Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:04 PM

Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. (15269 Views)

Wike Calls For Amaechi’s Arrest, PM News / New Hurdle For Amaechi, Fashola As Senate Rules That Two Senators Must Endorse E / Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by samseen02(m): 11:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
Descartes:
Lootocracy !!!grin
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by frankyychiji(f): 1:13am On Oct 24, 2014
phantom:
MR Josiah Olu, Chairman, Finance Committee of Rivers House of Assembly, on Tuesday said that the House had approved N19 billion from reserved funds for Gov. Amaechi to complete ongoing projects.

[b]Olu, (APC-Eleme), told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Port Harcourt that the Assembly, had earlier in the year, approved N30 billion for Amaechi from government’s reserved funds.

He said the financial situation of the country had made it impossible for states to meet their financial obligations.

"What the states get from the centre has dwindled drastically and it’s been quite difficult for states to pay salaries and meet contractual obligations.

Gov. Amaechi had initiated compulsory monthly savings of N1 billion for the state reserve funds which the Assembly passed into law.

"Luckily for us, that’s what we have been able to fall back on to cushion the effect of harsh conditions we find ourselves,’’ he said.

The committee chairman said the state did not borrow the N19 billion, but accessed its savings in the reserved funds to complete ongoing projects.

He said that Amaechi had approached the House to amend the law on the reserved funds to enable government access it to cushion effects of the short fall in revenue from the federation account.[/b]

Olu said the House amended the law which enabled government to access funds from the monthly compulsory savings. (NAN)

source
Who are they deceiving? The monies will actually end up in the pocket of the boys as the reality of sunset for Apc in rivers dawns on Amaechi..
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by mrvictor: 1:21am On Oct 24, 2014
chrisxxx:
Dont be fooled. There was no saving in the first place. The dramatic and simulated withdrawal is just to cover up in case an opposition government takes over. He claimed he saved what about the interest? I am suprised very few people understand the craftiness and antics of this governor. Please there was no saving at all. To prove to you see if you would notice any difference in terms of project executions after the withdrawal.bI weep for Rivers State. This rape is happening before me and I seem powerless. I am afraid to talk so as others too.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by Kingslaw(m): 2:29am On Oct 24, 2014
richardjemedafe1:
LISTEN AND LISTEN CAREFULLY!!
1. The whitest man on earth still has a black
shadow.
2. No mechanic can repair 'breaking news.'
3. No matter how tall you are, you can never see
tomorrow.
4. Even if you have millions of cars, you still
have to walk to your bedroom.
5. You, being the best swimmer doesn't make
you a fish.
6. The strongest man on earth can never carry a
mountain.
7. The smartest Assassin on earth can never kill
Water.
8. No matter how smart a police is, he can never
catch the air.
9. No matter how mighty a man is, he can never
be wise as King Solomon.
10. Going to Church or Mosque doesn't makes
you a good Christian or Muslim.
Add yours lemme see how smart ya'll are
no matter how smart you are, you can never post all the quotes on earth here!
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by extension: 2:55am On Oct 24, 2014
Last looting arrangement for Apc/Buhari election.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by DJDOLA(m): 2:59am On Oct 24, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1963635/need ...pls I need help here. Every NL should help me I don't want 2 die
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 24, 2014
all4naija:
That Rivers governor should be jail! He should be voted out of power quickly. angry lipsrsealed
Vote out a governor who is in his second term.
You must have been very intelligent in your former life as a toad

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by Nobody: 4:16am On Oct 24, 2014
pendy79:
A good leader will safe for the rainy day and the reality of the times we are now calls for a serious thinking. We have a finance minister who told us that paying off huge billions will help us get on on our road to economic recovery and rejuvenation now same minister is saying it is okay to borrow $1bn to fund arms purchase and we are supposed to have a sovereign wealth fund, sure-p funding, excess crude account but we still want to go borrowing with an interest of N30bn on the loan.

Not many governors can boast of such prudency not even my loved and cherished fashola. I give it to gov. Rotimi amaechi on this one. Can the spendthrift gov. in the south of the niger who earns the largest allocation boasts of N10bn in a escrow account? When he can't even pay primary school teachers for some months as we read. Riverians will sure miss you.

You, Sir, just don't understand what you are writing about. Sovereign wealth fund is not just a saving but an investment, you can't just go in and take out 49 billion naira in a year as Amaechi just did... it is financial recklessness and rather should be condemned.

The 1 billion dollars SWF was invested in 3 portfolios, 20% on stabilization fund, 40% on Nigeria infrastructure fund and 40% on future generation fund. It may interest you to know that this fund generated a net profit of 525 million naira in its first year.

SWF is a long investment vehicle of the FG using the excess crude fund so you don't expect the FG to dip into the fund to finance the arm deal. Example of what sovereign wealth fund does:

1. Dubai's Wealth Fund Invests $300 Million in Dangote cement

2. Nigeria SWF to buy stake in gas processing plant

3. Nigeria Sovereign Wealth Fund Invests $200m In US Bonds

I really wish and hope that the Nigeria's SWF will emulate Khazanah Nasional Berhad (Malaysia's Sovereign wealth fund).

