Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria (22369 Views)

South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government / BREAKING: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government / DSS Withdraws From Dasuki’s House… South Africa Returns Seized Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by forgotnhero(m): 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
this has actually possitioned nigeria in africa, usa of america publicly seized ours (abasha embezzled funds in swiss).
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by DaBullIT(m): 11:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
Its safe to assume that no weapon was purchased eventually as such I'm not happy that south Africa returned the money. Now that weapons purchase failed some people will squander / share the money.

The problem is not solved they merely pushed it further into the future . should the talks with boko haram fail to yeikd results or should another form of terror present itself. Nigerian Army will have the same excuse which is : we don't have weapons
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:18am On Oct 26, 2014
justitiaomnibus:
south Africa Just wanted to be in the NEWS.

it was all a publicity stunt.

you knw in Nigeria, if you wantto be popular, insult the president and pull a stunt onthe establishment.

which other African Country could have made South Africa get the kind of fameit just got since the Death of Mandela if not Nigeria.

but they also know that a dwarf cannot rub shoulders with a Giant and when we say this to them on Nairaland, the arrogantly insult us.

Res Ipsa Loquitor.

you are still young into world business

really who moves with such hard cash ?

such money is moved through banks, wire transfers not hard cash

here in uk you get stopped and asked questions when you are leaving if you are carrying more than £5000 in cash

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving/declaring-cash.htm

your guys were carrying millions in cash

the only way was to make especially arrangements so that only people who new about the deal will process and clear the plane after landing but thats wasnt done

any country with good working system would have done what south africa did
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by daveP(m): 8:44am On Oct 26, 2014
I sat in my room and thought of how painful it would be for South Africa if Nigeria puts an end to both Dstv and Mtn!!!! grin grin grin

Nigeria are good with diplomacy threats. I wish they convert it to automatic defence for their maltreated citizens.

I rem the cutting off of power supply to Ghana, oil and gas to one country like that. Makes you love your country.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by buzzmania(m): 10:58pm On Oct 26, 2014
daveP:
I sat in my room and thought of how painful it would be for South Africa if Nigeria puts an end to both Dstv and Mtn!!!! grin grin grin

Nigeria are good with diplomacy threats. I wish they convert it to automatic defence for their maltreated citizens.

I rem the cutting off of power supply to Ghana, oil and gas to one country like that. Makes you love your country.
Dude! Stop being delusional.Cutting off power supply to Ghana?Your height of ignorance is very alarming.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by daveP(m): 12:19am On Oct 27, 2014
buzzmania:
Dude! Stop being delusional.Cutting off power supply to Ghana?Your height of ignorance is very alarming.
OK!
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 6:15am On Oct 27, 2014
akinsadeez:
Imagine the huge amount of interest that 15m$ would have earned in the bank. These south africans are thieves. They must return our money with all accrued interest

Earned in the bank for and to benefit whom?

How is it your money?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by akinsadeez(m): 10:12am On Oct 27, 2014
Sagamite:

Earned in the bank for and to benefit whom?

How is it your money?

While the 15m$ was with the south Africans, was it hidden under Jacob Zuma's bed? They held the money illegally for about two months. They should remit every kobo that accrued on it while it was in their bank.

I never said it was my money, I said it is our money. The 15m$ belongs to Nigeria and Nigeria is an amorphous entity. We, the people are the ones who make up Nigeria. The money is therefore our money.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Voicefilter: 11:51am On Oct 27, 2014
There are alot of fools here. how do you know that GEJ begged for mercy as this could affect elections.
To everyone who says SA will suffer if Nigeria chase out MTN and DSTV answer these questions for me:

1. Who is employed in those companies? It is SAcans?
2. Where was Nigeria when we were enjoying the services of these companies? I mean were they struggling?
3. Which other companies with the same status can you provide for yourselvses?
4. What percentage do you contribute to overall profits as compared to all their global investments?
5. What would you have without them?

Think before you write things. SA is just being diplomatic Nigeria needs SA more than SA need Nigeria. That is a fact.Unfortunately you do not know what is being discussed behind closed doors you just assume. A very Big Flaw.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 1:28pm On Oct 27, 2014
akinsadeez:

While the 15m$ was with the south Africans, was it hidden under Jacob Zuma's bed? They held the money illegally for about two months. They should remit every kobo that accrued on it while it was in their bank.

Illegally?

Was the money taken into their country legally?

Seizing money being laundered into your country without declaration as your law states is illegal?

akinsadeez:

I never said it was my money, I said it is our money. The 15m$ belongs to Nigeria and Nigeria is an amorphous entity. We, the people are the ones who make up Nigeria. The money is therefore our money.

