Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance (12987 Views)

Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG / GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by Abagworo(m): 11:28pm On Apr 27, 2013
“The controversial aircraft on the service of Governor Rotimi Amaechi is operating illegally in the country” Mr Nkemakolam said. “The aircraft, a bombardier –BD700, global express with registration no N565 RS has its clearance approval expired since Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013.”

He continued, “By our records, the last flight clearance for this aircraft was approved for operation on Thursday, March 28, 2013 on Accra-PH –Accra and to terminate on April 2, 2013. With this development, the aircraft has exceeded the extra two days or 48 hours leeway for it to leave the country.”

The NCAA boss further noted that “while still operating illegally, the aircraft has been sighted in several places including Owerri and Akure.”

“The owner of this aircraft according to the certificate of registration is Bank of Utah, trustee of Salt Lake City, Utah USA. The clearance for the aircraft was sought by Caverton Helicopters on March 27, 2013. Consequently, this aircraft in reference is hereby grounded at any airport that is located right now in the country.”

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/131640-fg-bans-governor-amaechis-aircraft-from-flying-in-nigeria.html
Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by Abagworo(m): 11:44pm On Apr 27, 2013
I think this is getting childish.

4 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 27, 2013
Nothing can be more 'childish' than a PDP governor from the Niger Delta engaging in arm-wrestling and muscle-flexing with the president. All is fair in love and war.

9 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by slimghost(m): 12:01am On Apr 28, 2013
Abagworo: I think this is getting childish.

I thought you guys berate the GEJ for being lawless? Now he is doing things rightly according to laid down rules and you guys are complaining again. Bloody hypocrites. Anyway Mr Amaechi, enjoy ur wrestling with the spirits

26 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by Dibiachukwu: 1:15am On Apr 28, 2013
Dont fu.c.k with the president grin

7 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by MrGlobe(m): 1:38am On Apr 28, 2013
where is Rhino (ceros)? Amaechi will be clipped of his arrogance so much that he will crawl on his knees. He thinks this is Rivers state where he lords over everybody.

3 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by Kairoseki77: 1:41am On Apr 28, 2013
slimghost:

I thought you guys berate the GEJ for being lawless? Now he is doing things rightly according to laid down rules and you guys are complaining again. Bloody hypocrites. Anyway Mr Amaechi, enjoy ur wrestling with the spirits

Sounds like corruption to me.

The President should have absolutely no influence on the aviation regulators unless it is a matter of national security.

Jonathan just doesn't want the man to fly around the country meeting with the opposition.

6 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by gunuvi(m): 1:44am On Apr 28, 2013
GEJ, you are taking this too far. Relax, remember, no one knows tomorrow. Ask Gadaffi, Ben Alli etc
Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by tpia5: 2:12am On Apr 28, 2013
politics, lhm.
Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by inquisitiv: 2:25am On Apr 28, 2013
When u are a leader and u meet people like Amaechi ( Arrogant, disloyal, troublesome and unfortunately with control over resources) u crush them. U clip their wings and defeather them. Such men are stupid in their ambition and a little platform makes them feel they can challenge everybody. The president's men must make sure Amaechi is brought to his knees. He must beg and most importantly, must not be forgiven. Set his backyard on fire and attack him from all side. He wants politics, he must be fed a plate full of politics.

19 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by MrGlobe(m): 3:14am On Apr 28, 2013
inquisitiv: When u are a leader and u meet people like Amaechi ( Arrogant, disloyal, troublesome and unfortunately with control over resources) u crush them. U clip their wings and defeather them. Such men are stupid in their ambition and a little platform makes them feel they can challenge everybody. The president's men must make sure Amaechi is brought to his knees. He must beg and most importantly, must not be forgiven. Set his backyard on fire and attack him from all side. He wants politics, he must be fed a plate full of politics.
Enough said!!!! It's actually funny he had to take his arrogance outside Rivers State where the people are timid. I really don't have a problem with Amaechi's affront on Jonathan. I have a problem with his arrogance.
Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by CyberG: 3:59am On Apr 28, 2013
inquisitiv: When u are a leader and u meet people like Amaechi ( Arrogant, disloyal, troublesome and unfortunately with control over resources) u crush them. U clip their wings and defeather them. Such men are stupid in their ambition and a little platform makes them feel they can challenge everybody. The president's men must make sure Amaechi is brought to his knees. He must beg and most importantly, must not be forgiven. Set his backyard on fire and attack him from all side. He wants politics, he must be fed a plate full of politics.

Really? I don't give a hoot abou Amaechi but your retardeen is definitely playing your script. However, when 20 wins one way, 30 comes back to gobble the earlier 20 - an adage of the elders. The retardeen is desperate and wants to curtail any opportunities for others to strategize for 2015. Win or lose that election, he is already a loser in th history books of Nigeria. Even Sanni Abacha will have more honor than him in the end!

