Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,488 members, 7,954,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:46 AM

FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide (45786 Views)

FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way / FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE / FG To Purchase New Aircraft At Low Interest Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by DaBullIT(m): 6:23am On Oct 26, 2014
Rapmoney:

That's the problem! Whenever we talk of abolishing this social menace called okada, someone just spring up to remind us that the rate of robbers and crime will increase as if these people have not been doing something before they joined the okada business; as if they were born with bikes from their mothers' wombs. If you don't observe closely, you won't notice the hazard these bikes cause on our roads. The truth is: civilized societies have all done away with bikes as means of transportation!!! Just imagine over 500 bikes on a road within a 1 kilometer pace. Isn't that madness?

Fail*

Western world did not magically arrive at the top and they weren't competing , they made reasonable policies and provided for their citizens. That's why they called it progress. What your in support of is like trying to fly before completing how to crawl tutorial

Okadas are hazardous , that much is true they use okadas to rob .okada riders over speed hence are involved in accidents a lot . but mind you , if there were correct roads like western nations . Automated speed traps and cameras like western nations. Effective or well motivated public transport staffs I mean an updated FRSC and more like western Nations . I am certain less trouble will come from okada riders

As at last week the road leading to FEDpoly Ede's south campus which is opposite the Adeleke's new University site swallowed a korope*(mini bus) whole ! It took dump trucks and nice people including hefty OKada riders to push the korope out . This south campus is far like heaven from centre of town and students have to go there everyday . Roads so bad Korope won't take you. only bikes are willing to go at exorbitant prices

Student fails to get to school and fails

Fails he can't go home to his parents

He probably becomes a nuisance

Another dream crushed because of bad roads. Cause and effects . ripples across with boundless energy
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by yehmi01(m): 6:24am On Oct 26, 2014
Omimah:
When Governor Tunde Fashola of Lagos banned the use of commercial motorcycles (okada) from plying some major roads in the state, the PDP used it to castigate the APC as being an anti-people's government; now the PDP led FG wants to do same across the country.

Might I appeal to ALL meaningful NIGERIANS.

If we keep throwing fingers at this so called political parties every time siding one over the other when what ever they do makes sense on not will not help.

When A leader makes a decision, You dont say it is right because he his from you tribe or Its is wrong because he his not from your religion.

Nigerians Do this alot.

As followers Lets analyse every decision this people take and look at it without sentiments.

You guys dont get it. PEOPLE ARE BEEN AFFECTED DAILY BECAUSE OF THE DECISIONS THIS PEOPLE TAKE AND HAVE BEEN TAKING SINCE 1960.

This should not be an APC, PDP, NTA, BBC speech.

Is this a right decision to take NOW considering the state of OUR NATION? PERIOD!!!

If it is let Come together to support the Government and make it work

If it is not Lets tell them the way it is and why it should not be for now instead of taking Sides EVEN WHEN A WRONG DECISION IS BEEN MADE OR ABOUT TO BE MADE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by hensben(m): 6:25am On Oct 26, 2014
My thought: Is this people(nigeria political leaders) using voodoo on nigeria masses ??, is it the masses that's daft ??, many things really gone wrong with this country right from the beginning, I mean, how can 1 country have three hundred and something languages n one expect them to talk in one voice, of course not...hmm..I told my uk friend that nigeria have three hundred n 5
Fifty languages, he said wow! How are they able to live together as one? I couldn't answer cos I know deep down my heart we are not living as one only our political leaders makes it look so due to their selfish interest but they know too we are not 1 nigeria. Nigerians discuss national issue with sentiments n tribalism even when they are dying of same national stress like corruption,insecurity, unemployment,power failure,bad roads,et al, when one try to make sense someone will reply with tribalistic comments...one nigeria my foot...only in nigeria one will be using same method over n over again and expect different results...smh...every little thing god come to our aid, get this into ur thick skull,god doesn't answer hypocrites.
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by sunnedee: 6:26am On Oct 26, 2014
boboLIL:
D kind thunder wey go blast yhu stil de ride okada....

Hahaha. You got me cracking man
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by DaBullIT(m): 6:29am On Oct 26, 2014
RichboyPee:
After the ban Goodluck is gonna send 4 buses each to each state and call that phase one. The media will be awash with the pictures and then you will hear jobs have been provided for 4.5 million youths. same voodoo economics. I dey laugh oooooo

You mean the chinko type sure-p bus that was supposed to be delivered to all states when they removed subsidy ? I'm laughing with you

1 Like

Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by sunnedee: 6:34am On Oct 26, 2014
Rapmoney:

That's the problem! Whenever we talk of abolishing this social menace called okada, someone just spring up to remind us that the rate of robbers and crime will increase as if these people have not been doing something before they joined the okada business; as if they were born with bikes from their mothers' wombs. If you don't observe closely, you won't notice the hazard these bikes cause on our roads. The truth is: civilized societies have all done away with bikes as means of transportation!!! Just imagine over 500 bikes on a road within a 1 kilometer pace. Isn't that madness?

