Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,003 members, 7,956,719 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:24 PM

Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi (36264 Views)

Nigeria Is Worst Dressed Team In Beijing / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi / Keshi Draws Vs Kano Pillars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by MacluvPH(m): 7:07am On Oct 23, 2014
So na now,this former big boss know,when you were taking the credits of being the coach of 2012 African champions weren't you aware of this? Just passing though
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by starlingbawa(m): 7:08am On Oct 23, 2014
shachris03:
in all fairness, keshi is saying the truth.

This for me is the only post that deserves quoting so far!

Obviously Keshi is saying the simple truth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Emmysteve(m): 7:09am On Oct 23, 2014
Our journalists are very useless and wicked, always inciting hatred towards the coach. Imagine the caption. Keshi never made this outright statement. Even if he made it, that's the basic truth.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by oluwafemi113(m): 7:10am On Oct 23, 2014
Sharap dere
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by ekundayoalo(m): 7:11am On Oct 23, 2014
YoungDaNaval:
And You Wish Keshi'll Read This?
it doesn't matter if he reads it or not but she's talking sense

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:12am On Oct 23, 2014
SIRcumalot:
I see a lot of criticism for this Coach what did he do wrong exactly sef
He ignored popular opinion and picked his players he won the nation's cup.
Got to the 2nd round of the World Cup.
I still would've kept him even if Nigeria didn't qualify for the Nation's cup.
See who replaced him.
the NFA is joke,
The NFA will eventually sack Amodu,hire a money grubbing White man who will coach Nigeria but not live in Nigeria and we repeat the circle again.
Majority of Nigerians are ungrateful and have a very high opinion of our soccer team considering the talents available.
Even if Keshi no go read this post I appreciate what you have done for this Country.
Hopefully South Africa hires you and pay you big money.
Like Seriously? Keshi Cannot Coach Bafana Bafana ooh!
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by naijanaso: 7:13am On Oct 23, 2014
Keshi is just a confused baga. He is not a serious coach at all. All these insults on Naija na becos we no dey pay him 5m again. He is full of shit. He chose his players at the expense and detriment of our nation. Refused bringing serious minded strikers like Obafemi and Uche, but for who knows why...he kept Emenike who has scored only about 2 goals in over 11 matches. KESHI GO AND HUG A TRANSFORMER ABEG.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by ekundayoalo(m): 7:15am On Oct 23, 2014
naijanaso:
Keshi is just a confused baga. He is not a serious coach at all. All these insults on Naija na becos we no dey pay him 5m again. He is full of shit. He chose his players at the expense and detriment of our nation. Refused bringing serious minded strikers like Obafemi and Uche, but for who knows why...he kept Emenike who has scored only about 2 goals in over 11 matches. KESHI GO AND HUG A TRANSFORMER ABEG.
which football club do you support?
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by mcquins14: 7:15am On Oct 23, 2014
Yea, I think keshi is right, Nigeria is not a serious Footballing nation, That is the only reason he was left to remain on the job after a woeful world cup. Keshi is an arrogant fool
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by comrChris(m): 7:16am On Oct 23, 2014
Dats is d bitter truth!!! Nigerians don't value good things! Wish u d very best in ur next phase of life

You did absolutely well atleast breaking 14yrs course n giving our local base players hope

Insummary thank you so much
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:16am On Oct 23, 2014
ekundayoalo:
it doesn't matter if he reads it or not but she's talking sense
Sense Ke? Brain Ni? I Smell Fish 4rm This Ya Comment.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by modupea: 7:17am On Oct 23, 2014
WoodcrestMayor:
Regret ? shocked

A coach who made mikel(sum1 who is bench material in his club) his playmaker.A coach whose best set piece taker was Musa.A coach who prefered to call up players from China and oda unknown leagues wen he had players doing well in greece,spain and germany.
A coach who took a clubless player to the world cup.A coach who prayed for luck whenever his team was down(no visible tactical masterstroke from the bench).

I can go on and on...keshi's sack can bring eerrytin to Nigeria but regret isn't gonna feature at all.
i

I can't agree less.

Imagine in the game against Sudan away with about 12 minutes to go he called Onazi and said to him "Onazi time now" pointing to his watch.