10 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by MMotimo: 4:14am On Apr 28, 2013
Looks like the gloves are coming off
Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by MrGlobe(m): 4:29am On Apr 28, 2013
CyberG:

Really? I don't give a hoot abou Amaechi but your retardeen is definitely playing your script. However, when 20 wins one way, 30 comes back to gobble the earlier 20 - an adage of the elders. The retardeen is desperate and wants to curtail any opportunities for others to strategize for 2015. Win or lose that election, he is already a loser in th history books of Nigeria. Even Sanni Abacha will have more honor than him in the end!
who cares. You probably know nothing about politics. You should go take more lessons from Tinubu

1 Like

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by mej67: 4:34am On Apr 28, 2013
This may all be politics, but it does throw light into the larger issue of misplacement of priorities by our States. From available records, only few States in the country are financially viable, able to run their affairs from own revenue. Yet, many governments find the flimsiest of excuses to engage in frivolities while their citizens wallow in poverty and high unemployment.

The Rivers government should have retained (and will soon have no otion but to retain) the services of a private charter aircraft and save itself the brouhaha plus save tonnes of money for Rivers people. The fixed monthly salary of the pilot(s) and crew, plus daily parking charges for the plane (whether it flies or not) will by far outweigh the charge for flights from a private charter operate; even before considering the procurement value of the craft and maintenance!

Try this: average cost of chartered aircraft at N1.5m. How often (out of 365days in a year) does the governor fly (not equal to times he travels because not all locations he travels to have airports)? 30%, or 40% or 50% (I doubt), gives N164.25m, N219m and N273.75m. Now compare these to running a full-fledged airline in government house or a Ministry of Flights(or Aircrafts)

At the current rate, I won’t be surprised if soon, local government heads begin to buy planes too. All in a country where a much higher percentage of it’s population are quoted to be living below $2 per day. Big shame!

13 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by omenka(m): 6:15am On Apr 28, 2013
They can go at eachother with fists for all I care! They are both extremely corrupt and we will be better off with both of them cooling off their heels permanently in kirikiri.

5 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by FrankC3: 6:21am On Apr 28, 2013
If our errors are all counted, nobody will stand. Forget the hypocrisy. If Amaechi is to be singled out and the laws fully applied on him, i can assure you that he will be so frustrated.
Consider the prevailing situation. If the laws are to be obeyed, that aircraft should not have left Akure that night unless NCAA does not know what it knows now.
Amaechi should relax, come back home, make concessions and get reintegrated. He cannot win this fight. You cannot fight a sitting President in his own backyard, even if you must, you should not be caught. Forget that GEJ is the mild type, were the positions be swapped, Amaechi would have ran GEJ out of Nigeria by now. Now, we are just talking about his transportation logistics. What happens when other agencies of the state joins the game, which they will happily do cos everyone will like to be noticed by the President.
Even a sick Yar'Adua rand El-rufai and Ribadu out of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by Nobody: 6:41am On Apr 28, 2013
Abeg someone who knows Amaechi by heart and loves him so much should please advise him to stop using his private Jet for now because what happened to Azzazi might happen to him. I can't believe Jonathan could be this daft and silly to engage in a battle with a Governor because of his selfish ambition to run for presidency in 2015.If anything happens to Amaechi, rivers people and Ikwerre in particular will never forgive Jonathan. Instead of intensifying efforts to win election by providing dividends of democracy to the people, Jonathan is busy chasing his so called enemies. Sorry for you Mr President! You are no better than a MILITARY DICTATOR!

10 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by Rhino5dm: 7:01am On Apr 28, 2013
Mr. Globe:
where is Rhino (ceros)? Amaechi will be clipped of his arrogance so much that he will crawl on his knees. He thinks this is Rivers state where he lords over everybody.

Jonathan has finally shot himself! So, banning the aircraft will stop Ameachi from flying? This is a man that delivered a record 1.8 million votes to Jonathan. A man with over 30 billion naira monthly allocations at his disposal, A lord that controls Rivers State to the last millimeter.

Let me said this for this last time, Ameachi is not your local Timipreye - Sylva like sissy politician that can be threaten to chicken out.

What next? Stopping the allocation of Rivers State like the way obj did to Lagos under Tinubu? Or sending EFCC to start clamping on Rivers State commissioners.

This fight marked the beginning of the end of Jonathan's 2015. Walahi, I'm enjoying your weak punchlines.

