Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi (36047 Views)

Nigeria Is Worst Dressed Team In Beijing / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi / Keshi Draws Vs Kano Pillars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by icekidgodfrey(m): 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
Shollay4u0:
I feel for Keshi, but i still wish the guy best of luck. because he really try for Nigeria........................Bye Mr.Keshi
That's what you think.. The dude destroyed your country's football stance.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by dabossman(m): 12:19am On Oct 24, 2014
Like they say in Singapore...

The truth is bitter.

Nigerians; ignoring the message and attacking the messenger since 1914.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by ddeola: 6:32am On Oct 24, 2014
What a shame! Keshi is an UNSERIOUS coach. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by macof(m): 7:59am On Oct 24, 2014
African football as a whole is wack
Only South Africa has standard pitches
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by boboLIL(m): 8:55am On Oct 24, 2014
losers always give baseless excuses....and they lament alot.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by princebergz(m): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
see haters everywhere! Keshi tried, worked his mathematics and with a bit of good old luck won the nations cup albeit hardwork by the players too...
And right now things ain't working out well for the team *shrugs*
but Keshi is not totally "yarning dust" tho, for one, our league is still in a sorry state (administratively, et al) + mediocre coaching and training facilities.
secondly, look at the vegetable farms we call pitches! (please don't mention artificial pitches its a nightmare playing on them)
another thing is the shameless board of clowning animals called NFF, the havoc they wreck can't be overstated! That ill-advised Pinnick has started toeing the path of destruction too!
lastly, look at our entire squad *spits* just two or three above average johnies in the team! people are always quick to chastise Mikel, what can that lazy bench warmer do?
The "Senior " players can't step up their game as we've seen over and over again (some are actually talented, we watched Ahmed Musa's performances against Argentina and Sudan, Osaze against Bosnia, Mba and Emenike at the Nations cup, we saw glimpses of Mikel against Sudan). Plus we needed some discipline in and Keshi brought sanity to that team... enough said gan sef...

N.B: quote me let's rub minds...
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Goke7: 8:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
princebergz:
see haters everywhere! Keshi tried, worked his mathematics and with a bit of good old luck won the nations cup albeit hardwork by the players too...
And right now things ain't working out well for the team *shrugs*
but Keshi is not totally "yarning dust" tho, for one, our league is still in a sorry state (administratively, et al) + mediocre coaching and training facilities.
secondly, look at the vegetable farms we call pitches! (please don't mention artificial pitches its a nightmare playing on them)
another thing is the shameless board of clowning animals called NFF, the havoc they wreck can't be overstated! That ill-advised Pinnick has started toeing the path of destruction too!
lastly, look at our entire squad *spits* just two or three above average johnies in the team! people are always quick to chastise Mikel, what can that lazy bench warmer do?
The "Senior " players can't step up their game as we've seen over and over again (some are actually talented, we watched Ahmed Musa's performances against Argentina and Sudan, Osaze against Bosnia, Mba and Emenike at the Nations cup, we saw glimpses of Mikel against Sudan). Plus we needed some discipline in and Keshi brought sanity to that team... enough said gan sef...

N.B: quote me let's rub minds...
I agree with you and that's why am scared about the future of our football, we think we have done the right thing by sacking keshi but am afraid we may be regretting some years later, keshi qualified Togo for the world cup, but what has Togo achieved since then? you are very right concerning the quality of players we have right now cos this must be least talented generation of Nigerian players we've ever had, this is the reason despite getting to the second round of the world cup, none of them made any big move to a club in Europe. Its not a coaching problem, we lack the materials, even the likes of uche and martins people are shouting about are average players in average clubs.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Goke7: 8:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
dabossman:
Like they say in Singapore...

The truth is bitter.

Nigerians; ignoring the message and attacking the messenger since 1914.

They think the messenger is the problem that's why
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by princebergz(m): 9:13pm On Oct 24, 2014
Goke7:

I agree with you and that's why am scared about the future of our football, we think we have done the right thing by sacking keshi but am afraid we may be regretting some years later, keshi qualified Togo for the world cup, but what has Togo achieved since then? you are very right concerning the quality of players we have right now cos this must be least talented generation of Nigerian players we've ever had, this is the reason despite getting to the second round of the world cup, none of them made any big move to a club in Europe. Its not a coaching problem, we lack the materials, even the likes of uche and martins people are shouting about are average players in average clubs.

rightly said... I play competitive football too, often times it's sheer zeal and dedication that makes a team!
I was ashamed after Sudan vs Nigeria, our national team couldn't string passes together (the coach can only say his own) but when it comes to execution??
sacking Keshi is one step forward ten backwards...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by princebergz(m): 9:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
macof:
African football as a whole is wack
Only South Africa has standard pitches

what do you mean by standard pitches? and how many continental trophies do have they won?
if you not too busy, watch different African leagues on Supersport and you would change your mind.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by lormarx: 6:19am On Oct 25, 2014
oyinkanolu:
The Former Coach of the Super Eagles |Stephen Keshi| has thrown a parting shot at Nigerian
football, saying the country should stop seeing itself as a serious football nation considering it
is still lagging behind in many vital areas needed to attain such levels.

