Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. (985 Views)

Relationships On Instagram(pics) / Can One Genuinely Fall In Love With A Rebound? / Relationships On The Rebound. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by DonEse125(f): 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2008
Seeing as there's a whole new set of peeps on NL,i decided 2 repost this thread. A friend of mine got into a r/shp wit a girl who had just come out of a serious r/ship dat went bad. At first she wasnt interested in a r/shp. But my friend was persistent and they hooked up. He wantd a casual r/shp too at first,but den as weeks,months went by,he fell in luv wit her. Abt 6 months into their r/shp,she calld it quits,said he was just d rebound guy and he was a part of the chap of her life dat she wantd 2 close. She remained adamant,even wen he tld her dat he loved her and dat he was diff 4rm d guy who broke her heart. 2 cut d long story short,she didnt budge and she cut him off completely. Rite now,he's disillusioned. My questions r:hav u eva been in a rebound r/shp? How did it feel like? Do u hav any advice that can help him get her back,or wld u rather he moves on wit his life?
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by Sauron1: 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2008
Don_Ese125:

Seeing as there's a whole new set of peeps on NL,i decided 2 repost this thread. A friend of mine got into a r/shp wit a girl who had just come out of a serious r/ship that went bad. At first she wasnt interested in a r/shp. But my friend was persistent and they hooked up. He wantd a casual r/shp too at first,but den as weeks,months went by,he fell in love wit her. about 6 months into their r/shp,she calld it quits,said he was just d rebound guy and he was a part of the chap of her life that she wantd 2 close. She remained adamant,even when he tld her that he loved her and that he was diff from d guy who broke her heart. 2 cut d long story short,she didnt budge and she cut him off completely. Rite now,he's disillusioned. My questions r:hav u eva been in a rebound r/shp? How did it feel like? Do u hav any advice that can help him get her back,or would u rather he moves on wit his life?

Tell him to seek vengeance and do the same thing with anutha woman.
Tit for tat. . . . . .Fair exchange is no robbery.
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by DonEse125(f): 9:18pm On Nov 17, 2008
Haha. Arent we trying 2 be productive here. Besides,he's still in lu8 with her.
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by DonEse125(f): 9:19pm On Nov 17, 2008
I meant luv. Typo.
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by Sauron1: 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2008
Don_Ese125:

Haha. Arent we trying 2 be productive here. Besides,he's still in lu8 with her.

He should smell the coffee and consider the babe as one of the losses of his life.
Your friend should MAN UP and start claiming victims.
For everytime his heart gets smashed, he must break 8 hearts.
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by KarmaMod(f): 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2008
Sauron is 55 and still single

so ignore him

Tell your friend that he needs to move on. The funny thing about all this is had he not "eventually fallen in love with her", she'd be the one that'd be in this mess.

The gods are definitely on her side.
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by tope2000(f): 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2008
~Sauron~:

He should smell the coffee and consider the babe as one of the losses of his life.
Your friend should MAN UP and start claiming victims.
For everytime his heart gets smashed, he must break 8 hearts.

Shaaaarap dia grin

@TOPIC
I havent been in that postion before but i think the girl should have been honest with him from get-go cool
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by Sauron1: 9:30pm On Nov 17, 2008
KarmaMod:

Sauron is 55 and still single

so ignore him

55?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
U don't even know the exact age, i am 60!!!

tope2000:

Shaaaarap dia grin

The feminists are here already!!!
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by tope2000(f): 9:35pm On Nov 17, 2008
@sauron
LOL . . . . . . .So what are u, if i am a feminist? misogynist ?
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by Sauron1: 9:37pm On Nov 17, 2008
tope2000:

@sauron
LOL . . . . . . .So what are u, if i am a feminist? misogynist ?

I am a REALIST.
A guy(innocent) just got his heart blown to bits and y'all are advising him to move on just like that??
How about the law of KARMA(an eye for an eye or an eye for 8 eyes grin grin).
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by tope2000(f): 9:42pm On Nov 17, 2008
@sauron
i didnt say he shud move on cuz it isnt easy like that, if u read my post properly u'll see i didnt support the girl wink
Laws of karma is not eye 4 an eye, its more like u'll reap what u sow undecided
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by Sauron1: 9:46pm On Nov 17, 2008
tope2000:

@sauron
i didnt say he should move on because it isnt easy like that, if u read my post properly u'll see i didnt support the girl wink
Laws of karma is not eye 4 an eye, its more like u'll reap what u sow undecided

Okay.
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2008
@ Topic

Does she own a car??

He should go smash it up or even burn it.

Does he have access to her wardrobe??

He should go pour bleach or per oxide on her clothes

Does she own a cat??

He should kill it.

Does she own an apartment??

