Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. (34858 Views)

Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 / PHOTOS: See What They Did To An Ambrose Ali University Graduate / Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
Harbioollah:
Even as a University student, i believe you have no point. They may not have the professors that we have but i believe they are well equipped practically.

Call a 500L university student and a first year polytechnic student to castrate a cow or perform artificial insemination and see who performs better.

Please, I don't understand you...

You mean a 500 level medical or vet. Medical student is not good in practical?

.. A first year poly student only knows about organic chemistry and physics plus little biology....
My college is very close to one poly in Kwara state... I have lots of peeps from sch... Sometimes I wonder how some pple got admitted..

During my first year in sch, we practised on albino rats... The second year, we started using cadaver...

Do you think poly students have access to somethings I have seen? Especially cadaver?...

PS: Am no down-grading poly students here. Atleast, I've seen alots of intelligent ones.... I think they only need to upgrade somethings about them especially their mode of entry...
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
Some polytechnic students have never been privileged to be taught by a professor....
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Abbey2sam(m): 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2014
Zico0:
Let's not fool anyone, the OP is right. No young student ever plans to attend a polytechnic in Nigeria. There is a scramble for university and so the two major criteria are brain or money, therefore, the less intelligent ones are shoved aside and shared between polys. and the NCE.
So if your in a polytechnic your not intelligent enough, although you might be very brilliant: Find wisdom.

My point: students in the university schooling are more intelligent that ones undertaking the polytechnic education in general.

A polytechnic is less structured, organised and funded than a university, as anything may go in a polytechnic. After all if your so intelligent why aren't you in a university.
Btw, i attended a polytechnic for two years before i upgraded.

your a$$ must be jealous of your mouth cuz of the shiitt dropping from it

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Holluboy(m): 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2014
I have one first class Polythenic graduate in mechanical engineering in my department,dunno how,he's indeed brilliant,but he's had 3 carryover courses now...how do you explain that?
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by sevantex(m): 7:58pm On Oct 25, 2014
donvidar:
Even at that, Most employers now prefer those with HND and ND to those with degree because they believe the poly graduate will deliver almost same thing with his uni counterpart and his pay will b on the average
....,As much as I avoid d comparism ish knowin fully well that everyone has potentials irrespective of schl attended..,Employers prefer Hnd/Nd mostly cos dy wanna pay peanuts!!!..,Ur diploma is their excuse for d crap pay b4 tinkin of "delivery" since. Both bsc/hnd wuld stil be trained..,
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
sevantex:
....,As much as I avoid d comparism ish knowin fully well that everyone has potentials irrespective of schl attended..,Employers prefer Hnd/Nd mostly cos dy wanna pay peanuts!!!..,Ur diploma is their excuse for d crap pay b4 tinkin of "delivery" since. Both bsc/hnd wuld stil be trained..,

That is exactly wat am saying, pay them peanuts then train them on how to deliver same service as their uni counterpart
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
adexsimply:

Fallacy cool

U think so
Make a research on most of the private firms that their take home aint enuf to take one home then u will grab...
Mind you,am not saying all the firms that don't pay well o.
Most of dem will be like,if I should pay you #50k, how much would you have asked as pay if u were to be a degree holder.
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by ChiSun27(m): 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
QSheba:
There is Discrimination even in the
Polytechnics.I dont get this point

I am a Poly student...he is right with the above. In terms of promotion among the lecturers....discrimination occurs. The lecturers says it often.

But then, outside this...the rest points are outdated now.
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by chrisdoller(m): 9:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
HALLofFAME:
All dis polytechnic graduate are notin but GLORIFIED ARTISANS....who were trained 2 take DIRECTIVE and to SERVE d university graduate because dia brains are 2 shallow 2 think deep ,dats why dia jamb score is low and dia WAEC RE QUIREMENT is 2 and half credit hahaha.......They claim dey know practical ,but who developed d scientific idea dat lead 2 dat practical ?.....Where i work d Science / Engineering poly graduate are called technicians / technologist ..Why d university graduate are called Engineers and Scientist with salary relativity......Pls poly graduate know ur place and boundaries...If u feel unfulfilled go and buy direct entry form and get ur self a proper education shikena and stop beefing......Mtcheew degree holders wannabe via shortcut
I will like to knw ur discipline before I talk to u and ask u one very simple question.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by ezeigbo194(m): 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
HALLofFAME:
All dis polytechnic graduate are notin but GLORIFIED ARTISANS....who were trained 2 take DIRECTIVE and to SERVE d university graduate because dia brains are 2 shallow 2 think deep ,dats why dia jamb score is low and dia WAEC RE QUIREMENT is 2 and half credit hahaha.......They claim dey know practical ,but who developed d scientific idea dat lead 2 dat practical ?.....Where i work d Science / Engineering poly graduate are called technicians / technologist ..Why d university graduate are called Engineers and Scientist with salary relativity......Pls poly graduate know ur place and boundaries...If u feel unfulfilled go and buy direct entry form and get ur self a proper education shikena and stop beefing......Mtcheew degree holders wannabe via shortcut

