Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,252 members, 7,818,872 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

"777" Free Ringtones From Mtn Is A Big Fraud And Trap To All Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "777" Free Ringtones From Mtn Is A Big Fraud And Trap To All Nigerians (637 Views)

2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP / NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste / Another Proof That "ONE" Nigeria Is A Big Fraud: Judge For Your Self! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"777" Free Ringtones From Mtn Is A Big Fraud And Trap To All Nigerians by adeola9: 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
I was surprised when some few weeks ago, every MTN number i called sang the "777" ringtone song to me from Shina Peters, if not that i noticed the same ringtone for everyone i called for consecutive days, i would have thought they subscribed to it as expected.

When i noticed the same "777" ringtone on my own line, i called the MTN customer care to make enquiries of what is happening and what motive they had to add a ringtone to my line without my consent.

The lady i spoke to said the "777" ringtone was a free ringtone and setup for all subscribers by default (that is without subscribing or consenting) and that it was ONLY FREE FOR 30 Days after which 50 naira would be charged on all subscribers line who still has the ringtone till then.

I became seriously furious and asked the lady what right MTN had to make that decision, so if i had not called, they would have started charging me for an unwanted ringtone just because they have now find cheating Nigerians a thing they always get away with.

She asked me to send "STOP" to 4100 to stop the ringtone, and it has been removed from my line, but i can only imagine the millions of nigerians who still dont know and would be charged in some few days time for that "777" RINGTONE.

BEWARE AND TAKE ACTIONS.
Re: "777" Free Ringtones From Mtn Is A Big Fraud And Trap To All Nigerians by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 22, 2014
MTN is fraud itself. sad

(1) (Reply)

Muhammadu Buhari: Running For President With An Anti- Corruption Bank Loan / Indictment: 12 Questions Jonathan Failed To Answer; Un, Au, Eu Furious / Hearing Same Political Song Since 1960

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.