Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions (11494 Views)

2016 Budgets By States In Nigeria.................check Your States Own. / Leading Contestants In Saturday's Governatorial Elections By States / Percentage Of PVC Collection By States In Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 21, 2014
abu12:

You are talking as if igbo people will stand in polling unit to defend their votes, well it will be nice to see igbo people that day in kano, come out and defend your votes for jonathan
and what will you do if they come out?
only resort to violence which is an act of COWARDICE
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by mauriceju2(m): 3:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
netoc65:

and what will you do if they come out?
only resort to violence which is an act of COWARDICE
this is why i say this people are thinking like goat, the pdp know about all these that the north will not allow igbo to vote in the north and pdp have prepaid to release army and police for this purpose, what will they do when the army and police control by pdp are there to make sure that the igbo's in the north cast their vote?
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by achi4u(m): 4:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
WIZGUY69:

grin cheesy
am fed up with there matter.
they are perfect online. the richest online, the most developed online. but offline reverse is the case.
30% population my ass. they think its only 3 tribes we have in Nigeria.
Guy,sincerely u've not tell us d problem(s) you have with NdiIgbo.
We all are guilty of this tribal sentiment but yours is eating deep inside ur brain.
Try to curtail it and free urself from the bondage of hatred.
Thanks.
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by WIZGUY69(m): 4:13pm On Oct 21, 2014
achi4u:
Guy,sincerely u've not tell us d problem(s) you have with NdiIgbo.
We all are guilty of this tribal sentiment but yours is eating deep inside ur brain.
Try to curtail it and free urself from the bondage of hatred.
Thanks.
The problem I have with them is that. they are all liars.
and I hate liars. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by abu12: 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
agabusta:

I am a supporter of GMB but I don't support this subtle threat. We want a free and fair election at every corner of the country.

Am not threatening anybody, but you shld know that, there is notting like free and fair election in nigeria. Most part of the east and south south did not conduct last presidential election, they just give figure and we are ready for that
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by Kennyfancy(m): 4:46pm On Oct 21, 2014
Icon4s:
It is statistics like these that make APC feel dat d SEners have little efect in the equation of d presidential election. They always forget dat atleast 30% of dat SW figure are Igbos.Atleast 30% of d SS population are Igbos. U need to know d population of Igbos in NC particularly Abuja and Jos. For NW nobody needs to tell u abt d high presence of Igbos particularly Kano and Kaduna. For NE BH activities have driven a large number of Igbos away, however dey are still in areas like Bauchi and Adamawa.

The election results will swing in d favour of who ever d Igbos throw their support for.If Buhari wants to b president he needs to seek how to win over d Igbos.
true talk, although am nt frm igbo bt the few north and west i hav travel to made me to b totally convinced that igbo is moro populated than any-other
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by Iriruaga100(m): 4:49pm On Oct 21, 2014
Lagos state will be the main battle ground state for next yrs election. SS nd SE will definately vote for PDP. NW will vote for APC,with execption of southern kaduna. State in the NE, like borno nd yobe will for APC, but voters turnout will be low due to insurgency. PDP will win adamawa with little margin. Taraba will vote PDP nd jigawa will vote APC. State like benue, plateau nd kogi will vote for PDP. APC will take kwara, while nasarawa nd niger will be battle ground state. For south west, ekiti nd ondo will vote for PDP, while osun will vote for APC. Lagos, ogun nd oyo will battle ground state next year.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by atlwireles: 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2014
Iriruaga100:
Lagos state will be the main battle ground state for next yrs election. SS nd SE will definately vote for PDP. NW will vote for APC,with execption of southern kaduna. State in the NE, like borno nd yobe will for APC, but voters turnout will be low due to insurgency. PDP will win adamawa with little margin. Taraba will vote PDP nd jigawa will vote APC. State like benue, plateau nd kogi will vote for PDP. APC will take kwara, while nasarawa nd niger will be battle ground state. For south west, ekiti nd ondo will vote for PDP, while osun will vote for APC. Lagos, ogun nd oyo will battle ground state next year.