life is a race if u decide to run fine if u decide to walk fine Bt the fact still remain dat we will get to the finish line

dumb Ass

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by tjones007: 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
Have seen dullards in the universities. The same way have seen dullards in the polytechnic.

Remember all this boils down to the student in question. The student motivation towards learning, passion and knack for learning skill and upgrading of skills as well.

Nigerian Education to be candid is bleeped up. Last time I checked the world ranking. We are not among 1 - 4000.
Inadequate laboratories in both universities and polytechnic.
Even the syllabus are old compared to advanced countries universities

If a student is successful today it boils down to his hardwork, passion.

Show me a man good in his skill. He shall serve before kings.

And some folks up there saying unintelligent student reside in poly. Remember how untransparent admission in university are these days. Leverage counts as well.

Some poly student got above 200 but are in polytechnic due to circumstances.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by tosyne2much(m): 11:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
tjones007:
Have seen dullards in the universities. The same way have seen dullards in the polytechnic.

Remember all this boils down to the student in question. The student motivation towards learning, passion and knack for learning skill and upgrading of skills as well.

Nigerian Education to be candid is bleeped up. Last time I checked the world ranking. We are not among 1 - 4000.
Inadequate laboratories in both universities and polytechnic.
Even the syllabus are old compared to advanced countries universities

If a student is successful today it boils down to his hardwork, passion.

Show me a man good in his skill. He shall serve before kings.

And some folks up there saying unintelligent student reside in poly. Remember how untransparent admission in university are these days. Leverage counts as well.

Some poly student got above 200 but are in polytechnic due to circumstances.
the bolded... you are a wise man
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by tjones007: 11:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
tosyne2much:
the bolded... you are a wise man

Thanks man. Its high time we should know getting a degree is not the key to being successful.

I guess we all know that.
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by nairalife2013(m): 12:05am On Oct 26, 2014
I hav always considered polys as a place for artisans. U go there to learn a trade, like an apprentice in a hairdressing saloon, or like an acolyte in a soothsayer's cave. U don't STUDY there.u LEARN how to use yur hands to survive, and u get a leedle sabiticate grin I mean sabi ticket!
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Champion01(m): 2:04am On Oct 26, 2014
fineyemi:
u ar crazy 4 wat u just said.
Dats anoda reason why u're a poly student. Low IQ.
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Champion01(m): 2:08am On Oct 26, 2014
crownbryan:
Base less argument keep eroding nigerian precious time to invest in more lucrative discussion. I wonder how many of the people condemn polytechnic have actually been to one as they claimed, you all know next to nothing, experiencing a situation is different from hearsay. Life seems to be more complex than your shallow minds.

I am a poly undergraduate, proud to be one, had my IT in one of the best financial institution in Nigeria and I earn what I now use to further now.

Although, I didn't enter poly by choice, but circumstance pushed me there, I am far from being an average student and even with you bsc I bet you can't stand a chance amidst my clique.

Don't feel intimidated, those list are list of a shallow mind. Come to Moshood Abiola Polytechnic and I assure you that you will find lecturers with doctorate degree (Phd) and the ones that have been saddle to acquire theirs, also, the rector is a professor and not the only professor in the school.

Most successful professor today, including the ones I have been opportune to work with, claimed Polytechnic education laid the foundation for what they are.

I rarely comment on post, because am more engage in more lucrative activities than the ops, things like this don't catch my attention, but I realised that a lot of people claiming to know what transpires in polytechnic knows next to nothing, besides, they claim to have been there, is either they are never there or can't excel there and advice to redraw.

The last time I checked, I offer more difficult courses than my uni counterpart, well organised exams including CBT, and far higher school fee with a wide range of books (written by the polytechnic lecturers) to read from and acquire world class knowledge.

Ops, no offence, but I most conclude that you know next to nothing, do a proper research and if possible, experience a polytechnic education.

