Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,616 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) (8222 Views)

What Has Dokpesi Done Wrong? / 4 Nigerians Killed In South Africa / What Has Nnewi Done Wrong, Your Excellency?: Open Letter To Governor Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by explorer250(m): 10:25am On Oct 22, 2014
PassingShot:
OP, please learn how to space your writing with paragraphs in order to safe us from this torment of reading through your epistle.

@ the topic, GEJ is simply not competent to rule Nigeria for many reasons:

1. Corruption in this magnitude and form had never been witnessed in Nigeria before him

2. GEJ says "stealing is not corruption" and you still expect me to vote for him.

3. Stella Oduah's case

4. Farook Lawan's case

5. Oil subsidy scam

6. Boko haram sponsors wine and dine with GEJ

7. Epileptic power supply

8. Unemployment continues to rise

9. He sees himsel as a faction leader of the SS and SE

plus many more I can't even remember now.
Give us the proof where he said that stealing is not corruption. What corruption are you even talking about? Can the so called increase in corruption be compared to abacha loot?,the unaccounted and unprobed $2.8bn oil money when buhari was the mininster of petroleum and several billions when he was the petroleum trust fund chairman?, can it be compared to the illegal acquisation of oil blocks by northerners?, the obasanjo loot when he was both military and civilian head of state, through several hike in oil prices?, can it be compared to the ibb loot?, can it be compared with the nigerian farm machines that was turned to obj personal farm machines? Can it be compared with the loot of the several northern military heads of state? Or has it been proved that jonathan looted the nations treasury? 3 stella odua: hasnt she been removed? Did Gej share the money with her? Is it Gejs fault that she bought armoured vehicles? Even at that did el rufai achieved more fleet than odua? What about the missing aviation money that was stolen by el rufai? 4 farook: did Gej benefit from his misconduct? 5 oil subsidy: during the regime obj oil prices was higher than that of Gej. Have you forgotten that Gej stabilised oil price at N65 for a long time which no previous administration did? Havent you felt the impact of sure_p? The hospital at my village was built by sure_p and other countless projects. Do you know that the FG only take 40% of sure_p while states take the remaining 60%? Havent you heared of the vehicle donations, youth skill acquisation, 2nd niger bridge etc that FG embarked on with their little 40% of sure_p. If you dont feel the benefit of the subsidy removal then hold your state goverment responsible. 6 boko saga: do you have evidence to indict those wineing and dining with Gej? If Gej uses the military without tangible evidence to arrest buhari, ibb and all the northern elites and political leaders on the basis of supporting insurgency how will you feel? Infact that will mark the end of nigeria. For crying out loud have anyone caught them giving money or any assistance to boko haram? People like you will be the first to protest against such act. 7 epileptic power: you are either a joker or an ignorant fool in this aspect. Can you vouch with your life that power hasnt improve since Gej regime? I can swear with mine! Did you see obj and the previous administrations make significant investment in the power sector? But Gej has put so much attention to power not less than 2 power plants are found across each state of federation. As i am typing now i have electricity in my house i can boast of nothing less than 10hrs power supply each day unlike before when power was maximum for 2 hours for every two days because we shared our transformer with three streets. 8 umemployment: umemployment has been a global problem not only in Nigeria. Wasnt there increase in unemployment during previous administrations or was everybody employed then? Lolz. But jonathan is doing his part to secure employment for Nigerians. Come to igboland and witness for yourself. We do not depend on govt rather we struggle to work out our employment. Igboland is the region with the least FG presence after the civil war but we are still the region with the lowest unemployment rate in Nigeria, suprised?, google it in case of doubts. I think that your region should do more at encouraging hardwork among its citizens and human resources. Leave FG alone so that we will not go into abject poverty, little wonder why the north is the porert despite over 40 years in power. 9 factional leadership: do you mean factional leader of ss and se when over 80% of his project go to the north, do you mean factional leader when he commissioned over 100bn project at north east despite the insurgency, something he has not even done for se. It is only the sw that can lament the inability of Gej to live upto expectation to them but for any northerner saying so is an ingrate and hypocrite. I will still say it Gej is a saint compared to previous administrations. And also pls if you want to accuse Gej bring out the proven evidence of his misdeeds and not mere sentiments angry

7 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 22, 2014
Following to glean some knowledge.
Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by explorer250(m): 11:09am On Oct 22, 2014
do we know that Gej left NIFEST taking place at ebonyi to commission an international airport at dutse(jigawa state) rather he sent his deputy to ebonyi(SE). Despite all these projects they still despise him

1 Like

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by standupguy(m): 11:17am On Oct 22, 2014
XketchDesigns:
How much ignorance can you display trying to paint this very black man white?

