Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,293 members, 7,957,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:06 PM

Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid (2144 Views)

2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje / US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable / Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by ikaboy: 9:19pm On Oct 23, 2014
first Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, has expressed her support for the governorship bid of former Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike, saying the aspirant is primed for the leadership of Rivers State.

Speaking when she paid a solidarity visit to Wike in his Abuja residence on Thursday, Jonathan said, she came to give him her blessings, noting that the former minister proved himself when he was in the federal cabinet.

She said, “I am giving you the blessing of a mother. The blessing a mother gives to a beloved son. Go and you will conquer. He is a Minister that delivered while he served in the cabinet. Wike proved himself and is ready to serve in a higher capacity.”

Jonathan described the former minister as a listening and respectful politician who obeyed her when she asked him to drop his senatorial aspiration in 2011.

“You listened to me and dropped your senatorial aspiration. I pray God to protect you, lead you and please go on with your aspiration.

“I have handed you (Wike) over to our father, Dr. Peter Odili and the people of Rivers State. You are going to Rivers State for the betterment of all of us and to wipe our tears,” she stated.

After her speech, she symbolically handed Wike over to the former Governor of Rivers State, Dr. Peter Odili, who was part of her entourage.

Responding, Wike assured the First Lady that the PDP would emerge victorious in all elections in 2015.

He commended the First Lady for serving as a mother to all Rivers people, pointing out that the PDP would continue to wax stronger under her guidance.

Also speaking, former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Chief Austin Opara, said that with the support of the First Lady, PDP in Rivers State has gained more grounds and is ready to win in 2015.

He said leaders of Rivers PDP collectively bought governorship form for the former minister because they are united in the quest to take over from the All Progressives Congress government in the state.

Prominent Rivers indigenes at the meeting include, Senator Adewari Pepple, Evans Bipi, Chief Sergeant Awuse, former deputy speaker, Chibudom Nwuche, Chief Austin Opara, former Deputy Speaker, House of Representatives, Executive Director, Finance, Niger Delta Development Commission, Dr. Ogiri, former commissioner of Sports, Boma Iyayi and an Ogoni political chieftain, Chief Kenneth Kobani.

http://www.punchng.com/news/patience-jonathan-backs-wikes-gov-bid/

I thought she will mention one achievement of Wike while in office. Just messing up her office.
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by SeunEatsGARRI: 9:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
.and how will it affect the price of GARRI in creek road marketing?
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by sluvy4tune(m): 9:31pm On Oct 23, 2014
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by pendy79: 9:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
Here lies a woman who had a money laundering case whilst she was the wife of the deputy governor and later governor of Bayelsa state handing over a candidate to the only politician in the whole world (at least that I know of) who has a court injunction that restrains any legal entity from scrutinizing his 8years misrule of Rivers state.

The long and short of this is that any attempt by.rivers people to vote wike if he gets the ticket anyway will spell doom for the oil rich state. It is really a pity that weve allowed ourselves to be recolonized by heartless and soulles politicians who have no desire to deliver any dividend of democratic rule to the people but enrich themselves and their cliques.

Imagine wike needing to make all these people in the entourage of the first lady happy if he's elected governor? Thank God I'm not a riverian cos the state allocation no go even reach Abuja toll gate before he finish

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by experimentist: 9:43pm On Oct 23, 2014
Ok
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 23, 2014
SeunEatsGARRI:
Ýou see as our sister de misbehave? You see why barcanista don't support the Jonathans? Isn't it clear that they give no fvck about our welfare and the riverine?
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
Barcanista, mama PEACE has endorsed another ikwerre son. What say ya?
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
The battleline has been drawn. It is clear and certain that the Jonathans are bent on sacrificing the interest of the Riverine and the Good people of Rivers State for politics. A man that wishes Wike for Rivers is an enemy of the state. A man that fraterÑize with odili is an enemy of the state. PDP have credible riverine people that can successfully run for the guber and are serious people. PDP have Mr. Tonye Princewill and Sen George Sekibo but it it Nyesome Wike my so-called sister is supporting.
All rivers people and the riverine should join hands and support the candidacy of APC Dagogo Peterside. We must punish the PÐP and Jonathan at the federal level.

