Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos (59006 Views)

Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard / 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why / 13 Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by asogwahillary(m): 3:21am On Nov 03, 2014
Is that how Lagos be?,i believe living in the midst of many Babalawos also contribute to this anomallies
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by MistadeRegal(m): 3:48am On Nov 03, 2014
Agric Bus Stop to Volka was most dangerous before. But ever since GOD had put it in the heart of soldiers to lie in wait for the notorious gang there some years ago, only once after about 9 years now have I heard of re-occurrence there. Because before, from 7:30pm, everybody starts running without seeing what's chasing them.

3 Likes

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by magicfingers009: 3:51am On Nov 03, 2014
OP: Add the following
1. Oshodi Pedestrian Bridge. They tear open ur bag or confront you if they size you up.
2. Inside the old train: You will be robbed and no one wud come to ur rescue.
3. Adeniji Bustop 3MB
4. Idi oro Mushin
5.. Festac
6. Iganmu esp National Theatre.
7. Orile
8. Bariga roundabout. This however, is seasonal
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 4:02am On Nov 03, 2014
olaezebala:
Shine ur eyes for Obalende too o. Was coming from CMS around 9 one day dropped @ Obalende to enter my Iyana Oworo jeje na so someone just canvas me from behind like two guys rushed to help me up. Wen I moved forward alittle I realized my phone was gone. I looked back and couldn't see the samaritans anymore. Dem don network my dullness. so since den if I drop @ Obalende en, na to jog my way to where I go enter oworo bus o.
grin grin
drlawizle:
Reminds me of a time in Ile-Ife when I was just coming back from a club & a violent looking one-eyed man just crossed to the lonely street I was walking..a young okada

man had just dropped me off..den d scruffy guy just asked me to drop...I looked @ okada man for intervention & the man just told the okada guy if he doesnt want to lose

his life now he should just shut the f*uck up(in yoruba)..as I saw the okada guy melt na so I just begin comedy..."ah baba agba! I no know sey nah you, haba see one leg up

for you nah, my 2hands dey up for you baba twale! If I fit carry my other leg up sef make I remain for air I go do am oh!" Nah so the man laugh sotey he just collect

50naira and personally bodyguard me till I reach house d@ night...these guhs can make you do silly things I tell ya!
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by thomasjoe1: 4:03am On Nov 03, 2014
ITas not False Alarm ...............just thank Go d you have been saved all these while ..............Estate bus- stop is the Headquarters and the place looks so simple! @ OP Thanks for sharing
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by ugoezeik(m): 4:29am On Nov 03, 2014
moneybag100:
Please is lagos the new state in moon?
We folks that schooled in france never heard of it.
mumu so u also com here to showcase ur mumuism ehhh? Sorry we wey no school in france r here in lagos schooling. Ode
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by AdeniyiA(m): 4:44am On Nov 03, 2014
And. Fashola is working?
seriously the performances of our political leaders are over hyped undecided
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by liongirl: 5:16am On Nov 03, 2014
When i talk they will say this girl don come. The police commissioner lagos state should send those fat and slim lazy policemen from various command to permanently stay at those identified hotsports and nothing will heppen
uboma:
The Nigerian Police Force has advised all residents and visitors to Lagos be wary of these locations to avoid falling victims to violent crimes.

I dont reside in Lagos so i dont even know most of these places. However for the residents in Lagos, please contribute by listing out the areas that are mostly and less prone to robbery attack and possibly safe alternative routes one can take to his destination.

