Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,216 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:30 PM

Five(5) Things You Must Know About MAKING MONEY On The Internet - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Five(5) Things You Must Know About MAKING MONEY On The Internet (656 Views)

Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland / What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! / 25 Abbreviations You Must Know About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five(5) Things You Must Know About MAKING MONEY On The Internet by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2014
Good morning beautiful people.
On a regular basis our world evolves, and we with it.
And one of the evidences of such evolution is the internet.

The Internet is defined as the worldwide interconnection of individual networks operated by government, industry, academia, and private parties. Originally the Internet served to interconnect laboratories engaged in government research, and since 1994 it has been expanded to serve millions of users and a multitude of purposes in all parts of the world.

In a matter of very few years, the Internet consolidated itself as a very powerful platform that has changed forever the way we do business, and the way we communicate. The Internet, as no other communication medium, has given an International or, if you prefer, a "Globalized" dimension to the world. Internet has become the Universal source of information for millions of people, at home, at school, and at work.

Internet is changing all the time. Two things, in our opinion, have marked it's evolution recently: the social web and mobile technology. These two innovations have changed the way people use the Internet. In the social web people have found a new way to communicate. Since its creation in 2004, Facebook has grown into a worldwide network of over 1,000 million subscribers. Mobile technology, on the other hand, has made possible a much greater reach of the Internet, increasing the number of Internet users everywhere.

The Internet continues to be the most democratic of all the mass media. With a very low investment, anyone can have a web page in Internet. This way, almost any business can reach a very large market, directly, fast and economically, no matter the size or location of the business. With a very low investment, almost anybody that can read and write can have access and a presence in the World Wide Web. Blogging has consolidated the social media and the people everywhere are expressing and publishing their ideas and opinions like never before. (http://www.internetworldstats.com/emarketing.htm)
And like every good thing that has happened, the internet has slowly but steadily crawled into Africa.

As you will find in the diagram below this writ, Nigeria tops the chart as the #1 internet country in Africa.

Going by the above, it should therefore come as no surprise that over the years, the internet has become an ATM of sorts for young Nigerians - generating millions in raw cash for their personal use.

People are beginning to get more enlightened. They are beginning to realize the goldmine of opportunities available on the internet. And due to this more and more people are delving in to harness the power present online, to make for themselves their own mega bucks.

Abi na? There are many things a young man could do with more money.

With more money in the bank one can purchase a land, build a house, buy a super-expensive range rover without batting an eyelid *coughs*, live the good life and enjoy many happy days.

Especially in a country like ours where the jobs seem elusive, even after coming out of school with good grades, the internet could prove to be the savior we seek..

It all sounds easy! But the truth is, a lot is required to succeed online. And failing to realize this is the reason many people find themselves struggling where others are soaring.

That's why I have put together five things that many do not know about making money from the internet. Knowing these things will help you get yourself well prepared (if ever you choose to leverage the power of the internet) and make your path to success online quicker and somewhat smoother.

#1 MAKING MONEY ONLINE IS NOT EASY

This one sucks people in like mad!

Many people see a great website owned by some guy. He shows screen shots of his bank account or a video ‘proving’ to you how he made over a Hundred Thousand Naira in just six (6) days! He tells you ANYONE can make such an amount too in that space of time. What they don’t show you is the amount of work (over the years or otherwise) that they’ve put in to make themselves live breathing cash machines.

The simple truth is that to make GOOD money online requires your total commitment, dedication and determination.

There’s no magic button that brings in the money pouring in. Rather, a combination of certain factors have to be in place before you can start making good money – and how fast you start raking in good money depends on how much focus and self-discipline you have.

Many people buy materials expecting to set-up and start making millions in a month or two without putting in the effort required to build an empire online. And when they keep failing they arrive at a conclusion that “making money online is just a scam”.

SIMPLE FACT: If guys as young as 22 can pull in enough ‘benjamins’ from the internet to buy themselves nice rides, then indeed anyone can. BUT THERE’S WORK TO BE DONE. MAKING MONEY ON THE INTERNET IS NOT AS EASY AS PORTRAYED. You have to put in the extra effort required to truly succeed online.

#2 THERE ARE GURUS and THERE ARE ‘GUGURUS’

Have you ever bought a material from someone who claims he makes millions online, promising to show you how he does it?

