Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,840 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Set-up Of Charity Section - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Set-up Of Charity Section (5664 Views)

Today Is International Women's Day 2016: What Is It And Why Was It Set Up? / She Did Not Plan To Die (TRIBUTE To My Beloved Grandma Mrs Charity Nnoli ) / A Nairalander Referred Abroad For Treatment Needs Contact Info Of Charity Orgs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by KingTom(m): 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
Seun:
Try reading the first post.
Ok thanks.
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by jumzzy448: 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
This is a beautiful idea. I support 1OO percent.

1 Like

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
Oya create the section for charity na.
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by KingTom(m): 5:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
Abeg make we talk about charity o leave Oba Seun and his forum I'm glad you understand now that if this goes wrong, Seun would be held responsible which is what he is trying to tell you guys cheesy

1 Like

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Caracta(f): 5:04pm On Oct 24, 2014
Let's talk about Charity section cheesy
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
Charity section would be a nice idea I bliv in giving to d poor and needy, but I just hope it won't be an avenue for fraudsters dis is online anyfin can happen. If it will work fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Acidosis(m): 5:15pm On Oct 24, 2014
Nairaland sections have specific aims and objectives; what would be the aim of a Charity Section? To help the needy?

Who are the needy? Those without jobs and profitable businesses? The homeless? Those who need iPhone 6?

Wouldn't a charity thread clash with Tehn?

Who will verify the claims on the section?

Are we ready to track/trace and accomodate new handles for this purpose?

subzidi:
Hi Mods/To-Whom-It-May-Concern,
Someone like me prefers to pay my tithe this way and it is difficult to scout from thread to thread /section to section looking for who needs help.
Shallom!!
There is only 1 way by which you can pay your tithe. Any other way aside the original way is called GIVING/DONATION/OFFERING/Seed, etc.
You don't have to discourage (mis-lead) tithers.

3 Likes

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Luckygurl(f): 5:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
Acidosis:

There is only 1 way by which you can pay your tithe. Any other way aside the original way is called GIVING/DONATION/OFFERING/Seed, etc.
You don't have to discourage (mis-lead) tithers.
#Fact.
You couldn't have said it better.

The good book said it all..
Any other thing else is pure charity.

1 Like

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
Figure of speech una no understand, who tell you say the commenter no know tithing.
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Seun(m): 5:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
There are many threads on tithing in the religion section. We can continue that aspect of the discussion here: www.nairaland.com/1934119
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by EfemenaXY: 5:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
Seun:

Thanks for your perspective. It's very valuable and whatever we decide will be designed to accommodate people based abroad.

Cool - thanks! smiley
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Busybody2(f): 6:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
Seun:

This is about helping people in the best way, while minimizing risks. It's not about TeHN or no TeHN. It's about people we want to help.

Seun:

Thanks for your perspective. It's very valuable and whatever we decide will be designed to accommodate people based abroad.

Hmmm lipsrsealed cool cool

1 Like

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by chibwike(m): 6:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
Setting up a charity section on NL...would not really work, as a matter of fact....coz when when it is eventually set up.....the people that are really poor and really needs the help, would not be reached....coz a poor, helpless or sick man, might not have a phone, not to talk of surfing the internet and coming to nairaland....and with what i have seen here, it would be graced with dupes and scammers in no distant time.
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by EfemenaXY: 6:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
chibwike:
Setting up a charity section on NL...would not really work, as a matter of fact....coz when when it is eventually set up.....the people that are really poor and really needs the help, would not be reached....coz a poor, helpless or sick man, might not have a phone, not to talk of surfing the internet and coming to nairaland....and with what i have seen here, it would be graced with dupes and scammers in no distant time.

How would it be graced by dupes and scammers if:

1. The only people allowed to create threads in that section are the Admin and / or selected mods?

2. If the only threads posted on there have already been verified and vetted by TEHN?

3. I'm yet to come across any charity that single handedly reaches all the really poor and needy. How would this one be any different?

4. What are your proposed suggestions?

1 Like

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
His neighbour may have and might be a Nlder

The man that passes him on his way to work may also have

The guy that buys popcorn from him too

Those associated with charity here should be allowed to continue with it

chibwike:

Btw

no dey edit my post oooo!! make I no swear give you oo!!!! No just try me at all! Leave it the way I leave am... its plagiarism ooo. no make I sue your ass! Whoever it is that edited my former post.

2 Likes

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
Chop knuckle! Exactly!!

EfemenaXY:

How would it be graced by dupes and scammers if:

1. The only people allowed to create threads in that section are the Admin and / or selected mods?

2. If the only threads posted on there have already been verified and vetted by TEHN?

3. I'm yet to come across any charity that single handedly reaches all the really poor and needy. How would this one be any different?

4. What are your proposed suggestions?

1 Like

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
chibwike:

This family was leaving under the bridge with no internet nor phone. They never heard or been on Nairaland. Nevertheless, they were rescued by TEHN through Nairaland.
Please look at this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/801338/man-raises-family-under-lagos

1 Like

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by EfemenaXY: 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
shoefreak:
Chop knuckle! Exactly!!

Thanks my sister.

The way I see it:

~ People with genuine cause for help do their part and contact TEHN and then leave it at that.

~ TEHN will then do their part by sorting out the wheat from the chaff by sieving out the real from the fake requests. (I honestly don't envy them for this bit)

~ Once verified, they'll create a neutral thread per vetted request. It would sort of be run like the Diary Section, but a bit stricter so no one can post on the threads created. That way, readers won't be bombarded with endless pleas, reminders, and even eventual threats for not responding or acting.

But the best part - I think - is being able to choose the thread(s) which I, as a potential donor, feel touches me the most.

1 Like

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
Yeah. It's not easy. They deserve a time out. I agree with all you wrote.

EfemenaXY:

Thanks my sister.

The way I see it:

~ People with genuine cause for help do their part and contact TEHN and then leave it at that.

~ TEHN will then do their part by sorting out the wheat from the chaff by sieving out the real from the fake requests. (I honestly don't envy them for this bit)

~ Once verified, they'll create a neutral thread per vetted request. It would sort of be run like the Diary Section, but a bit stricter so no one can post on the threads created. That way, readers won't be bombarded with endless pleas, reminders, and even eventual threats for not responding or acting.

But the best part - I think - is being able to choose the thread(s) which I, as a potential donor, feel touches me the most.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? / She Knew She Won’t Make It Till The Next Day. / I Will Cheat On My Wife From This Week-help Needed!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.