Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Set-up Of Charity Section - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Set-up Of Charity Section (5665 Views)

Today Is International Women's Day 2016: What Is It And Why Was It Set Up? / She Did Not Plan To Die (TRIBUTE To My Beloved Grandma Mrs Charity Nnoli ) / A Nairalander Referred Abroad For Treatment Needs Contact Info Of Charity Orgs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Busybody2(f): 12:19am On Oct 25, 2014
akinsadeez:

Whaaaat! This is simply laughable.

Na wa for these people who just rush to comment without properly reading through the thread. grin

The joke is on you Mr Zulu Gambari. Firstly, three of my posts on the first page of this thread were hidden by the Admin.

Secondly R231 and Jaybee3 and Gboliwe and Pickabeau1 are the "only" TEHN committee on this thread, so can you pinpoint a single post between these four gentlemen clamouring for TEHN to act as dogsbody/foot soldiers of the proposed pie-in-the-sky charity section

3 Likes

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Idowuogbo(f): 9:00am On Oct 25, 2014
Busybody2:

The joke is on you Mr Zulu Gambari. Firstly, three of my posts on the first page of this thread were hidden by the Admin.

Secondly R231 and Jaybee3 and Gboliwe and Pickabeau1 are the "only" TEHN committee on this thread, so can you pinpoint a single post between these four gentlemen clamouring for TEHN to act as dogsbody/foot soldiers of the proposed pie-in-the-sky charity section

Na real gambari.... Awon ITK's with dead brain cells.

Oshisko!

@poster

Good idea o jere...I'm with you on this....but, TeHn must VERIFY. Emi o si fo shi

Signed
Deaconess Kofoshi

1 Like

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 25, 2014
Idowuogbo:

Na real gambari.... Awon ITK's with dead brain cells.

Oshisko!

@poster

Good idea o jere...I'm with you on this....but, TeHn must VERIFY. Emi o si fo shi

Signed
Deaconess Kofoshi

When did you change from Iya igboro to deaconess. Omo did I miss the ordination? grin
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Idowuogbo(f): 9:14am On Oct 25, 2014
teeo:

When did you change from Iya igboro to deaconess. Omo did I miss the ordination? grin
... grin grin grin

Carry yourself comot joor!
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Idowuogbo(f): 9:17am On Oct 25, 2014
OmoAlata1:
I love this idea and welcome it. I too will love to pay my tithe this way as I don't trust churches. I don't want to sponsor my pastor next aeroplane or Royce rolls. I will rather give it to someone who desperately needs it to better their circumstances.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 25, 2014
Idowuogbo:

... grin grin grin

Carry yourself comot joor!

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Caracta(f): 9:30am On Oct 25, 2014
My posts have been heavily edited and some hidden. Hian!

I thought as much...

1 Like

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by ifyalways(f): 9:38am On Oct 25, 2014
I think having a charity section on NLD is long overdue. Of course, scammers and all sorts of people would invade the section but the onus lies on anyone persuaded to give to make an effort to verify the story before giving.

TEHN does a good job at that ie verification but sometimes, certain needs can be quite urgent and/or petty, or TEHN might be busy with another project so making the charity section a TEHN exclusive affair won't be a good idea.

A section open to everyone to post is cool, IMO.

@Seun, if you are bothered about scam, add a disclaimer. simples.
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Idowuogbo(f): 9:41am On Oct 25, 2014
TheCongo:

This family was leaving under the bridge with no internet nor phone. They never heard or been on Nairaland. Nevertheless, they were rescued by TEHN through Nairaland.
Please look at this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/801338/man-raises-family-under-lagos
PREACH BRO! PREAAAAAAAAACH!!!!

School them o!

Like say thine internet no b means of spreading thine word in thine land? Thine internet happens to be one of the most powerful tool used to draw people closer to thine word. Pope sef get twitter. Gba gbe o shi mehn...
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Acidosis(m): 11:05am On Oct 25, 2014
In my own understanding, the cons of a charity section outweigh the benefits.

Also, we need to consider the age group on this forum (mostly 18 - 40, comprising of students, graduates, workers, job-seekers, better-job and opportunity seekers). As a matter of fact, non-nairalanders will not come here to seek help. So it is a course by nairalanders, and for nairalanders.

If we really want to empower nairalanders, we could come up with better ideas. People need "empowerment" not charity. A graduate who couldn't pay his house rent, rather than ask for a job (via job & vacancy section) might turn to a charity section addict. This act as we all know could encourage apathy.

I suggest we suspend the idea, (afterall, TeHN is doing a similar job).

Yes, you can empower graduates, you can empower students (with scholarships), you can empower a passionate lady with bakers' confectionery, sewing machines, etc.

Except Mr Seun is ready to incorporate Charity in his business which would be run at his own discretion, it would be wrong to subject faceless Nigerians in this course.

Lastly, To Mr Seun: I plead and ask that you suspend the ban on cdamsel. You didn't only hid her posts, she got a ban for the same offence commited by most posters on this thread.

Pls do the needful, sire. smiley

1 Like

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by DollyParton1(f): 11:14am On Oct 25, 2014

1 Like

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Dygeasy(m): 11:20am On Oct 25, 2014
And on this thread back and forth we shall go arguing and debating while in the end it just fades.

Welcome to Nairaland!
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Caracta(f): 11:43am On Oct 25, 2014
Dygeasy:
And on this thread back and forth we shall go arguing and debating while in the end it just fades.

Welcome to Nairaland!

cheesy
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2014
This thread has given me an insight into the world politic on the Rwanda Genocide.
While someone may be dying and need help, people are showing opposition to the rescue effort.

Why so much politic? Can we put the politic aside and live as human being by helping one another?
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by EfemenaXY: 4:58pm On Oct 25, 2014
TheCongo:
This thread has given me an insight into the world politic on the Rwanda Genocide.
While someone may be dying and need help, people are showing opposition to the rescue effort.

Why so much politic? Can we put the politic aside and live as human being by helping one another?

How?

Everyone wants to help in one way or the other, but no-one wants to be scammed.

Nigerian scammers are a completely different, innovative, and an out-of-this-world breed.
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
EfemenaXY:

How?

Everyone wants to help in one way or the other, but no-one wants to be scammed.

Nigerian scammers are a completely different, innovative, and an out-of-this-world breed.

That is the purpose of TeHN. To investigate cases. Why opposing TeHN effort?
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by EfemenaXY: 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2014
TheCongo:

That is the purpose of TeHN. To investigate cases. Why opposing TeHN effort?

How exactly am I opposing TeHN's efforts?
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 25, 2014
EfemenaXY:

How exactly am I opposing TeHN's efforts?

Sorry, there is an misunderstanding. I am not talking about you but the people who are debating on this thread
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by pickabeau1: 5:16pm On Oct 25, 2014
Of course Americans don't scam people
British don't scam even though scam is an English word

That one has some change to spare for the poor Nigerian masses does give them the power to label a country as scammers.

Such charity
Such power
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by EfemenaXY: 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2014
TheCongo:

Sorry, there is an misunderstanding. I am not talking about you but the people who are debating on this thread

Okay. No worries. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? / She Knew She Won’t Make It Till The Next Day. / Help: My Boyfriend's Mother Extorts Money From Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.