I wonder what the noise is all about? Leave everyone to chose what he/she thinks is best, I am responsible for my actions dear

Thanks
Where did dey achieve dat professor/doctorate degree? In poly? Mtcheewww
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Champion01(m): 2:12am On Oct 26, 2014
GetUmad:

Bro God bless you for this. I also went to both Polytechnic and University and I can categorically tell you the practical they lay claim to is nothing but a hoax. I can't see anything special or so spectacular about the so called practicals we did in Polytechnic. When i got to Uni, i could remember raising this same issue with some other Polytechnic products but different institutions who also shared same view. Polytechnic education would have been what's originally intended for, but for lack of funding. Majority of their laboratories are ill-equipped with old Lab attendants who have failed to update themselves to the new generational syllabi and techniques. I was still in one of the polytechnics we have in d country few days ago. Believe me its an eyesore.
I know most Nigerians don't like TRUTH but DECEIT and anyone that speaks the truth is their enemy. Lets stop deceiving ourselves for once.
na so bro.
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Champion01(m): 2:15am On Oct 26, 2014
cupidhero:

where did you school?
Osun state Poly.
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Champion01(m): 2:17am On Oct 26, 2014
rattlesnake:
I know many polytechnic graduates that can pay Ur children school fees for the next 20years undecided
Keep lying.
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by zieraw2005(m): 2:53am On Oct 26, 2014
Sorry i am not here to fight anybody
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by blym4real: 3:14am On Oct 26, 2014
Asamu07:
Some polytechnic students have never been privileged to be taught by a professor....
you are funny sir.
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by azidomedogo: 7:26am On Oct 26, 2014
Only an undergraduate will open a thread like this.And children who are still in 100-500l or less than 25years will begin to post what they have little or no idea abt.When the reality of life dawns on you then you will understand that they are thousands of university and polytechnic graduates who are jobless.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Kennyinusa(m): 7:49am On Oct 26, 2014
Emmyboscojnr:
j1- Jamb Cut-Off Marks on entry into a Polytechnic is Lower than that of a University.
2- University Graduates are the Lecturers in a Polytechnic.
3- The Curriculum in a Polytechnic and a University is totally different.
4- Polytechnic Graduates Can never attain the Level of a Professor.
5- Polytechnic Graduates Must have to Undergo another 2 Years in the University to get a Degree and be Really Relevant.
6- There is Discrimination even in the Polytechnics.
7- Polytechnic are not Upto standard in terms of Infrastructure, Curriculum and standard Lectures wit P.hd, Profs and the Likes.
8- Requirements to enter the Polytechnics and University Varies even in terms of S.S.C.E
9- Polytechnic graduates cannot get some political and F.G appointments like Directors, Perm. Sec.. Etc.
10- Wats the Point of going to a Polytechnic to Study courses like History, Public Admin, Law. Etc, where wil yu work?!
j1- Jamb Cut-Off Marks on entry into a Polytechnic is Lower than that of a University.
5- Polytechnic Graduates Must have to Undergo another 2 Years in the University to get a Degree and be Really Relevant.
7- Polytechnic are not Upto standard in terms of Infrastructure, Curriculum and standard Lectures wit P.hd, Profs and the Likes.
8- Requirements to enter the Polytechnics and University Varies even in terms of S.S.C.E
9- Polytechnic graduates cannot get some political and F.G appointments like Directors, Perm. Sec.. Etc.
10- Wats the Point of going to a Polytechnic to Study courses like History, Public Admin, Law. Etc, where wil yu work?!

With what u wrote on number 4 I really do not think that you know what you are saying.
#JustSayinh
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by TFLAME(m): 8:48am On Oct 26, 2014
Hmmm poly is wack shey ?? And the students aint intelligent.. Some uni students and their under 2.5 GP shaa ..

Last bullet :- well, I only need to make enough money , build my company and employ the OP as my messenger .. Don't worry the pay will be good smiley

Mmmm.. its nairaland , don't take things personal

Student of poly and proud

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by deebsman1(m): 9:24am On Oct 26, 2014
Odilafta:
Such a silly Op
he might still be struggling to make his O'level results.

School na school.
Stop making people who school in poly's to start feeling inadequate.

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by deebsman1(m): 9:25am On Oct 26, 2014
Odilafta:
Such a silly Op
he might still be struggling to make his O'level results.

School na school.
Stop making people who school in poly's to start feeling inadequate.