"Our" money?

How do you own part of the money?

How is the money yours or will be to your benefit?

Who told you Nigeria owns the money?

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by akinsadeez(m): 11:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
Sagamite:

Illegally?

Was the money taken into their country legally?

Seizing money being laundered into your country without declaration as your law states is illegal?

"Our" money?

How do you own part of the money?

How is the money yours or will be to your benefit?

Who told you Nigeria owns the money?

If the money was being laundered in their country, they would not have returned it to Nigeria. The Nigerian government insisted from day one that the money was legal and that the south Africans were being mischievous. The return of the money indicates and supports that notion. Ask yourself this, South Africa purportedly got a court order for them to seize the money; what happened to the court order and why has the money been returned if it is illegal laundered money.

The federal govt claimed ownership of the money right from the start. That means it is our money. It doesn't have to be of direct benefit to me cuz if the money is not returned we will all eventually bear the cost whether through the taxes we pay ur other ways.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 6:50am On Oct 28, 2014
akinsadeez:

If the money was being laundered in their country, they would not have returned it to Nigeria. The Nigerian government insisted from day one that the money was legal and that the south Africans were being mischievous. The return of the money indicates and supports that notion. Ask yourself this, South Africa purportedly got a court order for them to seize the money; what happened to the court order and why has the money been returned if it is illegal laundered money.

You are a fuuktard!

What kind of stewpid reasoning is this?

In Africa you are moronically saying that a country cannot return laundered money? ...............What a moronic assertion.

What moronic court order are you talking about? Where did you see a court order? You pulled that from your moronic arsse?

A matter that both government ensured did not go to court and decided to resolve "politically" between two thieves (Jonnadaft and "I took a shower to avoid AIDS" Zuma) after phone calls?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/well-return-nigerias-15m-soon-s-africa/

What 'day one' did Nigerian government declare the money was legal?

After they were caught with money in a suitcase and they scrambled 24 hours later to come up with "Oh, we wanted to buy arms"?

They want to "buy arms" and they had to pay in cash using a rented private jet without declaration to the country selling the arms?

You are such a fuuktard to believe such nonsense?

What is so secretive about buying (as they claim) helicopters from South Africa that they felt they needed to be so secretive and refuse to use a bank transfer?

The helicopters they sell in South Africa are advanced, modern, stealth ones that are so hush-hush our government could not declare the so-called "arms purchase" before they were caught with suitcases of money?

Helicopters are such a "secret" purchase that the government of Nigeria feel the need to ensure no one knows they are buying some?

They were 'flying cash' to pay more money to an arms seller that it is claimed was trying to refund them money they already paid because the dealer's license to sell arms had expired? How does that contradiction make sense in your dumb head?

The Nigerian government is "buying arms" through a private company based in Abuja?

akinsadeez:

The federal govt claimed ownership of the money right from the start. That means it is our money. It doesn't have to be of direct benefit to me cuz if the money is not returned we will all eventually bear the cost whether through the taxes we pay ur other ways.

Fuuktard, what money is yours?

What was seized was looted money going to the fuuktards that made you dumb. It was money that was being taken away from any system to benefit the people.

You were no more an owner or beneficiary of that money except you are some kind of male prrostitute they are going to pay later for his services if the looters are homosexuals.

That is corruption money meant for a life of luxury for the criminals running your country and their family and girlfriends.

They were using a private jet to launder money because there is such big time money laundering laws in the world at the moment that they would struggle to transfer it electronically. So what looters do now is to fly it as cash to countries (a) that they can spend it in, (b) which they feel would not have great checks and (c) which they know they can have influence in.

Apparently that is one of the good uses of the swams of private jets being purchased in Nigeria now.

Maybe from SA, they can now create a trail for the money by engaging in legal commercial transactions so they can legitimately transfer it to Switzerland, UK, USA and their other banking and playground destinations without breaking their anti-terrorist-inspired money laundering laws.

How can someone be this moronic! You are this stewpid and gullible.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by akinsadeez(m): 10:35am On Oct 28, 2014
Sagamite:

You are a fuuktard!

What kind of stewpid reasoning is this?

In Africa you are moronically saying that a country cannot return laundered money? ...............What a moronic assertion.

What moronic court order are you talking about? Where did you see a court order? You pulled that from your moronic arsse?

A matter that both government ensured did not go to court and decided to resolve "politically" between two thieves (Jonnadaft and "I took a shower to avoid AIDS" Zuma) after phone calls?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/well-return-nigerias-15m-soon-s-africa/

What 'day one' did Nigerian government declare the money was legal?

After they were caught with money in a suitcase and they scrambled 24 hours later to come up with "Oh, we wanted to buy arms"?

