Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,553 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet (30389 Views)

Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Daughter's White Wedding Today (Photos) / Traditional Wedding Of Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Child (Photos) / Bishop Mike Okonkwo’s Daughter To Wed (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by jcross22: 1:57pm On Dec 19, 2009
WHY ARE WE CONFUSING OURSELVES IF YOU ARE SAYING THE TRUTH NEXT YOU WILL HEAR IS THAT " THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE " WHO IS JUDGING WHO IF WE CONTINUE BY KEEPING MUTE ON THIS EVIL DEED OF SO -CALLED MEN OF GOD I MEAN NOT ALL BUT MAJORITY HOW CAN YOU SAVE BRAINWASHED VICTIMS OUT OF THEIR IGNORANCE . THE BIBLE HAVE JUDGE IT ALL , IT SAYS BY THEIR FRUIT WE SHALL KNOW THEM .SIMPLE AND DON'T BE FLATTERED BY WORD OF THEIR MOUTH FULL OF DECEIT . IF THEY WANT TO FINISH THEIR PREACHING YOU WILL HEAR THEM SAYING " DO NOT FOLLOW NY WAY OF LIFE BUT FOLLOW MY WORD" DO WE SEE WHERE JESUS SHOW THE ALTITUDE OF GREEDINESS IN THE BIBLE? WHY ARE WE CALLED CHRISTIAN I.E CHRIST-LIKE DO WE REALLY POSSESS SUCH QUALITY? IF THEY WANT TO ANSWER THAT THEY WILL SAY AM NOT A JESUS CHRIST BUT AM AN ORDINARY HUMAN IF THAT IT'S TRUE THEN WHAT HAPPEN TO THE CHRISTIAN WHO MAKE THE MESSAGE POSSIBLE ROUND THE WORLD I MEAN THE MISSIONARIES ARE THEY GREEDY AS NOW OUR DAYS PREACHER? THOSE ARE THEY NOT HUMAN? MATHEW 24 VS 7 HAVE MADE IT CLEAR .
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 01, 2010
@houvest:
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by houvest: 8:05am On Jan 02, 2010
@konfessor.

Way to go brother. Way to start the new year friend.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 8:38am On Jan 02, 2010
konfessor:

@houvest:you are an hypocrite. now if i say REVD king is a fake pastor, you will not caution me. instead you will encourage me.now what is the difference btw him and these thieves calling themself MOG? IF YOU CAN AGREE that revd king is a real pastor, then i will agree that okonkwo, oyedepo and the devil himself areb real pastors!

Very nice point good logic  grin
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by MyPeace(f): 10:54am On Jan 06, 2010
As a TREMITE, to the best of my knowledy my Big Daddy has not bought any Jet, though l believe God will settle him with that soonest. lf God put sugar in ur mouth, will u spit it out? Good thing is good, as long as they are doing what they ought to.

As individuals, you wont say because your brothers are in the village suffering, and u have money to buy a car, u will refuse because of them. YOu will sure settle them as u wish and still make urself happy.

My prayer is that God will give him the JET, as he desires it to enhance his evangelical movement.

Shallom!!
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by babaijesha: 3:58pm On Jan 06, 2010
- While I believe in prosperity as preached in the word of God, our churches need to improve on their social responsibilities.

Churche is a subset of the society as such has a responsibilities to their immediate community.

Where are the schorlarships in nigerian universities for student to pay their school fees; I dont see research funding for breaking of new grounds in our universities, I want to see churches undertaking building of roads and having impact on the life of common Nigerian. Our churches need to preach the spirit of community services.
Building houses and structure for those under the bridges and bringing them to Christ. Having funds for willing enterpreneurs. The Church cannot isolate itself from its community
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 4:04pm On Jan 06, 2010
babaijesha:

- While I believe in prosperity as preached in the word of God, our churches need to improve on their social responsibilities.

There is no were in the word of God[bible] that [material] prosperity is preached. Prosperity preaching is a result of the twisted minds of manipulative pastors that preach it.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by debosky(m): 4:07pm On Jan 06, 2010
KunleOshob:

There is no were in the word of God[bible] that [material] prosperity is preached. Prosperity preaching is a result of the twisted minds of manipulative pastors that preach it.

So God wants people to live in penury? Life in all its abundance as promised by Jesus INCLUDES material prosperity. While that was not the sole message, it is highly disingenuous of you to imply that nowhere in the bible is it preached that people should prosper financially.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 4:15pm On Jan 06, 2010
debosky:

So God wants people to live in penury? Life in all its abundance as promised by Jesus INCLUDES material prosperity. While that was not the sole message, it is highly disingenuous of you to imply that nowhere in the bible is it preached that people should prosper financially.

