Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request (15405 Views)

Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request / Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request / Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by san316(m): 7:00am On Oct 23, 2014
Nigeria: Borrow Borrow Make Me Rich. I Wish The Government Will Yield To The Voice Of Nigerian Masses. Na Wa O.
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by menesheh(m): 7:01am On Oct 23, 2014
politricks:
1billion dollars for re-election.
Yes for re-election, we seriously need that money to combat opposition. grin grin grin
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by sebali: 7:03am On Oct 23, 2014
Beehshorp:
Is it not this same boko haram that is having peace talk with the FG Or is dere another one? lipsrsealed undecided

Yes nau.
This arm is for d version of BH without a secretary
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by experimentist: 7:09am On Oct 23, 2014
LEERICIST:
1 billion naira??!! shocked
Open your eyes my brother, it is a '$' not a '#' sign, you dig that?
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 23, 2014
akinsadeez:
A 1 billion naira loan to tackle national security challenges? what happened to the money realized from the fund raiser that Jonathan organized on this same national security challenges issue. People were donating 100 million, 750 million naira and so on and till now we have not heard anything on how the money raised was spent or applied. If he borrows 1 billion naira, how do we pay back? Is it not the masses who will ultimately bear the brunt of this most ill-advised borrowing. May God deliver us from these people.

ND: 1billion dollar not naira 163 Billion naira.

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by joseph1832(m): 7:30am On Oct 23, 2014
OKDnigeria:
The House of Representatives n Wednesday
approved President Goodluck Jonathan's request
for a $1 billion loan to fight the Boko Haram-led
insurgency.
The House, during Wednesday plenary session,
towed the line of the red chamber which had
approved the request.
All the four clauses contained in the report of the
House Committees on Aids, Loans and Debt
Management and Finance on the external
borrowing of not more than $1 billion "to tackle
the national security challenges in the country"
were considered and carried.
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boko-haram-house-okays-1billion-loan-for-jonathan/191938/
I don't understand this government. They approve $1 billion dollars for the FG to fight Boko Haram and the FG is busy negotiating a cease fire deal with Boko Haram?!.

Does this really follow or do they really think and believe some Nigerians are as stupid and hungry like they believe?.

This is a sham and its reeks of lies, deception and fraud!.

GEJ #BringBackOurGirls!.

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by Ogbodavies(m): 7:32am On Oct 23, 2014
what happened to the money allocated to security in the annual budget......................
just asking....

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by politricks: 7:32am On Oct 23, 2014
menesheh:

Yes for re-election, we seriously need that money to combat opposition. grin grin grin
Yeah but do you think this would be enough for us.
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by LEERICIST(m): 7:38am On Oct 23, 2014
experimentist:
Open your eyes my brother, it is a '$' not a '#' sign, you dig that?

I didn't actually read it.. Tnx for d correction tho
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by experimentist: 7:42am On Oct 23, 2014
LEERICIST:

u welcome
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by experimentist: 7:43am On Oct 23, 2014
LEERICIST:

Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by Octaves(m): 7:45am On Oct 23, 2014
$1b! I thought they were getting a peace deal. I'm just watching with arms akimbo
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by nairaman66(m): 7:46am On Oct 23, 2014
OKDnigeria:
The House of Representatives n Wednesday
approved President Goodluck Jonathan's request
for a $1 billion loan to fight the Boko Haram-led
insurgency.
The House, during Wednesday plenary session,
towed the line of the red chamber which had
approved the request.
All the four clauses contained in the report of the
House Committees on Aids, Loans and Debt
Management and Finance on the external
borrowing of not more than $1 billion "to tackle
the national security challenges in the country"
were considered and carried.
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boko-haram-house-okays-1billion-loan-for-jonathan/191938/

I thought they were negotiating with the terrorists?? Why the haste in approving this astronomical sum?
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by chukwudy: 7:48am On Oct 23, 2014
The way they call morning in dis country can frighten someone
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by Octaves(m): 7:48am On Oct 23, 2014
Ended up in individual pockets. The worst part is there is no investigation, no trial. Efcc is a joke. The whole system is a joke
Ogbodavies:
what happened to the money allocated to security in the annual budget......................
just asking....

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by deb(m): 8:33am On Oct 23, 2014
They don't waste time to approve anything like this because they are all sharing it.

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by solara: 8:33am On Oct 23, 2014
fitzmayowa:
If the 1billion dollars will be put to good use, I wouldn't have a problem with that..but we all know how corrupt this guys are...

BTW...I thought they told us they've already had some kind of ceasefire agreement with this BH guys, how come after ceasefire they want to get 1billion dollars loan...Hmmm

In the voice of all this pot-bellied generals- "This is our season to hammer"

grin Who cares abt ur opinion
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by politricks: 8:35am On Oct 23, 2014
Dlastofmykind:
FP at last!....... Yaaaaayyyyyy
If you dey do lyk dis,me wey be ftc twice this morning wetin you wan make i do.
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by Deiok(m): 8:46am On Oct 23, 2014
Upon the billions of naira budgeted for security annualy.

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 23, 2014
And I thought they had reached a cease-fire agreement... What do they need 1 billion dollars for again? This government is just thiefious!

#changecome2015
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by oluwasegun007(m): 8:49am On Oct 23, 2014
This is why we need to build the house of Ogun inside that senate room
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by juman(m): 8:57am On Oct 23, 2014
Nonsense
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by Kalixtro: 9:10am On Oct 23, 2014
am i the only one that sees 1b dollars as waste of money? no, its d looters at work here. our govt just keep borrowing inordinate sums without keeping its citizens prised. of course, its d younger generation that will pay for the sins of their fathers. instead of kicking this govt. away, our silence and inaction will be our undoing, believe me.

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by akinsadeez(m): 9:11am On Oct 23, 2014
solara:

grin Who cares abt ur opinion

Dont be silly! angry Jonathan and Madam Permanent Secretary value his opinion highly grin
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by mcmukoko12(m): 9:25am On Oct 23, 2014
[size=18pt]There should be proper accounts for all money spent. This money is not meant for only one person. The money they've been spending now now give account. [/size]
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 23, 2014
After d phantom truce/cease fire? Mtchewwww....a'LOOTING CONTINUA!
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by Policewoman(f): 9:46am On Oct 23, 2014
Good. Now the coneheads and GEJ haters can go do this.....

Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by menesheh(m): 9:53am On Oct 23, 2014
politricks:
Yeah but do you think this would be enough for us.

Sure!!!

Even if is not enough we will find other rackets to draw more money

GEJ till infinity
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 23, 2014
President Jona!!! God pass u o :oPresident Jona!!! God pass u o
Re: House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request by emmykk(m): 10:32am On Oct 23, 2014
Kingsimmer:
chai uncle jona...
$1b again :-/ ?
wia is d $15b u said south Africa seized
15million dollars not 15billion dollars,you are one of the reasons that politicians is riding us
.you dont even know the different btw million or billion or you dont follow news properly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Indorama Junction at Eleme: A Nightmare For Road Users. (Pictures) / Police Insist On Investigating Abudu-Balogun Despite Victim Withdrawing Case / Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.