Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees (3131 Views)

List Of States Yet To Get Ministerial Nominees / Umaru Musa Yar'adua (16 August 1951 – 5 May 2010) May His Soul Rest In Peace / See What Really Killed Sani Abacha & President Umaru Yar'adua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by snazzy82(m): 8:24am On Nov 18, 2008
Egwu, Lukman, Akunyili top ministerial nominees list
President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua has sent 13 ministerial nominees to the Senate for screening and confirmation as members of the Federal Executive Council. The list is seven less than the number of ministers he relieved of their appointments about three weeks ago.

Prominent among the list, which is likely to be read on the floor of the Senate today, are former governor of Ebonyi State, Dr. Sam Egwu, who contested for the position of national chairman of the Peoples Democratic party, former special adviser on Petroleum Matters to former President Olusegun Obasanjo Dr. Rilwanu Lukman and Director General of NAFDAC, Professor Dora Akunyili.

Bode Augusto from Lagos, and Achike Udenwa from Imo State are also on the list. Others in the list are Senator Gada from Sokoto State, Dr. Shettima Mustapha, Alhaji Ibrahim Lame, a former member of PDP National Working Committee and one Arc. Bunu Uwais from Kaduna State. It was not clear if the Senator Gada is the current serving senator or the former one who left the Senate in 2007.

As at the time of filing this report, it was gathered that President Yar’Adua was scheduled to meet with the leadership of the Senate last night over the list that is seen as far lower than the number of ministers that were sacked.
It was not, however, clear if the list is going to be in piece meal or if the president is planning to have a trim number of ministers.

igbo man(SAM EGWU) is nearer to the presidential seat

Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by asha80(m): 10:32am On Nov 18, 2008
Instead of looking for professionals to man these ministerial posts Yaradull is fowarding names of politicians(apart from Akunyili) and we say we are progressing. angryIn fact this country is finished.
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 18, 2008
Nigeria has been scammed and yaradua is clearly a fraud.
Can you imagine Lukman, Egwu and Udenwa toping the list?

When udenwa was the gov of Imo state, he was asked what he has been able to do for his state and his response was that he attracted "mr biggs" to Owerri.
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by Nigeria4: 3:18pm On Nov 18, 2008
I have to agree with most of you for the first time. The list shows that president Yar Adua govt  has no real motive to move Nigeria forward. It shows that Yar Adua government would be a failure. And that the PDP if an election was called today would loss the the election.

Lukumon lack the knowledge in electrical engineering to position NEPA forward. 2. Lukumon summited a report to President Yar Adua telling him that Nigeria govt should still control electricity. It shows Lukumon is living in 1940. The man is old to face what modern economy is. Even the USA had to look for a young obama that knows how to use the internet.

I tell you if Yar Adua does not withdrawn his list from the senate. Yar Adua govt would be the worst in the history of Nigeria.  You need Nigeria abroad to help you move towards the future. I would advice adam oshimole to pick some people from abroad in is govt ,  And you would see Edo state be transform.

I honestly pity you people in Nigeria your suffering continue.

How do you reform Nigeria,  Is it with people with idea or people who just want just to bear the name MR MINISTER. What do nigeria want. The problem with Yar Adua is that Yar Adua is an "Ije Butter"  And he does not know what Nigerian want. his father was minister in the 60's. So Yar Adua have never gone through the suffering of the people of Nigeria. I think the house should return the list to him.  Now even if Yar Adua is an "Ije butter"  ,  Jonathan is "ije cassava"   If bro Jona as he is popularly called, who is an Ije cassava does not know what Nigerian want.  Bro Jona you disgrace man. You see the list,  you know shout. You sit down there. Sho! which kind wahala be this,  At least we all don see you eat popo garri before. behave like boys from the area,  You don forget when you they eat popo garri and fish. Commot dey tell Umaru make he return the list quickly,  Una go loss next election. I swar, una go loss. Una combination of ministers. na 1 + 1 is 17,   na basket,   

Sho una don give AC winning ticket,  Bro Jona, you better start to pack your load small small come village. This your oga ministers list na failure.  I know dey tell you lie. na 4 years of ZERO for nigerian,  like hausa man go says wahala. Tell your Ije butter friend,  So make him carry the list commot.  bring first eleven or start to pack your load come village.
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by toiletRol: 3:24pm On Nov 18, 2008
Asha - Nuzo - Nigeria

All prophets of doom - one say Nigeria is finished - one say him pity people living in Nigeria. What is your solution, or you are simply part of the empty barrels who stay from afar to make the loudest noise about their country?