The first real analysis on this thread. Kwara is going to be a battle ground too. Niger is APC and Nassarawa is PDP. Lagos and Ogun are battle grounds, with Lagos leaning PDP and Ogun APC. Oyo is going PDP.
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by Iriruaga100(m): 6:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
atlwireles:

The first real analysis on this thread. Kwara is going to be a battle ground too. Niger is APC and Nassarawa is PDP. Lagos and Ogun are battle grounds, with Lagos leaning PDP and Ogun APC. Oyo is going PDP.
Sir, most writers here knw nothing about nigeria politics.
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by Ovamboland(m): 8:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
mauriceju2:
Guy election is not win the way the Islamic goat are telling you, it is the number of state that you win that is the most important according to Nigerian law which they don’t know about, if you check this law you will discover that their hero Buhari will never never smell Aso rock:
If candidate Buhari have the highest number of total vote cast and candidate Jonathan win in 2/3 of the 36 states + FCT, candidate Jonathan wins the election according to Nigerian law. you don't talk about a lots of others things pdp will do behind the seen and apc will be helpless to do nothing.
Do you think that Buhari will win 2/3 of Nigerian state? Think again and again, the south is not supporting him and because of their goat brain they don’t see anything wrong, apc and Buhari hope is only in the north which will not give him up to 2/3 of Nigeria State

GEJ just needs 25 states to return for a second term. They will be very easy to get.
SS - 6 States confirmed (All)
SE - 5 States confirmed (All)
SW - 4 States at least (Ondo, Ekiti, Lagos & Oyo)
MB - 5 States sure (Plataeu, Kwara, Niger, Kogi & Benue)
NE - 3 States (Borno, Bauchi & Adamawa)
NW - 1 State (Kaduna)
Plus FCT - 1
I am sure he would pull the 25% votes in the remaining states.
Sweet victory for Mr President and PDP already. Is some one that said this truth above and it is a sure truth. My advice is that if you want to fight those on top, find your way to the top when you get there you change the rule , ask your people to joint pdp and find a way to the top and change the rule, as it stand now it will take more than Buhari, book haram and north and west propaganda to overturn pdp,
Ask God what it took him to remove Satan from Heaven, it took him a holy Angels not evil angel, Buhari /apc cannot do anything to pdp may be when apc are honest with Nigeria and are different from pdp they may dream of something like that

Stockholm syndrome is real when the oppressed starts defending their oppressors with vigour
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by Mckennedy: 9:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
Nicklee:
Nigeria's electorate by numbers. Isn't it interesting how charts help accentuate trends, correlations and cluster behaviors? Interesting pop-ups:

1. Combined South East + South South registered voters make up 24% of total voters which is less than the 26% for North West alone.

2. Combined North West + South West voters make up 45% of total registered voters, greater than combined South South + South East + North Central voters which add up to 40% of voters.

I'm still trying to figure where the key battleground states are.

Population isn't land map...tink well.
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by jibsai(m): 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ferdinandu:
you are wrong there. You must meet the 2 conditions to be declared Winner. 1, Gaining highest no of the valid vote cast(ie simple majority) and 2, Gaining at least 1/3 of the votes in 2/3 of the states (ie 24 States)+ FCT. Only one condition cannot win you the Presidency

Correct...in simple English: win majority valid votes and makesure u do so by gaining @least 25% votes in 24 states of the d federation...lobatan, I see both parties making these tho!
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by olapluto(m): 11:15pm On Oct 21, 2014
Extrapolating from the 2011 elections (i.e Jonathan losing SW support and Buhari gaining massive SW support, and NE despising GEJ, SE firmly GEJ, SS GEJ but Edo and Rivers boosting APC support)
1. Turnout figures from the SE and SS will be rejected! It is a blatant lie to say that turnout in those places will be 20% above the national average, while the SW is about 20% below the national average. We have states like ABIA with 78% turnout! That is ridiculous. Ogun had a 28% turnout. That is a difference of MILLIONS of votes. NO WHERE in the world do you ever get such results. EVEN more ridiculous is the %PDP votes. In some states you have 98%, 99.5% votes for PDP, with these states having ridiculously high turnout! The votes were rigged in the SS and SE surely!
2. Baring the above magomago, APC will get 25% or more in the following states
Adamawa**
Bauchi*
Benue**
Borno*
Edo**
Ekiti**
FCT*
Gombe*
Jigawa*
Kaduna*
Kano*
Katsina*
Kebbi**
Kogi*
Kwara*
Lagos*
Nassarawa**
Niger*
Ogun*
Osun*
Oyo*
Ondo**
Plateau**
Rivers**
Sokoto*
Taraba**
Yobe*
Zamfara*
* for states APC will win
** for states APC will have to work hard to win, but will get 25% of the votes. That is 28 states! I still think it will come down to vote counts, which is more reason I fear the abracadabra of SE and SS turnout in 2011.
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by VirginFinder: 9:11am On Oct 22, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Say whatever you like, Igbos still make up 45% of Lagos voters. This much was made known by ACN last year.

