Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism (22739 Views)

Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW / Power Supply Drops By 1,647MW / Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by neksummi(m): 7:54am On Oct 21, 2014
Naija my country I hail thee. I stayed through out the whole of yesterday without seeing PHCN light with my eyes.

There is God!

Avoid this costly mistake new marketers on the web make
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Tycike: 7:56am On Oct 21, 2014
Who dey even vandalise the gas line see?
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 21, 2014
I need a presidential aspirant out there to assure us that we would make use of the coal we have in this country, I just don't understand why that is so hard to achieve.

Power by fossil fuels is the first thing any Electrical Engineer learns in his Power 101 class. It is really disheartening to see all our "power eggs", so to speak, being placed in one basket; the natural gas basket.

Please take a look at the distribution of energy sources in the U.S:

[img]http://crf.sandia.gov/wp/wp-content/gallery/uploads/Fig1.jpg[/img]

Also, it's high time the government placed extremely high penalties on vandals. Left to me any vandal caught should serve life imprisonment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 21, 2014
Some of us have the luxury of turning off the lights.

*chilling in 24-hrs electricity while nggas be blowing stank breathe on firewood*

Nigerians enjoy darkness because they hate looking at other Nigerians at night. Just saying......

I enjoy reading stories that touch from Nigerian government.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Muscomide: 7:57am On Oct 21, 2014
Badosqi:
Really
Well wetin concern us here..
Rocking over 48hrs light here in Osogbo.. Can't even remember last tym they switch off d light here.. Many last saturday. Light just dey Yafunyafun here.

Continue celebrating incompetence o, you hear? 48hrs light! Folk like you who settle for less are the reason our so called leaders take us for mugs.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by eemalex(m): 7:57am On Oct 21, 2014
Olaolufred:
[size=18pt] When rain comes and power situation improves marginally, saTANoids will say jonah is working.
when rain dwindles and water level fall in our dams, they say it is APC.
people (p) are doggedly decieving (d) people (p).[/size]
Guy the major working power plants in the country are gas powered Little electricity comes from the dams.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by egift(m): 7:57am On Oct 21, 2014
Liamm:
lol.

Come to think of it, give me good reasons why I should vote buhari into power come next year undecided

1. Buhari will do better to prove he is not a failure like GEJ. Re-electing Jonathan is telling him to continue what he is doing.
2. Buhari supports devolution of power (reducing the power in Abuja and giving State more power, including on the revenue they generate). That will make states to be creative in being productive and not coming to Abuja for handouts.
3. Buhari have a record of appointing competent hands, punishing failure, delegating power and allowing his subordinates the free hand to bring their skill, creativity and talent to the office they occupy.
4. Buhari do not support officials looting blindly. His petroleum minister was punished for receiving a wrist watch as a gift. Corruption eats up the revenue that should have been used in Developing the Nation.
5. Buhari do not tolerate criminality. Be sure they will be a heavy clamp down on Terrorists, Kidnappers and Armed Robbers. Not the one that they are arrested today and tomorrow they are back to the streets.
6. Buhari wants Nigerians to be employed or empowered with funds to start and run their businesses. In 2011, he planned to setup regional Trust Funds for each Geo-Political Region to make funds available for the Youths to start business.
7. As PTDF head, Education, Health and other sector got massive supplies - this will be repeated.
8. Buhari is very Patriotic, every region in Nigeria will have equal opportunities.
9. Even those that surround him knows his character know who he is and will not constitute a problem to his administration.

Even is at worst, Buhari don't spend time pursuing past criminals, one thing that is certain is that he will not all looting in his administration. As a Nation, we are not bad people, it is just our bad leaders today that makes it seem we cannot live in peace and be law abiding. With a man like Nigeria has a brighter days ahead.

God bless Nigeria.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by dvee2: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2014
berem:
Lolz! The blame is always on the duo who used dynamites to blow up gas pipelines. Waiting for the blame game to start.

grin grin

Is it the gas pipeline that GEJ pays Tompolo 1 Billion naira every month to protect?