1. Estate bus stop at Ketu-Alapere: Attacks are
carried-out both day and night

2. Berger bus stop (along OPIC - Ibadan
Expressway): Criminals attack victims with guns
on the long bridge and in traffic jams

3. First Gate junction - Agidingbi: Robbery point

4. Boundary bus stop in Ajegunle: Popularly
referred to as the 'one million boys' gang territory
where criminals attack passengers in vehicles

5. Ijora bus stop: Notorious spot for gang-rape;
abduction in buses (popularly known as 'one
chance',

6. Mile 2 Oke: Hammers, knives, guns are used
to rob motorists in traffic jam

7. Church bus stop - Agboju Mile 2 (Badagry
expressway): Haven for street urchins

8. Agric bus stop - Mile 2: Notorious area for
buried arms that are used for robbery operations in the area

9. Abulosu bus stop along Mile 2 - Badagry
expressway: Drivers conspire with thugs to attack
victims

10. Apongbon bus stop: Hotbed of 'one-chance'
bus attacks

11. School bus stop, along Mba - Mile 2 road in
Ajegunle: Use of jack-knives and other weapons on
victims

12. Bamboo area along Oworonsoki - Ibadan
Expressway: a dangerous spot about 100 meters
from Alapere Housing Estate Bus stop

Please try as much as possible to avoid all the
bus stops listed above when you can. If you find
yourself around any of these bus stops, ensure the
following:

* If you are a passenger or driving your own
vehicle, stay alert and do not display priced
possessions - mobile phones and devices; jewelry;
cash.

* Wind-up your windows and remain alert
when driving.

* Drive faster in these areas but please
consider your safety and the safety of other road-
users by keeping to speed limits.

Safe driving to everyone in Lagos (both visitors anr residents).
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Crispels(m): 5:26am On Nov 03, 2014
Can't the police go to these bus stops,Lay Ambush on them and arrest/waste their lives undecided

Fashola must hear this!!! angry
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Hanasbay(m): 5:30am On Nov 03, 2014
olaezebala:
Shine ur eyes for Obalende too o. Was coming from CMS around 9 one day dropped @ Obalende to enter my Iyana Oworo jeje na so someone just canvas me from behind like two guys rushed to help me up. Wen I moved forward alittle I realized my phone was gone. I looked back and couldn't see the samaritans anymore. Dem don network my dullness. so since den if I drop @ Obalende en, na to jog my way to where I go enter oworo bus o.

I base close to that place ...... Maybe they felt you weren't an islander...... Wow didn't know such happens @ obalende
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Hanasbay(m): 5:31am On Nov 03, 2014
drlawizle:
Reminds me of a time in Ile-Ife when I was just coming back from a club & a violent looking one-eyed man just crossed to the lonely street I was walking..a young okada

man had just dropped me off..den d scruffy guy just asked me to drop...I looked @ okada man for intervention & the man just told the okada guy if he doesnt want to lose

his life now he should just shut the f*uck up(in yoruba)..as I saw the okada guy melt na so I just begin comedy..."ah baba agba! I no know sey nah you, haba see one leg up

for you nah, my 2hands dey up for you baba twale! If I fit carry my other leg up sef make I remain for air I go do am oh!" Nah so the man laugh sotey he just collect

50naira and personally bodyguard me till I reach house d@ night...these guhs can make you do silly things I tell ya!

For real wow
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by horlus(m): 5:36am On Nov 03, 2014
udysweet:
I'm not suprised seeing mile 2 there,very bad area to find yourself at nite! I ddnt see oshodi,ojota and costain o esp costain and ojota,pickpockets der hav a Phd in pickpocketing! Lool! Oh I forgot oyingbo,dat was were dey picked my phone bak in 2006 ,while inside a tight fitting jeans trouser! Lool
It was naija magic that caused you ur phone. U comitted lookery. Lol. Things that hustlers do its unbelievable.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by 1mobile: 5:42am On Nov 03, 2014
Bro you didnt add Iyana-Iba busstop along Badagry Express way before Lasu. Another bad stop not to b at any given time.Robbery and violence takes place at easy there.

Berger Suya busstop at Wilmer is another bad spot not to be at nite.