No tactics or instruction. What do you want him to do?
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:19am On Oct 23, 2014
kennosklint:
Make ee b keshiit sofa u r nw jobless...nonsense
Jobless You Say? Remember He's An Ambassador Of Peak Milk.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by ekundayoalo(m): 7:20am On Oct 23, 2014
YoungDaNaval:
Sense Ke? Brain Ni? I Smell Fish 4rm This Ya Comment.
ok, tell me, who do you think is a better replacement for him? White coach?
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Riclord001(m): 7:22am On Oct 23, 2014
debosola:
Like U sef sabi coach...u were just lucky and it stopped following u after the Nations cup victory last year.
Luck is neva an accident. it is d result of d sum of high intention, sincere effort and intelligent execution. it represents...
truth be told, being a Nigerian disables d genes that tell truth
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by LilPeezy(m): 7:22am On Oct 23, 2014
As if I care....Wahreva Man Gate-away Man
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:23am On Oct 23, 2014
Mentcee:
Keshi is a gooner!
Asin An Arsenal Fan?
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Maser: 7:23am On Oct 23, 2014
Keshi you have done well and have every reason to be proud of your achievements. Your exit will prove to Nigerians that you are not their problem. The way these ignoramuses abuse you reminds me of the way they abused Amodu Shaibu as a parting gift after each of his runs with the eagles only to hire him again and again. It's a country of no-brainers. Time and events will vindicate you. Let us wait for the whiteman and see if he will out-perform you. While at it, you remain the most successful Nigerian coach ever. You achieved in 2 years a nations cup that took our great Westerhof four years. You also qualified and took us to second round of the world cup just like you qualified two other African countries. All these while NFF owed you salaries, no house, with your important staff Sylvanus removed which they can't dream of doing to a white coach. Not all of us are ingrates. Even if your services are no longer required, a coach like you should be disengaged with honour not insults. You don't deserve it. Godspeed Big Boss!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:27am On Oct 23, 2014
Niwdog:
Keshi!!beta go coach one nigeria premier league team maybe nembe city
Hahaha Wicked! Keshi'll Coach Man U Sooner Or Later.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by ekundayoalo(m): 7:30am On Oct 23, 2014
Maser:
Keshi you have done well and have every reason to be proud of your achievements. Your exit will prove to Nigerians that you are not their problem. The way these ignoramuses abuse you reminds me of the way they abused Amodu Shaibu as a parting gift after each of his runs with the eagles only to hire him again and again. It's a country of no-brainers. Time and events will vindicate you. Let us wait for the whiteman and see if he will out-perform you. While at it, you remain the most successful Nigerian coach ever. You achieved in 2 years a nations cup that took our great Westerhof four years. You also qualified and took us to second round of the world cup just like you qualified two other African countries. All these while NFF owed you salaries, no house, with your important staff Sylvanus removed which they can't dream of doing to a white coach. Not all of us are ingrates. Even if your services are no longer required, a coach like you should be disengaged with honour not insults. You don't deserve it. Godspeed Big Boss!
Confirm yarn, I just don't understand why Nigerians are like this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by emmabest2000(m): 7:30am On Oct 23, 2014
oyinkanolu:
The Former Coach of the Super Eagles |Stephen Keshi| has thrown a parting shot at Nigerian
football, saying the country should stop seeing itself as a serious football nation considering it
is still lagging behind in many vital areas needed to attain such levels.

In a chat with ESPN football pundit Colin Udoh, the former Togo and former Mali manager noted,
for instance, that but for his intervention, the Akwa Ibom State governor was planning to lay
artificial grass on the newly built world-class Uyo Stadium. That venue will host the decisive
clash of the Super Eagles with South Africa next month.

“How many good pitches do we have in this country? Keshi queried. We say we are a football
nation and we don't even have good training pitches for the national team, or good field to play
on. Instead, there are artificial pitches everywhere, even the new Stadium in Uyo, it was when I
heard from the governor that they wanted to use artificial pitch that I had to shout and tell him no
way. That is how they used natural grass pitch there. But why should I be the one to say it? Where
are the journalists?”

He said he was proud of his achievements during his spell as Nigeria’s manager.

“People keep saying I drew a lot of matches. But how many Nigerian coaches agreed to play
friendly matches all the time. Or to use home-based players without fear but people don't see that.

Every time it's Keshi this and Keshi that. Then they say I always try to use the President against
them. President that I cannot even see!”

He also said he was happy that the drama was finally over, as was his family.

“I am not bitter. I'm just disappointed in some of you,” he pointed out, referring to journalists.
“Now people can stop talking about Keshi.”

Meanwhile, the Ethiopian Football Association, responding to reports that Keshi would be in the
country this week to finalise a contract to take over their National team, has denied ever
approaching Keshi or getting any application from him

http://www.remspot.com.ng/2014/10/nigeria-is-not-serious-football-country.html
Fu ck ing loser grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:31am On Oct 23, 2014
ALARAPE22:
Na 2day..... Coming back for the comemt I want ask Okocha...... Ao 2ru is it...
Lol
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 23, 2014
Enangson:
And u are not a serious coach

cos accepting to coach a country that's not serious shows u r also not a serious Coach.
GBAM! Thank you! You ve said my mind.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Gorgeous58(f): 7:34am On Oct 23, 2014
That's what bitterness can do to a man. Keshi thanks for everything, we wish you well.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by portix: 7:37am On Oct 23, 2014

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by trustone(m): 7:37am On Oct 23, 2014
booked
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by frankjet123: 7:37am On Oct 23, 2014
keshi is right, we are not serious only playing politics

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by troy20(m): 7:38am On Oct 23, 2014
what is the plan realy? the sack was ill-timed as it was reactionary; based on emotions of the moment as usual.the country and its people live on extreem emotions added to very selfish and false sense of selvs.it was same with siasia.Amodu shuabu in his four time experience with the super eagles was characterised with terrible bickering and interference.for a lot of times he coached on without written contract.honestly Amodu has never had the assuredness of a proffesional coach in charge of a team even in his own self.thats the way the F.A likes them.again whats the plan actualy? funny CUNTry.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by trustone(m): 7:39am On Oct 23, 2014
not serious
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:39am On Oct 23, 2014
He was tellin him to make sometinn happen cheesy

He needs to work on himself.MOU and Guardiola av egos but they are tactical and well versed in mind games.For keshi,itz just ego.smh
modupea:
i

I can't agree less.

Imagine in the game against Sudan away with about 12 minutes to go he called Onazi and said to him "Onazi time now" pointing to his watch.

No tactics or instruction. What do you want him to do?
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 23, 2014
bruno419:
mods on this section need to be sacked..i created this topic yesterday,what an injustice

www.nairaland.com/1962173/keshi-nigeria-not-serious-footballcountry
grin grin grin grin grin grin e pain u say u no make front oage.... hahahahahhahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Moment A Prank Was Played On Super Eagles Players (pics/video) / Jose Mourinho Slams Crates Of Water Bottles During UCL Victory, Mocks Critics / Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Puts Club Up For Sale For £2 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.