They want to "buy arms" and they had to pay in cash using a rented private jet without declaration to the country selling the arms?

You are such a fuuktard to believe such nonsense?

What is so secretive about buying (as they claim) helicopters from South Africa that they felt they needed to be so secretive and refuse to use a bank transfer?

The helicopters they sell in South Africa are advanced, modern, stealth ones that are so hush-hush our government could not declare the so-called "arms purchase" before they were caught with suitcases of money?

Helicopters are such a "secret" purchase that the government of Nigeria feel the need to ensure no one knows they are buying some?

They were 'flying cash' to pay more money to an arms seller that it is claimed was trying to refund them money they already paid because the dealer's license to sell arms had expired? How does that contradiction make sense in your dumb head?

The Nigerian government is "buying arms" through a private company based in Abuja?

Fuuktard, what money is yours?

What was seized was looted money going to the fuuktards that made you dumb. It was money that was being taken away from any system to benefit the people.

You were no more an owner or beneficiary of that money except you are some kind of male prrostitute they are going to pay later for his services if the looters are homosexuals.

That is corruption money meant for a life of luxury for the criminals running your country and their family and girlfriends.

They were using a private jet to launder money because there is such big time money laundering laws in the world at the moment that they would struggle to transfer it electronically. So what looters do now is to fly it as cash to countries (a) that they can spend it in, (b) which they feel would not have great checks and (c) which they know they can have influence in.

Apparently that is one of the good uses of the swams of private jets being purchased in Nigeria now.

Maybe from SA, they can now create a trail for the money by engaging in legal commercial transactions so they can legitimately transfer it to Switzerland, UK, USA and their other banking and playground destinations without breaking their anti-terrorist-inspired money laundering laws.

How can someone be this moronic! You are this stewpid and gullible.

Hehehehehehehegrin.

I really enjoyed reading your rantgrin. The problem with people like you is that you do shallow research and then hold onto your half-baked knowledge and try to pass it off as gems of wisdom.

Let me educate you a bit; if you seize money that you believe is illegal from someone under the money laundering act, you cant keep holding the money in perpetuity without a valid court order authorising you to keep the money.
It is akin to what is called holding charges in criminal prosecution. If for example you arrest someone under the suspicion that he has committed a crime, you cannot keep him detained for more than 48 hours without a court order authorizing such detention.
South Africa needed a court order to enable them hold on to the money and they duly got one. The fact that Nigeria did not declare the money remained mere allegations until they had a valid court order to detain the money.
If they didn't need court orders, it means that south africa can just declare anybody's money illegal at any time they wish and then keep the money at their pleasure.

You can confirm here; http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/5343-south-africa-may-get-to-keep-nigerias-93m-after-court-rules-it-was-transferred-illegally

So my friend, I did not pull the court order out of my arse. If only you had a little knowledge of the law and willingness to research you wouldnt even argue about the court order. Instead of reading more, you prefer to come and rant here further displaying your ignorancegrin

Again your knowledge of the facts of this case is just piss-poor. There is no contradiction because the transactions were not with the same company. The first transaction involving 9.3m$ was with a company called 'tier one services' and the second transaction involving $5.7m was with another company called ''cerebrus risk solutions ltd'' and it was this second company that had an expired license.
see here; http://lindaikeji..in/2014/10/south-africa-seizes-nigerias-57m-in.html?m=1

Honestly your level of ignorance about this case is simply staggering. No wonder you are arguing blindly. Bro go back and read!grin
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 11:46am On Oct 28, 2014
akinsadeez:

Hehehehehehehegrin.

I really enjoyed reading your rantgrin. The problem with people like you is that you do shallow research and then hold onto your half-baked knowledge and try to pass it off as gems of wisdom.

Let me educate you a bit; if you seize money that you believe is illegal from someone under the money laundering act, you cant keep holding the money in perpetuity without a valid court order authorising you to keep the money.
It is akin to what is called holding charges in criminal prosecution. If for example you arrest someone under the suspicion that he has committed a crime, you cannot keep him detained for more than 48 hours without a court order authorizing such detention.
South Africa needed a court order to enable them hold on to the money and they duly got one. The fact that Nigeria did not declare the money remained mere allegations until they had a valid court order to detain the money.
If they didn't need court orders, it means that south africa can just declare anybody's money illegal at any time they wish and then keep the money at their pleasure.

You can confirm here; http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/5343-south-africa-may-get-to-keep-nigerias-93m-after-court-rules-it-was-transferred-illegally

So my friend, I did not pull the court order out of my arse. If only you had a little knowledge of the law and willingness to research you wouldnt even argue about the court order. Instead of reading more, you prefer to come and rant here further displaying your ignorancegrin

You are a moronic fuuktard!