And you want to compare Nigeria with those "civilized" societies that can boast of good roads and efficient railway system?

Wake up from that dream bro.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 26, 2014
cramjones:
Come 2015, we will BAN this goverment from the presidency. Click like if you support banning this government in 2015!

-CramJones

Come sef...this cramjones...whose side are you on? You were pro apc the other time and shifted to pdp and now, you are clamoring for a ban on pdp again. Cramjones: Confused since 2003!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by DaBullIT(m): 6:38am On Oct 26, 2014
hensben:
My thought: Is this people(nigeria political leaders) using voodoo on nigeria masses ??, is it the masses that's daft ??, many things really gone wrong with this country right from the beginning, I mean, how can 1 country have three hundred and something languages n one expect them to talk in one voice, of course not...hmm..I told my uk friend that nigeria have three hundred n 5
Fifty languages, he said wow! How are they able to live together as one? I couldn't answer cos I know deep down my heart we are not living as one only our political leaders makes it look so due to their selfish interest but they know too we are not 1 nigeria. Nigerians discuss national issue with sentiments n tribalism even when they are dying of same national stress like corruption,insecurity, unemployment,power failure,bad roads,et al, when one try to make sense someone will reply with tribalistic comments...one nigeria my foot...only in nigeria one will be using same method over n over again and expect different results...smh...every little thing god come to our aid, get this into ur thick skull,god doesn't answer hypocrites.

They aren't using voodoo. No , some political leaders have bought some.people's souls but more to the point Fela answered your question centuries ago. We no wan quench we no wan die . always crying about our rights and what we want but never fighting or dying to prove it . No amount of aidedecamp can stop 1million angry citizens from entering the presidential villa drag him out and make him understand what masses want

If you make just one political leader : Governor , senator or even the president realize that the masses can do what their Evil God fathers and Cabals can do ten times over . That politician will deviate from his master's grand design / plan which is to profit from destroying Nigeria.

If you have always had enough of everything you won't get greedy or corrupt . Nigerians won't be so desperate if we have always been well provided for .

1 Like

Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by Misogynist2014(m): 6:40am On Oct 26, 2014
Those hausa motor cyclists are too many in Ibadan. Can't just wait for Nigeria to divide cos Yoruba needs to remove all these shafts that litter our streets in the name of trade, now that we have enough oil and gas. cool
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by jeje123(m): 6:43am On Oct 26, 2014
GEJ and his co-ministhief are digging their grave on a daily basis. Lets all Nigerians make sure we voted this government out of office come next election. If alternative are not made for this teaming population called 'okada'
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by zappyj(m): 6:45am On Oct 26, 2014
Same way there was increase in fuel price without anything on ground to cushion it's effects on the masses.

Na so una go just wake up ban Okada that has been saving lives since 1960.

Pls ban it but be wise enough to fix the transport system that caters for the needs of millions of Nigerians.
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by Appswheel(m): 6:54am On Oct 26, 2014
maake dey plan am well o
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by joseph1832(m): 6:54am On Oct 26, 2014
When I tell people that the FG has a master plan to keep the Nigerian masses poor as a way to ensure their compliance during election, people will say am a conspiracy theorist.

The FG wants to ban Okada, surely before they do this or even propose the ban adequate measures would have been put in place to rehabilate the Okada riders and they ought to have provided alternate means of transport for the Nigerian populace.

Later the FG will start distributing two derica of rice to secure the support of this very people they're made their lives a living hell!.
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by Athanatos(m): 6:54am On Oct 26, 2014
cramjones:
Come 2015, we will BAN this goverment from the presidency. Click like if you support banning this government in 2015!

-CramJones
Dude,do you want to change governments or do you want to change your story?Be careful what you wish for,you might get it!
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by UnimkeAk(m): 6:58am On Oct 26, 2014
Enangson:
[size=40pt]Cross River State Government Started this whole idea Nationwide.[/size]

[size=20pt]True,
Since 2007 no bikes in Calabar
It resulted in a 99.9% drop in accidents
(Naso all this guys wr d fix bone pack go Uyo, no market, b4 dem follow ban bike grin),
A decrease in robbery using bikes.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by Bigmas2525(m): 7:02am On Oct 26, 2014
what do they want them to be doing, selfish FG.
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by akatekpe(m): 7:05am On Oct 26, 2014
Those shouting we are not there yet,when are we gonna be there? Step by step make a long journey. Some states have done it already and I think those living there are okay by it. The ban would definitely be major cities in the state and not everywhere. We must take the bull by the horn to get to that place you all are shouting for. Plateau State government started theirs in Jos metropolis and I think the state government made provision for enough taxis and keke,Jos town is now very clean and free from okada accidents and their overcrowding the roads. Let's support the government on this jaree,okada is not supposed to move on major roads in any state at all. Those living around mararaba,nyanya 'n its axis wu testify the nuisance okada poss on the high way.

