Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo (964 Views)

I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership / I’m Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria – Prof. Osinbajo / I'm Joining Politics For Eight Years - Nollywood Actress Kate Henshaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by DailyTimes: 2:46am On Dec 18, 2014

All Progressives Congress Presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(right) presenting a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, as his running mate in Abuja on Wednesday.

The      All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Wednesday announced   Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as his running mate, thus putting to an end, days of speculations on the issue.

Osinbajo was the Lagos State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice when the APC National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, was governor.

The Ogun State-born serving pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, is married to a granddaughter of the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

Decked in a dark suit, a white shirt and a red tie, he promised, in his acceptance speech, to rebuild Nigeria with Buhari.

Before Buhari formally unveiled him at the APC national headquarters in Abuja, Tinubu had issued a statement in which he said that the APC presidential candidate   offered him(Tinubu) the position of running mate.

The former Lagos State governor, who was reported to have had interest in the post, explained that he rejected the offer because of his decision to remain a bridge builder across all divides.

While presenting Osinbajo, Buhari said, “To assist me in this great task of securing Nigeria’s future, I have chosen a man of unimpeachable integrity, an excellent professional, a man of faith, a devoted family man and a role model to our fellow countrymen and women.

“He is a professor of Law and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria. An alumnus of the University of Lagos and the London School of Economics. He is a prodigious author who has to his credit several books on civil procedure in Nigerian superior courts.

“The vice-presidential candidate is a friend of the less privileged, compassionate and zealous in service.

“A man of uncommon humility, a loyal, dependable and selfless patriot. He is Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, who by the grace of God and the vote of Nigerians, will be the next vice-president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

Buhari expressed gratitude to Nigerians for their growing support since his election as the APC presidential candidate   for the February 14, 2015 poll.

According to him, the huge acceptance of the APC and his candidacy by Nigerians had boosted his resolve to lead the process of rebuilding   Nigeria and securing “our future.”

He recalled that in his acceptance speech, he pledged to run an efficient government, fight corruption and indiscipline in “our national life” if elected president.

The APC candidate also promised to end the current regime of fear and uncertainty in   the country and place priority on national security.

He pledged to rebuild our battered economy and reduce poverty by deliberate policies   that would lead to the   creation of   jobs for Nigerian youths.

Buhari said, “The challenging process of rescuing our country and changing Nigeria for good has commenced. One of the first decisions that I have to make is the choice of my running mate.”

Explaining the delay in the announcement of his running mate, the former Head of State, said the method employed in choosing Osinbajo was “quite meticulous but yet rigorous.”

He said that it involved the establishment of objective criteria, broad consultations with party leaders and a few opinion leaders outside the party as well as interactions with a number of nominees.

Accepting the offer, Osinbajo said he was privileged to be offered the opportunity to serve as Buhari’s running mate. He explained that he had consulted widely before taking on the task.

The former commissioner said, “The task of rebuilding this nation is one to which I am fully committed. There can be no other President, Leader and commander that can lead that common sense revolution Nigeria urgently needs than Gen. Buhari.

“I will proudly serve this country with him. Gen. Buhari’s uprightness and fierce commitment to good governance are well known. It will be a privilege to work with him.

“I come to this assignment with a lot of hope and a resolve to be a part of this movement to bring Nigeria back to its lost glory. With the support of all Nigerians and the help of God, we shall make Nigeria work again.

“I will work with him and the party to restore hope and confidence in millions of our youths and provide comfort and security for millions of our countrymen and women.”

The selection of the APC vice-presidential candidate   had generated intense debate and interest since the emergence of Buhari as the presidential candidate last Friday.

Governors   Rotimi Amaechi(Rivers); and   Babatunde Fashola(Lagos); as well as   a former governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi; Senator Chris Ngige and former National Chairman of the defunct All Nigerian Peoples Party, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, had previously been tipped   for the vice presidential slot.