Is he the ambassador to UAE?? Are you for real?
Whose job is it to prosecute "perceived" corrupt individual? Are you serious??

Is he not their boss? Is it not his job to make sure they are doing the right thing?

Why did he fire SLS, was it not apparently because he was not carrying out his duties? Why has he asked about 4 heads of NNPC?
Abi does people are different for the ambassador to UAE and the rest?

Grow a conscience and stop supporting evil.

You just said the same thing, he fired them and it's the job of anti graft agencies to prosecute them.

1 Like

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by XketchDesigns(m): 11:33am On Oct 22, 2014
explorer250:
is he the one that vandalised the pipelines that caused the drop? I will say amen a hundred times. But may your house hold be ran as buhari and obasanjo ran this nation. Including the hanging of citizens and the wiping out of a community! Pls help me say amen with that, keeping silent or not replying simply means that you are an e_warrior. Guy you also know that you wont be voted into power come 2015. America did not achieve 24 hour constant power supply within 4 years not even 10 years. No country on earth did that. Achieving stable power is a contenous responsibility in such a way that every administration contributes its own quota and leaves the rest for the upcoming. Our late president yaradua is the only president that tried to make significant achievement on power sector. The previous regime including obj and the military did not put significant interest in it. So do you expect jonathan to do magic and give you 24 hour power within four years? Pls lets stop to be hypocritical. Hating mr president will only cause you high bp when he rules you again at 2015.
then why did he make such a promise, when knowing well he could not fulfil such a promise?
Doesn't that make him a lair? And what does that make you? Defending a lair?

1 Like

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by standupguy(m): 11:37am On Oct 22, 2014
XketchDesigns:

then why did he make such a promise, when knowing well he could not fulfil such a promise?
Doesn't that make him a lair? And what does that make you? Defending a lair?

It makes him human.
It is absolutely normal to underestimate a situation.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by shizzleStar: 11:40am On Oct 22, 2014
Most of the people are from one section of this country, they desperately want GEJ out of office because it is no longer business as usual for them

2 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by XketchDesigns(m): 11:42am On Oct 22, 2014
Tintinix:

Please to whose advantage is it that Gas lines that cannot be harvested or the product stored to resell are vandalized?
The hope being that before repairs and stabilization of the grid takes place, those experiencing near steady ( of which I am one) power supply not be disgruntle again but i am not deceived.

Please leave matters.

go to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1959085/power-generation-drops-1000mw-due/7 and see how people are so joyful in hearing that power has dropped by 1000mw, all because it'd portray the government in a bad light.

Infact they would have wished ebola did more harm so that it'd have been GEJ's fault, else it is up Fashola!

I totally agree with you @explorer250, even with the over investment in the North! More than their own kin had done for them, to keep them in perceptual servitude so they don't know the truth for themselves.

Nigeria is the only country where they vandalise pipes right? The US, brasil that have constant power supply the government does absolutely nothing to ensure that, it just happens?

Instead of you people to demand accountability from your leaders you are creating flimsy excuses for them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by winniz: 11:42am On Oct 22, 2014
shizzleStar:
Most of the people are from one section of this country, they desperately want GEJ out of office because it is no longer business as usual for them

Seconded cool cool

1 Like

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by standupguy(m): 11:46am On Oct 22, 2014
On unemployment, i have seen this administration introduce policies that will benefit us and create employment.

The auto policy comes to mind,
Privatization of the power sector
Revitalization of rail transport and
Heavy investment in agriculture.

We have to understand that a lot of these policies takes time to take effect. We have also seen significant economic growth in the past two year.