In a chat with ESPN football pundit Colin Udoh, the former Togo and former Mali manager noted,
for instance, that but for his intervention, the Akwa Ibom State governor was planning to lay
artificial grass on the newly built world-class Uyo Stadium. That venue will host the decisive
clash of the Super Eagles with South Africa next month.

“How many good pitches do we have in this country? Keshi queried. We say we are a football
nation and we don't even have good training pitches for the national team, or good field to play
on. Instead, there are artificial pitches everywhere, even the new Stadium in Uyo, it was when I
heard from the governor that they wanted to use artificial pitch that I had to shout and tell him no
way. That is how they used natural grass pitch there. But why should I be the one to say it? Where
are the journalists?”

He said he was proud of his achievements during his spell as Nigeria’s manager.

“People keep saying I drew a lot of matches. But how many Nigerian coaches agreed to play
friendly matches all the time. Or to use home-based players without fear but people don't see that.

Every time it's Keshi this and Keshi that. Then they say I always try to use the President against
them. President that I cannot even see!”

He also said he was happy that the drama was finally over, as was his family.

“I am not bitter. I'm just disappointed in some of you,” he pointed out, referring to journalists.
“Now people can stop talking about Keshi.”

Meanwhile, the Ethiopian Football Association, responding to reports that Keshi would be in the
country this week to finalise a contract to take over their National team, has denied ever
approaching Keshi or getting any application from him

http://www.remspot.com.ng/2014/10/nigeria-is-not-serious-football-country.html
that is why people like you are appointed
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Muzikluva(m): 11:14am On Oct 25, 2014
safarigirl:
Dear Keshi,

You as a Nigerian, should know your people are not serious about anything. The entire world is just a big joke for them to laugh at. They have no foresight whatsoever, all they know is what's happening at the moment and all their decisions are based on such.

You have tried, just know you have passed another phase in life and the path is clear for you to look towards another
du yu rily understand what you are saying here??guess yu truly don't have any foresight az well.smh
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:40am On Oct 26, 2014
miccheck58:
This guy is vexing for us..... but who cares?
I & other reasonable Nigerians care.
We can't hire a sound foreign coach.
Nigeria ll likely retain Amodu or hire Siasia or Oliseh.
Last Bullet
We are back to square one!
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Hardtalk: 4:44am On Oct 26, 2014
Nigeria is not a serious football nation, yet, he won AFCON (as a player) in 1994. He came back to win it as a coach in 2013. Now I know that this man is clueless. He should go and rest. In fact, from now on, show me a serious football nation, that will employ him (with his lack of technical-know-how), and I will show you a nation that is not a serious football nation.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by honeric01(m): 10:36am On Oct 26, 2014
Muzikluva:
du yu rily understand what you are saying here??guess yu truly don't have any foresight az well.smh

How many letters are in do and your du? Az and As? IARSMH!
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Muzikluva(m): 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2014
honeric01:

How many letters are in do and your du? Az and As? IARSMH!
what are you saying?you want to tell me you don't know people write that informally some times?or you think I don't know the right thing?go take a nap please.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by honeric01(m): 12:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
Muzikluva:
what are you saying?you want to tell me you don't know people write that informally some times?or you think I don't know the right thing?go take a nap please.

You know the right thing to do yet refused to do it, what does that make you?
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Muzikluva(m): 2:13pm On Oct 26, 2014
honeric01:

You know the right thing to do yet refused to do it, what does that make you?
you obviously have nothing to say so just beat it!
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by honeric01(m): 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
Muzikluva:
you obviously have nothing to say so just beat it!

Easy to spot people who do the wrong things for no just reason.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Muzikluva(m): 5:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
honeric01:

Easy to spot people who do the wrong things for no just reason.
you really do have a problem.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by honeric01(m): 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2014
Muzikluva:
you really do have a problem.

Learn to take correction, abbreviations are used for long words not for short words like "as" and "do". where is the sense in spelling as as az and do as du?

Pray you don't end up writing like this formally.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Muzikluva(m): 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2014
honeric01:

Learn to take correction, abbreviations are used for long words not for short words like "as" and "do". where is the sense in spelling as as az and do as du?

Pray you don't end up writing like this formally.
whoever you are,you have a big problem,so annoying!!!like you don't use it at all.please just keep your thrash talk to yourself.you think you know it all,gibberish!!!
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by honeric01(m): 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2014
Muzikluva:
whoever you are,you have a big problem,so annoying!!!like you don't use it at all.please just keep your thrash talk to yourself.you think you know it all,gibberish!!!

SMH..
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Muzikluva(m): 7:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
honeric01:

SMH..
that is for yourself,I don't need to waste my time with sum1 like you_you obviously lack direction!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup / Ghana Vs Uruguay: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (0 - 2) On 2nd December 2022 / Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.