Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:21 AM

Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet (30783 Views)

Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Daughter's White Wedding Today (Photos) / Traditional Wedding Of Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Child (Photos) / Bishop Mike Okonkwo’s Daughter To Wed (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by osrii: 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry, these 'Men of God' make me sick.

if u re sick,it cannot be 'MEN OF GOD' that caused it.NEVER.U choosed to be sick
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by osrii: 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if u re sick,u choosed to be sick
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by osrii: 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2008

u choosed to be sick
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by JJYOU: 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2008
tonye-t:

$20,000,000 to[b] $35,000,000 [/b] FOR A 2ND-3RD HAND

$50,000,000 FOR A FAIRLY USED

$80,000,000
to[b] $100,000,000 [/b] for a brand new personal
nawao! you be accountant? why you dey cook figures like this? planes are cheaper than you know. there are planes selling less than a million dollars. dont forget the small matter of leasing too. the market for planes have been down since 9/11. price are rock bottom if you want one

is the rumour true in the first place?
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by oderemo(m): 7:38pm On Nov 25, 2008
like to c him today. i mean GOD
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by shinystar(m): 8:01pm On Nov 25, 2008
These our ministers are stupendously rich. Not that it is bad to be. But I am stunned they have the guts to make money at the expense of the poor masses and flaunt it before them.

To consider a private jet is sickening. I am not even concerned about the cost of purchase but cost of maintenance. He has to pay parking fee, crew's insurance and salaries as well as other expenses. After a year, that even costs almost another brand jet.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by MrCrackles(m): 8:02pm On Nov 25, 2008
Awon ole pasitor!! grin
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Lady2(f): 8:45pm On Nov 25, 2008
Guys, are we saying he does not deserve the jet after years of meritorious service in the Lord's vineyard?

Can't we at least be happy for him?

Christ said that they should give up the world and follow him. Acquiring worldly things, is not giving up the world and following Christ.

Sheesh even the Pope flies in commercial planes. No private Jet there.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by DavidDylan(m): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2008
~Lady~:

Christ said that they should give up the world and follow him. Acquiring worldly things, is not giving up the world and following Christ.

Sheesh even the Pope flies in commercial planes. No private Jet there.

lol the pope is an even worse offender. How has he "given up the world" to follow Christ? By living in a virtual country of its own, having men bow and kiss his feet and refering to himself as Christ's vice-regent on earth? grin

All these idolatrous worshippers of men. cheesy
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by RedHotChic(f): 10:55pm On Nov 25, 2008

$20,000,000 to $35,000,000 FOR A 2ND-3RD HAND

$50,000,000 FOR A FAIRLY USED

$80,000,000 to $100,000,000 for a brand new personal
Why wont they afford that amount when they played Benny Hinn 419 to the tune of $4M?.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by shinystar(m): 10:10am On Nov 27, 2008
Let's pray for our ministers. They are missing it big time.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by smartsoft(m): 10:58am On Nov 27, 2008
u guys can say stupids things for all care the way i understood the bible is not the same way you do  to me God didn't suffer for us to suffer for crying out loud, he went pour for us to be rich so what a heck ?

@d-baby kudos,  you all make me sick nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by ugborikoko(m): 11:09am On Nov 27, 2008
For a man with no visible business, and simply a "man if God" i believe this guy is a theif, The money of the church is not his. Spending it on private Jets amounts to stealing.

People should stop talking of The Lord being good when it comes to money, A person becomes rich due to hard work or stealing. All God does is give us life and strengthen those who seek him.

This guy is a theif and should be put in Kirikiri
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by shinystar(m): 6:17pm On Nov 29, 2008
Put a man of God in Kirikiri?
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by DavidDylan(m): 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2008
smartsoft:

u guys can say stupids things for all care the way i understood the bible is not the same way you do to me God didn't suffer for us to suffer for crying out loud, he went pour for us to be rich so what a heck ?

@d-baby kudos, you all make me sick nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Do a quick homework . . . list all the disciples and the early christians who came to the church after the pentecost and tell me how many of them was this "rich"?
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Uche2nna(m): 7:58pm On Nov 29, 2008
Well like they say, The Lord is good.
All the time!!!!

Yeah, right angry I wonder how many collection plates went round before this guy was able to purchase his jet.