I wonder who are the managers of Gov. Amaechi N1b a month savings because they deserve to be fired really. How was the fund invested that in 10 months, they have taken out a total of 49 billion naira out of the fund, this is pure mismanagement. Where is reserve fund kept? is it generating any income, dividend or interest? what is the value of such fund? how much is left

Since according to you, every government must to borrow but use up its reserve fund just in time before going out of office, please can you remind us why Gov. Amaechi left the River state people without water just because the FG didn't approve his $280M. He cried to the whole world that the FG didn't want to provide water to his people while he was sitting on flowing cash in the bank.

I think what we should be asking is why such a fund is not invested in infrastructures and portfolio that will aid the economical growth of the state rather than keeping it in the bank to be looted at will.

This is anything but prudence or good financial management

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by bunmioguns(m): 4:20am On Oct 24, 2014
cool
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by Ologunjude(m): 5:03am On Oct 24, 2014
Half of this funds would be shared between now and December 31st. Then a brand new budget would come out for 2015. embarassed time to loot. Every year across Nigeria moneys left in capital expenditure are quickly shared to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by redcliff: 5:25am On Oct 24, 2014
chrisxxx:
Dont be fooled. There was no saving in the first place. The dramatic and simulated withdrawal is just to cover up in case an opposition government takes over. He claimed he saved what about the interest? I am suprised very few people understand the craftiness and antics of this governor. Please there was no saving at all. To prove to you see if you would notice any difference in terms of project executions after the withdrawal.bI weep for Rivers State. This rape is happening before me and I seem powerless. I am afraid to talk so as others too.

Are you just stewpid or just plane stupid? For the fact that a governor took this gesture more than 2years bfre to the end of his tenure is worth lauding..if its 19billion, that accounts for 19months. Must you hear every bit of the news? Even if theres interest, did they tell you it was withdrawn? If an opposition takes over, thats enough reason to even call external auditors to better scrutinize the accounts and believe me real auditing is matemathics. 1+1 must give 2. If it doesnt, then there is a hole in the system. Do you think Amaechi would be foolish enough not to get things right? If you have proper evidential facts and figures, please speakup or hold your peace and stop formulating poo from thin air. I dont understand how nigerians think. It eludes me.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:42am On Oct 24, 2014
To dey hear dis money na normal tin for nigeria, only say its audible to the deaf and visible to the blind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by chrisxxx(m): 5:42am On Oct 24, 2014
phantom:
i am in rivers state and i can attest to the fact that there are indeed uncompleted projects all over the state and these projects are suffering from poor funding.

on nigeriainfo fm a few weeks ago,the governor admitted the state was cash strapped.he was finding it very difficult to pay salaries BECAUSE federal allocation had reduced drastically(to about 12billion/month)so he managed to make up from his 10billion/month IGR to do that.as a result ,projects have stalled and for those of you who live in PH,you can all attest to the fact that amaechis projects ON A GOOD DAY,are completed quite rapidly.

the woji elelenwo link road/bridge needs to be completed. i dont know how much its budget is,but from what ive seen going on at the site,that project is bloody expensive.
iwofe road(being constructed by MCC) is also moving on slowly
the andoni-opobo unity road is probably the most ambitious road project taken on by a state governor.very few roads (e.g lagos-badagry by LSG and maybe the delta to akwaibom segment of the east-west road )in nigeria would dwarf its magnitude and cost

those of us unbiased citizens who live in PH know that amaechi has taken on ambitious and costly projects which he is struggling to complete.
And u think 19B is the leverage to constructing or finishing all these projects u have mentioned? I think u r not a good spokeman or u never did ur homework well.

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 24, 2014
aguizm:
U are definitely high on some cheap weeds by mentioning wike's name.
Ameachi should tell us what he did with the #495 billion budgeted for this year. Which projects are there that he is borrowing or ploughing back according to Mr olu to complete.He is just withdrawing the money to enrich himself before he leaves office.

#Less I forget Team Nyesom Wike For Governor# For a better and more developed rivers. Wike 2015
U re a Big fool...
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by chrisxxx(m): 6:04am On Oct 24, 2014
redcliff:

Are you just stewpid or just plane stupid? For the fact that a governor took this gesture more than 2years bfre to the end of his tenure is worth lauding..if its 19billion, that accounts for 19months. Must you hear every bit of the news? Even if theres interest, did they tell you it was withdrawn? If an opposition takes over, thats enough reason to even call external auditors to better scrutinize the accounts and believe me real auditing is matemathics. 1+1 must give 2. If it doesnt, then there is a hole in the system. Do you think Amaechi would be foolish enough not to get things right? If you have proper evidential facts and figures, please speakup or hold your peace and stop formulating poo from thin air. I dont understand how nigerians think. It eludes me.
Bros may I humbly ask who unchained you? I thought you were on psychotherapy treatment and hence chained? Evidently with respect to ur trash surmise u still have an issue. Or could it be that u are suffering from cranial-rectum inversion? Or you have ur grey matter soaked in a medium of cow dung and osmosis taking full effects? If any of this is the case I reserve my comment on you lest u would have known to make ur points without abusing anybody who has contrary opinion.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by redcliff: 6:13am On Oct 24, 2014
chrisxxx:

Bros may I humbly ask who unchained you? I thought you were on psychotherapy treatment and hence chained? Evidently with respect to ur trash surmise u still have an issue. Or could it be that u are suffering from cranial-rectum inversion? Or you have ur grey matter soaked in a medium of cow dung and osmosis taking full effects? If any of this is the case I reserve my comment on you lest u would have known to make ur points without abusing anybody who has contrary opinion.