Oby ezekwesili said we suffer failed institution in this country and I agree with her because the issue of corruption has never been what one man can fight.
We have the judiciary who have been, greatly compromised, the anti graft agencies, and the house of rep all who are supposed to be the champions of anti corruption functioning independently.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by Uchan4u(m): 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2014
AMvanquish:
Well, Efcc is now redundant. A shadow of it used to be.

Do u mean that Jonathan is the DG of EFCC? You should know that Obj used EFCC to victimize political opponents. GEJ is a true democrat and hence has given the institutions the free hand to carryout their constitutional duty.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by activatenigeria: 1:47pm On Oct 22, 2014
ayoola2002:
He encourage corruption.
Oduagate, Daniel, Fayose nd many more, he fail to prosecute them.

Is it the duty of the President to punish or prosecute alleged corrupt individuals?

1 Like

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by Tintinix: 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Nigeria is the only country where they vandalise pipes right? The US, brasil that have constant power supply the government does absolutely nothing to ensure that, it just happens?

Instead of you people to demand accountability from your leaders you are creating flimsy excuses for them.

You people...
Accountability..

We have been told the reason for the power drop and the accountable government is doing all to repair the vandalized sections to restore power...
People who vandalize have an agenda all over the world and i am saying the agenda here is "Pull him down"!

The point the @OP is making which I am reiterating is that when we had it far far worse, those government were not as criticized like this one.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by explorer250(m): 2:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
Tintinix:

You people...
Accountability..

We have been told the reason for the power drop and the accountable government is doing all to repair the vandalized sections to restore power...
People who vandalize have an agenda all over the world and i am saying the agenda here is "Pull him down"!

The point the @OP is making which I am reiterating is that when we had it far far worse, those government were not as criticized like this one.
you just bailed me out. You are the only person that understood everything that i wrote here. I think that the only crime he committed is that he is from otueke not from the north. They want to continue to loot igbo goods in the name of contra ban goods. Oil bloc licenses will expire by 2016, they want to desperately return to power so as to sell the blocs to northerners as usual. But it is not happening again!

3 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by ahaika23: 2:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
Some day we all shall be enlightened and hate shall fade

1 Like

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by ayoola2002(m): 3:18pm On Oct 22, 2014
activatenigeria:

Is it the duty of the President to punish or prosecute alleged corrupt individuals?
Y he drop charges against dem?

1 Like

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by activatenigeria: 4:23pm On Oct 22, 2014
ayoola2002:

Y he drop charges against dem?

Who dropped what ? Most Nigerians seem to be so misinformed...Mr. president dropped charges against who, when and why? do you even understand how the legal system works?

1 Like

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by explorer250(m): 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
activatenigeria:

Who dropped what ? Most Nigerians seem to be so misinformed...Mr. president dropped charges against who, when and why? do you even understand how the legal system works?
they are just ignorant jnd blinded from the truth. I only pity them

1 Like

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by mrborntodoit: 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
Finally!

I thought I was alone in defending the true democracy practiced by my dear president.

After reading through comments ,I can now see that most Nlanders are simply ignorant which is why they chose to be used as election tools . Business is no longer as usual for their paymasters hence the paltry investments on e-warriors !!

@OP please keep enlightening them because they just want their "born to rule paymasters "to seize power by all means and promote ethno-religious wars in order to satisfy their blood thirst.

I was shocked to see apshit e-warriors celebrating the pipeline vandalization, giving kudos to "only" gov.fashola for the e-bola victory whilst neglecting the fact that it was a collective effort mostly by Nigerian citizenry and it's govt. that fought tooth and nail to eradicate the virus .

How daft can people be ?

I love this thread, more grease to your elbow Mr. OP

Mods: please do the needful

CC : mynd_44 , seun , Ngwakwe , OAM4J
Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by chamboy(m): 10:00pm On Oct 22, 2014
Am Highly disappointed in the Op n his supporters. Please u need to see Aunty Oby's Speech October 1 ....

