Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" (4109 Views)

Is This Really Happening In Church Today? (photo) / ‘LOL’ Really Mean ‘lucifer Our Lord’? / Twisted Scriptures - And The Truth Shall Set You Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 20, 2014
Have been pondering about the real meaning of that phrase rationally and religiously and I seem not to know the actual meaning of that phrase without not thinking outside the box,I want the house to give their views about it.
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by benega: 9:30am On Oct 20, 2014
It is what it is
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Lilimax(f): 9:41am On Oct 20, 2014
The Truth Shall set you Free (John 8;32) from the Bible perspective:
The word of God is the truth. Jesus is the Word of God and He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
Learn more about the Word of God (Jesus) , the dignity of his person, the efficacy of His blood, the excellency of his righteousness, and the fullness of his grace, and you'll be free from ignorance and error, and you'll become a changed man.

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by mathmatica: 9:47am On Oct 20, 2014
aaronson:
Have been pondering about the real meaning of that phrase rationally and religiously and I seem not to know the actual meaning of that phrase without not thinking outside the box,I want the house to give their views about it.
....the truth set you free from all inherent guilt in lies
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 20, 2014
the truth is that god does not exist and religion is a tool for human control. if you know this truth it shall set you free from the bondage of religions.

3 Likes

Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 20, 2014
Doubts, not truth, sets us free.
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by oneda(m): 10:34am On Oct 20, 2014
Jesus is the truth. Get to know him through the bible and you'll be free. At least your hard earned money would not be used to buy private jet by a thief who though had forgotten God, claim to be His Man (Man of God)

musKeeto:
Sorry

Scyllapatron:
the truth is that god does not exist and religion is a tool for human control. if you know this truth it shall set you free from the bondage of religions.
Psalms 50:22, Psalms 14:1
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 20, 2014
oneda:

Sorry
What is truth?
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Ajibam: 10:44am On Oct 20, 2014
musKeeto:
Doubts leads to confusion, and confusion leads to madness!
Psalm14:1
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 20, 2014
oneda:

Psalms 50:22, Psalms 14:1

Amadioha 9:25 , Sango 26:14-17

2 Likes

Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by oneda(m): 11:14am On Oct 20, 2014
Scyllapatron:

Amadioha 9:25 , Sango 26:14-17
I thought Amadioha and Sango are gods and they don't exist? When a soul is afraid of God's judgment, it starts to convince itself that God do not exist. Repent my dear, Hellfire is real and will convince you of God's existence for all eternity if you refuse God's mercy.

musKeeto:

What is truth?
what is doubt?
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 20, 2014
oneda:

what is doubt?
Doubt is to be unsure of an alleged fact, to be sceptic about a concept or doctrine. It necessitates a questioning and an open mind, one that understands not all is what they seem. Doubt keeps one humble, not confused as alleged by that other guy ajibam.

Again, what is truth?
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by oneda(m): 11:29am On Oct 20, 2014
musKeeto:

Doubt is to be unsure of an alleged fact, to be sceptic about a concept or doctrine. It necessitates a questioning and an open mind, one that understands not all is what they seem. Doubt keeps one humble, not confused as alleged by that other guy ajibam.

Again, what is truth?

John 14:6, John 18:37

that which is TRUE or in accordance with FACT or REALITY is the truth.
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 20, 2014
oneda:

Sorry, I find Harry Potter a far more interesting and pleasant read. Albus Dumblebore's wisdom far surpasses Jesus'.
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by oneda(m): 11:40am On Oct 20, 2014
musKeeto:

Sorry, I find Harry Potter a far more interesting and pleasant read. Albus Dumblebore's wisdom far surpasses Jesus'.

"that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality" that's what Google defines truth as. Denying Jesus - the truth- Shows that you are a walking dream who don't want to face fact and reality.

I won't answer you again, so don't even bother replying
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 20, 2014
oneda:

that which is TRUE or in accordance with FACT or REALITY is the truth.
What is reality? Is reality subjective or objective?

The sun rises - is this truth, fact or based on reality? For the sun never rises. It appears that way because of the earth's rotation around its axis. We couldn't have found this out if men never had doubts in the first place.

So quoting scriptures in a discussion of this nature is as useful as posting pictures of your bathroom on thos thread. It might look nice but it's only useful for ass wiping and taking a dump.
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 20, 2014
oneda:

"that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality" that's what Google defines truth as. Denying Jesus - the truth- Shows that you are a walking dream who don't want to face fact and reality.