Iyana-Ipaja busstop along Abeokuta Express way,another violence prone area.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Cholison(m): 5:42am On Nov 03, 2014
Since the police knows the point they should police them properly, that is why they should withdraw their personnel from politicians and use them for the generality of the masses.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Akpama47(m): 5:46am On Nov 03, 2014
[quote author=joedejana post=27675509]Hmm...Nigeria undecided

Pls dnt say Nigeria say nigerians cause the land nigeria has provided everything for nigerians to be one of the strongest countries in the world so dnt call nigeria it is u nd I that has the responsibility to make it a great country with the resources it has provided for us

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by pussyeater(m): 5:51am On Nov 03, 2014
Op! U nor mention Sanya bus stop along Mile 2 express way!
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by MadCow1: 5:52am On Nov 03, 2014
komek:
@Op, where did u ghet this info from? Was this thread created if yes, Op must be on the influence of something. U will just sit in ur father's living room with a Techno fone to type the imagination of ur hrt. And the Mod will sharply bring it to front page.

Yes Lag was that bad at a time, not now again. Pls stop scaring pple away from Lag. The things u mentioned about these bustops are all lies, except that Agboju axis to Volks and soon those things u mentioned wuld stop around those axis.

Those bustops are not as bad as u dey portray for here abeg.

Barely 5 weeks ago, I witnessed a robbery on 3rd mainland traffic .. The guy was posing as a hawker.. he succeeded in taking a bag out of the car before fleeing.

Lagos mainland is still bad o. Don't test those niggas in traffic. That's why I stay other my windows up in traffic.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by temitemi1(m): 5:55am On Nov 03, 2014
Mile 2 most be on d list because my bother was robbed 2 weeks ago in d hold up. U need to try as much as possible to avoid mile 2 in d night n very early in d morning.. Good Bless Nigeria!!
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by tattesco(m): 5:56am On Nov 03, 2014
I live at alapere
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by lastpage: 5:59am On Nov 03, 2014
masonkz:
While I commend this, it'd be good for the Nigerian police ti also tell us what they are doing yo make these places less violent. There's a reason we have a police force.

The tales from that mile 2 is not funny one bit, especially early in the morning.

Dont mind these SHAMELESS POLICE FARCE!

They are able to tell us where "dangerous armed robbers" are .......but are not able to apprehend them?

This begs the question: is it that they are incapable of performing their role in the society (in which case they should be disbanded and other agencies ready to do the job, be empowered)....

Or is it that they themselves are the ones responsible or at the least encouraging these criminals and their activities?

*We have heard true stories and witnessed where Police "loan" guns and bullets to armed robbers.
*We have seen (at Okota) where Policemen from Lekki came to rob homes at Okota only to suddenly show their I.D and call it "secret operation" when occupants brought out their own guns and during exchange of gunfire, the "armed robbers" were overpowered .... and they turned to be "Police men"!
*We have seen over and over where Policemen shoot and kill unarmed civilians when they forcefully demand money from them and the 'egunje' is not forthcoming!
*We have seen Policemen murder young people randomly, when picked up for "wondering", ....right in front of their house!

Policemen have done EXACTLY the same things that armed robbers, thugs, street urchins are noted for...

So, IS THE NIGERIAN POLICEMAN AN "OFFICIAL EQUIVALENT" OF THE ARMED ROBBERS?

At least we dont have to pay salary and buy weapons for the armed robbers, they work 'hard' for their loot...

Lastpage!

7 Likes

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by alienvirus: 6:00am On Nov 03, 2014
Seriously theft and robbery have drastically reduced in Lagos.

The first phone that was stolen from me actually happened at OBALENDE. When it comes to pickpocketing give it to that area of Lagos. I was coming from second Avenue, Ikoyi with my earpiece in my ear. I felt light after entering a bus and the sound stopped all of a sudden.

