Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,858 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala (4684 Views)

Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Jonathan Is A Superior Presidential Material To Buhari - By Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by EagleNest(m): 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
The write-up is not convincing enough not to...
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by kokosheen(m): 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
maestroferddi:
I ordinarily do not respond to wild and baseless speculations.

No bank in Nigeria disburses N27m by ticking off a checklist. A product programme with a limit of N25m normally needs management sign-off, in the least, a GM endorsement.

Disbursement of N27m as low a number as 100 beneficiaries would amount to almost N3 billion of principally unsecured loan whilst 1000 customers would translate to almost N30 billion. Which Nigerian bank would want to be that exposed on unsecured consumer loan? Just factor in the fact that customers are supposed to be availed of the loan willy-nilly within 3 days as you want us to believe. Any bank on that kind of largesse would experience a bank run within 6 months.

You better stick to what you know.

You're still arguing

Foe example see link to requirements for a personnal loan - http://www.firstbanknigeria.com/products/individual/loans/personal-loan-against-salary/

Key features -

* Up to 36 months repayment option subject to retirement age of 60yrs
* No security/guarantor
* Faster Processing
* No equity contribution
* Minimum documentation
* Irrevocable domiciliation of salary for the duration of the facility is in place

See Fidelity bank offering attached - I worked in a bank and this is piecemeal information for most marketers.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by Descartes: 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Mumu, in banking sector, there is what they call personal loan against salary- which are given to those who maintain a steady monthly cash flows on their accounts. The category of people who fall within this group are as follows.

Civil servants
Pensioners (where Buhari falls)
Staff of blue chip companies.

The loan repayment are normally spread over 2 to 5 years depending on your loan history with the bank.

You and Femi na ode!!
please, are pensioners allowed to get such huge sum?
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:25pm On Oct 22, 2014
Descartes:
please, are pensioners allowed to get such huge sum?

Yes depending on the amount you receive monthly! And As a former president with all the perks, the bank should be comfortable in loaning out that amount!

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2014
kokosheen:

You're still arguing

Foe example see link to requirements for a personnal loan - http://www.firstbanknigeria.com/products/individual/loans/personal-loan-against-salary/

Key features -

* No security/guarantor
* Faster Processing
* No equity contribution
* Minimum documentation
* Irrevocable domiciliation of salary for the duration of the facility is in place

See Fidelity bank offering attached - I worked in a bank and this is piecemeal information for most marketers.

Allow the fool to keep dabbling into areas he doesn't know anything about! I spent 2 years as a credit officer(consumer banking) in one of the foremost banks before I resigned for other things. The guy is just a PDP scallywag who is blinded by hate!
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by Descartes: 5:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Yes depending on the amount you receive monthly! And As a former president with all the perks, the bank should be comfortable in loaning out that amount!
Does it mean he has not been doing anything since he left Military that will generate income for himself instead of what FG gives him? If so that is too bad of him angry. His only mistake was making the loan a thing of publicity. I guess that's a poor PR.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by Madeu(m): 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2014
maestroferddi:
I ordinarily do not respond to wild and baseless speculations.

No bank in Nigeria disburses N27m by ticking off a checklist. A product programme with a limit of N25m normally needs management sign-off, in the least, a GM endorsement.

Disbursement of N27m as low a number as 100 beneficiaries would amount to almost N3 billion of principally unsecured loan whilst 1000 customers would translate to almost N30 billion. Which Nigerian bank would want to be that exposed on unsecured consumer loan? Just factor in the fact that customers are supposed to be availed of the loan willy-nilly within 3 days as you want us to believe. Any bank on that kind of largesse would experience a bank run within 6 months.

You better stick to what you know.

You talk as if Buhari is a commoner like you.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by gratiaeo(m): 5:54pm On Oct 22, 2014
Buhari is a pretender hence should not be taking serious
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by seankay(m): 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
I'm a christain from the south west and am going to vote for Buhari come 2015 by God's grace. The present govt has failed to tackle corruption which is the main problem in this country, Buhari seems to be a principled man and I see a new Nigeria with a vast decrease in corruption if he's elected.

