Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Winner Of Mtn’s “win An Aeroplane” Promo 2 Years Later! Suitors.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Winner Of Mtn’s “win An Aeroplane” Promo 2 Years Later! Suitors.. (1351 Views)

Buhari Orders Re-negotiation Of Mtn’s N780bn Fine / INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election / NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Winner Of Mtn’s “win An Aeroplane” Promo 2 Years Later! Suitors.. by Gluckdude(m): 3:44am On Oct 29, 2014
Ebube Gladys Essien-Garricks was a 27 year old student when her life changed forever!
She chose N64 million instead of a plane from MTN, and she hasn’t looked back since
YNaija caught up with the Malaysia based winner to talk about her suitors, studies & of course how she spent the money.
ebube-garricks-birthday

Ebube at her 29th Birthday Celebration on October 3
How the ‘win’ was celebrated
It was really an amazing thing that happened to me, I’m yet to get over the excitement. Not any one can be lucky like I was and I am still very grateful to God. My family threw me a party to celebrate but it was an in-house thing, it wasn’t an elaborate one, just private family celebration. We didn’t invite outsiders to avoid being kidnapped, lol.

You have been off the radar, why is that?
Yes and that’s because I am presently studying business information system in Malaysia. I left Nigeria in May, 2013.
But you were already studying at the Rivers State College of Health Science and Technology
Yes but I had to quit, I couldn’t go back to complete my studies because the whole winning incident made me popular in school, everyone would point at me, try to be friends with me and all….. I was known all over which the school and I had to leave for security reasons, I didn’t feel safe.

After paying your tithe offering, what was the first thing you bought from the money?

I let it breathe fresh air in the bank, then I bought lots of land…I didn’t acquire houses or cars because that is not the main thing for now, moreover I’m not available to look over them so I settled for lands, it’s a safer investment. I would acquire the other properties with time.
And your parents?
I have settled my parents and I am taking good care of them but let me point out that we were doing okay even before I won the money; we had our own family house before then too.

You didn’t go shopping at all…get new stuffs, change your wardrobe?
Yes I did. I changed my wardrobe, bought new stuffs for me and my family but I’m not a shopping freak.

What has changed about you since the win?
Nothing much. I am still the humble me, the person I used to be. The money doesn’t make me misbehave because God detests the proud.
Let’s talk about your love life. After you won the money, you said you had lots of toasters… Hahahaha it gave me headache. They all came because of the money you know…many of them got my contact from my sisters, they would call me to make empty promises, one of them even went as far as saying he’ll build a big house for my mum and also take me abroad, imagine!
ebube-garricks3
They went as far as calling to ask my parents if I am married…but it’s all good now, since I relocated here, everything has died down.
I am now in a relationship and I will get married in due season.

Would you return to Nigeria after your studies or settle fully in Malaysia?
I will only visit. I am working on being an international business woman, but don’t ask me what I intend supplying, lol.
So have you exhausted all the N64 million?
Haba, no not really, I still have some left.
Any advise to the Nigerian youths
Youths should be patient and wait for their time, God’s time is the best, thank you!

for more visit:
http://darlingtonblog.com/2014/10/29/winner-of-mtns-win-an-aeroplane-promo-2-years-later-suitors-studies-how-she-spent-the-money/

Re: Winner Of Mtn’s “win An Aeroplane” Promo 2 Years Later! Suitors.. by seunlayi(m): 4:19am On Oct 29, 2014
good to hear from her. that means MTN is real

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winner Of Mtn’s “win An Aeroplane” Promo 2 Years Later! Suitors.. by Nobody: 4:42am On Oct 29, 2014
Wen mtn cant dash 50k na 64million dem go dash You? Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Winner Of Mtn’s “win An Aeroplane” Promo 2 Years Later! Suitors.. by echobee(f): 4:55am On Oct 29, 2014
HugeCock:
Wen mtn cant dash 50k na 64million dem go dash You? Nonsense.
Mtn ke shocked shocked shocked shocked. I dont believe dat story
Re: Winner Of Mtn’s “win An Aeroplane” Promo 2 Years Later! Suitors.. by Trut(m): 4:59am On Oct 29, 2014
Adonbilivit
Re: Winner Of Mtn’s “win An Aeroplane” Promo 2 Years Later! Suitors.. by successking401(m): 5:03am On Oct 29, 2014
#Idonberiefit
Re: Winner Of Mtn’s “win An Aeroplane” Promo 2 Years Later! Suitors.. by lonelydora: 5:05am On Oct 29, 2014
So finally.
Re: Winner Of Mtn’s “win An Aeroplane” Promo 2 Years Later! Suitors.. by eunisam: 5:23am On Oct 29, 2014
you get your fortune in Nigeria, the next thing you leave Nigeria and settle else where to enjoy the fortune.9ja done suffer chai.
Re: Winner Of Mtn’s “win An Aeroplane” Promo 2 Years Later! Suitors.. by yousee(m): 5:47am On Oct 29, 2014
Mtn just dash you the money come allow you disappear just like that?
No billboard, no advert, no appearances on mtn shows, because, I know mtn can shakara. A whole 60 mill plus... shocked
And you just waka go? No terms and conditions?

Enjoy your money jare.

*in akpors' voice* " is your time"
Re: Winner Of Mtn’s “win An Aeroplane” Promo 2 Years Later! Suitors.. by emmansy(m): 7:26am On Oct 29, 2014
Who is that girl and what is her name?! Didn't hear about the promo cos I was schooling in France undecided lipsrsealed ... Do u know if Mtn will do d promo again this year before I travel back to France?
Re: Winner Of Mtn’s “win An Aeroplane” Promo 2 Years Later! Suitors.. by eightsin(m): 7:37am On Oct 29, 2014
I pray say stingy mtn dash only one person 60mil plus. Fraudsters

(1) (Reply)

Col. Sambo Dasuki And Lieutenant General Aliyu Mohammed Gusau Should Be Fired / Bomb Blast Vs Goodluck Jonathan / Jonathan Uncovered!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.