Operation uproot PDP in Rivers.

stebell, I am sure you read this article....
Cc kel4soft

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by SeunEatsGARRI: 9:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
barcanista:
The battle line has been drawn. It is clear and certain that the Jonathans are bent on sacrificing the interest of the Riverine and the Good people of Rivers State for politics. A man that wishes Wike for Rivers is an enemy of the state. A man that fraterÑize with odili is an enemy of the state. PDP have credible riverine people that can successfully run for the guber and are serious people. PDP have Mr. Tonye Princewill and Sen George Sekibo but it it Nyesome Wike my so-called sister is supporting.
All rivers people and the riverine should join hands and support the candidacy of APC Dagogo Peterside. We must punish the PÐP and Jonathan at the federal level.

Cc kel4soft

God bless u!
In as much as GEJ is my Mentor, I yam not in support if his mortgaging the future of the other tribes in Rivers because he is scared of Amaechi.

That is not a true Ijaw Man. I forget he is an Ogbia man!

Pathetic undecided

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 23, 2014
SeunEatsGARRI:

God bless u!
In as much as GEJ is my Mentor, I yam nTobin support if his mortgaging the future of the other trubis in Rivers because he is scared of Amaechi.

Pathetic undecided
since Jonathan assumed powÉr the people Óf River§ State have not benefittÉd from him… it is a consensus that the Riverine should produce the governorn, Àpart from that, we have credible peo¶le gunning for the office. Instead our brother and sister rather endorse a notorious dimwit to the detrÍment of our ppl.

We must vÓte APÇ at all level
Kick out Jonathan
Reject Wike 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by phantom(m): 10:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
pendy79:
Here lies a woman who had a money laundering case whilst she was the wife of the deputy governor and later governor of Bayelsa state handing over a candidate to the only politician in the whole world (at least that I know of) who has a court injunction that restrains any legal entity from scrutinizing his 8years misrule of Rivers state.

The long and short of this is that any attempt by.rivers people to vote wike if he gets the ticket anyway will spell doom for the oil rich state. It is really a pity that weve allowed ourselves to be recolonized by heartless and soulles politicians who have no desire to deliver any dividend of democratic rule to the people but enrich themselves and their cliques.

Imagine wike needing to make all these people in the entourage of the first lady happy if he's elected governor? Thank God I'm not a riverian cos the state allocation no go even reach Abuja toll gate before he finish

the bolded wan kill me with laugh... grin grin grin grin grin grin

i hope rivers people will vote right next year. if they vote in wike,anything dem see make dem tak am like that.. grin
imagine this woman "handing over" wike to odili, a man who stole rivers blind and is being protected by his equally corrupt wife at the supreme court.... sad sad grin grin grin.
its a pity.
my advice to rivers youths would be to take wikes money,enjoy it to the fullest and then turn around and vote a responsible,sane leader.

if the PDP in rivers state has an iota of respect for their party,they better look inwards and pick princewill or even sekibo.
i will take george sekibo over wike anyday!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by JEITO: 10:13pm On Oct 23, 2014
It is not advisable for political figures like President, 1st ladies, governors, etc. To show their admiration for a particular candidate so publicly it discourages others that may not be too close to such public figures.
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by kel4soft: 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
We saw this coming all along and that is one of the reasons Amaechi left the party. PDP has 20 factions in Rivers State where every one her aspirant has a faction of his.

By God's grace Wike wont succeed.
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by patrickmuf(m): 11:00pm On Oct 23, 2014
This represents everything wrong with Nigeria... The wife of the President should seldom speak not to talk of being involved in active politicking... It's shambolic to say the least...