1 Like

Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by Arysexy(m): 7:06am On Oct 26, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Those hausa motor cyclists are too many in Ibadan. Can't just wait for Nigeria to divide cos Yoruba needs to remove all these shafts that litter our streets in the name of trade, now that we have enough oil and gas. cool

Don't be a coward! Awolowo fought for one Nigeria, enjoy it forever!
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by Hanibal(m): 7:06am On Oct 26, 2014
I am shocked at the comments I have read so far
I expected this thread to be full of courses on the greedy men than are proposing this kind of insensitive law. But I have been readings things like "its a welcomed development!!" chai chai diaris god ooo
Ban okada nationwide !!!. a welcomed development by nairalanders? Im speechless.
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by evea: 7:11am On Oct 26, 2014
It means increase in arm robbery biz. no pity 4 d masses. no gd roads and no lane 4 bicycles. 9ja
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by Youngzedd(m): 7:14am On Oct 26, 2014
Enangson:
[size=40pt]Cross River State Government Started this whole idea Nationwide.[/size]

And now, everybody is happy they did.

The last time I entered Onitsha, this Okada riders nearly injure me.

Make them ban it nationwide.

1 Like

Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by Youngzedd(m): 7:16am On Oct 26, 2014
austinbrown:
Then they should get ready to buy car for everybody

Not like that, they should provide a scheme for that.

Using Innoson motors isn't a bad idea.
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by akatekpe(m): 7:17am On Oct 26, 2014
Those shouting we are not there yet,when are we gonna be there? Step by step make a long journey. Some states have done it already and I think those living there are okay by it. The ban would definitely be major cities in the state and not everywhere. We must take the bull by the horn to get to that place you all are shouting for. Plateau State government started theirs in Jos metropolis and I think the state government made provision for enough taxis and keke,Jos town is now very clean and free from okada accidents and their overcrowding the roads. Let's support the government on this jaree,okada is not supposed to move on major roads in any state at all. Those living around mararaba,nyanya 'n its axis wu testify the nuisance okada poss on the high way.
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by armadeo(m): 7:18am On Oct 26, 2014
timi4mayo:
Dey shuld cum nd ban it lemme c na, nonsense pple.., it will get to a stage wen poverty is to its prime den d poor wuld start eatin d rich.
Cos i knw d poor are much more dann d rich.:.................@timmy

This reminds me of a saying my uncle used to drip.

' the poor man cannot sleep because he is hungry and the rich man cannot sleep because the poor man is awake'

1 Like

Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by tommiebuck(f): 7:18am On Oct 26, 2014
idris4r83:
another good reason to vote out GEJ come 2015
ama like dis comment 1000 nd million tyms to vote out GEJ

2 Likes

Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by adebayoggt(m): 7:21am On Oct 26, 2014
OKada is not a safe means of commercial transportation. it can not be regulated
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by searay(m): 7:22am On Oct 26, 2014
Error
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 26, 2014
Banning Okada in towns and cities may be a good idea, but not in villages, as it will bring untold hardship on people. Many interior communities are not accessible by cars or tricycles as a result of the poor state of the roads. Moreover, how many rural dwellers can afford the services of cabs (drops)? Again, have they considered how to provide meaningful employment for these okada riders? This our FG is really terrible. I've been a supporter all these while, but they keep disappointing me day by day.
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by tommiebuck(f): 7:22am On Oct 26, 2014
instead of banning the okada riders, i fink dey shld construct okada lane too just like the BRT lane. banning okada ll stop no accident or whatsoever on the road, it may just cause more traffic on the road. me love okada so much o. its so fast[color=#000099][/color]
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by cocoduck: 7:23am On Oct 26, 2014
joseph1832:
When I tell people that the FG has a master plan to keep the Nigerian masses poor as a way to ensure their compliance during election, people will say am a conspiracy theorist.

The FG wants to ban Okada, surely before they do this or even propose the ban adequate measures would have been put in place to rehabilate the Okada riders and they ought to have provided alternate means of transport for the Nigerian populace.

Later the FG will start distributing two derica of rice to secure the support of this very people they're made their lives a living hell!.
so okada will make you rich. any way you did not read the entire article.
The minister for transportation merely endorsed the idea. Towards the end he clearly made all and sundry to know that phasing out okadas is a job of the thieving state governments and or local governments.
please read before you comment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Train Kills LASU Final Year Student And Unilag Phd Student (photo) / The Python I Killed In Agbor / Young Men Turn Gutter Into Swimming Pool (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.