You would do well to quote a single scripture in the bible which promises us christians material prosperity and i would psot at least ten which explains that the gospel of christ has absolutely nothing to do with material prosperity. That i not to say God wants to live in penury. Being rich or poor has nothing to do with the gospel of christ and the gospel should not be twisted to imply that. That we have billions of people all over the world who are properous many of whom have not heard the gospel talkless of being christians.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by babaijesha: 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2010
Prosperity is an encompassing word, not just material prosperity.Prosperity is the state of flourishing, thriving, success, or good fortune. [1] Prosperity often encompasses wealth but also includes others factors which are independent of wealth to varying degrees, such as happiness and health.

Redeemed From the Curse of the Law
Galatians 3:13, 14, 29

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

: poverty, sickness, etc are the curse of the law.

“Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”

See the blessing of abraham and promise of God

Deuteronomy 28:1-8, 11, 12

1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:

2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God.

3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.

4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle …

5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.

6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shall thou be when thou goest out.

7 The Lord shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face…

8 The Lord shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto …

11 And the Lord shall make thee plenteous in goods …

12 The Lord shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season and to bless all the work of thine hand …

“They shall reign as kings in life, by one Jesus Christ.” We are to reign as kings in life. That means that we have dominion over our lives. We are to dominate, not to be dominated. Circumstances are not to dominate you. You are to dominate circumstances. Poverty is not to rule and reign over you. You are to rule and reign over poverty. Disease and sickness are not to rule and reign over you. You are to rule and reign over sickness.

We are to reign as kings in life by Christ Jesus, in whom we have our redemption.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2010
@Babaijesha
Cut the crap, i am still yet to see one single biblical promise of prosperity to christians in all the verses you attempted to quote out of context. That is apart from the unscriptural notes you added to it at the end to further confuse issues. The bible calls that"presenting man made ideas as though they were from God"[matthew 15:8-9] and hallmark of false prophets. On the contrary below are the promises of Christ for the poor amongst us and not material earthly riches:

Matthew 5:1-11:

Matthew 5
1And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

2And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Kindly note that not one single one of this classsified less priviledge people was promised material wealth.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by debosky(m): 10:00pm On Jan 06, 2010
What about the Lord giving power to make wealth? Was that in another bible separate from yours? The same God who prospered the Israelites and declared blessings on Abraham (YES material blessings) and we are called Abraham's descendants and recipients of the promise and you said we are not given promises of material prosperity?

Your argument is weak at best - there are billions of people in the world who do good to their neighbours, serve others and are peacemakers and yet aren't Christians - does that negate the fact that Christians are called to live a life of service?

Being rich and poor has everything to do with the gospel of Jesus - life in all it's abundance includes having enough to meet your needs and bless others. We are prayed for in the NT, that we should PROSPER even as our soul prospers. Again, you've taken a personal view and tried to force it on the bible. . . .remarkably like the so called prosperity preachers you accuse.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 9:39am On Jan 07, 2010
@debosky
Even though i have nothing against material prosperity[as long as it is legal] it would be wrong of us as christians to claim that is what Jesus gospel is about cos it is not. Your example of abraham is out of place as it has nothing to do with the christian gospel no matter how much you claim Abraham's blessings. God can prosper us but i repeat that is not what christs gospel is about. If you think so kindly show me at least one scripture in the new testament that christians were promised earthly material wealth. For your benefit and others, i would post one christian teaching on wealth here:

Amplified Bible (AMP)

1 Timothy 6:3-11:
3But if anyone teaches otherwise and does not assent to the sound and wholesome messages of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and the teaching which is in agreement with godliness (piety toward God),
4He is puffed up with pride and stupefied with conceit, [although he is] woefully ignorant. He has a morbid fondness for controversy and disputes and strife about words, which result in (produce) envy and jealousy, quarrels and dissension, abuse and insults and slander, and base suspicions,

[b]5And protracted wrangling and wearing discussion and perpetual friction among men who are corrupted in mind and bereft of the truth, who imagine that godliness or righteousness is a [c]source of profit [a moneymaking business, a means of livelihood]. From such withdraw.

6[And it is, indeed, a source of immense profit, for] godliness accompanied with contentment (that contentment which is a sense of [d]inward sufficiency) is great and abundant gain.
7For we brought nothing into the world, and obviously we cannot take anything out of the world;

8But if we have food and clothing, with these we shall be content (satisfied).

9But those who crave to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and into many foolish (useless, godless) and hurtful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction and miserable perishing.

10For the love of money is a root of all evils; it is through this craving that some have been led astray and have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves through with many [e]acute [mental] pangs.