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by atlwireles: 11:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
Interesting, the sad truth is Wike is not stoppable. My only worry here is the politics of tribal cohesion in Rivers State. If PDP presents Wike in the general election, the man is going to win. A United Ikwerre front have the votes to make it happen, that's the political reality in River state. How the people of the lower land will be appeased is unfortunately unknown at this time.
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by dulaman: 11:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
she said blessing her son? Patience and woke who senior?
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by denedene(m): 11:44pm On Oct 23, 2014
weeping for my state.... I know amaechi is d reason wike is being endorsed buh if d state falls into d hands of apc due to diz endorsement. it will b d president's greatest undoing
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by stebell(m): 12:02am On Oct 24, 2014
barcanista:
The battleline has been drawn. It is clear and certain that the Jonathans are bent on sacrificing the interest of the Riverine and the Good people of Rivers State for politics. A man that wishes Wike for Rivers is an enemy of the state. A man that fraterÑize with odili is an enemy of the state. PDP have credible riverine people that can successfully run for the guber and are serious people. PDP have Mr. Tonye Princewill and Sen George Sekibo but it it Nyesome Wike my so-called sister is supporting.

Cc kel4soft

Has Dakoko picked his nomination form yet or will he too borrow money ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ get his form?
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by lonelydora: 12:04am On Oct 24, 2014
Endorsing Wike means Rivers State will be a war zone soonest.
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by stebell(m): 12:09am On Oct 24, 2014
barcanista:
since Jonathan assumed powÉr the people Óf River§ State have not benefittÉd from him… it is a consensus that the Riverine should produce the governorn, Àpart from that, we have credible peo¶le gunning for the office. Instead our brother and sister rather endorse a notorious dimwit to the detrÍment of our ppl.

We must vÓte APÇ at all level
Kick out Jonathan
Reject Wike 2015

Where was τ̲̅ђe riverine when Wike alone battled Amaechi τ̲̅ђe tyrant ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ see that PDP is not destroyed in τ̲̅ђe state.
They shud go and pick their form and test their popularity.

τ̲̅ђe man Wike saw ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ it that PDP stand τ̲̅ђe test of tym in τ̲̅ђe heat of decamping. They were sitting on τ̲̅ђe fence ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ see hw it turns out. Now it turns out that Wike will get τ̲̅ђe flag, all of them are now coming down frm τ̲̅ђe fence.

If Wike can stop Amaechi come 2015, so be it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by kel4soft: 12:12am On Oct 24, 2014
stebell:

Has Dakoko picked his nomination form yet or will he too borrow money ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ get his form?

You have not said anything about Wike's endorsement. BTW, you have your right t support whoever that pleases you.

As for Dakuku (IPAD4G), he will definitely pick his form afterall GEJ has not picked his.
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 24, 2014
stebell:

Where was τ̲̅ђe riverine when Wike alone battled Amaechi τ̲̅ђe tyrant ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ see that PDP is not destroyed in τ̲̅ђe state.
They shud go and pick their form and test their popularity.

τ̲̅ђe man Wike saw ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ it that PDP stand τ̲̅ђe test of tym in τ̲̅ђe heat of decamping. They were sitting on τ̲̅ђe fence ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ see hw it turns out. Now it turns out that Wike will get τ̲̅ђe flag, all of them are now coming down frm τ̲̅ђe fence.

If Wike can stop Amaechi come 2015, so be it
You should be ashamed of yourself. It is a shame That a suppose Ijaw son will make such an embarrassing statement. We are talking of the interest of the Riverine and Rivers State and you are talking Amaechi Vs Jonathan. Is Amaechis synonymous with Rivers state? What is Wike briging on board? You need to do a soul searching my guy. I am disappointed!!!

