Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Mythbursters: Did Buhari Plan The 1983 Coup That Toppled President Shagari? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mythbursters: Did Buhari Plan The 1983 Coup That Toppled President Shagari? (1543 Views)

1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled / Buhari 'Not Sorry' For 1983 Coup: Does Corruption Justify Military Action? / Details Of The Unfortunate Coup That Ousted Buhari (Aug 1985) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mythbursters: Did Buhari Plan The 1983 Coup That Toppled President Shagari? by tit(f): 6:12am On Oct 25, 2014
I have heard that General Mohammadu Ramat Buhari, GOC Nigerian 3 division Jos, was drinking fura de nono one cool night when evil spirit IBB burst into his living room and told him that they have taken the coup and he should come and become Head of State as he is the only man with the insight and integrity to led Nigeria!

Please my people, is it true?
That evil spirit IBB, Abacha, Ogbeha, should shoot their way into Akinola Aguda house, risking their lives and back-stabbing the co-conspirator Ibrahim Bako on the way, and they take the crown to Buhari, who was milking his 200 cows in Daura!

I have also heard he was drinking tea that fateful midnight when the signal arrived, that he had been made Head of State.
The evil spirit himself told me Buhari was romancing his amariya, oblivous of the concerns of the people of the world when the signal arrived.
And as a gallant soldier who had been called to duty, the lanky general jumped off the duri, and went to answer the national service.

is it true?

4 Likes

Re: Mythbursters: Did Buhari Plan The 1983 Coup That Toppled President Shagari? by mperoakeem(m): 7:07am On Oct 25, 2014
tank God say na 'i hear'... I wan ask u ur source.
Re: Mythbursters: Did Buhari Plan The 1983 Coup That Toppled President Shagari? by hushmail: 7:18am On Oct 25, 2014
simply story for the gods

only the gullible will believe that

the man seriously masterminded the coup and thats why he was rewarded as the head of state

and as head of state, he wanted to chop alone, thats why IBB and co removed him

what goes round, comes around

3 Likes

Re: Mythbursters: Did Buhari Plan The 1983 Coup That Toppled President Shagari? by major466(m): 9:36am On Oct 25, 2014
Gen Buhari new about the 1983 coup. Infact he was part of those who organized it. Why do you think there's so much bitterness between him and IBB? Buhari organized the coup through his cronies to appear innocent in the eyes of the public.

2 Likes

Re: Mythbursters: Did Buhari Plan The 1983 Coup That Toppled President Shagari? by tit(f): 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2014
major466:
Gen Buhari new about the 1983 coup. Infact he was part of those who organized it. Why do you think there's so much bitterness between him and IBB? Buhari organized the coup through his cronies to appear innocent in the eyes of the public.

Hmmmm!
Do you know what?
You know he had been head of the NNPC,
so he had smelt fresh minted dollars!
And once that smell gets into your head
You are finished.

I heard that was one big reason for him to come back to power,
Instead of to stay in the bush and be playing boys scouts with Tchadian gendarmnes.

The boy wanted the luxury
Of dining and eating at Shell Club!
Ha!

2 Likes

Re: Mythbursters: Did Buhari Plan The 1983 Coup That Toppled President Shagari? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
story story story!!!! if you beelive this,you will beleive anything

1 Like

Re: Mythbursters: Did Buhari Plan The 1983 Coup That Toppled President Shagari? by tit(f): 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2014
chukwudi44:
story story story!!!! if you beelive this,you will beleive anything

what are you saying?
Bigot!
general Buhari is a pure military man.

1 Like

Re: Mythbursters: Did Buhari Plan The 1983 Coup That Toppled President Shagari? by tit(f): 1:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
This is another rumors:

Under Alhaji Shehu Shagari, the Chadian gendarmes invaded Borno State, and the government ordered the deployment of troops from the 3rd Armoured Division of the Nigerian Army to the borders in the North East. This action did not last long as smugglers in the Shagari's government mounted pressure on him to order the withdrawal of the troops, because the presence of the soldiers was preventing them from their smuggling.
Alhaji Shehu Shagari ordered the withdrawal of the troops but the General Officer Commanding the 3rd Armoured Division of the Nigerian Army, based in Jos knew it was not a wise decision to take, he declined until he was ordered by the Chief of Army Staff, then General Wushishi, the GOC reluctantly withdrew his men and that marked the beginning of the end of Alhaji Shehu Shagari's government. This man was General Muhammadu Buhari.
The support of all officers was needed and this group led by Buhari set out to get as many people as they could to their side. There was a man they needed and someone was sent to him. Domkat Bali was the man and the man who went to discuss the coup possibility was Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida. Bali had told Babangida to still give the politicians time to sort themselves out; but after the 1983 election, Buhari met with Bali on the latter's way to Langtang, he raised the issue of the coup again, it was then it became clear to Bali that Babangida was just delivering message, Bali of course consented and few days later, they struck.
Re: Mythbursters: Did Buhari Plan The 1983 Coup That Toppled President Shagari? by tit(f): 4:31am On Nov 04, 2014
Buhari is a very peaceful guy.
He does not like bloodshed.
infacti, Buhari is peace!

if you do not agree, i shall behead you.

2 Likes

Re: Mythbursters: Did Buhari Plan The 1983 Coup That Toppled President Shagari? by talktimi(m): 5:08am On Nov 04, 2014
Which kain half baked concoction be dat ? How can you benefit such an exalted position as head of state in the military if you didn't actively take part one way or another in a coup
Re: Mythbursters: Did Buhari Plan The 1983 Coup That Toppled President Shagari? by Frankestein08(m): 4:29pm On Nov 06, 2014
tit:
Buhari is a very peaceful guy.
He does not like bloodshed.
infacti, Buhari is peace!

if you do not agree, i shall behead you.

Now that's really peaceful undecided

(1) (Reply)

ISIS Leader Hit Hard After American Airstirke Drops Bomb On Militant Chiefs / Confusion In Rivers PDP Over Wike, Others  / Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.