Of course, they r
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 26, 2014
tosyne2much:
I must say that this post shows how jobless you are. I don't think a working class person who has been working all day and tired as a result of fatigue would have time posting this trash

If I may ask, why ranting against polytechnic education? With your so called Bsc, where did you park your private jet? What height have you attained in your life ? Which of the latest Ranger Rover Sport are you able to afford? How have you influenced the less privileged ones in your society? Can the people in your society look straight to you and say, " if not for you"

I have a friend who's not so educated,
I so much envy that dude, he's very very creative and doing fine in his business. People are busy striving to meet their daily needs and that of their siblings, some people are busy claiming superiority

OP you better start doing something meaningful with your life and start seeing your Bsc as a bo.nus because the adoration and appraisal of your Bsc is the beginning of the joblessness and poverty and if you think your Bsc is an automatic passport to winning the race of life, why not continue and stop giving yourself unnecessary worry

Gbam! The Op and his cohorts are just a bunch of insecure broke bottom clowns. Comic relief I'd call this.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by 2old4that(m): 9:42am On Oct 26, 2014
Asamu07:

What a post. So does one not being taught by a professor or whatnot , makes one less important in the society? Baseless.

Bulk of the people who come on TVs everyday proffering solutions to Nigeria's problems are uni graduates. Hence they av been theoretically taught how to talk, talk n talk without putting it into practice.

Its not surprising the level our country has attain since time immemorial. Pretty soon we will be talking about having separate Church n Mosque for HND n Bsc.

Nonsense.
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by deebsman1(m): 9:42am On Oct 26, 2014
I think what d govt shld do is to upgrade d polytechnics to university status as was done in d UK in d early 90's, this will stop d discrimination ish 1ce nd 4all.
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Sepp360(m): 10:16am On Oct 26, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
I have attend both but in life your output determines your level of success in life, forget certificate I have seen polytechnic graduates performing better than their university mates. Education is to enrich our knowledge and certificate is an evidence of your time and performance in school, the day we start thinking beyond certificate unemployment will reduce because we will invest our time into productive things rather comparing certificates
1000Likes from me to you.

Honestly speaking, i don't see any sense in this certificate dichotomy, whats the essence of demeaning polythechnic students and their hard earned certificate? Why make them look inferior?... If polythechnic is as inferior and useless as most of you guys think, why are they still functioning effectively?
You claim superiority because you're a university graduate, yet you've been unemployed for decades, while the hnd holder is busy earning a living.

Maturity and common sense is all we need to curb this silly mentality. It's much better to go to a polythechnic than not go to school at all.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Xynthialuvy(f): 10:47am On Oct 26, 2014
HALLofFAME:
All dis polytechnic graduate are notin but GLORIFIED ARTISANS....who were trained 2 take DIRECTIVE and to SERVE d university graduate because dia brains are 2 shallow 2 think deep ,dats why dia jamb scores are very low and dia WAEC. REQUIREMENT is jst 2 and half credit hahaha.......They claim dey know practical ,but who developed d scientific / technological ideas and processes dat lead 2 dat practical ?.....Where i work d Science / Engineering poly graduate are called technicians / technologist ..Why d university graduate are called Engineers and Scientist with salary relativity......Pls poly graduate know ur place and boundaries...If u feel unfulfilled go and buy Jamb direct entry form and get ur self a proper education shikena and stop beefing......Mtcheew degree holders wannabe via shortcut

M sorry to quote U. Bt dts too harsh.
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by dayosaurus(m): 11:00am On Oct 26, 2014
Are you Fucking kidding me??.. your ignorance has reached unimaginable heights.

For the past four years the best graduating students in electrical engineering (unilag) were from yabatech, my friend in yabatech is currently in lag with a cgpa of 4.98, I myself scored 289 in jamb the year I got admission to yct and assisted professor Mowete of lag in a recent project of his.

The fact that you attended a substandard polytechnic does not mean poly students are all dumb bleeps. Most of us attended cos we were either too young, we're not offered the right courses in a university or desired to do it the hard way :- undecided

angry
Zico0:
Let's not fool anyone, the OP is right. No young student ever plans to attend a polytechnic in Nigeria. There is a scramble for university and so the two major criteria are brain or money, therefore, the less intelligent ones are shoved aside and shared between polys. and the NCE.
So if your in a polytechnic your not intelligent enough, although you might be very brilliant: Find wisdom.

My point: students in the university schooling are more intelligent that ones undertaking the polytechnic education in general.

A polytechnic is less structured, organised and funded than a university, as anything may go in a polytechnic. After all if your so intelligent why aren't you in a university.
Btw, i attended a polytechnic for two years before i upgraded.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can A Guy Get A Girl In IMSU? IMSU Babes Answer (Video) / A Singer On Stage Stopped By Babcock Staff For 'Indecent' Outfit (Video) / Nigerian Student Hid Food Under Table To Eat While Lecture Was Ongoing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.