3 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by Rhino5dm: 7:06am On Apr 28, 2013
berem: Abeg someone who knows Amaechi by heart and loves him so much should please advise him to stop using his private Jet for now because what happened to Azzazi might happen to him. I can't believe Jonathan could be this daft and silly to engage in a battle with a Governor because of his selfish ambition to run for presidency in 2015.If anything happens to Amaechi, rivers people and Ikwerre in particular will never forgive Jonathan. Instead of intensifying efforts to win election by providing dividends of democracy to the people, Jonathan is busy chasing his so called enemies. Sorry for you Mr President! You are no better than a MILITARY DICTATOR!

There you have it cool.
Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 28, 2013
The fg that has been banning and unbanning dana air, that has overseen the demise of the aviation industry, is suddenly ' concerned about ' aircraft documentation'
Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by MrGlobe(m): 7:08am On Apr 28, 2013
berem: Abeg someone who knows Amaechi by heart and loves him so much should please advise him to stop using his private Jet for now because what happened to Azzazi might happen to him. I can't believe Jonathan could be this daft and silly to engage in a battle with a Governor because of his selfish ambition to run for presidency in 2015.If anything happens to Amaechi, rivers people and Ikwerre in particular will never forgive Jonathan. Instead of intensifying efforts to win election by providing dividends of democracy to the people, Jonathan is busy chasing his so called enemies. Sorry for you Mr President! You are no better than a MILITARY DICTATOR!
bla bla blah. The plane remains grounded. Rivers and foolish ikwerre people will not do Jack!

6 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 28, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

There you have it cool.
wink
Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by MrGlobe(m): 7:18am On Apr 28, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Jonathan has finally shot himself! So, banning the aircraft will stop Ameachi from flying? This is a man that delivered a record 1.8 million votes to Jonathan. A man with over 30 billion naira monthly allocations at his disposal, A lord that controls Rivers State to the last millimeter.

Let me said this for this last time, Ameachi is not your local Timipreye - Sylva like sissy politician that can be threaten to chicken out.

What next? Stopping the allocation of Rivers State like the way obj did to Lagos under Tinubu? Or sending EFCC to start clamping on Rivers State commissioners.

This fight marked the beginning of the end of Jonathan's 2015. Walahi, I'm enjoying your weak punchlines.

The fact that you people underestimate federal might is unbelievable. Peter Odili too was armed with all those allocations too but obasanjo fvcked him up. Who allocates the money to Rivers state? GEJ does not need Amaechi to deliver votes for him. He will sweep south south without any help. Nyesom Wike is there to deliver Rivers. If he needed Amaechi, he wouldn't have hijacked the party from him.
The thing here is that Amaechi has destroyed his political future by himself.

10 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by juman(m): 7:18am On Apr 28, 2013
This is probably a misinformation or a joke.
Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 28, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Amechi did not deliver any votes to Jonath,.Come 2015 he will even get higher no of votes from rivers state

4 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 28, 2013
Mr. Globe:

bla bla blah. The plane remains grounded. Rivers and foolish ikwerre people will not do Jack!
you think so? then let anything happen to Amaechi! Jonathan is about killing the politics of the Southwest by resuscitating a dead party through Fasheun. He has succeeded in killing the politics of the Southeast through his proxy, Peter Obi.

https://www.nairaland.com/1272194/2015-igbo-group-swears-punish#15454358

He now has a rival from the South South and he is uncomfortable with it. If anything happens to Amaechi...... Jonathan be warned!
Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by MrGlobe(m): 7:26am On Apr 28, 2013
berem: you think so? then let anything happen to Amaechi! Jonathan is about killing the politics of the Southwest by resuscitating a dead party through Fasheun. He has succeeded in killing the politics of the Southeast through his proxy, Peter Obi.

https://www.nairaland.com/1272194/2015-igbo-group-swears-punish#15454358

He now has a rival from the South South and he is uncomfortable with it. If anything happens to Amaechi...... Jonathan be warned!
what will you do then? Are you ready to fight? Ngwa tie wrapper. But know that nobody is behind you. Amaechi needs to be taught a lesson. He is too arrogant and he thinks he can take his arrogance out of timid rivers state.

2 Likes

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by Rhino5dm: 7:32am On Apr 28, 2013
chukwudi44:

Amechi did not deliver any votes to Jonath,.Come 2015 he will even get higher no of votes from rivers state

You are too ignorant for my liking. I was in Rivers State during that election, where were you?

1 Like

Re: NCAA Bans Amaechi’s Aeroplane For Non-Clearance by Rhino5dm: 7:37am On Apr 28, 2013
Mr. Globe:

Ikwerre have never done Jack. And they won't do Jack. Mind you Nyesom wike is Ikwerre too. so its 70/30. with 30 for Amaechi.

Nyesom Wike that can't even walk free in his ward? Where are you getting all this bullshit from? Man, it's too early to start smoking crack.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Inherited $63b Debt, Borrowed $10b - Osinbajo / SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... / Why We Won’t Reverse Power Privatisation – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.