Meanwhile today(24th) is my birthday

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by Dracula27: 3:56am On Oct 24, 2014
Wike would be the next Governor of Rivers State.
You can take that to the bank.
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 24, 2014
wike go and deliver rivers state, u re the man.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by Dracula27: 8:54am On Oct 24, 2014
Not just her, Rivers people also support Wike for governor.
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by JEITO: 9:01am On Oct 24, 2014
barcanista:
Ýou see as our sister de misbehave? You see why barcanista don't support the Jonathans? Isn't it clear that they give no fvck about our welfare and the riverine?
wait o! Bros! Shey na Jona work to regulate the price of garri for waterside
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by Dejohnbull: 9:31am On Oct 24, 2014
Wike 2015, apc in rivers can go & hang them selfs or hug transfomertongue
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by networkrecharg: 9:46am On Oct 24, 2014
WIKE CANT WIN RIVERS... HE HAS DONE EXECESS ARTOCITIES TO RIVERS PEOPLE.

YE ENSURED THAT WE LACK FUNDS AS PRESIDENTIAL AID.

Dejohnbull:
Wike 2015, apc in rivers can go & hang them selfs or hug transfomertongue
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by networkrecharg: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2014
READ AND CHECK THAT THERE IS NO ACHIEVEMENT MENTIONED HEREIN

ikaboy:
first Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, has expressed her support for the governorship bid of former Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike, saying the aspirant is primed for the leadership of Rivers State.

Speaking when she paid a solidarity visit to Wike in his Abuja residence on Thursday, Jonathan said, she came to give him her blessings, noting that the former minister proved himself when he was in the federal cabinet.

She said, “I am giving you the blessing of a mother. The blessing a mother gives to a beloved son. Go and you will conquer. He is a Minister that delivered while he served in the cabinet. Wike proved himself and is ready to serve in a higher capacity.”

Jonathan described the former minister as a listening and respectful politician who obeyed her when she asked him to drop his senatorial aspiration in 2011.

“You listened to me and dropped your senatorial aspiration. I pray God to protect you, lead you and please go on with your aspiration.

“I have handed you (Wike) over to our father, Dr. Peter Odili and the people of Rivers State. You are going to Rivers State for the betterment of all of us and to wipe our tears,” she stated.

After her speech, she symbolically handed Wike over to the former Governor of Rivers State, Dr. Peter Odili, who was part of her entourage.

Responding, Wike assured the First Lady that the PDP would emerge victorious in all elections in 2015.

He commended the First Lady for serving as a mother to all Rivers people, pointing out that the PDP would continue to wax stronger under her guidance.

Also speaking, former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Chief Austin Opara, said that with the support of the First Lady, PDP in Rivers State has gained more grounds and is ready to win in 2015.

He said leaders of Rivers PDP collectively bought governorship form for the former minister because they are united in the quest to take over from the All Progressives Congress government in the state.

Prominent Rivers indigenes at the meeting include, Senator Adewari Pepple, Evans Bipi, Chief Sergeant Awuse, former deputy speaker, Chibudom Nwuche, Chief Austin Opara, former Deputy Speaker, House of Representatives, Executive Director, Finance, Niger Delta Development Commission, Dr. Ogiri, former commissioner of Sports, Boma Iyayi and an Ogoni political chieftain, Chief Kenneth Kobani.

http://www.punchng.com/news/patience-jonathan-backs-wikes-gov-bid/

I thought she will mention one achievement of Wike while in office. Just messing up her office.
Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by 1shortblackboy: 10:01am On Oct 24, 2014
wike. That obio -akpor tout naim Dem wan make governor. God forbid bad tin

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Backs Wike’s Gov Bid by size38: 10:39am On Oct 24, 2014
Wike's endorsement by the first lady will be one big bitter lesson the Riverine and other tribes will learn and have to live with for 8yrs if Wike finally becomes the Governor of Rivers state. As an Ikwerre man, I can never support Wike or any other Ikwerre man to succeed Amaechi. But when Amaechi was shouting and complaining, they were all queuing behind Wike believing he wike, was fighting for GEJ. The same GEJ and PEJ whom they believe they were fighting for are the ones causing them sleepless nite now. But as it is today, if Wike wins, it is to our Glory and gain as Ikwerre people. But as an APC member in Rivers state, I will Vote against Wike and PDP.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should We Divide This Country Called Nigeria? / Tinubu, Govs Disagree On Buhari’s Running Mate / How To Know Your PVC Pickup Location

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.