Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

We’ve Returned Nigeria’s $15 Million —south Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ve Returned Nigeria’s $15 Million —south Africa (455 Views)

Akpabio: I Returned From The Land Of The Dead, PMB Called Me While In Hospital / South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government / ‎See The Words of Femi Gbajabiamila that Returned to Hunt Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ve Returned Nigeria’s $15 Million —south Africa by nikky5(m): 1:17am On Oct 25, 2014
SOUTH African Ambassador to Nigeria, Lulu Louis Mnguni, said on Friday that Nigeria has received the $15 million seized by the South African authorities in connection with two arms deals.

According to an online news medium, The Cable, Mnguni also reacted to the building collapse at the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) in Lagos and its effect on the relationship between the two countries, saying they had come a long way and the collapse could only make them closer and stronger.

“South Africa’s relations with Nigeria comes a long way, so, now, this will actually make us much closer, to see how we can close some of these gaps that result in such accidents,” Mnguni said.

The ambassador added that the seizure of the funds by the South African government was in no way related to the Synagogue incident.

“South Africa’s relations with Nigeria is priceless, it cannot be sold for $15 million. These are two separate incidents and, of course, the issue of the money has already been sorted out. Nigeria has been given the money,” Mnguni added.

On September 5, South African authorities seized $9.3 million cash belonging to the Nigerian government before seizing another $5.7 million about one month later, claiming both funds were to be used for illegal purchase of arms.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/19616-we-ve-returned-nigeria-s-15-million-south-africa
Re: We’ve Returned Nigeria’s $15 Million —south Africa by Andibot(m): 1:50am On Oct 25, 2014
At least u knew all dis Den y did U delay returning d money and claiming it was fraudulent?
Re: We’ve Returned Nigeria’s $15 Million —south Africa by hardywaltz(m): 1:54am On Oct 25, 2014
It must have been re-squandered by now. I know my Niaja peeps.
Re: We’ve Returned Nigeria’s $15 Million —south Africa by cjrane: 2:00am On Oct 25, 2014
Chai more frustrations for the Janja-weeds grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: We’ve Returned Nigeria’s $15 Million —south Africa by manutdadex(m): 2:03am On Oct 25, 2014
return abi supply us weapons!! Una jst dey dribble go back like mikel! God save una!!
Re: We’ve Returned Nigeria’s $15 Million —south Africa by TeamSimple(m): 3:04am On Oct 25, 2014
Another ready made cash for re-election don show..someone till 2015.
Re: We’ve Returned Nigeria’s $15 Million —south Africa by otipoju(m): 3:55am On Oct 25, 2014
If only Nigerians know how endowed we are. Indeed we have the potential to be the greatest country on earth. Ive met with people of many nations. They bow to me and not me to them. I am a Nigerian when I talk they listen. .. The Nigerian is spirit is unique.
Re: We’ve Returned Nigeria’s $15 Million —south Africa by yousee(m): 6:17am On Oct 25, 2014
So, na the Reps attack on DSTV monopoly make SA return our money sharp sharp?

(1) (Reply)

Jobs Opening During Election Season / Hold Jonathan, Others Responsible For Rot In Power Sector, Obasanjo Tells Nigeri / Perfect Definition Of Capitalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.