Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,356 members, 7,954,445 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:04 PM

I Fear For Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Fear For Rivers State (445 Views)

I Fear Ambode Would Be A Colossal Failure:::::::::::::::::: / I Fear President Buhari May Be Murdered – APC Chieftain / For The Very 1st Time, I Fear For The Unity Of This Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Fear For Rivers State by coolscott(m): 3:46am On Oct 29, 2014
Considering the fact that Gov. Amaechi was fully in the mix of the Rivers State's govt's activities when it was recruiting cultists under Dr. P Odili, I fear that as Amaechi is not on a run of desperation, he will empower these same kinds of people he has helped empower in the past.

It is the cultists of the Odili Administration that ended up becoming militants and hurting the state.

Port Harcourt has not fully recovered since. For e.g, important operations of the British council have been moved to Lagos after an encounter by PH British council staff and kidnappers. This happened years ago during the days of militancy and the British council's decision has not been reverted up till today. The people of the state have to go all the way to Lagos for things they easily obtained in Port-Harcourt before the incident.

I fear that we may have more young miscreants, empowered by our govnr on account of the election season, leaving us with increased cases of robbery/kidnappings afterwards.
Re: I Fear For Rivers State by 2cato: 4:18am On Oct 29, 2014
And that is how they have been empowering touts thieves and street urchins in south west cos of election things.

(1) (Reply)

Cement Price Reduction - Dangote Et Al / GEJ: A Failure Or A Sucess? / BREAKING: Court Frees Alleged Nyanya Bomber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.