paramount. People are talking of SA and Nairobi yet no mention on how to get there.
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by suxes2005(m): 10:13am On Nov 21, 2014
Donxavier:

So what ways of migration are people talking about on this thread. To emigrate, entry legally into country of desire is paramount. People are talking of SA and Nairobi yet no mention on how to get there.

What's this one saying?

~ Sheyi
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 21, 2014
suxes2005:

What's this one saying?

~ Sheyi

What can you understand undecided, or didn't you read the title thread?
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by suxes2005(m): 1:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
Donxavier:

What can you understand undecided, or didn't you read the title thread?

I'm referencing to your reply to me.

Don't get yah. Da fuq you need?

~ Sheyi
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 21, 2014
suxes2005:

I'm referencing to your reply to me.

Don't get yah. Da fuq you need?

~ Sheyi

Thread is about the best African country to migrate too, presumably from Nigeria. Ideally, people with long term residence visas/ or citizens of these countries and that have also lived considerably in Nigeria are in the best position to speak on this. What I am saying is that it isn't enough to say SA is better than Nigeria because of Infrastructure or institutions etc without also sharing how they got there and how they are legal residents there.

For a lay person reading this thread hoping to emigrate to say Kenya, apart from the kenya guys saying Nairobi is better than lagos, they need to also give info about how they relocated to Kenya legally.
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by suxes2005(m): 1:44pm On Nov 21, 2014
Donxavier:

Thread is about the best African country to migrate too, presumably from Nigeria. Ideally, people with long term residence visas/ or citizens of these countries and that have also lived considerably in Nigeria are in the best position to speak on this. What I am saying is that it isn't enough to say SA is better than Nigeria because of Infrastructure or institutions etc without also sharing how they got there and how they are legal residents there.

For a lay person reading this thread hoping to emigrate to say Kenya, apart from the kenya guys saying Nairobi is better than lagos, they need to also give info about how they relocated to Kenya legally.

Ask something new. All you're saying have been discussed
here. Start reading from the beginning and see the comparison
including the debate as well.

~ Sheyi
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Ogborokiri(m): 2:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
Donxavier:

bro na true u talk we suppose now hw much to go and hw much u need to stay there for 90 days without disturb
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 21, 2014
suxes2005:

~ Sheyi

Pls kindly show me where. I have read and reread the thread and can't see where.
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by khaynoni(m): 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
What he's trying to ask is this: how can one stay LEGALLY in these countries you've mentioned for more than the usual 3 months stated in one's visa without having to come back to Nigeria and applying for the same visa again?

suxes2005:

~ Sheyi

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by cutieme(m): 4:20pm On Feb 03, 2015
@pavore9 ,Hi,longest time,happy new year bro.What happened ,u have been silent. Hope all is well.
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Pavore9: 8:20am On Feb 04, 2015
cutieme:
@pavore9 ,Hi,longest time,happy new year bro.What happened ,u have been silent. Hope all is well.

l am cool my brother
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by cutieme(m): 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2015
@pavore9,Bro am hitting Kenya soon o I don't know how to say this but I'd like u to put me through on how to make a living with the online freelancing or something that u are into as I don't know anything about it and don't want to indulge myself in any illegal stuff out there.Please am serious about this.Pls can u drop me your digits or something on 7F10B304 my BB pin thanks
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 04, 2015
Lets know whats up on kenya, visa, transport etc
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by costa1: 12:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
please where is the best place in african to start a buisness... apart from nigeria and ghana?
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by cutieme(m): 6:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
pls@all,is kenya still visa on arrival?
Re: Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? by Ugosample(m): 9:59am On May 09, 2018
cutieme:
@dilumunati,I've been to Ghana the place is nice anyways but their currency is poor now including the economy so I don't think if Ghana is a right place to go now.

Ghana'a currency poor

Nigga you are tripping

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Dies In Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Road. Do You Know Him? (Disturbing Pics) / Government Truck Falls Off Near Third Mainland Bridge / Dana Airline Hostess Avert Air-Hijack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.