2 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by chamboy(m): 10:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
GEJ is more concerned about his Political Ambition than the Future of this Nation.....
Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by Kingspin(m): 10:39pm On Oct 22, 2014
Most nigerians are very good in fellowing what politicians say or do without trying to find out personal the real fact about the issue. (Result to Self finding).. Stop Fellow fellow! Thats the problem of most nigerians.
Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by gerald09(m): 12:07am On Oct 23, 2014
explorer250:
If not for freedom of speech i would have labelled your post as "foolish and ignorant". Is jonathan the nigerian ambassador to dubai? Do you know that hundreds of Nigerian was killed at togo,benin and ghana during obasanjo regime but he did totally nothing? Or have you forgotten that he responded to the killing of Nigerians at CAR quickly by making provision for evacuation? The problem you have is that you expect the president to do everything which is practically impossible. Such jobs should be done by ambassadors not presidents. You must be very ignorant if you dont know about subsidy before jonathans administration. During the previous administrations especially that of obj didnt you witness the continous rise and fall in petroleum products price? Or have you forgotten that Gej is the only person that stabilised petrol price to #65 per litter for over a year? And that is the first in the history of the country. Do you know that even if Nigerians by fuel at the rate of 150 per litter we are still the cheapest in the world? Do it ever occur to you why so many nigerians hoard and smuggle oil to other countries? That is because of the price difference! I am a beneficiary of sure_p. The hospital at my village was built by sure_p including bore holes etc. Even here in Aba i have seen a lot of projects embarked upon by sure_p. So what looting and corruption are you linking the money recovered from subsidy with? As for me sure_p has lived to its expectations. Have you also forgotten previous administration when the students went on strike to the extent that they started to protest? Is this current administration the first to witness such strike? Or have you forgotten that every money in the nation is budgeted before disburstment? So where on earth do you expect the FG to get money to suit their needs? So you want the FG to start spending recklessly, and when the go bankrupt you will start shouting "where is our money?" you Will even start blaming the FG on poor management pratice. So my brother, i have come to the conclusion of the fact that you are either ignorant, an e_warrior,tribalistic,religious or filled with so much hate for our hardworking president. So please stop spreading your malware to ignorant nigerians
dude dis Past administration you on about is a PDP led administration oh! Not a OBJ, YARADUA or GEJ led administration

2 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by explorer250(m): 3:39am On Oct 23, 2014
chamboy:
GEJ is more concerned about his Political Ambition than the Future of this Nation.....
how has he done that? Bring out evidence. Tell us where he shew such behavior.
Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by explorer250(m): 3:42am On Oct 23, 2014
gerald09:
dude dis Past administration you on about is a PDP led administration oh! Not a OBJ, YARADUA or GEJ led administration
stop tha bro. When obj was looting was it going to PDP treasury or his?. Even if it is PPD, the saint APC is over 60% PDP members
Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by bakynes(m): 5:38am On Oct 23, 2014
explorer250:
stop tha bro. When obj was looting was it going to PDP treasury or his?. Even if it is PPD, the saint APC is over 60% PDP members
Your support for Jonathan is making you look foolish, when it comes to development he has tried bt he supports corrupt people too much, why should he grant alams presidential pardon someone who the UK is still looking for, oya defend your Jonathan now or you don't know alams is still on the wanted list in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by bakynes(m): 5:53am On Oct 23, 2014
@ OP you didn't watch the presidential media chat he said it clearly that stealing is not the same thing as corruption. Is obvious you don't know how other climes work I have lived in the UK before and if there is a slight rumour abt you been corrupt the prime minister drops you immediately. Why did he show support for an impeached Governor doesn't he know the constitution,how about showing support for Omisore and giving him presidential award for doing what exactly a man that we all know killed Bola Ige. How abt the Otedola/Farouk scandal clear evidence to see yet he did nothing. NGF election supporting 16 over 19 and many more, now defend him.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by bakynes(m): 6:10am On Oct 23, 2014
How abt paying Tompolo's company $50m per year for the security of Oil pipelines yet Nigeria has recorded its highest Oil theft since the discovering of oil. More coming

3 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by chamboy(m): 9:56am On Oct 23, 2014
explorer250:
how has he done that? Bring out evidence. Tell us where he shew such behavior.
by supporting Court declared crooks and Impeached governor... this Corruption case spoils our international trust. U should try and move out of that box called NIGERIA and see how Advanced Nations discredit us because of Trust Issue

2 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by chamboy(m): 9:58am On Oct 23, 2014
bakynes:

Your support for Jonathan is making you look foolish, when it comes to development he has tried bt he supports corrupt people too much, why should he grant alams presidential pardon someone who the UK is still looking for, oya defend your Jonathan now or you don't know alams is still on the wanted list in the UK.
if only GEJ supporters know how the corruption issue ponders our international trust.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by chamboy(m): 10:01am On Oct 23, 2014
Corruption is likened to a computer virus... if u dont treat ur PC VIRUS , why install new programs when the virus would still attack dem

3 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by PassingShot(m): 1:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
explorer250:
Give us the proof where he said that stealing is not corruption. What corruption are you even talking about? Can the so called increase in corruption be compared to abacha loot?,the unaccounted and unprobed $2.8bn oil money when buhari was the mininster of petroleum and several billions when he was the petroleum trust fund chairman?, can it be compared to the illegal acquisation of oil blocks by northerners?, the obasanjo loot when he was both military and civilian head of state, through several hike in oil prices?, can it be compared to the ibb loot?, can it be compared with the nigerian farm machines that was turned to obj personal farm machines? Can it be compared with the loot of the several northern military heads of state? Or has it been proved that jonathan looted the nations treasury? 3 stella odua: hasnt she been removed? Did Gej share the money with her? Is it Gejs fault that she bought armoured vehicles? Even at that did el rufai achieved more fleet than odua? What about the missing aviation money that was stolen by el rufai? 4 farook: did Gej benefit from his misconduct? 5 oil subsidy: during the regime obj oil prices was higher than that of Gej. Have you forgotten that Gej stabilised oil price at N65 for a long time which no previous administration did? Havent you felt the impact of sure_p? The hospital at my village was built by sure_p and other countless projects. Do you know that the FG only take 40% of sure_p while states take the remaining 60%? Havent you heared of the vehicle donations, youth skill acquisation, 2nd niger bridge etc that FG embarked on with their little 40% of sure_p. If you dont feel the benefit of the subsidy removal then hold your state goverment responsible. 6 boko saga: do you have evidence to indict those wineing and dining with Gej? If Gej uses the military without tangible evidence to arrest buhari, ibb and all the northern elites and political leaders on the basis of supporting insurgency how will you feel? Infact that will mark the end of nigeria. For crying out loud have anyone caught them giving money or any assistance to boko haram? People like you will be the first to protest against such act. 7 epileptic power: you are either a joker or an ignorant fool in this aspect. Can you vouch with your life that power hasnt improve since Gej regime? I can swear with mine! Did you see obj and the previous administrations make significant investment in the power sector? But Gej has put so much attention to power not less than 2 power plants are found across each state of federation. As i am typing now i have electricity in my house i can boast of nothing less than 10hrs power supply each day unlike before when power was maximum for 2 hours for every two days because we shared our transformer with three streets. 8 umemployment: umemployment has been a global problem not only in Nigeria. Wasnt there increase in unemployment during previous administrations or was everybody employed then? Lolz. But jonathan is doing his part to secure employment for Nigerians. Come to igboland and witness for yourself. We do not depend on govt rather we struggle to work out our employment. Igboland is the region with the least FG presence after the civil war but we are still the region with the lowest unemployment rate in Nigeria, suprised?, google it in case of doubts. I think that your region should do more at encouraging hardwork among its citizens and human resources. Leave FG alone so that we will not go into abject poverty, little wonder why the north is the porert despite over 40 years in power. 9 factional leadership: do you mean factional leader of ss and se when over 80% of his project go to the north, do you mean factional leader when he commissioned over 100bn project at north east despite the insurgency, something he has not even done for se. It is only the sw that can lament the inability of Gej to live upto expectation to them but for any northerner saying so is an ingrate and hypocrite. I will still say it Gej is a saint compared to previous administrations. And also pls if you want to accuse Gej bring out the proven evidence of his misdeeds and not mere sentiments angry

I can't really tell if you're making sense because I can't take the pain to read your muddled-up jargons.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ipob, Happening Now Live... / Tinubu Outlines Plans For Digital Revolution To Transform Nigeria / Anambra: 729 Ballot Boxes, 243 Voting Cubicles, Destroyed In INEC Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.