[/b]I won't answer you again, so don't even bother replying[b]
A dead Jewish man born eons ago is your fact and reality? There might be hope for your kids.

1 Like

Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 20, 2014
oneda: I thought Amadioha and Sango are gods and they don't exist? When a soul is afraid of God's judgment, it starts to convince itself that God do not exist. Repent my dear, Hellfire is real and will convince you of God's existence for all eternity if you refuse God's mercy.

lolz! Amadioha and Sango are not just gods, they they the only true GOD, grin take a glass of water dude, i can see the veins in ur face. grin grin set urself free from the bondage of jewish yahweh. Amadioha and Sango love you. tongue

1 Like

Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 20, 2014
oneda:

I won't answer you again, so don't even bother replying

are you tired of quoting craps from a jewish story book? grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by thorpido(m): 12:08pm On Oct 20, 2014
'And ye shall know the truth,and the truth shall make you free'(John8:32KJV).The bible actually says MAKE free and not SET free.There is a difference.

At Op,if you check the verse before the verse above,Jesus said,....'If ye continue in my word.......There is where the Truth lies.Jesus said,thy word is truth!
Get to know the Word of God and let it dwell in you richly.That knowledge makes you free.
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by pesty100(m): 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
Jesus I think is a philosopher
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2014
thorpido:
'And ye shall know the truth,and the truth shall make you free'(John8:32KJV).The bible actually says MAKE free and not SET free.There is a difference.

At Op,if you check the verse before the verse above,Jesus said,....'If ye continue in my word.......There is where the Truth lies.Jesus said,thy word is truth!
Get to know the Word of God and let it dwell in you richly.That knowledge makes you free.
As it was quoted in the bible 'xyz'...so what truth would set man free? Does it mean that other religion and belief system are living in bondage?
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
pesty100:
Jesus I think is a philosopher
Then socrates is wiser than him because Socrates was the wisest philosopher that ever lived.
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by MadCow1: 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
The truth sets free..

A lie keeps you in bondage.

Jesus was a Rasta Man.. Full of Wisdom.
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
mathmatica:
....the truth set you free from all inherent guilt in lies
But the scripture was made for all believers does it mean that you all lie or guilty even your pastors if yes,what is the essence of going to church wanting to making heaven?
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by pesty100(m): 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
aaronson:
Then socrates is wiser than him because Socrates was the wisest philosopher that ever lived.
socrates himself would have refuted your statement if he were here
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
Lilimax:
The Truth Shall set you Free (John 8;32) from the Bible perspective:
The word of God is the truth. Jesus is the Word of God and He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
Learn more about the Word of God (Jesus) , the dignity of his person, the efficacy of His blood, the excellency of his righteousness, and the fullness of his grace, and you'll be free from ignorance and error, and you'll become a changed man.

Shalom!
After using the bible as a defense mechanism does than mean that other people practicing other religion are in bondage because don't know you type of truth.
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
pesty100:
socrates himself would have refuted your statement if he were here
But he isn't here because he died as a result of his own type truth
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by mathmatica: 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
aaronson:
But the scripture was made for all believers does it mean that you all lie or guilty even your pastors if yes,what is the essence of going to church wanting to making heaven?
.....if you're intelligent enough to use the smart phone,you should be intelligent enough to seek answer where and when you need it....for now,you're just looking for attention
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Lilimax(f): 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
aaronson:
After using the bible as a defense mechanism does than mean that other people practicing other religion are in bondage because don't know you type of truth.
Jesus is the truth and if you fail to accept him you'll be in perpetual errors and bondage.
Accept the truth (JESUS) today for your total freedom! smiley
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
Lilimax:

Jesus is the truth and if you fail to accept him you'll be in perpetual errors and bondage.
Accept the truth (JESUS) today for your total freedom! smiley
You speaking for yourself and your household Im speaking for the universe and my question remains,do people with different religion/belief system live in bondage? Mr dangote isn't a Christian,Uncle Bill gates doesn't do no religion but he's the world biggest spender on charity and welfare
Re: What Does This Really Mean?"The Truth Shall Set You Free" by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 20, 2014
mathmatica:
.....if you're intelligent enough to use the smart phone,you should be intelligent enough to seek answer where and when you need it....for now,you're just looking for attention
This is funny hahahahahahahahahhaha we actually sharing ideas,giving each other premise to draw conclusion from and you talking attention deficit,look backward and tryna see if you could figure out the answers yourself maybe you would see one reason you actually living believing in fabricated lies and don't wanna give in to the truth

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Annointing Oil Biblical? / How To Preach The Gospel Starting From Crash. / Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.