11But as for you, O man of God, flee from all these things; aim at and pursue righteousness (right standing with God and true goodness), godliness (which is the loving fear of God and being Christlike), faith, love, steadfastness (patience), and gentleness of heart.

I hope you have been able to learn a thing or two from that passage. As humans we all want to be at least comfortable in life and preferably wealthy but we should not confuse our earthly desires with our christian faith and we should not let our crave for wealth conflict with it as well. The verse below explains why as humans we tend to believe prosperity gospels and try to rationalize it out in the bible, it is simply the world's view point and NOT that of God.

1 John 4:5:
5 Those people belong to this world, so they speak from the world’s viewpoint, and the world listens to them.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Pakavy(m): 12:27am On Dec 06, 2010
chei!!why i neva enter this church biz?i 4 dont get my own private jet, to tink this was som1 i used 2 shak garri with in d early 80s
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by ballachi101(m): 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2011
I have this building in a very busy section of lagos mainland, i can be the pastor & i just need people who can help me brand the church we will open so that we can get our own private gulfstream jet in like 5yrs, Anybody interested in this business preposition?? cheesy grin
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by PastorKun(m): 8:59pm On Sep 17, 2011
@ballachi
How much are you willing to invest in the church business? It costs a lot of money to brand a church as competition is tough but the returns are phenomenal
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by ballachi101(m): 11:36pm On Sep 17, 2011
I know, I'm investing my house on this,i am not spending 1naira on top O! Have I not done enough? We can raise money from the banks or dont U think the banks would want to invest when we give them a detailed biography of some these wealthy MOG's!
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by PastorKun(m): 7:15am On Sep 18, 2011
@ballachi
It's more complex than that, you have to be a first rate smooth talking and manipulative criminal to succeed in this business. Do you possess these characteristics? The branding only serves to provide publicity and to market the business.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by ballachi101(m): 7:46pm On Sep 19, 2011
@ Pastor Kun,guess I'm a smooth criminal but I dont I'm that smooth talking & persuasive,
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by PastorKun(m): 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2011
@ballachi
In that case I would suggest you acquire the franchise of a church like cec, in which case you would be able to play the pre-recorded smooth/ manipulative teachings of a first rate smooth criminal like Oyaks and you can easily ride on his back to make money as long as you are making adequate returns to him. 

You may wish to contact joagbaje to brief you how you can go about obtaining a cec franchise.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by HISchild: 8:05am On Sep 20, 2011
"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not." - 2 Peter 2:1-3

"The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being examples to the flock." -1 Peter 5:1-3 (also, 1 Timothy 3:3, 1 Timothy 3:8, Titus 1:7 & Titus 1:11)

but the churches are under the righteous judgment of GOD, as is the rest of the world. - "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" -1 Peter 4:17
----------

Let me encourage everyone, self included, to be a follower of GOD, The Lord JESUS CHRIST only, by HIS grace, particularly in this day and age (in these very last days), wherein are many deceivers. The infallible, life-giving, true word of GOD is pure, abides forever and never deceives. Keep reading and keep praying (1 Thess 5:17), "watch and pray".

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged."
- Romans 3:4
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Fortunenice(m): 4:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
They are all false pastors and prophets of today, they are not after souls again they are after aquisition of wealth, galivanting around the world flexing with their loots. I wonder why Nigerian government cannot probe those who are presenting them with private jet. Bird of same feathers. Oleeeeee
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by baracca: 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2012
Whoever you are, I question if your reporting sense is accurate. As a reporter, you need to validate your stories before going to press. Bishop Mike Okonkwo for now has no private jet. If you were in that conference like you claimed, then you are one of the unscrupulous element running around jobless in Nigeria. Am not holding brief for the Bishop, if he fault in this area, I will be the first to raise alarm. But this time my friend, you goofed. Don't mislead your followers
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Fortunenice(m): 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
I used they and I did not mention names, but if it touched some people's minds they should amend their ways.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by mekaboy(m): 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
GOOD FOR HIM, HE IS ONE OF THE FEW MEN OF GOD THAT STILL PREACH THE REAL WORD AND HEAR FROM GOD IN NIGERIA.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by krosh: 10:48pm On Mar 11, 2018
THIS STORY IS NOT TRUE.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by proddey(m): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2018
shinystar:
Presiding Bishop of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission(TREM) Bishop Mike Okonkwo has joined the growing lsit of pastors with private jet in the country. Okonkwo, at the annual conference of his church, told the excited participants that the jet would help facilitate the new phase of his ministry.

Ministers who have private jets include Bishop David Oyedepo and Pastor Sam Adeyemi.

Sam adeyemi doesn't have a private jet..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year! / Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) / I Need Help For A Spiritual Problem Of Over Three Years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.