Who said I did not know you need a court order to seize the money?

What I pointed out in you moronic logic was you allusion that "the fact the money was released is evidence (in your fuuktard mind) that the money was legally being transported/transferred and not being laundered", you fuuktard!

This is despite the fact that a court in SA justified the seizure as shown in the link even your dumb arsse produced.

The fact the money was released is not evidence a crime was not taking place was my point. If the state officials refrain from prosecuting or acting, then there is not much a court can do except a third party sues, you fuuktard.

The SA government helped the looters destroying your life and ensuring your education is so poor you become reetarded, by deciding to settle it "politically".

Are you still laughing, FUUKTARD?

akinsadeez:

Again your knowledge of the facts of this case is just piss-poor. There is no contradiction because the transactions were not with the same company. The first transaction involving 9.3m$ was with a company called 'tier one services' and the second transaction involving $5.7m was with another company called ''cerebrus risk solutions ltd'' and it was this second company that had an expired license.
see here; http://lindaikeji..in/2014/10/south-africa-seizes-nigerias-57m-in.html?m=1

Honestly your level of ignorance about this case is simply staggering. No wonder you are arguing blindly. Bro go back and read!grin

Fuuktard, and that makes you believe them?

Explain to us what the fck they are buying from SA that demanded that much secrecy where they broke public procurement rules and had to fly money in a rented private jet in cash to pay, fuuktard?

Do you know how much it costs to transfer money through private jet in comparison to electronic transfer?

And your moronic arsse came here to say it was legal and it is "our" money?

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by akinsadeez(m): 1:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
Sagamite:

Who said I did not know you need a court order to seize the money?

Hehehehe. just admit it bro. You never knew about the court order. That's why you asked me what court order, said I pulled it out of my Arsse then insisted that both governments did not allow the matter to go to court as if you can seize that kinda money without getting the court involved. see below grin

Sagamite:

Now on to the main point:

Sagamite:

Fuuktard, and that makes you believe them?
Explain to us what the fck they are buying from SA that demanded that much secrecy where they broke public procurement rules and had to fly money in a rented private jet in cash to pay, fuuktard?
Do you know how much it costs to transfer money through private jet in comparison to electronic transfer?
And your moronic arsse came here to say it was legal and it is "our" money?

Again let me educate you, my friend. The first transaction involving $9.7m was flown in using a private jet. There is no law against flying money by plane into southafriça. You only have to declare the money to their airport authorities. Whether flying money by plane is expensive or not is our own damn business. We can choose to conduct transactions and pay in any manner we deem fit. That doesn't make it illegal.

Now the second transaction involving $5.3m was done electronically. The money was paid to cerebrus risk solutions ltd, a recognized south African arms company which was in the process of renewing its license. When the renewal process wasn't completed on time they attempted to send the money back to Nigeria electronically. Again the south african authorities flagged the money, got a court order and detained it. I am sure you did not even know the facts I have stated above.
you have been ranting about how we flew money in cash to pay. The following questions arise from the second scenario;

1) If they are saying we should have conducted our transactions electronically, why did they flag the second transaction that was done electronically?

2) Why did the south african authorities not flag n detain the money when it was being sent from Nigeria initially? Why did they only flag the money when the company attempted sending it back to us?

3)What basis did they have for flagging the money when the company was a recognized arms dealing co. in south africa and relevant invoices were tendered to show that the money was indeed for arms purchase? In fact the invoice for the second purchase was signed by our NSA. (you can google and confirm)

Sagamite, the problem you have is that you don't think deeply and consider issues from all angles. You are a superficial thinker.
I'll admit that those who did not declare the money in the first transaction were wrong but the Nigerian govt immediately claimed ownership of the money, got in touch with the south africans and showed them relevant documents. yet they went to court and got an order to detain the money(an order in default since there is no evidence that Nigeria was represented in the court). Again in the second case they acted with impunity.

When the south African government realized the illegality of their actions in both cases as I have explained above, they had no choice but to return our money despite the subsisting court order that they had
It is evident that south Africa were just being deliberately mischievous in this whole issue and apparently they were able to fool people like yougrin
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by jmslimx(m): 2:48am On Jan 30, 2015
Bros e don tay wey yansh dey for back

jaytee01:
Have YOU done any arms deals before?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Lyon Kicks Off His Campaign At Ogbia LGA, Bayelsa (Pictures) / Shehu Sani Faults Buhari's Request To Relocate AFRICOM Hqs To Africa / Incorporate Our Interest Or Lose Bloc Votes – Herdsmen To Atiku, Tinubu, Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.