It was   learnt after the unveiling of Osinbajo that Amaechi would be named the Director-General of the APC presidential campaign.

http://www.punchng.com/news/im-joining-buhari-to-rebuild-nigeria-osinbajo/

http://www./apps/forums/topics/show/13094848-i-m-joining-buhari-to-rebuild-nigeria-osinbajo
Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by Unionised(m): 2:47am On Dec 18, 2014
The campaign begins....
Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by bjayx: 2:57am On Dec 18, 2014
Wish U guys success. Buhari/Osibanjo may not really be the answer but Jonathans gross failure made them a formidable candidate. My question is why do nigerian political parties present quack candidates to nigerians since 1999
Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by mileyjay(m): 2:59am On Dec 18, 2014
Let's see if they wins
Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by Seaen(m): 3:02am On Dec 18, 2014
Change is coming at last. The choice is made. Buhari/Osinbajo it is. smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by Seaen(m): 3:05am On Dec 18, 2014
Quack candidates?? Bros you need to visit Google more. He is really nice. wink
bjayx:
Wish U guys success. Buhari/Osibanjo may not really be the answer but Jonathans gross failure made them a formidable candidate. My question is why do nigerian political parties present quack candidates to nigerians since 1999

1 Like

Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:18am On Dec 18, 2014
bjayx:
My question is why do nigerian political parties present quack candidates to nigerians since 1999
quack you say? Bro that's the game in politics, APC is a step ahead of winning the federal level. They brought the candidate that will present the votes.

1 Like

Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by trinity85: 3:18am On Dec 18, 2014
If they like let them present Adeboye himself. GEJ till 2019
Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by Extom(m): 3:21am On Dec 18, 2014
Honestly, I wasn't really feeling the APC.
But seeing this move, you can't but notice that this is a very logical and objective team-up with depth, commitment and the will to serve.
KICK CLUELESSNESS OUT OF ASO ROCK ALREADY!!!

1 Like

Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by golor(m): 3:40am On Dec 18, 2014
This ur building of Nigeria should be whether u and buhari win or loose the election ooo,cos we nigerian are tired of all dis plenty talks...ur action shld speak louder than voice.
Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by juman(m): 3:40am On Dec 18, 2014
Seaen:

It is may be change is coming. Those nigerian leaders are not reliable.

A country of 54 years of nonsenses.
Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by kossyablaze(m): 3:52am On Dec 18, 2014
Kfb

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by iluvweed(m): 4:47am On Dec 18, 2014
I wish him GOODLUCK!
Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by dollarsplenty(m): 5:19am On Dec 18, 2014
The two (Buhari and Osibanjo) are Nation- Builders per excellence. Nigeria has never had it better in presidential combination like this.

Both are men of uncommon humility,

Both are morally and religiously certified

They are somehow immuned to corruption

They have good pedigrees

They are bold and respected in their regions

They have reached the peak of their careers with good records

In summary, they had been tested and they were trusted. They can still be trusted with our VOTES.

They are the CHANGE every sane nigerian yearns and seeks.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:23am On Dec 18, 2014
Internal colonialists Hausa Fulani Yoruba

Joining forces to develop Nigeria using groundnut and cocoa wealth

Hausa Fulani presidency = 2015-2023

Yoruba presidency = 2023-2031

Others are slaves to Born To Rule ethnic groups
Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by PassingShot(m): 5:36am On Dec 18, 2014
You're welcome to the change team sir. Congrats!
Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by SweetJoystick(m): 5:45am On Dec 18, 2014
Rebuild well the winning team when elected and sworn in May 29, 2015
Re: I'm Joining Buhari To Rebuild Nigeria - Osinbajo by vanunu: 6:04am On Dec 18, 2014
Seaen:

There will be no change that will be more than the solid foundation that gej is building for nigeria. Some nigerians have eyes but cannot see

(1) (Reply)

Good / What Would U Do If U Have 6 Months To Live More And Die / Again, Jonathan Begs Aggrieved PDP Chieftains Not To Leave Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.