Igbos are experts in pulling stats out their anus.
Let your 45% count for once politically and let us see.

Haven't there been Igbo gubernatorial candidates in time past? Did they ever pose any threat? Were they even reckoned with?

Nonsense!
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:35am On Oct 22, 2014
VirginFinder:

Igbos are experts in pulling stats out their anus.
Let your 45% count for once politically and let us see.

Haven't there been Igbo gubernatorial candidates in time past? Did they ever pose any threat? Were they even reckoned with?

Nonsense!

Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by VirginFinder: 9:40am On Oct 22, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Quite lame! sad
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:30am On Oct 22, 2014
collynzo82:

Baba Dudu, Stop all this lies.

Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 22, 2014
olapluto:
Extrapolating from the 2011 elections (i.e Jonathan losing SW support and Buhari gaining massive SW support, and NE despising GEJ, SE firmly GEJ, SS GEJ but Edo and Rivers boosting APC support)
1. Turnout figures from the SE and SS will be rejected! It is a blatant lie to say that turnout in those places will be 20% above the national average, while the SW is about 20% below the national average. We have states like ABIA with 78% turnout! That is ridiculous. Ogun had a 28% turnout. That is a difference of MILLIONS of votes. NO WHERE in the world do you ever get such results. EVEN more ridiculous is the %PDP votes. In some states you have 98%, 99.5% votes for PDP, with these states having ridiculously high turnout! The votes were rigged in the SS and SE surely!
2. Baring the above magomago, APC will get 25% or more in the following states
Adamawa**
Bauchi*
Benue**
Borno*
Edo**
Ekiti**
FCT*
Gombe*
Jigawa*
Kaduna*
Kano*
Katsina*
Kebbi**
Kogi*
Kwara*
Lagos*
Nassarawa**
Niger*
Ogun*
Osun*
Oyo*
Ondo**
Plateau**
Rivers**
Sokoto*
Taraba**
Yobe*
Zamfara*
* for states APC will win
** for states APC will have to work hard to win, but will get 25% of the votes. That is 28 states! I still think it will come down to vote counts, which is more reason I fear the abracadabra of SE and SS turnout in 2011.

It seems you already providing excuses for your impending defeat at the 2015 polls
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2014
ayuse:
Nigeria Presidential election is not won just by d number of pple who vote for u, the number of state u win also count. If candidate A have the highest number of total vote cast and candidate B win in 2/3 of the 36 states + FCT, candidate B wins the election.
thats not true; one must score highest number of votes AND score atleast 25% of votes cast in 24 states( 2/3) .
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 22, 2014
BlackPeni5:
Very flawed, how can North be more than South...Surely there are millions of under-aged registered voters or the goats and cows there have been registered to vote.

I can say with 100% certainty that Kano, Kaduna and Katsina registered voters have been grossly overstated cos I've been to those states. The cities are empty only to be full when election results are announced. So do the people staying there live underground?
may be you have to ask NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISSION same question too because these figures reflect what NPC gave us after 2006 national census.
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by EnigmAries(m): 12:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
Icon4s:
It is statistics like these that make APC feel dat d SEners have little efect in the equation of d presidential election. They always forget dat atleast 30% of dat SW figure are Igbos.Atleast 30% of d SS population are Igbos. U need to know d population of Igbos in NC particularly Abuja and Jos. For NW nobody needs to tell u abt d high presence of Igbos particularly Kano and Kaduna. For NE BH activities have driven a large number of Igbos away, however dey are still in areas like Bauchi and Adamawa.

