Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? (2605 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? / What Do You Think Of America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? by dodochi42: 5:27am On Nov 15, 2008
Hi all,

I need the help of all nigerians on NairaLand before Tuesday 18th , next week. I am on a Panel to speak on how Nigerians view America or whatever they feel.I did not know it was going to be before all professors on Campus, Please share your views here.No contribution is too small, Thanks,

The Listening Project: What does the world think of America
Sponsor: CSU Program Board
Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Time: 7 p.m.
Place: Hixon Lied Auditorium in the Harper Center 2nd Floor
CSU will be showing a documentary on the Listening Project where a group of Americans traveled the globe, listening to people share their views on how the US. has impacted their lives. There will be a discussion afterwards with a panel consisting of CU professors, international students and students who have studied abroad. International students, Yemi Osinkolu from Nigeria and Liutauras Gudzinskas from Lithuania will be on the panel. Please come to support them!
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? by omega25red(m): 3:44pm On Nov 15, 2008
America can be both a good and bad place like any where else but this place is some where in which if you work hard enough while cheating and stealing along the way you would make it. thats one reason i like it
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 17, 2008
Hi,
That's good of you bring to this idea. Before i can answer this question i need a visa to America. Only after that will i be able to answer it. Before that i uphold my views. Thanks. If you interested to offer me the visa, you can contact me at bigmodo(at)gmail.com. I will pay for all the visa fees, i just need the connection. Thanks.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? by MrCrackles(m): 11:35am On Nov 17, 2008
bigmodo:

Hi,
That's good of you bring to this idea. Before i can answer this question i need a visa to America. Only after that will i be able to answer it. Before that i uphold my views. Thanks. If you interested to offer me the visa, you can contact me at bigmodo(at)gmail.com. I will pay for all the visa fees, i just need the connection. Thanks.

This your desperation don pass something else o!! grin
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? by ikeyman00(m): 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2008
they are only good in break-dance; apart from that, there is absolutely nothing to talk about

if u need help in line with ur presentation holla, so we could elaborate more on this costly break dance moves
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? by shotster50(m): 11:52pm On Nov 17, 2008
GOD BLESS AMERICA

God bless America! - oh deary me,
God also belongs to the Muslim world too:
Let us remember how indecently
Fast the U.S shrunk to a narrow world view.

God bless America! God's on our side!
But sadly my friends God's arms are quite wide -
And God blesses THEM, and THOSE ones there too -
Really, my friends, what's a good God to do ?

God bless America! Let's go to war!
It's easy to be fanatically sure
That we own morality, we are the best,
Leading a bunch of the second-rate rest!

God bless America! We've guns on our side -
Guns are a blessing when wisdom has died.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? by Magnate021(m): 12:06am On Nov 18, 2008
What Do Nigerians Think Of America ?
heaven on earth!
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? by ikeyman00(m): 10:13am On Nov 18, 2008
nope

noods in the ghettos!!
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 20, 2008
shotster50:

GOD BLESS AMERICA

God bless America! - oh deary me,
God also belongs to the Muslim world too:
Let us remember how indecently
Fast the US shrunk to a narrow world view.

God bless America! God's on our side!
But sadly my friends God's arms are quite wide -
And God blesses THEM, and THOSE ones there too -
Really, my friends, what's a good God to do ?

God bless America! Let's go to war!
It's easy to be fanatically sure
That we own morality, we are the best,
Leading a bunch of the second-rate rest!

God bless America! We've guns on our side -
Guns are a blessing when wisdom has died.

God Bless America. I Wonder What my life would have been like without America. God bless America. I hope and pray that one day i will get to America. i love you america and i hope you get to love me oneday by making me get to you. America.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? by JeSoul(f): 6:28pm On Nov 20, 2008
bigmodo:

God Bless America. I Wonder What my life would have been like without America. God bless America. I hope and pray that one day i will get to America. i love you america and i hope you get to love me oneday by making me get to you. America.
ROTFLOL cheesy . . . bigmodo I will pray & fast for you! you must get to this America oh! grin cool
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? by Magnate021(m): 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2008
by God's grace u will reach America!
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? by Tarbabee(f): 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
I'm dating a Nigerian man that moved here, middle America in 2010. He was under the impression that it was the land of milk and honey. He thought there was money just flowing out of everyone's ears & that it would be like the movies. Well, it's like some movies, but we don't all look like models & own big houses & many cars. In fact, there are very, very rich here & very, very poor. We have many homeless & drug addicts. People roaming the streets with nowhere to live. Although some jobs are easy to get, you make no money doing them.

I live paycheck to paycheck & have no savings. People work more than they should and are unhappy because they can't travel or afford nice things. I shop at thrift stores and garage sales. I work full time 40+ hours a week. 1/3 of my check goes to worthless health insurance that is mandatory.

(1) (Reply)

The University Of Bedfordshire. / Visa On Arrival / Cape Verde Int'l Passport,how Many Countries Is It Visa Free For?name Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.