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Badosqi(m): 8:05am On Oct 21, 2014
Muscomide:

Continue celebrating incompetence o, you hear? 48hrs light! Folk like you who settle for less are the reason our so called leaders take us for mugs.
Hehehe... Please wot us ur point... Are you expecting to beg dem to reduce light here or wot...Light dey my side gidigba ask anybody from this area you know..
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Coldfeets: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2014
Same old story everyday! All diz vandals dat is keeping us in darkness, diarisgod o!
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Muscomide: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2014
Ilekere:
Some of us have the luxury of turning off the lights.

*chilling in 24-hrs electricity while nggas be blowing stank breathe on firewood*

Nigerians enjoy darkness because they hate looking at other Nigerians at night. Just saying......

I enjoy reading stories that touch from Nigerian government.

I'm guessing you are one of these Nigerians in diaspora. If you are, I fail to see why you are rejoicing and celebrating another country's accomplishments. There is a Yoruba saying that only a bastard child would point out his father's house with his left hand fore-finger.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by sexzskil(f): 8:07am On Oct 21, 2014
Muscomide:

No mind them, ignorant people! I'm well travelled across Africa and can tell you authoritatively that in terms of infrastructure, Nigeria is one of the least developed countries in Africa. You need to see countries like Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Angola, Zimbabwe, Namibia, SA, Algeria, etc. One would be embarrassed for Nigeria, the deluded giant of Africa. Na so we go dey continue?
Than you. And the biggest problem is not even the leaders but the sophisticatedly deluded, paranoid citizens who take pride in themselves at the slightest opportunity, even going to the extreme of praising the government, a government of the most incompetent people that if in a sane clime would have been assassinated. So sad! Worst is that nothing will change.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by buoye1(m): 8:10am On Oct 21, 2014
Nigerians don't worry so much the new generation of power Electrical/Electronics are in the making!
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by CyberWolf: 8:10am On Oct 21, 2014
See are APC goons are rampaging on this thread...I don't blame them,it's one of their campaign tools...let them make use of it while it lasts..

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by quinnboy: 8:14am On Oct 21, 2014
Electricity supply has dropped but God knows NEPA bills remain the same. Is this the fresh air u promised us?

6 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 21, 2014
Muscomide:

I'm guessing you are one of these Nigerians in diaspora. If you are, I fail to see why you are rejoicing and celebrating another country's accomplishments. There is a Yoruba saying that only a bastard child would point out his father's house with his left hand fore-finger.

Please shut up and save the sermon for GEJ. No be me dey chop and clean mouth on top of your destiny.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:17am On Oct 21, 2014
Mynd44:

They are taking off public offices, schools, street lights and hospitals from the nations grid. That is a feasible way to allow the remaining power to everyone else. At least these buildings have power supply and with the recent drive to power all primary and secondary schools with solar energy, it shows commitment.

Perhaps it is time for the FG to sit down and revisit its power generation policy. That's after wasting more that $10bn in the past 16 years.

#sucks

That doesn't answer my question. I want to know how many MW they are generating.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:24am On Oct 21, 2014
I weep for my country.
what disheartens me most is that of all the presidential aspirants, I honestly don't see anyone who will be able to turn the tides of affairs in dis country.
who will raise a messiah for us?
who will rescue us from our self-inflicted maladies?
oluwa dey shaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Manred0(m): 8:26am On Oct 21, 2014
I thought Ateke Tom n Asari dokubo were given a lot of dollers monthly jst 2 safeguard the pipelines.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by duni04(m): 8:26am On Oct 21, 2014
The flaws in our criminal justice system will continue to bite us economically. From law enforcement to judicial processes, the entire system is in shambles. Instead of equipping and enabling our police to protect our pipelines, we're paying miscreants or militants to guard them for us. And then we complain when the same miscreants vandalise them.
Nigeria d banana republic!

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:27am On Oct 21, 2014
I hope in the future We can use some biofuels to generate power so solve all the challenges facing the power sector.
I hope government can tap into agro-products such as jatropha in achieving this.

.....Do agric Create wealth
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Olaolufred(m): 8:27am On Oct 21, 2014
eemalex:

Guy the major working power plants in the country are gas powered Little electricity comes from the dams.

Thanks for your corroboration.
Summary of your comment is: that the little coming from dams during rainy season is responsible for the marginal, but seasonal improvement.

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by anonimi: 8:29am On Oct 21, 2014
egift:
Again Buhari has been Vindicated!