I think I am in the wrong business undecided
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 4:19pm On Dec 01, 2008
I was able to confirm this story from one of the church workers in Okonwo's church this weekend. Can you imagine the mungun was actually excited his bishop was buying a private jet. This was the same Idiot that the church leadership ordered to be flogged by security guards for saying something against the church a few years ago.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Tonyet1(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2008
I ASKED A MEMBER AND HE SAID HE HASNT HEARD OF ANY NEWS OF SUCH

[size=58pt]I DONT THINK THIS NEWS OF PRIVATE JET IS TRUE SEF, [/size]

so i better quit before i find myself speaking evil of an innocent man of God, until i hear the news from his mouth
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by MrCrackles(m): 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2008
Another "Man thief of God" don buy jet?! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by smile4kenn(m): 9:37pm On Dec 01, 2008
kai,

i wonder when nigerians will stop falling for church scam,

now d so called offering money is used to acquire a jet for one man?, kai, church business no be small thing ooo, when the same bible said only the smart people will make money!!!
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by RedHotChic(f): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2008
I ASKED A MEMBER AND HE SAID HE HASNT HEARD OF ANY NEWS OF SUCH

I don't THINK THIS NEWS OF PRIVATE JET IS TRUE SEF,

so i better quit before i find myself speaking evil of an innocent man of God, until i hear the news from his mouth

Thats the greatest weapon these men of God in Nigeria have against people like you because they are afraid they may offend his God if they speak bad of any of his decisions. Some will even shut up if the pastor is sexually abusing their 14 yr old daughter.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by MrCrackles(m): 9:14am On Dec 02, 2008
flashy pastors, indigent followers!! grin grin
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by kolaoloye(m): 10:57am On Dec 02, 2008
ugborikoko:

For a man with no visible business, and simply a "man if God" i believe this guy is a theif, The money of the church is not his. Spending it on private Jets amounts to stealing.

People should stop talking of The Lord being good when it comes to money, A person becomes rich due to hard work or stealing. All God does is give us life and strengthen those who seek him.

This guy is a theif and should be put in Kirikiri

may the Good Lord have mercy on you. Have you forgotten"THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE"
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 12:23pm On Dec 02, 2008
kola oloye:

may the Good Lord have mercy on you. Have you forgotten"THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE"
There no such commandment angry on the contrary "THOU SHALT NOT USE THE NAME OF THE LORD THY GOD TO CORRUPTLY ENRICH YOURSELF BY FLEECING HIS CHILDREN"
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Tonyet1(m): 12:34pm On Dec 02, 2008
@every critic,

please can anyone give us a link on the internet or a scanned paper page?, maybe then i can do justice to his act,

if not then plssssssssss i beg us in Jesus name to stop speaking evil of anyone, it is a SIN, the bible said
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 12:53pm On Dec 02, 2008
tonye-t:

@every critic,

please can anyone give us a link on the internet or a scanned paper page?, maybe then i can do justice to his act,

if not then plssssssssss i beg us in Jesus name to stop speaking evil of anyone, it is a SIN, the bible said
Apart from the fact that i have already confirmed the Jet story from a worker in his church, i can testify to the flamboyant and exotic lifestyle of this supposed Man of God, hence i feel justified to critisize him cool
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by bawomolo(m): 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2008
word thou shall not judge but turn the other cheek. ode
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by shinystar(m): 12:13am On Dec 03, 2008
Tonye T,

Why are you cynical about the veracity of this info? I said I was part of the reportorial team that covered the event where he shared the 'good news' and someone else said a member confirmed it. What more do you need?
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by kolaoloye(m): 8:44am On Dec 03, 2008
shinystar:

Tonye T,

Why are you cynical about the veracity of this info? I said I was part of the reportorial team that covered the event where he shared the 'good news' and someone else said a member confirmed it. What more do you need?
Thank God for being part of the show.Is it now a crime for someone to acquire anything for the sake of his mission or vision?
OR did the church complained about any missing fund or whatever?
All i think that we can do is to be praying for these our religious leaders not to miss it rather than criticising them. Thank you.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Tonyet1(m): 9:21am On Dec 03, 2008
shinystar:

Tonye T,

I said I was part of the reportorial team that covered the event

since when did men start becoming [b]chur[/b]nalist, smearging from church to church looking for news
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by shinystar(m): 9:24am On Dec 03, 2008
Tonye-T,

Silence is still golden.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2008
kola oloye:

Thank God for being part of the show.Is it now a crime for someone to acquire anything for the sake of his mission or vision?
OR did the church complained about any missing fund or whatever?
All i think that we can do is to be praying for these our religious leaders not to miss it rather than criticising them. Thank you.

The fact that someone sets up a church business and his business is thriving does not make him a religious leader. It is criminal to use church money to indulge in a flamboyant life style under the guise of doing mission work. If he really wants to win souls for christ there are enough lost souls around him he can start with he does not need to be galivanting all over the world to do that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GODWIN; Gospel Or Secular??? / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Blesses Two Retired Prostitutes With ₦7m / What Is The Meaning Of S U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.