As if you have a magic wand to do better than those appointed - loud mouths.
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by Nigeria4: 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2008
know it is not an issue of loud mouth. I have a solution. it is about welfare of the people of Nigeria. I would tell you it is an area I know about. I do not have the time. I am telling you I can lead Nigeria to greatest. It is all about vision and passion.
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by toiletRol: 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2008
Nigeria1//:

know it is not an issue of loud mouth. I have a solution. it is about welfare of the people of Nigeria. I would tell you it is an area I know about. I do not have the time. I am telling you I can lead Nigeria to greatest. It is all about vision and passion.

Story teller.
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by Nigeria4: 3:37pm On Nov 18, 2008
No look at it this way. Even the USA had to humble itself to Pick a president Obama with 4 shoes. It tell you the days we are, is changing.

Look I tell you. I would beat Yar Adua in katsina state in a free and fair election . Why do I say so. It is about knowing what the man on the street want. And I can relate very well with the man on the street of katsina. I have to go.
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2008
toilet_Rol:

Asha - Nuzo - Nigeria

All prophets of doom - one say Nigeria is finished - one say him pity people living in Nigeria. What is your solution, or you are simply part of the empty barrels who stay from afar to make the loudest noise about their country?

As if you have a magic wand to do better than those appointed - loud mouths.

Sharraaap there, you block headed nigerian zombie.
How long are going to be fooled before you get that the joke is on you and your fellow dumb nigerians?

Yaradua picked the failed Udenwa, egwu and lukman above all the proved and tested professionals in their states and you expect people to keep quiet. Egwu and udenwa served as governors in their various states for 8 years and has nothing to show for it.
What do you think these guys are going to be doing in their various ministries?

I mean, do you actually expect people to keep shut over this intentional mistake?
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by asha80(m): 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2008
@toilet rol
So in your mind achike udenwa a.k.a onwu imo,sam egwu,lukman,sherrif and others(except akunyili) are the people you think that can make impact in this administration? grin
For your information i just left owerri in august where i have been living for the past 28 years so at least i know udenwa like the palm of my hands.
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by McKren(m): 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2008
At this rate we will so reshuffle the reshuffled cabinet.

That way the news media will be busy without the Presidency achieving anything fundamental

By 2011 President Yar'adua will announce that he left excess of 20billion in the federation account and for that reason deserves a second term. Why wont he have excess when he has not done anything in terms of roads, hospitals, schools.

Anybody still in doubt how Yar'adua saved 6billion for Katsina
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by Tornadoz(m): 6:53pm On Nov 18, 2008
Haba the same recycled politicians? The only name missing from the proposed cabinet is Obasanjo.
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by MaiSuya(m): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2008
Tornadoz:

Haba the same recycled politicians? The only name missing from the proposed cabinet is Obasanjo.

true dat!!! wink

furthermore, I believe Akunyili should not get herself enmeshed in the murky waters of Nigerian politics. With her hard-earned reputation intact so far, I think she should humbly reject the offer.
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by azorjiu(m): 7:53pm On Nov 18, 2008
Nigeria, Nigeria! Cry the beloved country!

So it took Yar Adua 6 months to come up the names of Egwu, Udenwa, etc?
Very Poor attempt.
Very sad.
What he is implying is that nigeria lacks credible leaders.
Where are the El Rufai's of Obasanjo administration, the Okonjo Iweala's, the Ribadu's etc?