This corrupt Presidency and his party must be voted out.

I would be very careful in my comments if I were you given the cause of the drop and the timing.
In case you did not notice the drop was caused by gas pipeline vandalism and happened in the past one week.

When did Buhari make his speech that you now say he is vindicated
Given his Boko Haram stance I would say tread carefully, ok?

Moreover, the announcement further reflects the greater transparency of this Jonathan/Sambo federal administration.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Olaolufred(m): 8:31am On Oct 21, 2014
quinnboy:
Electricity supply has dropped but God knows NEPA bills remain the same. Is this the fresh air u promised us?

It is fresh suffering that Nigerians demanded due to sentiments and rejection of positivity.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Collynzo29: 8:37am On Oct 21, 2014
UchihaMadara:
I need a presidential aspirant out there to assure us that we would make use of the coal we have in this country, I just don't understand why that is so hard to achieve.

Power by fossil fuels is the first thing any Electrical Engineer learns in his Power 101 class. It is really disheartening to see all our "power eggs", so to speak, being placed in one basket; the natural gas basket.

Please take a look at the distribution of energy sources in the U.S:

[img]http://crf.sandia.gov/wp/wp-content/gallery/uploads/Fig1.jpg[/img]

Also, it's high time the government placed extremely high penalties on vandals. Left to me and vandal caught should serve life imprisonment.
Allow them to keep deceiving themselves, I keep saying it that until we embrace coal as a souce of energy, we will never achieve anything close to stable power supply.
Advanced countries like UK, USA, China, Germany, South Africa etc still use coal as their number one source of power generation despite all the so called alternatives at their disposal, but some people think a highly populated country like Nigeria can achieve steady power by depending on 100MW gas plants littered everywhere.
I just dey look.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by otokx(m): 8:38am On Oct 21, 2014
Let us tell ourselves the truth; there was no gas pipeline vandalism.

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by daryoor(m): 8:41am On Oct 21, 2014
the solution is simple na.
cant the house make a rule condeming power infrastructure vandals to death.

all they need is getting scape goats and televise their sentencing. that way if any apc fellow call u to vandalise u'll think twice.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by tempest01(m): 8:43am On Oct 21, 2014
berem:
The rains are almost gone so power has dropped by 1000MW.
What exactly do you expect from a clueless government who only celebrate increase in electricity supply during the rainy season?

Fresh Air! grin grin

Stop deceiving yourself....rain no dey fall for other government tenure?

Is it that the gas can be used as cooking gas? How do they tap a gas pipeline sef? Crude is liquid, do I can understand.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Shollay20(m): 8:43am On Oct 21, 2014
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by temi4fash(m): 8:49am On Oct 21, 2014
oyb:
super excuse men
you have got a pm sir.....
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by philips70(m): 8:50am On Oct 21, 2014
Truckpusher:
People, they said vandalism and of course we know the people that has this as their stock in trade......APC

THUNDER FIRE YOUR FINGERTIPS IF YOU QUOTE ME FOR THE WRONG REASONS. angry

I have seen your picture once in your profile and it showed you to be a matured man but you speak smaller than most teens in this forum. Are you an Agbaya?

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by egift(m): 8:51am On Oct 21, 2014
anonimi:
I would be very careful in my comments if I were you given the cause of the drop and the timing.
In case you did not notice the drop was caused by gas pipeline vandalism and happened in the past one week.

When did Buhari make his speech that you now say he is vindicated
Given his Boko Haram stance I would say tread carefully, ok?

Moreover, the announcement further reflects the greater transparency of this Jonathan/Sambo federal administration.

Keep defending criminality of Jonathan. Buhari said that PDP in 15 years has been spending our money without significant increase in electricity generation. Jonathan and his thugs claimed that it is almost 5,000MW.

Now everyone can see that we are all in darkness is because it is just a little above 2,000 MW.

And the excuse is just a yeye lie. The rain is stopping, water level is dropping - so we are back to darkness.

PDP will be kicked out for incompetence.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tambuwal: I Withdrew From Presidential Race In The Larger Interest / Fresh Leadership Crisis Looms In APC / Lagos State Government Procures 100 Vehicles For Traditional Rulers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.