Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

My Opinion:why Buhari Shouldnt Contest For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion:why Buhari Shouldnt Contest For President (951 Views)

Ministerial List: Why Buhari Holds On To 15 Other Nominees / Must read! Reasons why Buhari shouldnt be President. / Why Buhari Shouldnt Rule Again- To Bring Back Death Penalty For Various Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion:why Buhari Shouldnt Contest For President by AltarBoy1: 3:27pm On Oct 21, 2014
This is clearly my own opinion.
We all know the religous tension that have engulf Nigeria esp as the northerner muslims are always at the forefront of starting a religion crisis. Buhari contesting for the president is like initiating a "religious crisis reaction", waiting for an enzyme to activate it and that enzyme is if he LOSSES.
We all know what happened in 2011 as most of the northern states went into religous crisis after the presidential result was announced. Just like Shiek Gumi said, Buhari is seen by the average northern muslim as one who represent Islam, albiet even if pdp field a muslim candidate who is not from the core north, the average northern muslims will see him as enemy of Islam and not an oppositon of Buhari and will likely start a crisis if Buhari losses to him. So, to keep Nigeria safe and united, apc should field any candidate other than Buhari (irrespective of his religion), this in a way will remove the Islamic eyes with which northern muslims are viewing this upcoming election. Am not here to prophesize, but believe me, if Buhari should loss this election, (whether free/fair or not) there is 75percent chances of religous crisis igniting in the northern part of the country.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion:why Buhari Shouldnt Contest For President by jchima14: 3:30pm On Oct 21, 2014
AltarBoy1:
This is clearly my own opinion.
We all know the religous tension that have engulf Nigeria esp as the northerner muslims are always at the forefront of starting a religion crisis. Buhari contesting for the president is like initiating a "religious crisis reaction", waiting for an enzyme to activate it and that enzyme is if he LOSSES.
We all know what happened in 2011 as most of the northern states went into religous crisis after the presidential result was announced. Just like Shiek Gumi said, Buhari is seen by the average northern muslim as one who represent Islam, albiet even if pdp field a muslim candidate who is not from the core north, the average northern muslims will see him as enemy of Islam and not an oppositon of Buhari and will likely start a crisis if Buhari losses to him. So, to keep Nigeria safe and united, apc should field any candidate other than Buhari (irrespective of his religion), this in a way will remove the Islamic eyes with which northern muslims are viewing this upcoming election. Am not here to prophesize, but believe me, if Buhari should loss this election, (whether free/fair or not) there is 75percent chances of religous crisis igniting in the northern part of the country.
doesn't count
Re: My Opinion:why Buhari Shouldnt Contest For President by chaberry(m): 3:46pm On Oct 21, 2014
GEJ
Re: My Opinion:why Buhari Shouldnt Contest For President by AltarBoy1: 3:49pm On Oct 21, 2014
jchima14:

doesn't count
For unity and safety of this country, it counts.
Re: My Opinion:why Buhari Shouldnt Contest For President by AltarBoy1: 3:51pm On Oct 21, 2014
chaberry:
GEJ
Am not a fan of GEJ. If apc can field kwankwaso or any younger politician, my vote is going to them.
Re: My Opinion:why Buhari Shouldnt Contest For President by egift(m): 4:09pm On Oct 21, 2014
Funny how Looters are doing all they can to hold on to power. It will not work. Zoologist will head back home.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion:why Buhari Shouldnt Contest For President by Joevics(m): 5:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
egift:
Funny how Looters are doing all they can to hold on to power. It will not work. Zoologist will head back home.
you re calling him a zoologist, is been a zoologist a crime? He has been a president and even if he looses, he will still be viewed as a past national leader. My question is :What have you done with your pathetic life and so edified degree? Think well as i await a reply.
egift:
you re calling him a zoologist, is been a zoologist a crime? He has been a president and even if he looses, he will still be viewed as a past national leader. My question is :What have you done with your pathetic life and so edified degree? Think well as i await a reply.
egift:
Re: My Opinion:why Buhari Shouldnt Contest For President by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
I am tired of calling our people in the North to relocate home.
Re: My Opinion:why Buhari Shouldnt Contest For President by ijechikky(f): 7:18pm On Oct 21, 2014
The grounds on wch sm pipo promote Buhari as d alternative choice's ar not only shaky but pitifully naive..
Can sm1 pls tell me any"Prospect change if buhari shud be in power??
Re: My Opinion:why Buhari Shouldnt Contest For President by AltarBoy1: 8:01am On Oct 23, 2014
noblezone:
I am tired of calling our people in the North to relocate home.
The fact is, basically all southerners in the north knws that if Buhari wins APC primaries and becomes the party's flag bearer, then they will surely leave the northern part before the main election. But if its any other candidate aside Buhari, then there is hope that nothing will happen.
Re: My Opinion:why Buhari Shouldnt Contest For President by AltarBoy1: 8:01am On Oct 23, 2014
ijechikky:
The grounds on wch sm pipo promote Buhari as d alternative choice's ar not only shaky but pitifully naive..
Can sm1 pls tell me any"Prospect change if buhari shud be in power??
Born to rule brotherhood i guess...
Re: My Opinion:why Buhari Shouldnt Contest For President by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 23, 2014
egift:
now you are sounding like a jambite, what's wrong in being a zoologist?
Re: My Opinion:why Buhari Shouldnt Contest For President by AltarBoy1: 1:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
menabadoo:
now you are sounding like a jambite, what's wrong in being a zoologist?
Dont mind the guy... Ask him, wch one does buhari have...

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help Identifying This Nigerian Icon...thanks In Advance / Are Igbo People Really Foolish? (2) / Breaking!!!!!! Burkina Faso's Lt Col Isaac Zida Named Prime Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.