How can Sharia be imposed across Nigeria? The only way is if the senate approves it and do not forget muslims and northerners are not d only set of people in our Senate house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
Descartes:
Does it mean he has not been doing anything since he left Military that will generate income for himself instead of what FG gives him? If so that is too bad of him angry. His only mistake was making the loan a thing of publicity. I guess that's a poor PR.

That's his choice and the very reason he remains clean. Perhaps he doesn't want to soil his name with government patronage especially in an environment (as created by the corrupt Pdp) where every business is somehow connected to Ima Mmadu( IM).

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by Jesusloveyou: 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2014
[quote author=Descartes post=27363018] Does it mean he has not been doing anything since he left Military that will generate income for himself instead of what FG gives him?yes,he don't know how to steal.If so that is too bad of him.dat makes him outstanding(. His only mistake was making the loan a thing of publicity. I guess that's a poor PR.dat makes me to believe him.because if he has paid from his back pocket like atiku,dat would have give me doubt about him.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by maestroferddi: 6:15pm On Oct 22, 2014
Madeu:

You talk as if Buhari is a commoner like you.
You remain ignored.

Take your senseless drivels elsewhere.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by anonimi: 7:05pm On Oct 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Mumu, in banking sector, there is what they call personal loan against salary- which are given to those who maintain a steady monthly cash flows on their accounts. The category of people who fall within this group are as follows.

Civil servants
Pensioners (where Buhari falls)
Staff of blue chip companies.

The loan repayment are normally spread over 2 to 5 years depending on your loan history with the bank.

You and Femi na ode!!

You think sey na everybody be MUMU like you abi

Assuming for the sake of discussion that he has five years to repay the 27 million loan, which with interest will mean a total repayment of at least N30 million. That means N6 million repayment every year or N500,000 every month.

How much is the CASH pension of our incorruptible General from a government whose MINIMUM wage is N18,000

2 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by Ojiofor: 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
anonimi:

Assuming for the sake of discussion that he has five years to repay the 27 million loan, which with interest will mean a total repayment of at least N30 million. That means N6 million repayment every year or N500,000 every month.

How much is the CASH pension of our incorruptible General from a government whose MINIMUM wage is N18,000
.Good question.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by Orikinla(m): 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Allow the fool to keep dabbling into areas he doesn't know anything about! I spent 2 years as a credit officer(consumer banking) in one of the foremost banks before I resigned for other things. The guy is just a PDP scallywag who is blinded by hate!

Thank you.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by LFJ: 9:24pm On Oct 22, 2014
anonimi:

F.oo.lish.ness can not be celebrated more than this. If you are ignorant of a situation, the best way to kill your ignorant is to ask from those who know better. So the former head of state is on minimum wage scale?

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by thaqib(m): 9:34pm On Oct 22, 2014
Aribisala is biased againt Buhari, it is evident in this write ^. All imbeciles know that jonathan is unparalleled as far as corruption is concerned. Isn't that the hallmark of his administration? In a sane society, is he supposed 2 think of contesting again with all the problems we are battling aginst in Nigeria now?
No matter ow corrupt Buhari is( if he is at all,), he is a saint compared 2 GEJ
Look, don't spoonfeed us , we ll take our decisions...

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala by Curlieweed: 4:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
kokosheen:

You're still arguing

Key features -

* No security/guarantor
* Faster Processing
* No equity contribution
* Minimum documentation

From the highlighted, It appears that your post doesn't support your argument. Buhari is well past 60yrs. If a bank gives a loan against salary, they may hope to secure the loan with end of service benefits but if a pensioners dies tomorrow, what recourse does the bank have?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Chooses VP - Amaechi! - Cramjones / Atiku Abubakar: "Why I Married More Than 1 Wife" / Muslims Converting To Christianity After ISIS Atrocities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.