Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,269 members, 7,829,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (791) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1451831 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (831) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by itsUmohEtido(m): 9:10am On Dec 21, 2023
Yes! I collected and activated it on Tuesday, December 19, 2023. Apparently it has an "issuance" date of November 23, 2023, which is exactly 3 weeks after my capture. I did my capturing on October 30, 2023.

PS. The collection/activation lasted less than 10 mins.

Nairaland was down; that's why I couldn't post the update.

AyobamiIsaac12:
Hello👋
Have you gone to check if the passport has been produced?

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AyobamiIsaac12: 9:40am On Dec 21, 2023
itsUmohEtido:
Yes! I collected and activated it on Tuesday, December 19, 2023. Apparently it has an "issuance" date of November 23, 2023, which is exactly 3 weeks after my capture. I did my capturing on October 30, 2023.

PS. The collection/activation lasted less than 10 mins.

Nairaland was down; that's why I couldn't post the update.

Mine would have been produced too. My capturing date was November 3rd. I'll go and collect it tomorrow.
Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 29Ade07: 10:51am On Dec 21, 2023
AyobamiIsaac12:
Please, which state are you getting it for #26000?
Information I got from Ibadan office says the price is #50000 for 32 pages.
Abeg please let me know.
ASAP
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by alertbest(m): 11:29am On Dec 21, 2023
Stephanie75:

Good morning,

So when we got to Ikoyi passport office yesterday, we went straight to the servicom unit. I went with my husband and baby (they both just applied for the first time). We were directed to an office for documents checkv. We met a lady who requested to see the payment receipts from our bank or the debit alert.

1. The documents I submitted for change of name were:
a) Printed application form
b) Payment receipt
c) Appointment slip
d) Change of name form (they gave me a copy, asked me to make my copy and return theirs)
e) Applicant verification form (they gave me a copy, asked me to make my copy and return theirs)
f) Handwritten application letter for change of name
g) Marriage certificate
h) Court affidavit for change of name
i) Newspaper publication
j) NIN
k) International passport data page
l) Husband's International passport data page (they requested for his payment receipt because he just applied and has no International passport yet)
m) Husband's NIN
n) 2 Passport photographs

2. For my 10 months old baby:

a) Printed application form
b) Payment receipt
c) Appointment slip
d) Applicant verification form
e). Handwritten letter of consent from both parents (with their passport photographs attached)
f) Both parents' International passport data page (we submitted our payment receipt instead)
g) Both parents' NIN
h) Parents' marriage certificate
i) Birth certificate
j) NIN
k) 2 passport photographs

3. My husband (fresh application) submitted:

) Printed application form
b) Payment receipt
c) Appointment slip
d) Applicant verification form
e) NIN
f) Birth Certificate
g) Local Government of Origin
h) Guarantor's form as well as a copy of his NIN and International passport data page
i) 2 passport photographs

After checking our documents, she signed on them and directed us to another office where a file was opened for my husband and baby. They (husband and baby) took their files and went in for capturing.

I was directed to a different office where a file was opened for me and signed. My file was given to me and I was directed to an office for my capturing. It took less than 15 minutes for me to capture.

My husband and baby's capturing took about 40 minutes and we were done.

The process was seamless.

Please how much is change of name and did you DIY?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AyobamiIsaac12: 11:33am On Dec 21, 2023
29Ade07:

Please, which state are you getting it for #26000?
Information I got from Ibadan office says the price is #50000 for 32 pages.
Abeg please let me know.
ASAP
I did mine at their headquarters here in Abuja. I paid on their website then proceeded for my capturing, and the actual price is 26k, they just wan use you do Christmas

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by itsUmohEtido(m): 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2023
Sounds good. I bet it has.

AyobamiIsaac12:
Mine would have been produced too. My capturing date was November 3rd. I'll go and collect it tomorrow.
Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Uziyl(m): 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2023
I'm applying for a passport renewal, and my old passport carries 3 names. I wish to not use my middle name in the new passport. Is it possible? My NIN and every other required document carries only my first and last names. I hope there won't be any issues with dropping my middle name for the new passport. Please let me know if this would cause any problems or if I need to provide any additional documentation, like newspaper name publication.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ogeleo: 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2023
Has any Festac DIY that captured in May collected his/her passport yet?

I captured on May 5th at Festac but it still shows "Production in Progress" after 7 MONTHS..

God!!!!!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by toms55(m): 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2023
Hi everyone how can i make a report of the passport office , they said they couldn’t find my mom’s passport file after capturing hence it has not been produced!!! Very annoying! How can they say they lost a document as such!!! How can i make a report
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AyobamiIsaac12: 5:08pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ogeleo:
Has any Festac DIY that captured in May collected his/her passport yet?

I captured on May 5th at Festac but it still shows "Production in Progress" after 7 MONTHS..

God!!!!!
The tracking website is not reliable. Your passport has been produced. Go and check.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ibrahim8358(m): 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2023
Please how can I take bus from Cele or oshodi to Alimosho passport office ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by mikeayus(m): 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ibrahim8358:
Please how can I take bus from Cele or oshodi to Alimosho passport office ?