As it relates to the topic. You said nothing..please stop digressing.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by chrisxxx(m): 7:41am On Oct 24, 2014
redcliff:

As it relates to the topic. You said nothing..please stop digressing.
At least I have educated u to make ur point without abusing ur opponent. Respect.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by kennyjubris: 7:43am On Oct 24, 2014
APC lucky to loot Rivers to make up
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by aguizm(m): 7:54am On Oct 24, 2014
Raymondenyi:
U re a Big fool...
Thunder fire u. Bia don't dare me oooo. Bastard.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by Toktee(m): 9:37am On Oct 24, 2014
mcdokwe:
All this end time projects. A precursor to abandoned projects, as there are no guarantees that the succeeding government would pick up from where the predecessor left. #sitdown dey look na dog name -Ejiro 2012

it's a good thing the money was taken from the state's saving though. (T. A Orji, how much you save? )
you are very dull,,,,,the speaker said,they have approved the money for the completion of ongoing projects,he dnt said the governor wnt to initiate new project.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by mcdokwe(m): 9:47am On Oct 24, 2014
Toktee:
you are very dull,,,,,the speaker said,they have approved the money for the completion of ongoing projects,he dnt said the governor wnt to initiate new project.
whatever, who reads all these? I made frontpage u know. Lol.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by Toktee(m): 9:47am On Oct 24, 2014
aguizm:
Ameachi should tell us what he did with the #495 billion budgeted for this year. Which projects are there that he is borrowing or ploughing back according to Mr olu to complete.He is just withdrawing the money to enrich himself before he leaves office.

#Less I forget Team Nyesom Wike For Governor# For a better and more developed rivers. Wike 2015
You sound like one of the ex-millitants,whch 495bn are you talking about,oh you mean the one owned rivers by the federal goverment?
Let me tell you somethng my friend,if ameachi mismanaged such amount,he should have been history by now.
You better slow down before you will get heart attack,wike cannever rule River state,go and mark ur calender.

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 24, 2014
StarBoard:

Vote out a governor who is in his second term.
You must have been very intelligent in your former life as a toad
Oh, I didn't know that. Well, he should be jailed! He's a buffoon!
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by mbulela: 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
tobtap:

wike is just a rich political agbero....rivers state deserves someone better
Fayose has set an example.
There is hope for agbreos.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by Myself2(m): 4:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
[size=14pt]Complete projects abi to complete the looting [/size]
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by davidigomanel: 4:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
I wish their is money for rivers state govt to pay my salary for 6month. plz remember my cry oooh. to work without pay ....,,
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by Osakah24(m): 5:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
SeunEatsGARRI:

And Goodluck Jonathan remains my mentor!
You are learning from the master himself
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by Osakah24(m): 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
Im surprised people are buying this, Okonjo Iweala made public the other time how much each state earns ,Rivers was top 3 highest earning state in nigeria, compare what the state have gotten for the past 7 years and what he has actually done in rivers, its not comparable in anyway. monorail was an elephant project.All this APC guys will go to any length to exonerate their own. I dont support any political party but if you really stand for progressive change then you will call a spade a spade.You saved money for your state only to go back and take it when your tenure is about ending. Common salaries are being owed in one of the richest states in nigeria. God abeg save us .

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by Okute4ike(m): 7:42pm On Oct 24, 2014
grin
aguizm:

lif dat work 4 EFCC in 2015, #AmaechiGoHear m
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by glory2glory: 8:39pm On Oct 24, 2014
akpur1:
Dont be deceived which contract do they want to complete when 2015 is by the corner. A.P.C need funds for election na FORMAT amaechi dey use. After the approval still look at the project he said he would use the money for then you will would see incomplete jobs.
Do you live in Rivers state? There are projects ongoing. The Woji to Garrison roads with bridges is one of them.
The Nkpogu to LNG road in yet to be completed.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. by glory2glory: 8:47pm On Oct 24, 2014
chrisxxx:
How do you know there was no saving at all. Do you have the details of the financial accounts of Rivers state? Do you have any proof? Or you just assume and just say anything because you don't like Amaechi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Air Force Airstrike Destroys New Boko Haram Camp (video) / Cambridge Analytica's Ruthless Bid To Sway The Vote In Nigeria / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Celebrates Her 65th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.