" Our fathers' minds are dead and we are governed with our mothers' spirit".
Eight years to be wasted by Mr - go- slow.
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by bawomolo(m): 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2008
furthermore, I believe Akunyili should not get herself enmeshed in the murky waters of Nigerian politics. With her hard-earned reputation intact so far, I think she should humbly reject the offer.

how can nigeria become a great country if good people shy away from politics undecided
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by grafikdon: 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2008
Sam Egwu and Udenwa shocked shocked shocked . . . LMAO! This dullard of a Sharia apologist has a diseased sense of humour. This is so ridiculous it is painful.
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by Mustay(m): 8:53pm On Nov 18, 2008
Mai Suya:

true that!!! wink

I bet you didn't see Akunyili folllow yar adua during his campaign last year.
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by MaiSuya(m): 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2008
Mustay:

I bet you didn't see Akunyili folllow yar adua during his campaign last year.

Really? but come to think of it, I suppose her name wouldn't found its way into that coveted list without her tacit approval. Hmmm, interesting. . . .
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by Mustay(m): 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2008
It's a nomination list.

Offer can be accepted or rejected.
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by idupaul: 11:12pm On Nov 18, 2008
i have FINALLY lost hope in yar adua, the man has nothing to offer, naijas fate has neva been worse
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by snazzy82(m): 7:36am On Nov 19, 2008
Our president is a graduate,i wonder y he has abandoned his fellow suffering teachers.Y didnt he choose some good vice chancellors/Profs to help in d improvement of our education standard.
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 19, 2008
snazzy82:

Our president is a graduate,i wonder y he has abandoned his fellow suffering teachers.Y didnt he choose some good vice chancellors/Profs to help in d improvement of our education standard.

You are no different from egwu, udenwa, sherrif and the usually corrupt nigerian populace if you think that the post of a minister is a position one can use to alleviate his poverty and amass wealth. undecided
Besides, the criminals in the list use to also be his colleague; they were even closer and very recent for that matter. grin
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by snazzy82(m): 8:27am On Nov 19, 2008
@nuzo, [quote][/quote]
what are u now saying b/c from ur thread, u have no point, i m one of them and also they r closer to him as friends so wat r u sayin?

Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 19, 2008
Do you really think that this baba alaye will trade his position in NURTW's moto park with all the kaika and female child hawkers that goes with such position to speaking long grammar and strangling himself in an oversize suit or agbada parachute in Abuja?
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by goodass(m): 11:33am On Nov 19, 2008
anoda recycling list = biz as usual. 1 doesnt av 2b a profet 2 know we r ffwding in d reverse. wat av ds pple got 2 contribute aside NDLEA woman and d NACA prof?

n wt no portfolios attached 2d list, wat kinda screening is d NASS gonna do? ask general/blanket qqs or berra still 'take-a-bow n leave' lyk d previous set of ministers?

until we remove ds nonsense quota system n chop-n-chop syndrom, we goin nowhere but bakwards. wind of change is blowin but na ill wind dey blow 4 9ja. 2 bad
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by smile4kenn(m): 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2008
we have innovative youths that can make a change, instead these old poliicians still wanna be ministers
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by Moves: 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2008
And Yet people wonder why there will never be an Obama in nigeria, same old same old- Atleast Obasanjo with all his evils had the ability to choose some good candidate; There are loads of nigerian professionals technocrats making their marks all over the world the for mr go slow to select failed jobbers with no prior antecedent warranting their selection. When we start celebrating ideas-knowledge rather ghana must go bags then nigeria can move forward.
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by DisGuy: 7:35pm On Nov 19, 2008
smile4kenn:

we have innovative youths that can make a change, instead these old poliicians still want to be ministers

like who?? to be honest we've had several 'list your favourite blah blah'politician/technocrat' on this site and you'll notice its difficult to list up to ten people either politicians or professionals
Re: President Umaru Musa Yar’adua Has Sent 13 Ministerial Nominees by princekevo(m): 8:14pm On Nov 19, 2008
Nigeria We hail thee, What can we say?Its really unfortunate that yours own children are preparing to send you to your early grave.Another list of undertakers has been released,God i hope you are watching from heaven.
Anyways am not suprised abt wht is happening coz only in Nigeria i see that people does not desire for change but backwardness.I Knew PDP was on their last mission to Bury Nigeria finally and am seeing it comig to past.They will still win a second term in office, ofcoz if they could win last election after 8 years of nothing to show it.

(1) (Reply)

More Pictures Of The Kano Riots / You Have To Break Up Nigeria Into 5 Countries For There Not To Be War. Picture / Azare, In Bauchi State, Is Under Attack Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.