Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,960 members, 7,821,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? (56970 Views)

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning / Brake Failure While Driving: What Should Drivers Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by itspecunious(m): 10:45am On Oct 29, 2014
grin grin... Run as if you just come out from the hand if the ritualist...... The more you wait the more the flame of the tyres moves closer to you
Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by benefitzte: 10:51am On Oct 29, 2014
In Okene kogi state, pls whatsoever thou 'hitted' pls again, make it a hit and run. You can report yourself at d nearest army check point outside Okene because na only army Okene ppl fear. Funny thing is even if its a roaming animal you may end up being lynched or made to part with a large sum of money.

I pray u don't experience this BUT if it happen...follow my advice then come back and thank me later
Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by Aiykegenihus: 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
grin ;DLmao...Badt men full here.
The wisest thing to do is; come down immediately with all exingency,whether dead or alive to even care to knw,dt is if d hitting bad.jus open yur rear door b4 rushing to the victim,then carry d person inside,I repeat,don't try checking if d victim is alive.Sped off to the hospital wt one or two onlookers. Not a tested one just my humble recommendation
Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by Ama28(f): 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2014
There is this crazy thing bus drivers and conductors do in ph. When they have problem with police and they can't beg their way out, they try to commit suicide by running into cars so they can be pitied. I was driving along the airport road to rumuokoro. Just in front of the rumuodomanya police station I saw this little crowd. It wasn't peeak hour so the road was so clear. I was on speed and this guy ran into my car. He lay on thee tarred and I was just a little distance away. I stepped on my break pedal but I knew I was damn late! My left is the crowd he ran out from and my right is the road divider. I faced my right and I knew one of my tires must get him. I screamed alongside everyother person but God willing my tire stopped right on his body! Thank God I didn't climb him. The police beat his blue black. I was just saved by Grace from God

2 Likes

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by peedeeasobie(m): 3:37pm On Oct 29, 2014
colossus2:

You get sense at all? Abi you smoke rafia mat?

If your mind tells you to run then run.
If your mind tells you to get to the station then go.

What don't you understand there?
Quote me and say rubbish again that your 3-megabyte brain can't process undecided

You are still repeating this!
"Do what your mind tells you" is not an answer!

You can go all abusive on me but that doesn't change anything. It shows your immaturity.

3 Likes

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by coronaprof(m): 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
May the good lord not allow us to experience such
Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by colossus2: 7:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
drlawizle:

Is ds d collosus I know?
Hello sire.
Sorry I don't know ya.
Which colossus do you know sir? smiley
Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by joinnow: 8:00pm On Oct 29, 2014
one happen last year or so.
The car driver mistakely kill the okada man. He rush to Police station to report and while there the hausa relative of the dead okada man came to the police station while there he was asking when is responsible for the dead of his brother the police showed him the man that killed his brother unknowing to the police the Aboki has a poison daga with him at once stab the man and he died too.
Lesson learnt :As for me depending on th circumstance run first and return later when the situation is calm. but is its only you and the decease then stop take the dead to mortuary and the contact his relative.
Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by colossus2: 8:09pm On Oct 29, 2014
peedeeasobie:

You are still repeating this!
"Do what your mind tells you" is not an answer!

You can go all abusive on me but that doesn't change anything. It shows your immaturity.
Please are you alright?
A mechanic needs to examine your head cos e be like nut don fall comot.
Let me be and fvck off with your maturity undecided
Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by Dconnoisssseur(m): 9:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
2legit2qwt:

WOW! Dude! I'm speechless.. You encourage him to leave the victim/s even if there was the possibility of him saving someone. Then you talk about bribing your way out of the situation and then "move on with life" undecided That's why the country is fuked up
no u re not speechless!
Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
colossus2:

Hello sire.
Sorry I don't know ya.
Which colossus do you know sir? smiley

My bad, never mind bro..you cant know him
Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by colossus2: 1:33am On Oct 30, 2014
drlawizle:

My bad, never mind bro..you cant know him
Aiit
Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 30, 2014
I'll do whatever comes to mind at that point and bear the consequence later. Never pray to be in such situation Mehn, it is frightening thinking about the acts that may follow such a scene. embarassed
Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by Easydre: 9:41am On Oct 30, 2014
armadeo:

U haven't seen anything yet. Before I even start my car I have pressed the horn.

Even when the car is parked I press the horn. Many mad people or people who have been killed by witches from their village are roaming the streets looking for who to physically complete the act.

I even get spare horn for booth that I can change myself.

On horn free day in Lagos I disconnected my horn in the morning but had to park and reconnect it.

I even use it to replay the beats of the song I am jamming on my CD.

I love my horn. grin grin

you won't kill me with laugh. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by savanto: 10:08am On Oct 30, 2014
PTAwal:

Ofcorse you will run and leave your car for them burn to ashes. If you are driving Ferrari, Range Sport,porsch or X6, even Venza. Believe me you won't leave the car for them.

Hmmmn! The mindset of a ''poor man' is truly cancerous! There is really nothing 'so' special about the aforementioned cars...trust me. Your life is more important. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by ephi123(f): 3:42pm On Oct 30, 2014
airsaylongcon:
This thread really strikes a nerve as I lost my mum last month from a hit-and-wait driver. Turned out she survived for a whole hour with a massive head injury. The problem with attempting to rescue is that most Nigerians lack basic first aid knowledge and end up worsening an already bad situation in a bid to help d vic.

In my case, the driver turned himself in. The police never let me see him though. They (the popo) were talking about doing a coroner's inquest and stuff but my mum was in such bad shape that further balkanisation of her remains would have been unbearably painful. To end the police case, they made me swear and affidavit that I was withdrawing the case against d driver. Swearing that affidavit nobi beans cos all d court registrars in yenagoa just didn't wanna sign. Ended up costing 15k. At the end of the whole process they didn't even let me see my mum's killer. They eventually followed me to fmc yenagoa to have my mum's remains released to me (with enough thank u money).

I don't know if I can ever forget the driver's name or his act. But I've forgiven him. Moving on is hard but move on I must.

I didn't even know the killer paid for the burial. I didn't ask or get a penny from him but I'm sure the police would have collected a large sum from him cos dat DCO eye no clean.

Buried her in tears and in honour but d pain is still very raw

This is so sad, and I can imagine your pain. I really pray for God's comfort for you and your siblings. May her soul rest in peace.
I also pray that you would live long to see your own kids grow very old. Amen
Pele
Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by itspecunious(m): 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2014
Hmnmmmmmm

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by tck2000(m): 11:21am On Jun 07, 2019
Educative

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class / Man Crushed To Death This Afternoon In Benin City (viewers Discretion Advised) / You'll Never Forget To Use Your Seatbelt Even In The Back Seat After Seeing This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.