Op should have added OSHODI. Few days ago, I heard a bus driver shouting "hey file! O gbodo mu". The guy just left d lady side and walked away. I later realized that the driver sighted the guy afar, walking side by side with a lady in order to remove things from her bag. Oshodi is crazy though not like before.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by idu1(m): 6:02am On Nov 03, 2014
So, nigerian police cnt secure all those places? Are they scared? Smh.........
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by temitemi1(m): 6:02am On Nov 03, 2014
What abt d entire Mushin olosha because news coming out of dis area is nothing to write home about!!! Pls stay away from mushin, still beggin my sister that resides their to leave if she wants me to be visitin her.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by bengunsman(m): 6:04am On Nov 03, 2014
Good info, now I can deploy my swat team to those areas. Hunt down those bastards
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Bobbyjay001(m): 6:11am On Nov 03, 2014
udysweet:
I'm not suprised seeing mile 2 there,very bad area to find yourself at nite! I ddnt see oshodi,ojota and costain o esp costain and ojota,pickpockets der hav a Phd in pickpocketing! Lool! Oh I forgot oyingbo,dat was were dey picked my phone bak in 2006 ,while inside a tight fitting jeans trouser! Lool
I resided in Iponri (around police barrack and close to Iponri market)b4 relocating here in Ondo. While there,I never experienced being pick pocketed at d ever-busy costain b/s cos there's hardly any night did nt go there to buy suya and oda things. Though,thngs might av changed ever since i left in 2012.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by edaloba(m): 6:21am On Nov 03, 2014
yhemrite:
I concur with Estate Alapere....I reside there...
yap you are right. Hav never cum across such in that bustop
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by philclem(m): 6:21am On Nov 03, 2014
moneybag100:

Do you also schooled in france...am in lyon where are you in france?
Punjabi.......we stay in d same flat angry

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 03, 2014
Oregun bustop where kudirat was assassinated
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 03, 2014
1mobile:
Bro [s] you didnt add Iyana-Iba busstop along Badagry Express way before Lasu. Another bad stop not to b at any given time.Robbery and violence takes place at easy there.
[/s]

Berger Suya busstop at Wilmer is another bad spot not to be at nite.

[s] Iyana-Ipaja busstop along Abeokuta Express way,another violence prone area. [/s]
You lie! Even with the presence of an amoured thank stationed at Iyana Iba by the police? Iyana Iba is very safe even at night. Iyana Ipaja is equally safe too because there are police presence there.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by sorom4: 6:33am On Nov 03, 2014
Anything can happen at any bustop in Lagos. Not just Bustop; anywhere. I also think that the op is raising an alarm and attributing it to the police. No. 7 is 90% wrong; unless it happens when i'm asleep
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 03, 2014
marieolae:
apapa road nko? The bustops there r crazy
wetin u go find for apapa
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by udysweet(f): 6:34am On Nov 03, 2014
Can I tell u two incidences dat hapnd der?d 2nd will blow ur mind! Just a few years back,my elder sista cam bak hom,we asked her wat hapnd to her bag,then did she realise dat her bag had been sliced by d side,evn pieces of d "tiger" blade was inside d bag.funny enof dey ddnt tak anymony,infact d 65naira was sliced alongside,lol! Now to d 2nd one,last Dec on my way frm work then wile still workin at lekki,I stopped at costain to board bus to kilo.somany crowd der n was getn dark.Kilo bus cam&we started draggin,next a guy said dey hav opened my bag,lo n behold dey removd dis guy's laptop frm his backpack,I weak! Sm1 told him d guy ran towards apapa rd,poor guy he was running in circle,for were! Laptop gone. As in I cldnt fathom how dos guys work,I tink its a gang because if dis one takes it,passes to d oda one who'll melt into d crowd. Trust me to always grip my bag under my hand wen ever I'm at costain at nite,lol!dey stil operate,its for one to be careful n u dare not confront dem else dey will pounce on u!
Bobbyjay001:

I resided in Iponri (around police barrack and close to Iponri market)b4 relocating here in Ondo. While there,I never experienced being pick pocketed at d ever-busy costain b/s cos there's hardly any night did nt go there to buy suya and oda things. Though,thngs might av changed ever since i left in 2012.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Hangs On A Lady's Bonnet From Ikoyi To VI Lagos (Video) / Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her / Madonna Students Returning For Election Burn To Death In Road Accident (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.