Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? (1172 Views)

What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? / Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? / Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
I'm not too sure where this should be, but I feel it should be in this section(Religion). My uncle attends C.A.C and the wife attends RCCG. Personally, I can't accept that my wife attend a different church from mine. So, does it really matter if a married couple attend different churches?
Re: Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? by Raiders: 10:18pm On Oct 22, 2014
No. The most important thing is love. I can marry a Christian, Muslim, or any religion as long as we are in love and we understand ourselves. Religion is suppose to be a personal relationship between you and your God
Re: Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? by OasisofRefuge(f): 10:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
@op. to me, its not a good idea. couples should settle this before getting married. its good you both believe in the same thing. that's the only way you can stand in one faith, overcome together. how can you achieve all these if you don't listen to the same message and same view? honestly, a woman don't really have a church. as soon as she gets married, she's meant to start attending her husband's church. so as a lady, if you have a particular church in mind you cant attend, you shouldn't marry a man from that church. because as soon as you marry him, its good you both attend the same church.
my thought though

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? by Tallesty1(m): 10:45pm On Oct 22, 2014
Raiders:
No. The most important thing is love. I can marry a Christian, Muslim, or any religion as long as we are in love and we understand ourselves. Religion is suppose to be a personal relationship between you and your God
Love is not enough to keep a family together.

4 Likes

Re: Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? by Raiders: 10:48pm On Oct 22, 2014
Tallesty1:
so what is required to keep a family together
Re: Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? by Sanchez01: 10:49pm On Oct 22, 2014
Yes, it matters and it matters A LOT. Love is just some part of a union, agreement and understanding takes the rest. For instance, what happens to a family when both partners fellowship in a church with contradictory views?

The Bible confirms it in Amos 3:3 'Can two walk together except they be agreed?'

An indcation of a strugling union is when a man worships in a church different to the wife's.
Re: Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? by Raiders: 10:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
OasisofRefuge:
@op. to me, its not a good idea. couples should settle this before getting married. its good you both believe in the same thing. that's the only way you can stand in one faith, overcome together. how can you achieve all these if you don't listen to the same message and same view? honestly, a woman don't really have a church. as soon as she gets married, she's meant to start attending her husband's church. so as a lady, if you have a particular church in mind you cant attend, you shouldn't marry a man from that church. because as soon as you marry him, its good you both attend the same church.
my thought though
not every man think that way. I don't really care if my wife choose to attend a different church or even have a different religion. I guess its because I came from a home where both my parents attended different churches and have been married for over 30 yrs. There are people that attend the same church but they fight everyday and have an unhappy marriage. The most important thing in a marriage is love; respect and understanding
Re: Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? by Tallesty1(m): 10:54pm On Oct 22, 2014
Raiders:
so what is required to keep a family together
alot of things and love is not even among the top 5.

BTW do you attend Nigerian churches?

Some of them do not encourage getting married to members of other denominations.

And their doctrines are different.

So attending different churches is a big problem to a family.
Re: Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? by Raiders: 10:59pm On Oct 22, 2014
Tallesty1:
alot of things and love is not even among the top 5.

BTW do you attend Nigerian churches?

Some of them do not encourage getting married to members of other denominations.

And their doctrines are different.

So attending different churches is a big problem to a family.
my parents have been happily married for over 30 years and they attend different churches. My dad is a catholic and my mom attends a protestant church. Religion don't matter if the couple don't make it an issue . There are couple that attend the same church and yet their marriage fail like pastor chris and his wife. Marriage is all about love and understanding. I am not yet married but I wont consider religion doctrine in choosing a wife
Re: Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? by itstpia1: 11:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
Tallesty1:

true that.
Re: Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? by itstpia1: 11:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
Topic

whatever works for them, as long as both parties are ok with it.
Re: Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 22, 2014
OasisofRefuge:
my thought though
. This is a sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with.

(1) (Reply)

Any "True" Muslim Should Please Attempt This / . / Terrorist Leader's Son Explains Why Islam Will Disappear Within 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.