Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku (3767 Views)

Buhari Dropped The Mic With A Bang And Walked Out On Chibok Parents – Yesufu / Saraki's Lawyers Walked Out On Tribunal (photos) / Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by izu777: 5:36am On Oct 29, 2014
The former Minister of Information, Mr Labaran Maku who left office recently to pursue gubernatorial ambition in Nasarawa State, told his story during a church thanksgiving service.

Maku’s antics as minister would sure irritate anyone, and in same measure, the peculiar story of his life would excite and inspire you.

With the power of the garb, he put it in his testimony at the church that having walked 14km everyday for about five years of his primary education, it was likely the distance he covered was enough to equal the circumference of the earth...

Source: http://.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/858-i-walked-14km-everyday-to-go-to-school-labaran-maku
Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by freshness2020: 5:43am On Oct 29, 2014
Goodluck Jonathan τ̲̅ђe second!
Election don reach una don D̶̲̅ε̲̣y use poverty as excuse!

6 Likes

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by lonelydora: 5:48am On Oct 29, 2014
When you were enjoying as a minister you didn't remember, election is around the corner you want to get sympathy. Even if you win, will you make other children not to walk that 14km?

4 Likes

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 29, 2014
but u had a shoe...........

5 Likes

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by Daguccizgreat(m): 5:57am On Oct 29, 2014
Another version of I had no shoes...Lol

4 Likes

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by bunmioguns(m): 5:58am On Oct 29, 2014
What are we to do with this

Mtcheeeew
Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by politricks: 6:01am On Oct 29, 2014
They are already here again with their unnecessary statements.
Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by AbuMaryam1(m): 6:03am On Oct 29, 2014
This is PDP for you, another rat will come and tell us he dont know 19 is greater than 16.
Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by condralbede(m): 6:05am On Oct 29, 2014
I walked 16km during my primary school days,4km during my secondary school days cos I stayed in boarding school. 1O km everyday during my University days.Now I walks 15 km a day seeking for a job...maku yours is better u hv stopped walking.70% of Nigerian are still walking.tongue

10 Likes

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by shikshark: 6:08am On Oct 29, 2014
u walk....u fly....u crawl....u soar.....u teleport

2 Likes

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by geogino(m): 6:13am On Oct 29, 2014
"having walked 14km everyday for about five years of his primary education, it was likely the distance he covered was enough to equal the circumference of the earth..."
Nigerins,setting and breaking world records since 1904.

1 Like

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 29, 2014
Dem don come again o! Politicians Deceiving People. Lolz!

grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by Alimtoheeb(m): 6:18am On Oct 29, 2014
Story for the ogbanje

1 Like

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by Christoskurion: 6:22am On Oct 29, 2014
May we never allow our children,siblings,successors,etc to encounter the same negative challenges we faced. May God perfect His plan for Nasarawa State.

1 Like

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by Johnnyessence(m): 7:35am On Oct 29, 2014
almakura will win with wide margin in nasarawa state people of nasarawa are not carry away with what maku is saying he looter and is ready to loot d state treasury when elected. forget ooooo I have no shoes words is worst than this man imagine saying rubbish he trek 14km to school labaran maku is an empty barrel PDP will loose convincely in nasarawa state Cos' d good people of d state will vote enmass to almakura.
Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by Johnnyessence(m): 7:40am On Oct 29, 2014
labaran maku is a disgrace to this country he will be disappointed in Feb 28 2015 election Cos' people won't vote for him he thinks he can impeach a good and effective governor almakura .forget oiii maku is a disgrace to his people and d country at large.

1 Like

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by RockMaxi: 7:46am On Oct 29, 2014
Oga ex-minister, you sure say you know what you are saying, that is 7,000metres to school as a child and 7,000metres back not even as a teenager. shocked
Please who did the measurement? Haba! please tell us something real and factual.
Nigerian Politicians are always from a humble beginning. grin And truth be told those from humble beginning rarely say it.

2 Likes

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:48am On Oct 29, 2014
*in tuface's voice * E be like say you want to tell me anoda story again ooooooo

2 Likes

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by edababa007(m): 7:49am On Oct 29, 2014
U don lie finish for abuja abi? Nassarawa pple pls beware of dis rabid dog oooo
Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by Gbawe: 7:53am On Oct 29, 2014
And so? I used to cross shark and Crocodile-infested water to get to school so what is Maku making noise for? They are back with their stories of 'struggles' they think will endear them to the common man. Oga Maku,GEJ has spoiled that market for you all. Better look for something else.

8 Likes

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by honey001(m): 7:55am On Oct 29, 2014
If u like, trek one million Km, this won't work this time around, Sorry Maku.

I beg We Have heard enough of this thrash....

2 Likes

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by guvnor83: 8:07am On Oct 29, 2014
singing two tuface song "same story"
Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by omenka(m): 8:19am On Oct 29, 2014
Kai. Our politicians nor get sense at all!!! cheesycheesy

These una comments sha. Nairalanders go kill person wth laughter. cheesy
Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by tpia6: 8:21am On Oct 29, 2014
I walked further.

We should have a school walker's association of nairaland, much better than all these do you remember this biscuit threads.

1 Like

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by tpia6: 8:22am On Oct 29, 2014
condralbede:
I walked 16km during my primary school days,4km during my secondary school days cos I stayed in boarding school. 1O km everyday during my University days.Now I walks 15 km a days seeking for a job...maku yours is better u hv stopped walking.70% of Nigerian are still walking.tongue

Hehe, the walking nigerians will see better days in Jesus name.

Walking is not necessarily a bad thing though, its great exercise although in nigeria we walk in the hot sun.

In addition, it would help people keep in shape ( but only if they were eating well to begin with).

Also, its harder in lagos.
Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by izu777: 8:23am On Oct 29, 2014
Infact, Me i walk 100km to school with no shoes and eve shirt na wetin next polithiefian go talk grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by condralbede(m): 8:39am On Oct 29, 2014
tpia6:

Hehe, the walking nigerians will see better days in Jesus name.

Walking is not necessarily a bad thing though, its great exercise although in nigeria we walk in the hot sun.

In addition, it would help people keep in shape ( but only if they were eating well to begin with).

Also, its harder in lagos.
You are right Broo.its well
Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by khattab02: 8:46am On Oct 29, 2014
Kaeboy:
but u had a shoe...........
lol... This guy eh!

2 Likes

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by pendy79: 8:49am On Oct 29, 2014
At least oga maku you wear shoe. Oga did his own without shoes so your own is still manageable.

But why do we like copycatism in this country?
Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by greatgod2012(f): 8:53am On Oct 29, 2014
izu777:

Source: http://.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/858-i-walked-14km-everyday-to-go-to-school-labaran-maku

you walked 14 kilometers to school everyday............with shoes or without shoes

1 Like

Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by Blackfire(m): 8:53am On Oct 29, 2014
maku, nairalanders thunder wey go fire u,go market go buy pump action
Re: I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 29, 2014
greatgod2012:

you walked 14 kilometers to school everyday............with shoes or without shoes
with slippers I guess.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers APC Shuts Down Port Harcourt As They Welcome PMB In Grand Style (photos) / A Child Awaits Her Food Voucher From A Relief Worker During The Civil War 1968 / Embattled Edo Deputy Speaker Returns To Obaseki's Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.