On his sales page he promises heaven and earth. You are thrilled! You buy the material hoping for a wealth of information. But on opening the material you discovered that the info contained therein is absolute bull.

It has happened to me more times than I can care to count.

These are the self-acclaimed gurus ‘gugurus’. They are not after teaching you; they are after taking your hard earned money from you.

These kinds of individuals will make your sojourn online frustrating.

Learning from the real gurus who are certified money generating machines on the other hand, will make your job easier and faster.

When I started out on the internet in 2011, I bought more junks than materials.. And progress was so slow. It wasn’t until February this year, I met a guy who thought me in simple, plain and an easy-to-understand manner how to really make money from the internet.

Run from the ‘gugurus’ and cleave to the gurus.

Every success on the internet is mainly built on the basis of information and knowledge; therefore to be successful you have to seek as much information as is possible from people who have paid their dues.

#3 YOU NEED MONEY TO MAKE MONEY

The internet is like real life, where money is required to start a business.

Flush all those crap that have been fed you, telling you that no start-up capital is required. The truth is you’re going to need money to actually start raking in GOOD money.

But the good thing with the internet is that it does not require a HUGE start-up capital unlike most offline businesses.

#4 LESS IS BETTER

Due to the fact that many people want to make money quickly from the internet, they often engage in different online business models. You can call them the ‘jack-of-all-trade, master of non’ individuals.

An individual starts out on the internet, in 2 months he has over 20 blogs (yes! It happens), he is into information marketing, freelancing, affiliate marketing and all the business models you can find online. This one will REALLY struggle to see the results of his ‘sweat’.
But if he chooses a particular business model and over that two months puts in all that effort, he’ll be able to generate at least =N=50,000 from it.

Master properly a particular business model before dabbling into other models.. Your success on the internet is more guaranteed and faster this way.

I personally wouldn't advise anyone to start out with blogging. It takes a lot of time to start reaping the benefits. Linda Ikeji didn’t build LIB in one day.

I’m not saying blogging is a bad thing. What I mean is that there are other models that will help you get wealthy way faster than starting out with a blog.

Do your research properly and find a model that suits you best before dabbling into it.

#5 INVESTING IN YOURSELF

This is very, very important.

Investing in your self in the form of relevant materials, attending important seminars etc, is very important. Because the more you know, the richer you become; it’s the information age baby!

Do not wait for Freebies. Some may be helpful, others may not be.

Many people want to start an internet business, but refuse to make the necessary investment in themselves. How possible is it to make money that way?

It’s like a man who wants a (B.sc) but refuses to write his exams.. who go give am cert?

So when you start out on the internet, propose to make all the right investments in your self and reap the benefits for yourself.
*************************************************************************************************************************
The internet is not a get-rich-quick scheme. The earlier anyone who wants to start out realizes this the better and easier it is for them.

It is a business, and should be treated as such. You can and will make GOOD money if you’re willing to give your all, If you’re ready to do what it takes, And if you rid your mind off of the common beliefs people starting out have. Don’t repeat the same mistakes.

I want to also add, that persistence is key; if when you start out, you are not having the results you seek, continue in it. Long as you’re doing all the right things result will speak for itself sooner than you expect.

It took me many years to figure certain things out about making money on the internet. But in February this year I met this super guy who thought me everything I needed to know about making money online. The results in the last 4 months have been amazing.
I now see the reason why people call him the QCC (Quick Crazy Cash).

I have a personal aim of making at least =N=70,000 this week to expand my business. I won’t be at this stage if it not for the things I learnt from this guy.

It is important to be successful in life. There are different paths to success. That I take path A and become successful does not mean you can’t take Path B and become equally successful. We are all wired differently.

Not everyone has what it takes to succeed with the internet. So instead of wasting money on a venture that will not profit you, be wise and seek other means of investing that money in a way that will profit you. But if you feel you have what it takes to make your millions online, then you should know these enumerated points before choosing to start out, and make your path to wealth easier and smooth.

Have a Lovely and productive week ahead good Nigerian people.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

World's Loudest Sound! / 30 Qualities Of A Decent Guy (ladies Guard) / Why Cant You "Dislike" A Comment On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.