From oshodi...take a bus going to egbeda, drop at sobo bus stop and cross tp the other side, the alimosho passport office is just behind the brt busstop on the left hand side when you drop

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gainman: 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2023
Pls i need someone to enlighten me on applying for a fresh passport. Should I go to immigration office or apply online for d passport. Which of these two is advisable. Secondary, what duration of time will it takes me if I apply online or in there office. Should I need to tip an officer to make it fast. I am in ilorin.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gainman: 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2023
tobijas001:

When last did check if it’s ready for collection?? Because if there isn’t any issue, it should have been ready for collection
Pls i need you to enlighten me on applying for a fresh passport. Should I go to immigration office or apply online for d passport. Which of these two is advisable. Secondary, what duration of time will it takes me if I apply online or in there office. Should I need to tip an officer to make it fast. I am in ilorin.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Rhyah(f): 2:18am On Dec 22, 2023
Yesterday was my actual collection day at Alausa.
Collected passport and noticed that it was even prepared 10days after I captured in September....
DIY is working o...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Motherlove: 6:53am On Dec 22, 2023
Uziyl:
I'm applying for a passport renewal, and my old passport carries 3 names. I wish to not use my middle name in the new passport. Is it possible? My NIN and every other required document carries only my first and last names. I hope there won't be any issues with dropping my middle name for the new passport. Please let me know if this would cause any problems or if I need to provide any additional documentation, like newspaper name publication.

Good morning.
Pls what are the procedure for passport renewal and the cost.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Motherlove: 7:11am On Dec 22, 2023
Sol4u:

I was at Ibadan immigration office today for my passport renewal, I was hoping that I will prove you wrong thinking that they will adjust and work with Hon Minister vision but believe me it worst that what anyone can imagine, their level of Extortion and black market registration is incomparable, I got there 9am this morning with all my document ready, they keep bringing in new file of those they have collect extra 20k and put our own file aside I eventually capture by 3:30pm. Hon. Minister should please look in the high level of Extortion in ibadan immigration office which cut across the rank and files.
While other immigration offices has improve in their service deliver for DIY, Ibadan immigration office has choose to thick with the old ways of frustration and Extortion of applicants.

Good morning
Pls, what're the procedure/documents needed for passport renewal and the cost.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by rezzy: 8:16am On Dec 22, 2023
abbey37:

i typed the numbers myself and later copied directly from the receipt to ensure i am interchanging or missing anyone out any

Have you sorted this out?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Uziyl(m): 9:00am On Dec 22, 2023
Motherlove:

Good morning.
Pls what are the procedure for passport renewal and the cost.

Cost is 26k
Check page 788. More info there

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AyobamiIsaac12: 12:44pm On Dec 22, 2023
AyobamiIsaac12:
Team DIY
My experience at the immigration headquarter here in Sauka, Abuja.
I left home around 9am because my appointment time was slated for 11am and I got there few minutes to 11. I went to the passport processing center and met two officers at the entrance. I told them I was there for capturing. They asked if I knew anybody there and I replied no. So he said I should wait for him to call an officer on the phone that will open a file for me. I started to think hope this is not what I'm thinking shocked
The officer came and told me to follow him to the back of the office building. He checked all my documents and said the passport processing fee is 10k. I told him I didn't have and there was nothing like passport processing fee on their website. He now started to explain that I will collect a form and some officers will sign bla bla bla. I said I no get that the only money with me was my transport and I was told capturing was free. So he said I should go back and meet the officers at the entrance. I left him and went to stay at a place close the building to see if I could get another officer and explain my ordeal to him/her. That was how one of the officers at the entrance called me to come, was even surprised how he saw me because I wasn't staying at place he could easily see me, I guess they were scared grin

He asked me what the other officer said and I told them he mentioned I should drop 10k but I was told capturing was free and I was not to pay anything while I'm here. He felt guilty instantly cos his facial expression reflected that. That was when he now said I should go inside. I met a man probably in his late 50s while going in and he asked me what I was there for, told him and he called an officer to open a file for me. That was how a file was opened, the necessary signings were done, and my file was given back to me. After some minutes I was called in for capturing. Captured and was given a paper that contained when my passport would be ready. Left there around 2:15 pm
On my way back home I opened the immigration website on my browser to check if my nin had been verified, and of course they already verified it.
Total amount spent = 26k
Collected. Passport was issued on the first of December, that's exactly four weeks after my capturing.

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by RosyIsBlessed: 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2023
Uziyl:

Exactly my case. I'll like to know too as I want to start my renewal latest next week.

Please if you got answer to this question let me know too 🙌
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Levels1(m): 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2023
Uziyl:

Sure very possible.

You go to Abuja with your relevant documents such as nin , court affidavit and a letter stating the reason for the change. Is going to cost you around 50+ anyways
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Uziyl(m): 4:11pm On Dec 22, 2023
Levels1:

Sure very possible.

You go to Abuja with your relevant documents such as nin , court affidavit and a letter stating the reason for the change. Is going to cost you around 50+ anyways

This is sounding a lot more stressful than I imagined sad
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Levels1(m): 4:19pm On Dec 22, 2023
Uziyl:

This is sounding a lot more stressful than I imagined sad

You can only do such change at Abuja.

And if you are lucky it will be done within 6months you applied otherwise na a year plus ooo.

I equally intend doing same but when I see all the stress and money involved , I jejely change the name on my nin and the date of birth on my bvn to correspond with others
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Andychinedu: 4:48pm On Dec 22, 2023
Finally, I have my passport 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Andychinedu: 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2023
ekitimanalways:

DIY is easy but it depends on the passport office. Alausa Passport Office, Ikeja is DIY friendly.
You are right it depends on the Centre… Anyways, I collected my passport and the total expense was around 30k for everything…🤷🏽‍♂️
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by RosyIsBlessed: 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2023
Levels1:

Sure very possible.

Are you sure of this? This one they are trying to make this seamless. Why will it take this stressful process?

Can someone else confirm this?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Levels1(m): 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2023
RosyIsBlessed:

Are you sure of this? This one they are trying to make this seamless. Why will it take this stressful process?

Can someone else confirm this?

I won't be saying what I don't know.

Ready what I wrote.

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (831) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.