He should trash it.

Does he own a gun??    Hasta la vista babe

AWWWW!!!!   angry    angry        
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by tope2000(f): 9:50pm On Nov 17, 2008
~Sauron~:

Okay.

shocked shocked shocked
u said Okay shocked
i must kill goat today cheesy
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by Sauron1: 9:51pm On Nov 17, 2008
tope2000:

shocked shocked shocked
u said Okay shocked
i must kill goat today cheesy

Kill a COW.
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by StephenP(m): 9:51pm On Nov 17, 2008
Sucks for him. Well he knew what it was going to be before the relationship started so he shouldn't have put his heart into it.
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by tope2000(f): 9:52pm On Nov 17, 2008
excatly wink
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by chika98: 10:07pm On Nov 17, 2008
Not the guys fault that he fell in love with her. I hope and pray that he can move on from this. Time and a new love will take care of it.
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by StephenP(m): 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2008
chika98:

Not the guys fault that he fell in love with her. I hope and pray that he can move on from this. Time and a new love will take care of it.

If a girl told me at the beginning of our relationship that it was casual, I would be extra cautious and make sure I don't fall in love.
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by chika98: 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2008
StephenP:

If a girl told me at the beginning of our relationship that it was casual, I would be extra cautious and make sure I don't fall in love.

Sometimes you just can't help it.
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by StephenP(m): 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2008
chika98:

Sometimes you just can't help it.

I think in a way we choose who we want to fall in love with.
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by chika98: 10:13pm On Nov 17, 2008
StephenP:

I think in a way we choose who we want to fall in love with.

Maybe she lead him on. You never know
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by StephenP(m): 10:21pm On Nov 17, 2008
chika98:

Maybe she lead him on. You never know

As the poster said, he was the one who wanted a relationship while she refused eventually she made it clear that it was casual. He brought it whatever heartache he's feeling now on himself.
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by KarmaMod(f): 10:57pm On Nov 17, 2008
He wantd a casual r/shp too at first,but den as weeks,months went by,he fell in love wit her.

You people dont know the difference between he and she abi wetin?

HE wanted it as a causal fling, he eventually fell in love. Luckily the girl woke up and ran away

where did "she said it was causal from the beginning" come from?
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by chika98: 10:58pm On Nov 17, 2008
Lmao grin
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by StephenP(m): 11:06pm On Nov 17, 2008
KarmaMod:

You people don't know the difference between he and she abi wetin?

HE wanted it as a causal fling, he eventually fell in love. Luckily the girl woke up and ran away

where did "she said it was causal from the beginning" come from?

He wanted it too. Meaning someone had to have wanted it first for him to want it too.
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by DonEse125(f): 7:35am On Nov 18, 2008
Like stevie said,she did make it clear dat she wasnt interested in a serious r/shp,she was just coming out of a bad one. The only reason they hooked up was because he was persistent. He knew from the get-go that she didnt want a serious r/shp,and he was cool wit dat. He certainly didnt plan on fallin in luv wit her,but u cant control love,it just happens. And to tink i'd bn hoping he'd find luv wit some1. He's had some bad experiences wit luv and he's kind of steered clear of any serious entanglement,then nw dat he's finally fallen in luv,he has 2 deal wit all dat wahala.As much as i want to hate her for hurting him,i simply cant,because she's not rily a bad person,she's just confused,and scared. Its bn a couple of months since d breakup,but he stil loves her,and it breaks my heart 2 see him like dat. She made him happy,and i want dat 4 him,because he's been thru a lot and he deserves 2 be happy.so,can y'all pls share som constructive advice?
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by DonEse125(f): 6:37pm On Nov 18, 2008
Where is evrybody?
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by sistawoman: 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2008
@ topic,

I once started dating someone that did not tell me they were just out of a r/s, but I soon found out when i started asking all the ?'s. You know the when where you in a r/s last? How did it end? How long ago was it?

Then when I called to talk to him and his voice mail picked up and message said "Rose and I cant come to the phone leave us a message" I knew i was just going to be a rebound.

He tried to tell me he was over her but it was only 3 wks between her and I and his message had not been changed. I saw the warning signs and got out right away.

Your friend should pay attention, ask the right questions and move on quickly.

BTW stop over at food and give me some ideas. . . Please
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by DonEse125(f): 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2008
To a certain extent,he knew he was gonna b a rebound r/ship,and he was ok wit dat,but den he fell in luv wit her.
Re: Relationships On The Rebound-pt 2. by iice(f): 3:14am On Nov 21, 2008
Agree with Stephen.

(1) (Reply)

What Do U Do About This Type Of Girl? / This Romantic Pix Got Me Chuckling. / Ladies, How Much Older Can You Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.