The election results will swing in d favour of who ever d Igbos throw their support for.If Buhari wants to b president he needs to seek how to win over d Igbos.
Next year, it will dawn on you that the indigenes- no matter how small in number- decides who wins what in Nigerian politics. The Igbos who are not yet in Alaigbo by then, would be under their roofs. I don't think you've voted before. Igbos vote in Kano? SMH
30% of south west is Igbo? Market population or what? You'll be shocked.
Buhari only needs the support of the Yorubas this time around, at things been equal, and Jonathan will be gone.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2014
Icon4s:

This is misleading.
The major differential are the nigerian elites in PDP, they are scattered all over the country. They will not deliver SW and NW to GEJ but they will make sure he gets the required 25% of votes from these region- this will be a massive victory for GEJ considering the fact that those states that will vote GEJ will do so with over 90% of the votes.
I dont like PDP led FG but i cant ignore the fact that it is the ONLY truelly NATIONAL PARTY, and this is what the opposition tend to forget.
An example is kano state; in 2011 Buhari won Kano State but GEJ's guys in kano delivered close to 250k votes to him, it was worst in Kaduna where GEJ got about 40% of the total votes cast.
Honestly, I hope PDP lose this election but I know that can only happen with miracle.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by EnigmAries(m): 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
Gabbysky:
GEJ just needs 25 states to return for a second term. They will be very easy to get.
That's all Jonathan is sure of- only 11!
He can only win in Ekiti and Ondo! Forget APC controlled states in the South-West! The earlier you do, the better.
He'll still loose in Niger as he did in 2011! Did you just include Kwara? You must be high! The people who made it possible in 2011 are now in APC camp. The nobodies in PDP wont even win their respective units.
He may as well loose all the above states. He won only Adamawa in 2011! His victory is no more guaranteed there, next year.
NW - 1 State (Kaduna)
You're drunk! grin
Where do you want him to get the votes now when he didn't even win the state when he didn't have any shoe?
Plus FCT - 1
This is the only place where APC will need a re-run to win.
He may pool 25% votes in 25 states, but that wont guarantee his victory.
Sweet victory for Mr President and PDP already.
Not in a free and fair election.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by omoalaro: 1:47pm On Oct 22, 2014
Interesting scenarios. I know that more than 50% of voters in the NE, NW, NC and SW did not turn up in 2011, I hope politicians will mobilise better in 2015.
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by masinga07(m): 2:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
Rogers210:
South east ➕ south south ➕ 1/2south west ➕ 1/2north central ➕ 1/4north west = 49%(victory for PDP.)......The leftover (51%) will be shared among other political parties.
U are an intelligent man......lol
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by LeStylo: 2:58pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ferdinandu:
you are wrong there. You must meet the 2 conditions to be declared Winner. 1, Gaining highest no of the valid vote cast(ie simple majority) and 2, Gaining at least 1/3 of the votes in 2/3 of the states (ie 24 States)+ FCT. Only one condition cannot win you the Presidency
At least 25%. Otherwise you are perfect sir.
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by emmatok(m): 8:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
Why is the SE lowest in the INEC registration.
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by tomakint: 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2014
Gabbysky:
NW - 1 State (Kaduna)
Plus FCT - 1
Sweet victory for Mr President and PDP already.
((((**ENDORSED**))))
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by Curlieweed: 1:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
EldaTimba:

Is Tunde bakare not a yoruba man? APC cannot win ANY election in Ekiti and Ondo state. Ekiti is even worse. APC can't even campaign there again. I am telling you the FACT. In Ondo state, APC has NO party structure. APC of course has technocrats but they lack POLITICIANS. Owo, Aketi's home town doesn't have a campaigner for GMB. Fasawe is a strong man there and he supports Atiku. If GMB wins primary, Atiku switches over to PDM.
For you information, PDM has started mobilization.
Least I forget, Elections are rigged always and PDP was the only party check mating LP before Iroko decamped.

Lastly, like Ngwakwe
said, the minority vocal Swesterners silencing the Majority non-vocal yoruba's love for GEJ.

Regarding your last statement, never have truer words because being typed. Buhari's popularity still starts and ends in the sharia belt. The Ekiti and Osun elections really opened my eyes. Imagined Bin Buhari that aborted the first Lagos Metro rail project hoping to win Lagos. Somebody must think that SWners are fools.
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by Curlieweed: 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2014
atlwireles:

One clown even included Imo as one of Buhari's states.
Re: Nigeria's Registered Voters By States And Geopolitical Regions by walemoney007(m): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
Curlieweed:

One clown even included Imo as one of Buhari's states.
just d way anoda clown included kwara as jonathan states

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP: Last Minute Efforts To Dissuade Secondus Fails As Appeal Court Rules Today / A Storm Of Investments Is Heading To Nigeria - Ajuri Ngelale / Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.